Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

*does the chop*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Turdfuzz posted:

*does the chop*

*does some genocide*

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1756888470599967000

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Strobe posted:

So when does Tucker Carlson kill himself

Ideally yesterday

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

way ahead of ya in the trump thread

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Go back to D&D

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Go back to D&D

good post

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If your main thought while watching and immediately following the superbowl is “how does this relate to Donald Trump” please, I beg you, go outside, touch grass, don’t post

field goal or nothing

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

go to bed, man
this has escalated enough

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NGL the whole concept of “My team won a Super Bowl and my first instinct is to go troll with dumb racist stuff” is pretty cringe but you do you I guess.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

go to bed, man
this has escalated enough

"Bed" to me means a medicated lack of dreaming, so I typically stay up late most nights because sleep itself is depressing to me, and I usually lay in bed thinking about how I wish I simply wouldn't wake up the next day.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Chris Kluwe is coming from inside the thread

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Canned Sunshine posted:

"Bed" to me means a medicated lack of dreaming, so I typically stay up late most nights because sleep itself is depressing to me, and I usually lay in bed thinking about how I wish I simply wouldn't wake up the next day.

dang that sucks, good luck buddy

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Chris Kluwe is coming from inside the thread

Is pat McAfee the evil Chris kluwe? Is that a sentence that makes sense???

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I know it'll never happen with how difficult they are now but it would be badass to see a team score a TD first in overtime, then win the game with a successful onside kick

Edit: Also while I'm thinking aloud it kinda makes sense to try an onside kick if you're kicking off in OT against a really good offense

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
That’s a Dan Campbell move

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

The prior rules required a TD on first possession to win, otherwise a FG givers it to the other team who can tie or win with their own TD.

Depends on which prior rules you mean because before 2010 field goal won it

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

well we've all been there but it's no excuse for being rude
but seriously, lay down and go to bed
tomorrow is a new lovely day for u to explore ur lovely options in this lovely world

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Sometimes I think about how lame original sudden death was and laugh. Like imagine how dumb it would have been for the game to end on a Jake Moody 25 yarder

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

illcendiary posted:

Sometimes I think about how lame original sudden death was and laugh. Like imagine how dumb it would have been for the game to end on a Jake Moody 25 yarder

I have sports PTSD from the 09 nfc championship

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

I have sports PTSD from the 09 nfc championship

Wasn't that the start of Bounty Gate basically?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Canned Sunshine posted:

Wasn't that the start of Bounty Gate basically?

Dunno but the vikings played like poo poo the entire time but stayed in it, the favre pick happened and then it ended because the saints got the ball first in OT and kicked a field goal. Everyone remembers the favre pick but nobody but me remembers the anti climactic OT bullshit

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I'm pretty sure it was, because it seemed like the Saints' D was going a little... extra hard at Favre, in the 'Let's injure him however we can" way, and it seemed weird until a few years later when the whole Bounty Gate scandal came out.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

I'm pretty sure it was, because it seemed like the Saints' D was going a little... extra hard at Favre, in the 'Let's injure him however we can" way, and it seemed weird until a few years later when the whole Bounty Gate scandal came out.

oh, you're still going on about football...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Canned Sunshine posted:

Yes, those were Bounty Gate years, on the other hand Favre is a gigantic piece of poo poo so they were doing the lords work.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Canned Sunshine posted:

I mean, favre was like 53 at the time and they never knocked him out of the game so I dunno

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

On the other hand Favre is a gigantic piece of poo poo so they were doing the lords work.

Yeah this too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Canned Sunshine posted:

I honestly look forward to the US splitting apart and balkanizing.

tens of millions dying is a weird thing to look forward to

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

on the other hand Favre is a gigantic piece of poo poo so they were doing the lords work.

That is also a good point! It's amazing how his post-playing career activities have completely ruined any good will he'd retired with.

Edit:

indigi posted:

tens of millions dying is a weird thing to look forward to

If it could happen peacefully, I would 100% be for it, because the nation is too far fractured to stay together long term anyway.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Canned Sunshine posted:

That is also a good point! It's amazing how his post-playing career activities have completely ruined any good will he'd retired with.

