Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

DTurtle posted:

because of the Wirtschaft and Wohlstand.

For some reason very few clapped for the FDP guy.

It's practically (intentionally or not) a right wing taking point, if you consider what "die Wirtschaft" finds immigrants most useful for: keeping wages low for everyone and shifting the blame for the low wages onto those same immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If you kick every Latino Ausländer out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump ?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you're an FDP speaker at a democracy/gegen rechts protest and you don't get booed off stage and pelted with rotten apples and tomatoes you can probably mark that down as a solid win for you and yours.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I used to think that the FDP is like 70% corruption and 30% ideology, but these days it seems more the other way around. These motherfuckers aren't even able to pragmatically play the game and keep a low profile while funneling money to their donors, they just instantly show their entire rear end and guarantee they won't get anywhere near power for another 8+ years

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you're an FDP speaker at a democracy/gegen rechts protest and you don't get booed off stage and pelted with rotten apples and tomatoes you can probably mark that down as a solid win for you and yours.
They didn't always announce which party the speakers were a member of. Some of them mentioned who exactly they were and what party they were, but others just spoke. Also, the Linke speaker had to correct the introduction, because he was now a member of the BSW...

Perestroika posted:

I used to think that the FDP is like 70% corruption and 30% ideology, but these days it seems more the other way around. These motherfuckers aren't even able to pragmatically play the game and keep a low profile while funneling money to their donors, they just instantly show their entire rear end and guarantee they won't get anywhere near power for another 8+ years
I agree with this. Also, don't underestimate the amount of anti-Green ideology at play. A while ago, I was talking with some people who were obviously FDP aligned, and they were complaining about the Green Foreign Minister visiting Israel, because what role did she play with regards to foreign policy...

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 12, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

Auf einer Karnevalsparty am Wochenende hat mich (M) ein Mädel immer mal wieder angeguckt bis sie zu mir gekommen ist und mir gesagt hat, ich würde so aussehen als wäre ich im öffentlichen Dienst.

Haben uns kurz unterhalten, hat mir erzählt wo sie arbeitet und was sie macht (sie ist auch im ÖD), aber konnte Sie kaum verstehen und haben dann jeweils mit unseren eigenen Gruppe weitergefeiert. Ich war nüchtern und Fahrer, sie schon angetrunken. Sie kam aus einer Stadt die paar Stunden entfernt ist, aber war mit Mädels feiern die ich vom sehen her mit Namen kannte hier aus der Gegend.

Also ich war jetzt nicht verkleidet und hatte in dem Moment nen Pulli und ne dicke Jacke an weil ich gerade angekommen war. War ultra spontan mit 2 Freunden zu dieser Party gekommen.

Ich meine was soll ich mir jetzt daraus denken? Soll ich das jetzt positiv oder negativ sehen, dass ich anscheinend das Aussehen von jemanden im ÖD habe. Wie sieht man aus als würde man im ÖD arbeiten? Hat man ne bestimmte ÖD Ausstrahlung die sofort von anderen Leuten die im ÖD arbeiten wahrgenommen wird?

War ne witzige Erfahrung. Was sagt ihr dazu oder hattet ihr ähnliche Erfahrungen?

:allears:

:negative:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Well, he looks like ÖD, he writes like ÖD, so at least he seems perfect for the ÖD

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
"lol what a loser"
- me, the chad angestellter in der privatwirtschaft

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

From what I understand, ÖD Angestellte look like they spent their Studienjahre in Hof. Welk, gray, haunted.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Libluini posted:

Well, he looks like ÖD, he writes like ÖD, so at least he seems perfect for the ÖD

This is extremely funny to me because i always see öD turned 90 degrees as a duck looking back

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

I thought this would end with "Since we both looked liked ÖD we should meet and compare our forms 24 A, please text me if you read this?

Only it ended even more bland.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cockblocking yourself for absolutely no reason is such a öD move

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

quote:

Haben uns kurz unterhalten, hat mir erzählt wo sie arbeitet und was sie macht (sie ist auch im ÖD), aber konnte Sie kaum verstehen und haben dann jeweils mit unseren eigenen Gruppe weitergefeiert.

ÖD in a nutshell

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Die Party muss ganz schön ÖD gewesen sein.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zwille posted:

This is extremely funny to me because i always see öD turned 90 degrees as a duck looking back

If I don't manage to unsee this in the next 48 hours, I'm coming for you

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If I don't manage to unsee this in the next 48 hours, I'm coming for you

:yeah:

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Last year, I was at a restaurant with friends and the waitress asked me if I "work with computers". I said "uhhh yeah I guess so" and she pointed at my little old Casio wristwatch and said "that's what I thought, because my brother-in-law got a watch like that too and he does computer stuff".

People be crazy.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

InappropriateJazz posted:

Last year, I was at a restaurant with friends and the waitress asked me if I "work with computers". I said "uhhh yeah I guess so" and she pointed at my little old Casio wristwatch and said "that's what I thought, because my brother-in-law got a watch like that too and he does computer stuff".

People be crazy.

She is right though

Who other than a computer toucher would wear a Casio wristwatch

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

People be crazy.

Goon Gets Confused By Incredibly Normal And Mundane Social Interaction

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
meine Casio W-800H: praktisch, leicht, anscheinend ein mir unbekannter Shibboleth

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

People be crazy.

Your Casio was showing you the most important time my dude: date time.
And you blew it.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hopper posted:

Your Casio was showing you the most important time my dude: date time.
And you blew it.

Flirting with waitstaff is pretty uncool. She just made small talk.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Griddle of Love posted:

Flirting with waitstaff is pretty uncool. She just made small talk.

