Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

please keep those in and report back with your results. Haven't seen a leyline in the wild since the set released yet, constructed or draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Im not sure how good mkm limited is, but it is fun. I felt the same about lci too. Very fun, synergistic interactions all over the place.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Lone Goat posted:

I ended up here, wish your curve was lower because I don't love having this many 5 drops. Maybe the red Case over Push//Pull? I'm playing the dual land just for Surveil but since you're so 5 heavy you might just want a basic instead, though Escape Tunnel stays in for sure and Public Thoroughfare is dogshit unless you're minimum 3+ colours (and even then, ehhh).
https://sealeddeck.tech/36kHg2rhbp

Thanks folks, finally played this out just now and went 7-2. Definitely a bit surprised it got there but I won't complain. Felt like I dodged any real bombs from my opponents. Went for wei's version with the surveil land added, per Lone Goat

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Finally pulled the trigger on the Timeless Titan Field deck and feeling like I'm losing all of my games in the keep or mull phase of the game. What am I looking for in a passable opener with this deck? Turn 1 ramp plus either a Titan or way to look for one (Empath, NO etc.)?

mulling in timeless feels fuckin terrible, believe in the heart of the cards

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Don’t listen to that, Titan Field needs to be aggressively mulled.

You will also get Triple Thoughtseized constantly so lol lmao at whatever you’re mulling to.

I feel like the meta has shifted against it a bit but I haven’t played much Timeless ranked in February so maybe I’m wrong. So much blood moon and Ashiok and Thoughtseize.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

yes definitely mull to your perfect hand so you get thoughtsiezed 12 times and lose or opp turn 1 dark ritual ashioks and you lose awesome idea

that deck is stuffed to the rear end with lands and wincons just be confident and topdeck straight gas and moonwalk into mythic

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

please keep those in and report back with your results. Haven't seen a leyline in the wild since the set released yet, constructed or draft.

Answer is 3-3, Leyline itself actually felt pretty nice, actually somehow managed to do the leyline-pact three times, but the rest of the deck... just did not seem to work well together unless I drew Izoni specifically. Massacre girl especially was a really surprising failure.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

space uncle posted:

Don’t listen to that, Titan Field needs to be aggressively mulled.

You will also get Triple Thoughtseized constantly so lol lmao at whatever you’re mulling to.

I feel like the meta has shifted against it a bit but I haven’t played much Timeless ranked in February so maybe I’m wrong. So much blood moon and Ashiok and Thoughtseize.

I went a quick 0-3 immediately upon crafting it, which felt awful but maybe that's part of the learning process.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

that deck is stuffed to the rear end with lands and wincons just be confident and topdeck straight gas and moonwalk into mythic

Inshallah. I want to like this game but it constantly tells me how much it hates me.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Haven't tried titan field with the new cards yet but from facing up against it it sure seems strong. Having an any-land ramp (i.e. +2 mana, since you can pick out Garenbrig with it) that is also a way to get another titan just gives you a ton of redundancy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
somehow another trophy. (yeah Kaya helped, but I only drew her twice.)

Outrageous Robbery was P1P1, and I thought I'd have to build a control deck around it but it was great in what turned out to be a fairly aggro deck.

I was debating whether to play Warleader's Call (+1/+1 anthem, plus 1 to face on creature etb), but i only had the one Escape Tunnel and Gravestone Striders for fixing. It's a very strong card but one you want to play as early as possible. it loses a lot of value if you can only play it late.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

personally, i'm enjoying the extra rares. it gives me an opportunity to play with cards i'd usually never get to experience because i just don't play enough limited. plus it rewards staying open for longer.

whether the power boosts make for better or worse games, i'm not sure.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

Despite my grumbling about the format, this deck actually went 6-3 and it should have trophied, read the final paragraph to learn from my mistake.

So, turns out, this deck was busted. I did change it a bit:

Almost every card pulled its weight, generally very happy with the overall quality. I think I made ultimately the right choices. Bringing Tipster back in was definitely a good call, it's just very good overall if only to eat removal before you play something you actually care about.

Agree that Tipster is great and that angel mythic is absolutely gross in limited, just a complete wincon on its own. I don't really like when they print cards like that where the game so far is completely invalidated. (Although it feels good to randomly shock a morph when they're tapped out and hit it!)

Had a deck earlier with two Hide In Plain Sight and they did a lot of work, on curve it's a big swing, +1 card and +2 mana.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
this poo poo fuckin sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7id0Af0iE

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 11, 2024

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Is Pink Panther going to be Secret Lair or something? I guess he is a detective

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I went a quick 0-3 immediately upon crafting it, which felt awful but maybe that's part of the learning process.

