Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hes hierophant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
His social link with FMC is the Moon I think

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah but he's on the same ballpark like Akihiko who is Emperor but his SLink is Star.

I'm guessing that because they changed Chariot they couldn't have Mamoru as Star and didn't want to design a new character, so since they were also making all of SEES SLinks they decided to slot Akihiko on Star instead of him replacing Student Council.

Shinjiro is probably partly because Hierophant was generally more liked than Moon and partly cause having Hierophant so late in the game would have meant restructuring all Personas of that arcana.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also Shinjiro is pretty volatile even if it doesn't mechanically affect anything; he keeps being puzzled that you want to spend time with him and tells you you have better things to do than hang out with a dude who is dying of Strega disease. If you do the bonus romance event he tells you "go away I'm dangerous" like three times before you can spend fade-to-black time with him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't think it's so much Shinjiro is 'dying of Strega disease'. It's partly a front, because he knows he's dangerous (since he lost control before), partly because FeMC is very sunny and positive while he's a guy that just kinda broods and he thinks she should be hanging out with other people like her. Though the SL also pretty much has him reveal his caring side anyway.

But also it's partly because Shinjiro knows he's on a timer in that he knows Ken will want his revenge, and he thought he had accepted that he would die for it. But the increasing romance with FeMC confuses him. He's a guy that's prepared to die and FeMC gave him a reason to want to live.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

it can be pretty funny to look through personas and see what little phrase is over them

Stux posted:

idk she just keeps buffing me. i basically only get the sp one when i dont even need/want it at like half sp after ive used some items and have nearly finished a block lol

i've tried a variety of ways like full health etc but it's party heat riser most of the time, honestly my sp problems have stopped since i mostly do physical in fights, and yukaris extra abilities can get heals down to 25% cost so yeah 5 sp diarahan. Shuffles arent as common but fights end so easily and quickly that i can brute force it eventually. im getting towards the end now and i've never used a clock, typically i just trade out party members. Twilight shards are common enough that i generally have plenty to open chests, plus that's how you get the leveling clocks. i've got enough personas with life aid and poo poo that the MC has endless SP

the items you can make from persona items are extremely strong towards endgame and can have some rather unique properties (ignore resistance, for example) so if a persona has a unique drop item that's not just a soul driblet or something it's worth getting them. i keep a bunch of growth skill cards on hand so i dont have to think about it and can just slap that on one

Sloober fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 12, 2024

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't think it's so much Shinjiro is 'dying of Strega disease'. It's partly a front, because he knows he's dangerous (since he lost control before), partly because FeMC is very sunny and positive while he's a guy that just kinda broods and he thinks she should be hanging out with other people like her. Though the SL also pretty much has him reveal his caring side anyway.

But also it's partly because Shinjiro knows he's on a timer in that he knows Ken will want his revenge, and he thought he had accepted that he would die for it. But the increasing romance with FeMC confuses him. He's a guy that's prepared to die and FeMC gave him a reason to want to live.

:same:

I liked Shinji's SL even though I ran out of time :v:

If you combine his SL and his unique return scene it becomes an even more tragic romance ending.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

wow. its cool p3p rewrote him into a much worse character. thank god it isnt real lmfao

Sloober posted:

it can be pretty funny to look through personas and see what little phrase is over them

i've tried a variety of ways like full health etc but it's party heat riser most of the time, honestly my sp problems have stopped since i mostly do physical in fights, and yukaris extra abilities can get heals down to 25% cost so yeah 5 sp diarahan. Shuffles arent as common but fights end so easily and quickly that i can brute force it eventually. im getting towards the end now and i've never used a clock, typically i just trade out party members. Twilight shards are common enough that i generally have plenty to open chests, plus that's how you get the leveling clocks. i've got enough personas with life aid and poo poo that the MC has endless SP

the items you can make from persona items are extremely strong towards endgame and can have some rather unique properties (ignore resistance, for example) so if a persona has a unique drop item that's not just a soul driblet or something it's worth getting them. i keep a bunch of growth skill cards on hand so i dont have to think about it and can just slap that on one

i just chug sp items repeatedly. mc has an invigorate charm and the skill on a couple of personas, yukari doesnt use tons like u say cos of the reduction, and aigis only ever does in boss fights for buffs. koromaru burns thru it tho, only having multiattack agi and constantly being first turn has him eating tons of my items lol. only used the clock once and it felt a bit op so i havnt touched it since, basically been ending most blocks w nothing left up until now where i can dump nights into tending the plants for more sp veggies. i refuse to trade out party members and i will randomly die to mazio shadows and like it.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Listening to this soundtrack for the first time I wish they'd just used the old voice recordings if they couldn't get the singer to return. Funny how pronouncing the words too clearly ruins Mass Destruction, Want to Be Close and Master of Shadow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the new/remixed music tracks in Reload own

