Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

That was tedious and sucked to watch.

it was bad for most 3 quarters and great for the last 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Lamar has nothing left to prove, as he's already proven he chokes in the biggest moments, much like Kyle Shannahan and the four-time NFL Choker of the Year Dak Prescott.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Feel bad for the 49ers, can definitely quibble with the playcalling but I would t go so far as to say they choked or anything.

Purdy was juuuust good enough that the sports media will be able to keep having the same debates about him so id say that would be my main disappointment.

Happy for hardman, still pissed Tennessee didn’t draft rice

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Radia posted:

i like Romo :smith:

He was alright for a while but he's too far removed from playing to be useful now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Welp here’s hoping this is the last time the chiefs make the SB for the next decade+. I didn’t bother to watch this one bc I’ve seen enough chiefs sb appearances now. Happy for Andy Reid and all but 4 of the last 5 with 3 wins is definitely more than enough.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alan Smithee posted:

Tbf idk either. Why didn’t they play out the 3 seconds

Since the 49ers had one possession, the chiefs could walk off with a TD. If they had only kicked a field goal, the next score by either team would have won.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Can't wait for the hot takes over the coming days. We have truly pissed on the rest of the AFCW from great height, as was ordained.

also

Carlosologist posted:

lol Kyle Shanahan

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Feel bad for the 49ers, can definitely quibble with the playcalling but I would t go so far as to say they choked or anything.

Purdy was juuuust good enough that the sports media will be able to keep having the same debates about him so id say that would be my main disappointment.

Happy for hardman, still pissed Tennessee didn’t draft rice

Purdy is honestly a really good quarterback stuck in purgatory

I have nothing against him, I hope he finds a team that actually knows how to win when it matters

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

whos that broooown posted:

He was alright for a while but he's too far removed from playing to be useful now.

It was fun when he was calling plays before they happened

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Glad to see that Nick Adams (Alpha Male) is looking out for Taylor Swift.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
lovely way to lose but it happens. Run it back next year with Hufanga back and hopefully some better O-linemen, and presumably Kansas City won't have Chris Jones anymore if we end up in this same loving situation again

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Oh well. Niners, friends.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The chiefs defense is very good.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
49ers could have signed Tom Brady, won a bunch of Super Bowls and kept their picks from trading up for Trey Lance

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chris Jones honestly robbed of MVP because of how many Purdy throws he disrupted with wide open WRs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
yeah but gently caress Tom Brady

Harlock posted:

Chris Jones honestly robbed of MVP because of how many Purdy throws he disrupted with wide open WRs

I assume Mahomes won because duh but Jones was absolutely the best player in that game for KC

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Comfortador posted:

No, they talked about that and Tony Romo actually proved useful explaining that cause when I see a ticking clock I'm like wtf are you doing??

Ah that's the problem. I had long tuned out Romo by that point.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Jen X posted:

it was bad for most 3 quarters and great for the last 2

Defensive battles aren’t interesting unless you’re invested. Nobody was after three quarters, it just kinda… happened

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1756900581187469457?s=20

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Yeah, his impact on the game was massive.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Harlock posted:

This, and the corollary: If there's a way to give an Anti-MVP, it should go to 49ers RT Colton McKivitz.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Even though this is mostly accurate Doc at least won once (even if he got carried to it)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://x.com/TroyAikman/status/1176323299120504833?s=20

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/GabeTheWP/status/1756888508835434803

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Did anyone else hear Berman just tell Andy Reid “Proud of ya!” on NFL PrimeTime?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I wonder if those underdog Chiefs will rise from mediocrity and win the Superbowl next year as well

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
same old sorry rear end NINERS

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grozz Nuy posted:

yeah but gently caress Tom Brady

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

lol we won again

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Now that tensions have calmed, it was funny when that guy told that other guy to kill himself in the gdt.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

I wonder if those underdog KCFT will rise from mediocrity and win the Superbowl next year as well

sir, are you doubting the KCFT once again!?

The337th fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 12, 2024

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

I wonder if those underdog Chiefs will rise from mediocrity and win the Superbowl next year as well

seems unlikely. put me down as a doubter.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If they actually draft or sign a WR, look out

https://twitter.com/ASchatzNFL/status/1756896776211308982?s=19

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Space Jam posted:

seems unlikely. put me down as a doubter.

wow, how can this poor franchise ever get some respect

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

congrats to 49ers posters for being at least as annoying if not more-so than Seahawks posters of yesteryear

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I hate the Shanahan family tree. His Dad wins 2 Superbowls with the Broncos and his son gives us 28-3 and now shits himself against the Chiefs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Black Sunshine posted:

I hate the Shanahan family tree. His Dad wins 2 Superbowls with the Broncos and his son gives us 28-3 and now shits himself against the Chiefs

Sometimes an Updyke poisons the roots of the tree.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

post hole digger posted:

Now that tensions have calmed, it was funny when that guy told that other guy to kill himself in the gdt.

LOL I missed that amongst all the chaos, seems normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Game was shaping up to be worse than Rams vs Pats 2.0 until late second half but what a turnaround.

What an absolutely insane outcome for Hardman lol. Traded back to KC for nothing, has like 20 touches all season, has a brutal fumble earlier in the playoffs... and catches the super bowl winning pass ??????? Imagine getting that text from your agent that you're headed back to the Chiefs after Rodgers goes down and torpedoes the Jets season. Charmed life.