I went 1-7 immediately after crafting Jund 'Midrange' for Timeless and realized after those games how toothless my decklist was in the mid- to late-game.

As it turns out, Lurrus + Tarmogoyf and only 4 Thoughtseize for disruption aren't anywhere near enough to contest a lot of decks in Timeless Ranked so I pivoted into adding more disruption + Minsc & Boo + Jegantha and that improved my later turns considerably.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I do not like the Magic card "Temporary Lockdown"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

wonder just how unlikely this is

(cheon's sealed pool)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would go with a UB Lazav deck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Eeevil posted:

I do not like the Magic card "Temporary Lockdown"

You get em all back after the game, what's the problem?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Did an MKM Trad because I'm already in Plat again

This was a pretty set path from the first pick on, because nobody wanted to be in Green and also not Simic. There were some interesting decisions wrt picking one option over another, but overall smooth sailing.

edit: discord image isn't showing up? imgur thus:

I don't have that many good ways to get stuff in the GY (and I don't want to play Cease/Desist, I think) so maybe teh two Hedge Whisperers are wrong. However, having one is really drat good both early and late, so I don't mind keeping them in. They are competing with the Vitu-Ghazi Inspectors, but again those are great even without collecting. I could see a case for cutting one of the Whisperers for...dunno, C/D after all, or the 4/2?

I played the first game already, and did win it, so the deck is 1-0. They had an excellent Golgari deck, usually an answer for Vannifar (I got her in all three games - what a beating of a card), and a lot of other answers too (I lost the second match because they had like four removal spells). They could beat down with the 3/2 for 2, Sample Collector, their own 4/2 Hexproof on their turn (mattered when they could safely target it for the bite spell!) and Loxodon Eavesdropper. Being B also gave them Outrageous Robbery, which they played in game 1, giving them both my Cold Case Crackers (oof). I won that one by holding the line with the excellent, excellent Reach blockers and some lifegain there and on my removal - basically following the deck's plan exactly, stall stall stall and then play Hothouse or Doppelgang. It was the latter this time, copying my stolen (with Jetsam, another oof) 4/4 Manowar and an enchantment removal, bouncing my own creature back to my hand, and removing/bouncing three of their things. Amazing swing and a great end to a great grindy game.

Second match as mentioned, they had tons of removal, I couldn't stabilize against their aggression; and final game, they couldn't handle Vannifar and turn out she's very, very good indeed. Also I had an insurance Repulsive Mutation the entire time, what a great card, I love it a lot! High hopes for this deck.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I just drafted the shittiest Boros aggro deck ever. 1-3

Was offered I think six total Kylox Visionary Inventor cards, which does not seem very good at 7 mana but maybe that was the play instead of whatever the gently caress I was trying to do.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Man, really rough day in MKM draft today, 3-12 after being around 50% winrate up to now. Just got beaten down without mercy. I went back through the replays and in most games there is just one small mistake in not attacking in the right moment or making a bad block or something and then it all snowballs out of control. The decks I was up against didn't even look that great they just curved out well and it somehow feels I didn't.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
We need meathook legal in standard now more than ever

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

drainpipe posted:

Finally got a chance to do a premier draft.

Draft: https://www.17lands.com/draft/91521332710642a8b1d9831a5639cbb7

Like LCI, starting off with a pretty straightforward UR beats. Didn't get much of the sacrifice artifact payoff. I think the I've trimmed most of the junk, but am up for suggestions if people have any.

Do the lands make sense? Thought about adding singleton plains and swamp, but I don't think that makes sense given the overall aggressive nature of the deck.

This went 2-3. Out aggroed in the first two games. Not even close. My last loss was to an Assassin's Trophy on my flipped Offender at Large targeting itself for exact lethal. They only had a swamp and forest untapped so that Assassin's Trophy was pretty much their only out. Despite that, in retrospect, I think I should've suspected something given that they didn't block the disguised creature when I had five mana up. I should have distributed the Offender at Large's +2/+0 onto my other attacking Person of Interest and gotten a Rot Farm Mortipede off the table rather than putting all my eggs in one basket.

Well, this is the only draft I'm gonna do of MKM. The games were alright, but my late 2016 Macbook Pro is no longer sufficient for playing Arena. Each game was a slog in terms of clicking and dragging. I'm planning to get the new Macbook Air when it comes out, so I'll probably hop back on for Thunder Junction.

edit: gently caress, upon even further reflection, what I should not have done is played Offender at Large as a disguise when I had a Cold Case Cracker.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 11, 2024

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Had a pretty bad start to the limited format, then turned it around and won a lot this weekend.

