Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I thought conservatives didn't watch the NFL any more. Or are you telling me these people are actually just a bunch of goldfish-brained idiots who move from outrage to outrage based on what Facebook tells them they should be angry about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

This could easily be pro- or anti-trump depending on who made it

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I don’t like to see anything that wounds Joe Biden in the run up to the election, and there are very distinct differences in how he and Trump mishandled classified documents (that will be lost on the general public).

But goddamn do we need a better system for keeping classified poo poo classified. I always assumed that the average person would have zero chance to see highly classified documents—but it turns out you just have to be a house keeper in an ex-president’s home.

It shouldn’t even be the president’s responsibility (aside from complying with the rules), there should be a whole team of people who keep track of this poo poo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

This could easily be pro- or anti-trump depending on who made it

I was thinking the same thing, lol

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

lol I had to look this up. no her father isn't james taylor. but she did grow up stupid wealthy.

Sorry I can’t read—she was named after James Taylor

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Also, this went over really great in my group chat, so you can have it too.

I really had no idea before all this lunacy, but Taylor Swift seems pretty drat cool.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Wait I missed when Taylor & Travis used the Chiefs victory to endorse Joe Biden. Wasn't that the whole reason the NFL rigged the season & Super Bowl? Did she forget??

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hobo Clown posted:

Wait I missed when Taylor & Travis used the Chiefs victory to endorse Joe Biden. Wasn't that the whole reason the NFL rigged the season & Super Bowl? Did she forget??

She was obviously persuaded that she owed TRUMP for signing the Music Modernization Act!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

I thought conservatives didn't watch the NFL any more. Or are you telling me these people are actually just a bunch of goldfish-brained idiots who move from outrage to outrage based on what Facebook tells them they should be angry about?

If chuds had to adhere to their boycotts they'd be eating roadkill they find on the side of the road while living in hastily-erected wooden pallet homes covered wall-to-wall with MyPillow products.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

funeral home DJ posted:

If chuds had to adhere to their boycotts they'd be eating roadkill they find on the side of the road while living in hastily-erected wooden pallet homes covered wall-to-wall with MyPillow products.
Well…

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Dementropy posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/12/trump-attends-florida-hearing-in-special-counsel-classified-documents-case.html
Cannon, who was appointed to the federal bench by Trump, is scheduled to hear from defense attorneys alone from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET, without the presence of prosecutors from the office of Department of Justice special counsel Jack Smith.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but doesn't it seem like a huge conflict of interest that it's allowed for someone you directly, or indirectly, appointed to your job to be making decisions about a legal case you're involved in? Isn't there some sort of preventative measure to force a recusal based on even potential bias? I suppose the alternative would be an appointed judge from a different party, or an opponent even, so I guess it really comes down to how honest and law abiding they rule.

Just a wild situation that a chudge you chose for their job could just be like "ehh, I don't see the legal situation that the prosecution is demonstrating, so... case dismissed. Wink wink. See you on the greens this weekend."

ianskate fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 12, 2024

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

wuffles posted:

bit of a difference there. but still why would anyone assume anything named after james taylor isn't super liberal anyway? dude is a ride or die biden guy.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/555877-rubio-taylor/

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

as a raccoon, i very much like the outfit made of trash bags that travis kelce wore and because of that im glad the chiefs won

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I can't describe the disgust I feel from this face. It's as if someone shoved a Guy Fawkes mask into a turkey cooker.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

ianskate posted:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but doesn't it seem like a huge conflict of interest that it's even allowed to have someone who you directly, or indirectly, appointed to your job to be making decisions about a legal case you're involved in? Isn't there some sort of preventative measure to force a recusal based on even potential bias? I suppose the alternative would be an appointed judge from a different party, or an opponent even, so I guess it really comes down to how honest and law abiding they rule.

Just a wild situation that a chudge you chose for their job could just be like "ehh, I don't see the legal situation that the protection is demonstrating so, case dismissed. Wink wink. See you on the greens this weekend."

