Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Like lol. At what point did the higher ups decide this was now the way to go? It was over with wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Saying basic factual things about Israel is completely beyond the Pale for mainstream British politics now. Lol?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Saying basic factual things about Israel is completely beyond the Pale for mainstream British politics now. Lol?

Beyond the pale? Oh dear

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Beyond the pale? Oh dear

Without going down that rabbit hole, the etymology always ends up as "disputed"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Beyond the Palestine

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

This guy went past that to 'the IDF deliberately let 7/10 happen', though, which is... not entirely implausible, but quite a long way beyond the nice, generic 'genocide bad, peace good' stuff that the Labour Left have kept getting instacanned over.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

Without going down that rabbit hole, the etymology always ends up as "disputed"

Appropriately enough for poster CrispyX it’s to do with Normans in Ireland

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

He's from NI, I actually live in the Pale (AKA Dublin). But there isn't enough evidence to say which Pale is actually being referred to.

https://www.wordorigins.org/big-list-entries/pale-beyond-the

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I thought it was in Russia or something?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E: ^^^° you could read the link, it's not very long

Darth Walrus posted:

This guy went past that to 'the IDF deliberately let 7/10 happen', though, which is... not entirely implausible, but quite a long way beyond the nice, generic 'genocide bad, peace good' stuff that the Labour Left have kept getting instacanned over.

This is basically just what has been reported in Haaretz, Times of Israel, and The New York Times though, without even getting into reporting from other places on how the attacks perfectly served Bibi's interests (electronic Intifada, those kind of outlets).

But yeah obviously, dude must have known he was pulling the ripcord on his party political career or else he's a gigantic loving dumbass

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'll wait for the twitter video.

Yeah I don't think this guy knew what he was doing to himself hence the prostrating himself apologizing afterwards. Might as well go all in now though.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

smellmycheese posted:

Another piece of the NORMAN saga

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Tesseraction posted:

The worst an "over the top" trigger warning is gonna make me do is glaze over while it shows/is read out. But that's fine, this warning wasn't meant for me, and it's not going to change the way I consume whatever media it is.

The way some chain food places do allergy/ingredient information would work as a useful kind of analogy for how entertainment warnings could work - where you have the allergy information front and centre and then you can get the ingredient/detailed nutritional information on a website or leaflet as supporting info if there are very specific things you want to avoid or take into consideration.

Continue/expand the kind of 'big ticket' warnings for sexual assault, graphic violence etc on listings, store pages etc but then have easily accessible far more detailed warnings elsewhere for those who have particular concerns that they want to avoid.

Those Christian 'family review' type sites that slate any violent or amoral games and movies do tend to be actually good for this kind of thing. They generally give a breakdown of exactly what kind of unpleasantness happens which can be useful if there are certain kinds of thing you want to avoid.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The way some chain food places do allergy/ingredient information would work as a useful kind of analogy for how entertainment warnings could work - where you have the allergy information front and centre and then you can get the ingredient/detailed nutritional information on a website or leaflet as supporting info if there are very specific things you want to avoid or take into consideration.

Continue/expand the kind of 'big ticket' warnings for sexual assault, graphic violence etc on listings, store pages etc but then have easily accessible far more detailed warnings elsewhere for those who have particular concerns that they want to avoid.

Those Christian 'family review' type sites that slate any violent or amoral games and movies do tend to be actually good for this kind of thing. They generally give a breakdown of exactly what kind of unpleasantness happens which can be useful if there are certain kinds of thing you want to avoid.

Danger - Octopus!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Danger - Octopus!

Would have been a good movie warning for The Handmaiden. Or for Oldboy.

Possibly lots of Miike films I don't want to remember

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

Would have been a good movie warning for The Handmaiden. Or for Oldboy.

Possibly lots of Miike films I don't want to remember

Being horrified by awful things is a huge part of the appeal of Miike films, well, not all of them but deffo the ones like Audition. Very edgy 19 year old films

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah 19 yo, rotten.com-watching and SA goon me would have been like - heh

Now I'm like - :smith:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think i got into somethingawful in the first place cos my mate said rotten.com and I didnt really listen

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

I have to remind myself whether any of the breakfast show smokes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDZ8aHDVzQ

This is a good song in that there are many good versions of it. This one for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKPMxcf8VPk

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i think i got into somethingawful in the first place cos my mate said rotten.com and I didnt really listen

I got here from someone on another BB linking to the 9/11 thread, shortly after 9/11. It's been a wild and tiring ride

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

But there isn't enough evidence to say which Pale is actually being referred to.
In a couple of hundred years time I fully expect there to be some etymologist screaming into his neuralink 'Just because they liked Disco Elysium it doesn't mean that's where it comes from!'

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
This is the question that paleontology strives to answer.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Heard about this place through Eve Online, a good find. :D

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
All I want to know with films is does a dog die. Took me ages to watch John Wick and House of Cards

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Danger - Octopus!

there's no octopus but there is the Ogopogo. You'd think they'd have printed a kraken but nope

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1757130007606948233
https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1757161109348372547
https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1757172674487259576

Hahahahahahahahahaha

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 12, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wow I thought the two videos picked unfavourable thumbnails but farage and the younger oval office really do look as loving haggard in motion

hope they struggle to sleep at night

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It went really well for him lol

https://x.com/miffythegamer/status/1757150110633300104?s=46

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I haven't seen so many old white people sitting together since I was last in a symphony orchestra

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
This Rochdale thing is just so stupid on multiple levels.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DachshundColin/status/1757171914009698637

lmao

e: I changed the original tweet now that there are tweets with summaries and context. It's still :lmao:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Would be hard to be PM and but just say "sorry about your made up illness you got off Facebook"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't want to have to watch puce thumb men say racist things, please summarise the videos if you're going to post them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Someone else will have to transcribe and summarise

No doubt there will be plenty of articles written about tonight, so just be patient

e: Forgot to post content (I'm having neuro probs with wordy stuff)
https://twitter.com/truth_checkers/status/1757160603997659479

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 13, 2024

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Someone else will have to transcribe and summarise

No doubt there will be plenty of articles written about tonight, so just be patient

nobody better ask me to write actual posts alongside my constant twitter dumps!!!!!!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

nobody better ask me to write actual posts alongside my constant twitter dumps!!!!!!

Have you thought about adding content to your dumps?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 13, 2024

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't want to have to watch puce thumb men say racist things, please summarise the videos if you're going to post them.

it's "but what about the people who suffered side effects from the vaccine" accompanied by the demented stare and metronomic swaying of someone who's about to headbutt you for spilling their Special Brew

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 13, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

think we might have found the problem with this lad. although I havent done my due diligence as to anything lol

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Was that guy asking where he puts his expenses claims in literally being paid to be there? Were they all paid to be there?

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They were. It'll be interesting to know what 'reasonable expenses' are considered to be. Can this be found out via FOI?

It would be doubly hilarious if GBNews stiffed the audience