Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Kyle Shannahan is the Dak Prescott of coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

papersack posted:

It's already been forgotten but that 9ers trick play was amazing

And technically shouldn't have counted because of an illegal man downfield I think? Which would be a funny thing for Chiefs fans to be whining about right now if the ending had gone differently.

At the end of the day I think I'd be miffed but rule of cool and all and there were plenty of other chances for the Chiefs after that which were squandered mostly, until they came up with them in the right spots.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mystic Stylez posted:

nothing is a given in a football game, I agree, but at some specific times it was very suspect, like when the 49ers had to settle for a field goal after a 2nd and 4 when McCaffrey got 6 yards on his first carry and they were gaining big momentum

If you’re talking about the FG in OT that first 6 yard rush was followed by a second rush that gained 0 yards and left them at 3rd and 4 which is almost always a passing down and distance in the modern NFL. And then the pass play had a good shot at a TD if the interior could have stopped Chris Jones for even a second.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you’re talking about the FG in OT that first 6 yard rush was followed by a second rush that gained 0 yards and left them at 3rd and 4 which is almost always a passing down and distance in the modern NFL. And then the pass play had a good shot at a TD if the interior could have stopped Chris Jones for even a second.

no, I'm talking about the 4th quarter

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

JayhawkCSC posted:

as an incredibly unracist fan that lives in Missouri, please go gently caress yourself.

Whatever you say Infrequent Poster probated for making a racist Muslim joke :laffo:

Hope you enjoy the Trump 2024 victory tour!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well that too. I'm just tired of the most openly racist fanbase getting to enjoy anything nice. gently caress Missouri forever.

lol

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i think most sports fans are probably pretty racist but i also have no hope in humanity so

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The narratives about Shanahan are so stupid, he has an insanely good playoff record for a head coach that has never had an elite QB. You can say that the roster is stacked, but it's as good as it is in large part because he's so good at evaluating and developing players. Sometimes you just don't get the bounces.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

The narratives about Shanahan are so stupid, he has an insanely good playoff record for a head coach that has never had an elite QB. You can say that the roster is stacked, but it's as good as it is in large part because he's so good at evaluating and developing players. Sometimes you just don't get the bounces.

maybe he should consider not being a gaunt freak who blows it when it matters

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

i think most sports fans are probably pretty racist but i also have no hope in humanity so

Yes; but the Chiefs are basically one step down from the Redskins, in terms of Native American cultural misappropriation, but using the tomahawk chop at games basically negates the less offensive name anyway.

So yeah, the sooner they join the ranks of mediocrity, the better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well that too. I'm just tired of the most openly racist fanbase getting to enjoy anything nice. gently caress Missouri forever.

I’m from Kansas just so you know so talking trash on Missouri isn’t really generating the effect that you desire

Anyway, nice pivot, you’re a moron, cope elsewhere

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Canned Sunshine posted:

If that’s your main concern, you’ll be happy to learn that MAGA nation, outside of Kansas/Missouri/Nebraska, was desperate for a SF win.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alaois posted:

maybe he should consider not being a gaunt freak who blows it when it matters

what a loving dumbass for not telling that punt coverage guy to not let the ball bounce off his foot

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
imo, the Chiefs feel like the only team in the NFL atm that understands that the 2nd half is the more important one

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

kiimo posted:

I’m from Kansas just so you know so talking trash on Missouri isn’t really generating the effect that you desire

Anyway, nice pivot, you’re a moron, cope elsewhere

I mean, Kansas at least voted down the abortion amendment and has a Dem governor, so gotta give them that?

And I'm not a 49ers fan so I'm not coping so much as just tired of seeing KC fans have happiness and success. Eat poo poo for awhile and then come back more humble, shitbag.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Yes; but the Chiefs are basically one step down from the Redskins, in terms of Native American cultural misappropriation, but using the tomahawk chop at games basically negates the less offensive name anyway.

lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Grozz Nuy posted:

As an OC or HC he’s had a double digit lead in 3 Super Bowl and lost all 3.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If your main thought while watching and immediately following the superbowl is “how does this relate to Donald Trump” please, I beg you, go outside, touch grass, don’t post

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Canned Sunshine posted:

After an entire season where the NFL took every opportunity to profit off of Kelce and Swift's "relationship", all the talk about all the Swifties now being NFL fans, reaching a new audience, etc., all the merchandise that Swifties would purchase if the Chiefs win... it blows my mind that people actually think the NFL isn't scripted.

It is wild how they could take the worst team in the NFL, one that has not had any success in the past decade, and just for their sick greed manage to prop them up to win a Super Bowl just for extra revenue. And they think no one would notice?!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Sunshine posted:

Can we not do this bullshit?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

And I'm not a 49ers fan so I'm not coping so much as just tired of seeing KC fans have happiness and success. Eat poo poo for awhile and then come back more humble, shitbag.

lmao

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Can we not do this bullshit?

i dunno i kinda love this guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

what a loving dumbass for not telling that punt coverage guy to not let the ball bounce off his foot

yeah its really a shame that was the final play of the game and the 9ers never had a chance to score more points after that

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

Go on.

Canned Sunshine posted:

I mean, Kansas at least voted down the abortion amendment and has a Dem governor, so gotta give them that?

Don't stop now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

davecrazy posted:

As an OC or HC he’s had a double digit lead in 3 Super Bowl and lost all 3.

Is there any other OC in history that gets blamed for their team losing the Super Bowl instead of the head coach?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/ASchatzNFL/status/1756914111630524640

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If your main thought while watching and immediately following the superbowl is “how does this relate to Donald Trump” please, I beg you, go outside, touch grass, don’t post

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

It is wild how they could take the worst team in the NFL, one that has not had any success in the past decade, and just for their sick greed manage to prop them up to win a Super Bowl just for extra revenue. And they think no one would notice?!

Upon further research, it seems like the chiefs are actually a good team and have won games before this season. Just goes to show how long this whole Taylor Swift plan has been building up for, the league must have been plotting this for years.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grozz Nuy posted:

KC was clearly selling out to stop the run all game, there was nothing wrong with Kyle's playcalling.

well, there was something wrong with it, cause it lost them the game

JayhawkCSC posted:

as an incredibly unracist fan

Lol...😂

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Canned Sunshine posted:

“Good luck”

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i just find stepping out into the city and hearing fireworks and people screaming "wooooooooooo" in the distance from all directions to be a very uniting experience and i'm happy when any city gets to experience that

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Canned Sunshine posted:

these dam midwesterners misappropriating the traditional Native American Tomahawk Chop.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is there any other OC in history that gets blamed for their team losing the Super Bowl instead of the head coach?

when their offense is literally their only defining feature that year and the head coach is as much of a shapeless mass of a human being as Dan Quinn, who else are you going to blame

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

imo, the Chiefs feel like the only team in the NFL atm that understands that the 2nd half is the more important one

My mom always says "we're a second half team". The haters never learn!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The Chiefs are fun

Mahomes is fun

Five stars

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

A ton of weird poo poo happened in that game, Greenlaw's leg randomly exploding, blocked FG, tipped FG that went in, punt that hit a different dude's leg

But Shanahan losing was a very foreseeable outcome. That was a real brutal way to lose though hoofa doofa

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

this is my takeaway as well

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes has 3 rings now. Whew. Peerless. Allen/Lamar/Burrow/Herbert/Stroud..argue amongst yourselves for challenger spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Canned Sunshine posted:

i remember what the 49ers fanbase were like with Kaepernick. this is a bit of a stretch