My understanding is the judges themselves get to decide if there's a conflict of interest and it's obviously not in her interests to point out the conflict of interest

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ianskate posted:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but doesn't it seem like a huge conflict of interest that it's even allowed to have someone who you directly, or indirectly, appointed to your job to be making decisions about a legal case you're involved in? Isn't there some sort of preventative measure to force a recusal based on even potential bias? I suppose the alternative would be an appointed judge from a different party, or an opponent even, so I guess it really comes down to how honest and law abiding they rule.

Just a wild situation that a chudge you chose for their job could just be like "ehh, I don't see the legal situation that the protection is demonstrating so, case dismissed. Wink wink. See you on the greens this weekend."

Smith didn't get to choose the judge, it was a lottery I think from the available judges in that district. But alas, like so many things, bad luck to get Cannon.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Eggs at the market by my house are back up to over $5 a dozen God dammit Joe Biden I thought the economy was getting better

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

wuffles posted:

Woah, we have something in common. Hail Satan I guess!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nooner posted:

Eggs at the market by my house are back up to over $5 a dozen God dammit Joe Biden I thought the economy was getting better

Who the hell is "Joe Biden" I thought it was some rear end in a top hat named Brandon and we were on his side??

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Yeah, she's actually the daughter of Jonathan Swift, writer of Gulliver's Travels and A Modest Propsal.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

My understanding is the judges themselves get to decide if there's a conflict of interest and it's obviously not in her interests to point out the conflict of interest

redshirt posted:

Smith didn't get to choose the judge, it was a lottery I think from the available judges in that district. But alas, like so many things, bad luck to get Cannon.

drat, that's really silly. Like if society can see there's a potential problem with this, how could they not consider passing it to the next in line.

Instead of a chudge formerly employed at Rigged & Stollen, attorney's at law.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

wuffles posted:

Well of course she was. He's a lot older, clearly he was named before her.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

I really had no idea before all this lunacy, but Taylor Swift seems pretty drat cool.

Nothing says cool like slowly sipping the last 1/3 of a beer

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ianskate posted:

drat, that's really silly. Like if society can see there's a potential problem with this, how could they not consider passing it to the next in line.

Instead of a chudge formerly employed at Rigged & Stollen, attorney's at law.
It’s helping the rightful party and its anointed king. The constitution guarantees a Republican form of government and this is very Republican!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
A lot of classified poo poo are things people just marked as such out of an abundance of caution because they didn’t know what else to do with them at the time. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the majority of stuff Trump and Biden had in their possession (and HILLARY’S EMAILS) was in fact useless garbage.

It’s still sort of funny to think that even the bigger oopsie daisies would have been a complete non-issue for Trump if he just handed them over without any drama. Then again, with chudge Cannon on the case, something as egregious as selling state secrets to the highest bidder might still be a non-issue for Trump when all is said and done.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

wuffles posted:

James Taylor, his daughter Taylor Swift, and her son the musician Swift James

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

big mean giraffe posted:

Nothing says cool like slowly sipping the last 1/3 of a beer

Nothing says cool like gatekeeping drinking a beer correctly

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nooner posted:

Republican chickens

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Taylor in trouble with her handler this morning because she was too drunk to remember to endorse Joe Biden.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

:ohdear: Biden is doomed :ohdear:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
yeah but have you thought about the (snow)storm hitting NY on Tues?

Soro weather machine is depressing the vote

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nothing says cool like gatekeeping drinking a beer correctly

There is in fact a correct way to CHUG a beer, try to keep up

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

I can't describe the disgust I feel from this face. It's as if someone shoved a Guy Fawkes mask into a turkey cooker.

It feels like too much ugly in one place. Like commit to a single thing dude, either have hideous buck teeth, or an ugly mustache, or a terrible hair cut individually, but all three all at once is just unsettling.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I am cautious though because Santos won by 7.5%

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This Soros dude must either be Santa or Superman because he can be everywhere at once.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

big mean giraffe posted:

There is in fact a correct way to CHUG a beer, try to keep up

I tried but I'm too much of a fuckin dweeb

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Also, this went over really great in my group chat, so you can have it too.

Who is the person making the sign of the devil and wearing a upside down cross.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Have we investigated if the beer which noted Satanist Taylor Swift so gracelessly chugged was Bud Lite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Every election, sporting event, or anything else that doesn't go the chuds way is rigged and stollen

loving babies