This was definitely the funnest trophy I had:

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

We need meathook legal in standard now more than ever

Just play Night Clubber

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Rinkles posted:

wonder just how unlikely this is

(cheon's sealed pool)

God i'd love to see the opponents face when they've removed two and the third one hits the table

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

God i'd love to see the opponents face when they've removed two and the third one hits the table
The other two were merely disguised as Lazav

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Weird scenario I ran into in limited just now; I had multiple creatures die under Illicit Masquerade, one of which was a disguised Defenestrated Phantom. I had another Defenestrated Phantom already in my graveyard. The first trigger was from the Phantom that died on field, which I used to target the Phantom in my yard. The second trigger saw both of the phantoms, and I wasn't sure how to tell which one I had already targeted from the selection screen. Is the most recent one go into the graveyard on the right? That's what I guessed and it seemed to work out, but the cards were arranged in mana value order.

e: Also thank you to my fellow bronze/silver drafters and the shuffler for letting me draft all 15 rares I saw and still go 6-3

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 12, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

Had a pretty bad start to the limited format, then turned it around and won a lot this weekend.

This was definitely the funnest trophy I had:

Building around collect evidence has felt like a trap to me because it’s hard to sustain a full graveyard, and the payoffs aren’t usually that great. What do you think was key to your deck working out?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Does feel like Standard is missing a super graveyard filler card like Mesmeric Orb. A lot of the repeatable grave fillers cost 3-4 and don't quite hit the maximum velocity you need to really support a mechanic like Evidence, or Slime Against Humanity. You can get there with some black/green Surveil cards, but they eat up a bunch of slots that you hate drawing after the beginning of the game.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Rubblebelt Maverick seems like he fills a lot of holes. Comes down early, surveils then adds himself to the yard when chumping to preserve your life total, then comes back out of the yard cheaply with his ability which then lets your guys size up better in the midgame while triggering any "leaves the yard" triggers *cough*Insidious Roots*cough*

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Building around collect evidence has felt like a trap to me because it’s hard to sustain a full graveyard, and the payoffs aren’t usually that great. What do you think was key to your deck working out?

Multiple Analysts and Mavericks. Especially since roots need creatures. The deck could easily have gotten poo poo opening hands and gone 2-3 or something as well. I had to cut a couple better spells because I really needed them to be creatures for Roots. But I actually found myself waiting for collect evidence card just as often ad i waited for something to hit the yard.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

dammit lost a game because i wanted to get too clever with dopplgang thinking it would let me gather evidence from an etb, but the effect actually required casting. I may have won anyway but i got so obsessed with that mistake i kept making more.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lol the increased rare rate makes this set so silly sometimes. i've had a wrath in close to half my decks, and i've had multiple games with wraths coming from both players.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Is this a deck? Any cuts? Either of the splash colours not worth splashing (R for Yarus, B for Assassin's Trophy, 2x Izoni)? Fixing is decent but not incredible. (Also assuming Hull Clade isn't worth playing, as it would mostly just be a 15 toughness wall which is... not nothing but I'm not gonna be swinging with it)

https://www.17lands.com/deck/c40ebc880f09439d86eb840105748df3

Not playing it til tomorrow.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

thespaceinvader posted:

Is this a deck? Any cuts? Either of the splash colours not worth splashing (R for Yarus, B for Assassin's Trophy, 2x Izoni)? Fixing is decent but not incredible. (Also assuming Hull Clade isn't worth playing, as it would mostly just be a 15 toughness wall which is... not nothing but I'm not gonna be swinging with it)

You don't need the red here, your Abzan is good enough. Cut Yarus and Monologue Tax and Shady Informant, add Slice from the Shadows and go up to 18 lands.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

This looks good to me, although personally I wouldn't play the hushbringer effect with two(!) Izonis.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

distortion park posted:

This looks good to me, although personally I wouldn't play the hushbringer effect with two(!) Izonis.

Yeah I'm a little dubious about that but also, it's gonna be an absolute removal magnet and I can play around it from my side (and Izoni also works on attack)

Boco_T posted:

You don't need the red here, your Abzan is good enough. Cut Yarus and Monologue Tax and Shady Informant, add Slice from the Shadows and go up to 18 lands.

This was my thought, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Went 7-2 again with Mardu MKM. This time it was mine to lose though since I managed to draft Rakdos, Kaya, and Leave no Witnesses. Most of the games was waiting for either bombs and there were a few scoops when I got out both at the same game.

Playing this more and more I thin the most important thing is to have 2+/3+ creatures. Being able to deal with morphs is essential especially as a lot of times the opponent won't have mana to transform them until late game and you can just hold them off or go in. I don't know if it's me but there seem to be a lot more combat tricks drafted this time too.