He retired with like zero good will because of all the bullshit at the end though. People were loving sick of him at the end of the Green Bay era

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

He retired with like zero good will because of all the bullshit at the end though. People were loving sick of him at the end of the Green Bay era

GB and Jets fans I knew were frustrated (though I always though that Packers fans at least appreciated his 90s years?), I didn't know Vikings fans were too. But at least he'd been a "gently caress it, go deep" funslinger QB and wasn't stealing funds from the needy at the time.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Canned Sunshine posted:

GB and Jets fans I knew were frustrated (though I always though that Packers fans at least appreciated his 90s years?), I didn't know Vikings fans were too. But at least he'd been a "gently caress it, go deep" funslinger QB and wasn't stealing funds from the needy at the time.

He was doing the "will I or won't I play another season" for like five solid years. Everyone was sick of his poo poo. The vikings season, is fans were on board because he had one of the best seasons of his career, and got us to the NFC championship. It was still weird rooting for a guy you've hated for so long, but whatever. Iirc the next year he was retired and the vikings convinced him to come back during like the preseason so he wasn't in shape and sucked and was not a great followup to the previous year by any stretch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

He was doing the "will I or won't I play another season" for like five solid years. Everyone was sick of his poo poo. The vikings season, is fans were on board because he had one of the best seasons of his career, and got us to the NFC championship. It was still weird rooting for a guy you've hated for so long, but whatever. Iirc the next year he was retired and the vikings convinced him to come back during like the preseason so he wasn't in shape and sucked and was not a great followup to the previous year by any stretch

He had the best year of his career IIRC and had his absolute best year of managing the ball by a huge margin which is why him punching the ticket to ride the ride one final time costing them the season and arguably the super bowl is so funny

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Barudak posted:

He had the best year of his career IIRC and had his absolute best year of managing the ball by a huge margin which is why him punching the ticket to ride the ride one final time costing them the season and arguably the super bowl is so funny

But it DIDNT COST THEM THE SEASON!!! IT WENT TO OT AND THE VIKINGS NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL AAARGH

Harvin and Peterson both fumbled at really bad times and the saints really should have won by like, several touchdowns. I can take a good rear end-kicking but don't jerk me around and have the game end in OT like that

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Anyway, looping back to the Superbowl that just happened: I am glad it didn't end with that initial field goal

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

oh, you're still going on about football...

Again, when I lay down, I think about the lack of dreaming and that makes me sad, or I think about not wanting to wake up. So I stay up long enough so that when I do lay down, I hopefully fall asleep quickly to minimize it all.

but thankfully for everyone in TFF, I think that moment is here for the night.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I was not invested in either team and almost didn't bother watching the game. I'm glad I did watch, it was probably the best game of the year.

Thanks and god bless

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Anyway, looping back to the Superbowl that just happened: I am glad it didn't end with that initial field goal

Same

Sex Farm posted:

But it DIDNT COST THEM THE SEASON!!! IT WENT TO OT AND THE VIKINGS NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL AAARGH

Harvin and Peterson both fumbled at really bad times and the saints really should have won by like, several touchdowns. I can take a good rear end-kicking but don't jerk me around and have the game end in OT like that

If you never touch the ball again its kind out of the funslingers fun.

But yeah, it would have been perfection if that interception had been run back for a pick 6.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Barudak posted:

Same

If you never touch the ball again its kind out of the funslingers fun.

But yeah, it would have been perfection if that interception had been run back for a pick 6.

I'm not saying favre wasn't responsible, he just was like one of five different people who deserved the blame for that loss.

I've talked to saints fans who remember it as a favre pick 6 or a favre pick that set up a saints fg at the end and yeah I think that's fair to remember it like that. Might as well.

The favre being favre narrative is a much better story than the Vikings having no business being in the game and losing in OT immediately to a saints field goal. And also, gently caress favre in general

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
okay. sincerepost time

go to loving therapy if you're depressionposting or bloodrageposting about a loving TV show. jesus christ. or see a psych. both preferably! seek self healing as best you can !! dont think this is normal bc sport! gah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

id be depressed too if my team choked at the super bowl twice to the same team in 4 years