Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is there any other OC in history that gets blamed for their team losing the Super Bowl instead of the head coach?

Outscored 29-74 in the 2nd half of championship games.

Choke artists.

Nobody had seen choking like this since Schottenhimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
just lmao that Kittle getting the shits caused a backup TE to go in and get a holding penalty

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Abugadu posted:

just lmao that Kittle getting the shits caused a backup TE to go in and get a holding penalty

Wait is that really what he left for?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can’t believe the Patriots only had one back to back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grozz Nuy posted:

The narratives about Shanahan are so stupid, he has an insanely good playoff record for a head coach that has never had an elite QB. You can say that the roster is stacked, but it's as good as it is in large part because he's so good at evaluating and developing players.

except quarterback. imagine if they had spent those Lance picks better, or had someone better than Jimmy G his first five years. his weakest areas are QB evaluation (Purdy was pure luck) and game day management, which are pretty big flaws in the end

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Abugadu posted:

they call it the lamar jackson gambit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Space Jam posted:

they call it the lamar jackson gambit

It should be called the Paul Pierce

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

It should be called the Paul Pierce

yeah that’s more apt lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm glad I went to a bar then saw Poor Things than this Super Bowl.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

no one tell the 1980 eagles theyre about to lose the super bowl :ohdear:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

wilderthanmild posted:

Wait is that really what he left for?

Not officially, they were calling it a shoulder sprain, which caused him to waddle back to the locker room for about 3 minutes before he came back out and went back into the game.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Was a pretty good Superbowl, chiefs felt inevitable in the second half

8/10

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm glad I went to a bar then saw Poor Things than this Super Bowl.

wow cool man

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Caesar's already opening up the Super Bowl 59 line and putting the 49ers as the favorites over the Chiefs. Might as well take the Panthers though!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

San Fran's last 3 drives all resulted in them taking the lead.

Their defense allowed:

69 yard drive (to tie)
64 yard drive (to tie)
75 yard drive (to win/OT)

The third quarter was abysmal for the 49ers, but if you give Shanahan credit for the offense - they answered the call the entire fourth quarter/OT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man the tail end of that game day thread was dire

Some casual swinging in saying why is this owner talking about his parents? Nobody cares!

You mean Lamar Hunt, who invented the Super Bowl? Yeah why would his son talk about him after winning the Super Bowl?

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

no, I'm talking about the 4th quarter
Alright, so they had the exact same situation earlier, ran the ball, and got stuffed. If he had run it again and it failed again, it would be just as easy to say “why he is trying the same thing that hasn’t been working?”

I’m sure there were things he could’ve done better, but at the end of the day he was going against an elite defense with a DC who has been on fire this year. I don’t think the mistakes were egregious or obvious.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

unfortunately the first three quarters also count. should have gone into the half up by 2 scores at least

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

Some casual swinging in saying why is this owner talking about his parents? Nobody cares!

You mean Lamar Hunt, who invented the Super Bowl? Yeah why would his son talk about him after winning the Super Bowl?

to be fair, nobody cares what an owner has to say about anything ever

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Clark Hunt is a Lego man come to life with less personality.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh my God, I deciphered the logo conspiracy

It was right in front of us the whole time

The purple did not represent Baltimore

https://x.com/nfl/status/1756892137528987808?s=61&t=VfPms4CBkLlZnXNpXD5M5Q

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Andy Reid has retired. First ballot HOF.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

unfortunately the first three quarters also count. should have gone into the half up by 2 scores at least

Why two? Why not four? Hell, make it a dozen!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Why two? Why not four? Hell, make it a dozen!

yeah that's why I said "at least"

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/dirtbagqueer/status/1756747019136201150

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
btw blame the Bills for chefs winning

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1756890696554840360?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shoenin posted:

btw blame the Bills for chefs winning

Everyone had their shot. It’s not like they had a bye. They had to get through Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, and San Francisco. Buffalo Baltimore were away games and considering most of the fans in the stadium were San Francisco fans might as well call this an away game too

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The Kingfish posted:

these dam midwesterners misappropriating the traditional Native American Tomahawk Chop.

Are you the new Hotlanta Man?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

My dad got so mad when Kelce got in andy reids face early on. He kept talking about it all game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sex Farm posted:

My dad got so mad when Kelce got in andy reids face early on. He kept talking about it all game

it really pissed me off too. and because of it I hope he never finds peace in this world, or the next.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

indigi posted:

to be fair, nobody cares what an owner has to say about anything ever

It figures that an Astros Cheating Defender would also care about Ownership

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

lol I watched this game over at my mom's and she was extremely pro T-Swift/Kelce despite rooting for the Niners until he did that and then kept talking about how she needs to dump him

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sex Farm posted:

In postgame interview on SportsCenter, Kelce said he was telling Reid how much he supported him in a loud angry fratbro kind of way. That's his story anyway.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

Glad your team just won the Super Bowl and the thing you're most concerned about is defending the honor of the billionaire that owns the team.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zwabu posted:

In postgame interview on SportsCenter, Kelce said he was telling Reid how much he supported him in a loud angry fratbro kind of way. That's his story anyway.

lmao I mean who cares but is it that hard to say "yeah it's the fuckin super bowl, I got too fired up, but we're good now". Dude's e-brake skid into image management this year is funny. Was there a single shot of blackout Jason at this game? Cause I didn't see one and there had to be a blackout Jason at this game.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Congrats on the Browns for winning the Super Bowl via the transitive property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Docjowles posted:

lmao I mean who cares but is it that hard to say "yeah it's the fuckin super bowl, I got too fired up, but we're good now".

yeah?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Congrats on the Browns for winning the Super Bowl via the transitive property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh really?

Hang the Lions banner then too, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope next year the Chiefs are worse in the regular season, better in the postseason and 3x more racist