Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
who dies and who is the killer in the forgotten city are both randomised per save file and the timeline nonsense implications aren't revealed until part 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Been unironically thinking for a while that killing Cloud off at the end would be probably the one twist they could do that would be as big as the original.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I bet you Sephiroth is gonna die in this one.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Cloud and Sephiroth will both die and become the Kingdom Hearts versions of themselves

Including a bit where Cloud sees fit to steal Vincent's clothes

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Also I did a run through of Remake again to try and get my feel for the controls back after making Sephiroth look real bad in the Rebirth demo and the major mechanical issue I'd like addressed if for the game to stop doing a phase transition or something almost the instant I fill the stagger bar and come back out with it empty again.

Let me have my drat burn phase, I played fair for it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

Been unironically thinking for a while that killing Cloud off at the end would be probably the one twist they could do that would be as big as the original.

Kitase's said that after living with these characters for close to 30 years now, he wants to see them all have happy endings this time around, so make whatever of that what you will...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Kitase's said that after living with these characters for close to 30 years now, he wants to see them all have happy endings this time around, so make whatever of that what you will...

EVERYONE DIES! NO PART THREE!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It is an amazing genius that the Remake project has effectively made it so all the things that were surprises in the original are different surprises now. The most famous spoiler in Video Games "Aerith Dies" is now using its foreknowledge as a mystery because... well will she?! Was the point of the Whispers to throw us off? Or to set us up? Is Sephiroth still just wanting the same thing, or does he have other agenda and are there different sephiroth's still? And do they have different wants and desires? For all they showed of the game in the latest trailer they held off from answering all the questions that they raised at the end of Remake.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
All the things about the Whispers was absolutely 100% necessary for SE to do what they're trying to do with this remake. Even things like Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie being actual characters is only possible to the degree it is because the defeat of fate makes it possible to believe that they'll live.

That said, most of the actual scenes with the Whispers would have been improved by making them half as long, and it would have been nice if they had some actual capacity to be subtle and, like, whisper, at least at the beginning, instead of being the secret planetary agents of destiny whose primary power is to bump into you really hard.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I maintain you can save a whole lot of people's confusion about the whisper's if you change them to be called Obsidian Weapon.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

kingdom hearts walked so that the final fantasy 7 remakes could run. nomura is a god

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

OneEightHundred posted:

Actually, now you are mentioning it… They kill Sephiroth in Forgotten City, but that was just another of those clone guys. Sephiroth reaches out from the Crater and takes over Cloud. Cloudiroth kills Aerith and flies away.

Part three has Zack taking over Cloud’s role, trying to save his friend again, hopefully without killing him.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

biceps crimes posted:

kingdom hearts walked fell repeatedly on its backside so that the final fantasy 7 remakes could run. nomura is a god

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

kh is good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Utada Hikaru song "Hikari" from Kingdom Hearts is good. Apparently "Passion" is also from Kingdom Hearts? It has a cool music video, like a lot of other Utada Hikaru songs. Top tier pop music.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Booky posted:

kh is good.

Yup. Nomura just don't miss!! (Except on the mobile games probably)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I didn't even play the mobile KH games but I loved the payoff they had in KH3

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gameplay was nothing to speak of, but UX/DR are far and away the darkest (no pun intended) stories in the series. Staggering body count, mostly kids, including the majority of the named cast, it's wild.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Plotwise the KH mobile games are full loving buckwild. Like Nomura decided that delving into the Keyblade War and that lore he was going to write the most psychotic poo poo in a tremendously good way. It's one of the only times the "Story goes back to an old thing only vaguely referred to." Has actively been satisfying.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sorry if this has been asked already, but qbout how long is integrade? Never got around to playing it after how irritating I found getting ff7r from ps4 to ps5 but I want to before this comes out.

Corollary: the remake save never properly transferred, will the carryover bonus work with just having a new save / doesn’t need a clear?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

nine-gear crow posted:

Well there’s no way he’d stay dead of course

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but qbout how long is integrade? Never got around to playing it after how irritating I found getting ff7r from ps4 to ps5 but I want to before this comes out.

Corollary: the remake save never properly transferred, will the carryover bonus work with just having a new save / doesn’t need a clear?

