Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

What kind of person wears jorts

You realize what site you're posting on right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Oh gently caress.

*starts building bunker to hide from the amassing, incoming wave of Von Dutch trucker hats*

the affliction tees and stitched/bedazzled jeans lmao. soon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Don't make me post the Kevin Smith jorts photo...

Oh I know it well

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silly Burrito posted:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Had to try that green chili Colorado folks keep yammering about. Little Bird has a good vegan version (didn't realize it until after the fact) and a nice pumpkin ale to wash it down. 10/10 I get the hype.

Yes it's 10am but it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Silly Burrito posted:

Floridians.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Android Apocalypse posted:

Had to try that green chili Colorado folks keep yammering about. Little Bird has a good vegan version (didn't realize it until after the fact) and a nice pumpkin ale to wash it down. 10/10 I get the hype.

Green chili is good OP

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Jorts now just makes me think of the cat, Jorts, not the clothing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1757086817294209232

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Jorts now just makes me think of the cat, Jorts, not the clothing.

I remember when I first discovered this stuff it was in text and I was honestly confused for a second. It mentioned their sibling/other cat Jeans and I really thought it was an argument about Jeans vs Jorts the clothes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Most labor friendly president of our lifetimes

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

lol, you tell 'em Joe. i'm sure the people laying off thousands of employees to 'grow' quarterly profits will listen.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Floridians.

This feels like a North/Central Florida thing, cause I feel like I never see them in South Florida, outside the aforementioned children and women trying to be attractive groups.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Android Apocalypse posted:

The country would probably be better off if everyone went back to having a drink at lunch time.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He's no Al Harrington

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Everything is so baggy. I am concerned that we will lose thousands, maybe million, of American youths to the endless fabric of their outfits.

At least if there's an active shooter it makes it tougher for them to target your vitals.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Onlu Trust Your Fists
PoliceCorporations Will Never Help You

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

The country would probably be better off if everyone went back to having a drink at lunch time.

that's what the brits do and they are definitely not better off

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
First time dealing with an insurance claim denial as a patient. These guys aren't ready for this smoke. And it was for a loving primary care visit to establish a PCP and get yearly check-up/labs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

swickles posted:

First time dealing with an insurance claim denial as a patient. These guys aren't ready for this smoke. And it was for a loving primary care visit to establish a PCP and get yearly check-up/labs.

Good luck. My insurance (Aetna) basically denies everything and we have to appeal it to get paid out. Somehow there is ALWAYS "a problem with the referral". No matter what it's for or with what provider. Very cool and good system :911:

We have the option to switch to a PPO and not deal with referral/PCP nonsense but the premiums are a LOT higher so we've been reluctant. Getting closer and closer to doing it, though, because no longer spending multiple hours a month on the phone has real value.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 12, 2024

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I had to pay around $400 last fall for my annual exam because my PCP’s office got bought by Optum, and there was a brief window in which it wasn’t “In Network” as a result, so BCBS rejected the claim. gently caress this system.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’ll say this for Kaiser, anything specialty tends to be a headache and a half but I’ve never once had an issue with billing or claims, and anything emergency or similarly obvious has always been handled fairly quickly; benefit of everything being in-house, they don’t have far to go to send things around. This does not apply to their behavioral health services, which are fine and dandy so long as you want to see someone via telehealth, in person therapy sessions were like pulling goddamn teeth.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You could do saw poo poo to any executive / doctor who works for a health insurer and I'd offer to help.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Holy poo poo the new version of Outlook is terrible.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

General Dog posted:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

stupid computer thinks it knows what i want

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

I love how if you want to group by conversation you now have to go into the options menu.

Like thanks for the extra step for absolutely no reason.

And I still haven't figured out how to turn off HTML in a draft email which is sometimes super important.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kiimo posted:

I love how if you want to group by conversation you now have to go into the options menu.

Like thanks for the extra step for absolutely no reason.

And I still haven't figured out how to turn off HTML in a draft email which is sometimes super important.

The stunning one for me was that you can’t drag an attachment from an open email onto your desktop or into a folder anymore. That extremely basic, ancient functionality was deemed unnecessary by some dimwit. It also appears that you can’t open an attachment from an email directly into its corresponding desktop app, it only comes up in a preview window within Outlook and you have to download it before doing anything else with it.