The Griddle of Love restaurant paradoxically has a strict no flirting policy.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

How dare you besmirch my Casio. In fact, this classic timepiece is an icon of timeless industrial design, furthermore

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Casiouhr und Samenstau, wir studiern' Computerbau?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

spankmeister posted:

The Griddle of Love restaurant paradoxically has a strict no flirting policy.

drat, gottem!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ich bin eine dornige Chance

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:discourse:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Ugh what did they do now

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Offering Italy some tit for tat, also one of their head honchos went schwarzgelb hell yeah

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Zwille posted:

Offering Italy some tit for tat, also one of their head honchos went schwarzgelb hell yeah

More obscene is the guy expecting FDP to get a double digit result

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

sube posted:

More obscene is the guy expecting FDP to get a double digit result

0,1% would take two digits to display, yes

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Speaking of the FDP, there was an article on the website of the Dutch state broadcaster recently about how everyone in the EU is sick of the FDP's poo poo:

(translated by deepl with some edits)

'Germany in the EU behaves like a toddler throwing a tantrum'

It is often Hungary that is complained about in the European Union for being an unreliable partner. But lately there has been more and more frustration and annoyance about the attitude of Germany, one of the founders of the EU. Because the country with the largest economy in the Union nowadays regularly comes back on previous commitments.

In the EU, legislative proposals are often negotiated for years. In addition to the European Commission, which is the only body to make legislative proposals, the European Parliament and the 27 countries of the European Union must also agree on a law.

"There is now a pattern in which Germany often changes their stance on an issue at the very last minute," says a senior EU diplomat who wants to talk only on the basis of anonymity. "And that disrupts the entire EU negotiation process. It leads to suspicion. Because what is a German 'yes' worth, if it turns out to be a 'no' in the end?"

Changed opinion again
The most recent German twist is that of the European Duty of Care Act. This act makes large companies responsible for the entire supply chain in which they operate. If environmental or human rights rules are violated somewhere in that chain, large companies can face high fines for that.

There have been meetings about this for four and a half years. Lara Wolters (PvdA) negotiated as a proponent of the law all this time on behalf of the European Parliament. During the night-long closing negotiations in December, she took her then two-month-old baby with her to be able to feed him. There was an agreement on the law, a law which she also considers her child after so many years of work.

But last week, shortly before the final vote, the German changed their minds. "Germany's reputation as a reliable partner in the EU is being destroyed by the FDP," Wolters believes.

This is because comparable German turns are happened often these days, for example in agreements on a ban on combustion engines in 2030, on guidelines for artificial intelligence and on new standards for emissions for trucks. And it is mainly the FDP that is the problem

'Taken hostage' by the FDP
That liberal party is the smallest within the German coalition with social democrats and Greens. Politicians from the other parties see the FDP's attitude as an attempt by the liberals to profile themselves more strongly on topics that are important to their supporters. The party itself does not see the opposition to the Care Obligation Act as a twist; the party has always criticized it.
The FDP scored poorly in state elections and is now below the electoral threshold in national polls, which means that it would no longer come to parliament in new elections.

The Social Democratic Minister of Employment, Heil, therefore calls the move of the liberals an "ideologically motivated blockade". Wolters describes the FDP's attitude as an 'irresponsible and short-sighted hostage-taking action'.

'Jein'
In Germany, the custom is that without unity within the coalition, the country ultimately abstains from voting. This has immediate major consequences, because a vote from Germany for the necessary majority in Brussels is often of decisive importance.

In German popularly there is a word for not daring to say yes, but also not no: jein. In Brussels, they have known this attitude for years as the 'German Vote'.

Because even under the previous Chancellor, Angela Merkel, it happened that Germany abstained from voting. It is remarkable that the current government announced in good spirits when it took office that it was going to change this.

"We want to pursue an active European policy and shape it in a constructive way, which also means taking a clear and early position on European Commission projects through stricter coordination," the parties wrote at the end of 2021.

Criticism of Scholz
The opposite has happened since then: not only does Germany still regularly abstain from a vote, the country now also does so at the last minute. And that means Chancellor Scholz is receiving criticism.

As Green parliamentarian Hofreiter said to the German site RND: 'I don't believe that the chancellor understands how great the damage we are doing with it is, and that he therefore doesn't take care of it enough.' He speaks of 'planning errors in the Chancellery, which repeatedly lead to Germany being considered unreliable in Europe'.

They agree in Brussels. Lara Wolters nowadays thinks of her two-year-old son who occasionally throws toys out of his stroller when she thinks of the FDP. “If we continue like this in the EU, we will never achieve progress that is so much needed now,” she says.

Whether her law will eventually reach the finish line is unclear. There are still negotiations. A new date on which member states will vote on the agreement is still missing.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2509388-duitsland-gedraagt-zich-in-de-eu-als-een-woedende-peuter

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The only Lichtblick regarding the next elections is witnessing the FDP get absolutely dumpstered.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully, I don't trust German voters anymore.

Edit: Wait, that implies I ever did. Which I did not. After all, such is the flaw of democracy: If every Idiot can vote, then every idiot can vote.

And yes, I am aware that this is not solvable in a democracy because every idiot being allowed to vote is what democracy is.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 20, 2024

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

It's not like we haven't repeated this cycle of FDP going from irrelevant to opposition to governing to irrelevant before.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

While true, this is now the second time the FDP's stint in government has been immensely destructive to the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Hopper posted:

Hopefully, I don't trust German voters anymore.

Edit: Wait, that implies I ever did. Which I did not. After all, such is the flaw of democracy: If every Idiot can vote, then every idiot can vote.

And yes, I am aware that this is not solvable in a democracy because every idiot being allowed to vote is what democracy is.

The democratic way of reducing the number of idiots is having better media and better education.

If I'm elected Chancellor I'll give every citizen a free SA account. That should fix the issues with media today.