Between 2.5 and 4 hours, depending on how much time you spend on the minigames.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Remove Tifa's section and let people walk around the different exhibit rooms at their choosing instead of forcing you to go through them one by one and Shinra Tower would be fine. After the stairs/elevator it just drags inexplicably for a bit, remove that and it's good.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I would have liked it if the exhibits actually talked about the rise of the company some. No go on, tell me about how a small weapons developer founded from a twerp from FFX had a guy figure out Mako Reactors and become the world super power.
Sounds kinda neat.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Caidin posted:

I would have liked it if the exhibits actually talked about the rise of the company some. No go on, tell me about how a small weapons developer founded from a twerp from FFX had a guy figure out Mako Reactors and become the world super power.
Sounds kinda neat.

That was just a silly reference. They don’t actually take place in the same world!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That was just a silly reference. They don’t actually take place in the same world!

It’s the same universe but not the same planet

EDIT: the Shinra from FFX-2 definitely started out as a joke reference but over the years and through interviews it’s basically been canonized that 7 and X are the same universe. They’re so far apart in both story and time that it doesn’t matter at all though

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It does make a kind of sense in explaining where all these non-Cetra people came from: ancient alien space colonists from Spira filling the void left by the Cetra apocalypse.

Certainly makes Palmer look like more of a gently caress-up if mankind previously had the knowledge of interstellar spaceflight, lost it, and not even Shinra's bottomless resources could get it working again under his watch. Maybe they can't figure out the Spelljammer tech anymore, I dunno.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Every reference of the FFVII/X shared universe thing is done in jest, even by Kitase lmao

It's a fun joke and that's it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asterite34 posted:

It does make a kind of sense in explaining where all these non-Cetra people came from: ancient alien space colonists from Spira filling the void left by the Cetra apocalypse.

Certainly makes Palmer look like more of a gently caress-up if mankind previously had the knowledge of interstellar spaceflight, lost it, and not even Shinra's bottomless resources could get it working again under his watch. Maybe they can't figure out the Spelljammer tech anymore, I dunno.

No I think the implication would be that the settlers WERE the Cetra(or their ancestors at least). Humans are descended from the Cetra. And yeah ancient advanced technology that no one knows how to use anymore is a staple of the series

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Spermando posted:

Between 2.5 and 4 hours, depending on how much time you spend on the minigames.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'd actually say it's closer to 6 hours. I beat it in two three hour sessions: pre-Shinra building is 3 hours and then the Shinra building itself is 3 hours.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Avoiding the demo cause I want to go in cold but did anyone happen to see if there were any accessibility options, specifically for vision? I'm guessing probably not. Also is the mini map still the same color and such?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1757404518160163064?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

The Cloud one though :popeye:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

unattended spaghetti posted:

Avoiding the demo cause I want to go in cold but did anyone happen to see if there were any accessibility options, specifically for vision? I'm guessing probably not. Also is the mini map still the same color and such?

No accessibility options per se. The map is the same colour. The subs are huge for modern standards.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
The one for Zack should be "Me? Goin' gaga over those makongas"

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
It hit me from the demo that Cloud talks about how his conversation with his mom was the first time he'd spoken with her in two years, and the last. First off, obviously, leaving home at 14 to enlist, possibly because since his mom was a single mom he didn't want to be a burden on her, is absolutely bugfuck insane. No wonder the poor guy's so messed up. But second, he was in Nibelheim for over a week and he only had the guts to talk to her once, presumably because he was trying to hide from Tifa and the rest of the town. Oof. No wonder her death really messed him up, he could have been spending a lot more time with her if only he hadn't been so afraid!

Jetrauben fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 13, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jetrauben posted:

It hit me from the demo that Cloud talks about how his conversation with his mom was the first time he'd spoken with her in two years, and the last. First off, obviously, leaving home at 14 to enlist, possibly because since his mom was a single mom he didn't want to be a burden on her, is absolutely bugfuck insane. No wonder the poor guy's so messed up. But second, he was in Nibelheim for over a week and he only had the guts to talk to her once, presumably because he was trying to hide from Tifa and the rest of the town. Oof. No wonder her death really messed him up, he could have been spending a lot more time with her if only he hadn't been so afraid!

To be clear, Cloud spent more time with her than we saw, they flash forward through multiple conversations and such. It still sucks though, especially considering that she was nothing but supportive of him.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

ImpAtom posted:

To be clear, Cloud spent more time with her than we saw, they flash forward through multiple conversations and such. It still sucks though, especially considering that she was nothing but supportive of him.

I figured it was just during that afternoon? But yeah. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Jetrauben posted:

I figured it was just during that afternoon? But yeah. :(

It's slightly more overt in OG7, as you see Cloud in different places around the house, going from laying down on the bed, to sitting on some stairs and then standing next her to in the kitchen area. But I totally get that it seems like he only spoke to her once.