Essentially it seems like they’ve removed any functionality from the desktop app that wasn’t already in the web app. Mind-boggling.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've never tried it but using Focused Inbox sure seems like a fantastic way to miss emails

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

I've never tried it but using Focused Inbox sure seems like a fantastic way to miss emails

Yeah I keep.missing poo poo at work thats only tangentially my responsibility.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m hard locked into using Outlook and Teams because that’s the only thing my employer will allow, AMA. Also we’re not allowed to use Google Meet at all, which makes it super cool when every other local agency has that for their default meeting app, I get to be the weirdo who calls in by phone line and can’t see the presentation.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Essentially it seems like they’ve removed any functionality from the desktop app that wasn’t already in the web app. Mind-boggling.

Some manager got a bonus for "web/desktop feature parity"

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Anyone here use FUBO tv and have an opinion on it? I'm ditching cable and going Starlink, looking for iptv that has DVR capabilities that doesn't suck, and this so far seems like the leader.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Paul Rudd has started to age, is this a sign of the Apocalypse or something?

https://twitter.com/RufusTSuperfly/status/1757038932695363981?t=ZmJJexXftv8nTDVmQkqMyg&s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We haven’t switched to new outlook yet but my teams asks me if I want to switch to New Teams every time I open it.

I was curious to see what it was like so said yes and immediately got a warning that my IT department hadn’t approved new teams so I have to stay with the old one lol

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

The stunning one for me was that you can’t drag an attachment from an open email onto your desktop or into a folder anymore. That extremely basic, ancient functionality was deemed unnecessary by some dimwit. It also appears that you can’t open an attachment from an email directly into its corresponding desktop app, it only comes up in a preview window within Outlook and you have to download it before doing anything else with it.

Wonder if they've stopped building a native windows app and are using a webview or have moved to web driven api's vs system api's. Likely a cost saving measure to remove redundancy ro costs. You should shed a capitalist tear for their efficiency and cost savings for the shareholders.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Canned Sunshine posted:

I had to pay around $400 last fall for my annual exam because my PCP’s office got bought by Optum, and there was a brief window in which it wasn’t “In Network” as a result, so BCBS rejected the claim. gently caress this system.

I once got a physical on my birthday and the doctors office entered the date of visit as my bday, essentially saying I was a zero day old baby. No big deal

Months later, blue cross demanded payment because I had "tried to sneak another person onto my plan." I explained what happened, they demanded I go back to the doctor and do some faxes and I told them to shove off because they could simply use my correct birthday info from literally every other visit.

Months after that I got collections calls. I started yelling that I would immediately accept service of a lawsuit and file some counterclaims so they couldn't dismiss and I looked forward to them explaining to a judge how they decided it was realistic that a baby was 20 times the normal weight and however much taller,let alone cholesterol tests and whatnot. They stopped calling after that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

the affliction tees and stitched/bedazzled jeans lmao. soon.

I recently watched the David Beckham documentary series on Netflix, and holy poo poo the late-90s through 2000s fashions I had locked away in my memory. Wowzers.

Neil Armbong posted:

Wonder if they've stopped building a native windows app and are using a webview or have moved to web driven api's vs system api's. Likely a cost saving measure to remove redundancy ro costs. You should shed a capitalist tear for their efficiency and cost savings for the shareholders.

yeah I'm guessing it's similar to Mac being able to basically run iOS apps natively on the new computers, it's probably building off of the mobile version.

thank god my company still has us on Win10 laptops and older versions of the desktop applications. My additional gripe is trying to default move everything to Sharepoint or some kind of cloud storage, where my brain much more wants to either save files locally or drop it into a shared server folder instead of Some Mythical Cloud.

Kalli posted:

Jesus would get really depressed about the infighting between the various splinter caucuses, get cancelled, stop attending meetings, and get really into Yakuza Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

...have you played the game yet because lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Focused Inbox actually rules and it’s never caused me to miss an important email. Occasionally Outlook fucks up on launch and doesn’t turn it on, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

The only thing that shows up in my other inbox is junk mail. It sure is annoying why I have unread emails though when my inbox doesn’t show any.

In other news, I did my “interview” for global entry today and I’m just mad I bothered with precheck at all. GE has been so easy I should’ve just gotten this from the get go. Although I don’t use my passport that much, it’s still nice to have.