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

All the new/remixed music tracks in Reload own

its this ☝️

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars is still distractingly off, personally

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the new vocalist is a better singer. i dont care if the word baby sounds slightly worse. the mixes and instrumentation are god like and destroy the old ones. nostalgia is poison.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm coming around on the new Mass Destruction even though you barely hear it. The second half of the song is really good but you just never hear it usually lol.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The instrumentation is honestly half the problem most of the time

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alder posted:

:same:

I liked Shinji's SL even though I ran out of time :v:

If you combine his SL and his unique return scene it becomes an even more tragic romance ending.

Now that we know the Answer is coming back makes a lot more sense why FeMC isn't part of this game. The possibility of Shinjiro surviving would just throw a big extra variable in that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Now that we know the Answer is coming back makes a lot more sense why FeMC isn't part of this game. The possibility of Shinjiro surviving would just throw a big extra variable in that.

They could just do it and not have her in The Answer, it would be fine

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

They could just do it and not have her in The Answer, it would be fine

Probably gotta take into account that there are people whose first experience with P3 would be via Reload. For them to invest an entire playthrough with FeMC and have that pretty much wiped in The Answer with a set male MC would throw them off.

Would have liked FeMC as an option but if they were going to do it this way might as well pick the option that allows the least number of confused people.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think her absence has to do with the Answer as much as they do not want to pay to redo all the animated scenes again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arist posted:

The instrumentation is honestly half the problem most of the time

if you think the instrumentation and arrangement in moon reaching out stars is worse you need to go to an otologist, it sounds amazing lol i keep sitting around to haer the second variation

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

femc isnt in because she isnt real. this release is only canon stuff. you got the ai upscale thing, and its all you deserve

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Canon is for dorks to care about

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yup. and we won. scared?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Stux posted:

femc isnt in because she isnt real. this release is only canon stuff. you got the ai upscale thing, and its all you deserve

i got it and played it a bit but man the static, awful, lovely audio destroyed it so i never finished

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Stux posted:

its this ☝️

The first bad stux take :'(

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

ApplesandOranges posted:

The Answer already has Chidori surviving/not surviving and I'm pretty sure they didn't put in variable text for that. I'd probably assume he's just still in the hospital even if he did survive.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

oracle is extremely busted now because it's purely positive and you can reliably trigger the SP restore effect by just doing it when you have full health and low sp. the sp economy has been cracked in half and the absence of the fatigue system means that the only reason i have to leave tartarus now is because i can no longer maintain the will to keep grinding money

I've never gotten anything but the full party buff. I'm guessing you get the buff if your health and SP are both high?

Did the full-heal clock exist in original P3? You could also keep going indefinitely in P3P via the clock IIRC.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In original P3 you fully heal HP and and SP every time you return to the lobby.

I got the SP Oracle last night and it was a comical amount, I was basically fully restored for every character.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

I've never gotten anything but the full party buff. I'm guessing you get the buff if your health and SP are both high?

Did the full-heal clock exist in original P3? You could also keep going indefinitely in P3P via the clock IIRC.

In original P3 you were automatically fully healed when you went back to the lobby of Tartarus. Early on (or when using new characters) your characters would start to get the Tired status after a while and that was your cue to pack it up for the night.
Having to pay for healing in the dungeon entrance wasn't a thing until P4 (not counting the PS1 games).

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stux posted:

She's in Q2, which is canon.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Not to say that I'm personally clamoring for her (rip for those who are), just respecting Canon.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Saagonsa posted:

She's in Q2, which is canon.

it isnt

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Q2 has her explicitly be from an alt timeline and not the 'real' one. So that's like being ultra noncanon frankly.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stux posted:

it isnt

It is, in fact. Atlus was very specific saying the Q games were!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If they weren't canon there would be no need to wipe the memories of the casts in Q-1

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
not only is Kotone canon, it is in fact Makoto who is not

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why would it matter if something is canon in the first place. Canon is fake. It's all fake.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The real reason to be annoyed FeMC isn't here is that it means we don't get a Reload version of Way of Life.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Arist posted:

Why would it matter if something is canon in the first place. Canon is fake. It's all fake.

does canon matter if you dont play any of the like 20 offshoots tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Something being canon matters to people as part of a franchise because it means something they like or are invested in will be recognized in the future. Like this isn't even a huge question in this case, Persona games get multiple spinoffs and something being overtly canon means characters they like may show up or get referenced again.