Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Lol there's a Carl's Jr at Bathurst
Kelso one ginormous strip mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carlos Lantana posted:

My condolences.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Any idea where you can buy them?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Carlos Lantana posted:

Kelso one ginormous strip mall

There's one out at Port Melbourne too. Honestly it's not bad the time or two I've been out that way.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Carlos Lantana posted:

It's just a HJ Whopper wrapped in foil. Honestly, what's the diff?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
handjob whopper???

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

don't mind if I do

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I tried carls jr one night after a long day of turning spanners and sinking tins. You'd think that would put a fella in the best possible frame of mind to enjoy a greasy fast food meal but it was entirely forgettable. In short, gently caress you carl.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ili posted:

In short, gently caress you carl.

Hey don't blame carls for his dead beat son

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nah gently caress him, should've done a better job raising the little oval office hey.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Why is American food so brown and sweaty?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carlos Lantana posted:

Why is American food so brown and sweaty?

Isn't yours?

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Hey don't blame carls for his dead beat son

the only burger with a dad

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Just getting ripped and pissing yourself at 'chocolate thunder from down under', over and over again

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Just getting ripped and pissing yourself at 'chocolate thunder from down under', over and over again

:itwaspoo:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carlos Lantana posted:

Why is American food cum so brown and sweaty?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kharnifex posted:

"Chocolate thunder from down under" almost sounds like it could be a real Australianism for explosive diarrhea.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

webmeister posted:

For the love of god do not open the auspol d&d thread

Ftfy hth

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sleep's Hill Tunnel at Panorama to open to the public for Adelaide Fringe

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Haven't seen those things in a million years.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I saw this was on youtube and I am going to enjoy it with a lamington and one of those hosed up little pineapple lollies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5tlyKEoXU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
First movie I have a memory of seeing at the drive in movies! I had some Dog plushies as well, kinda wish I'd hung into those :(

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Hairy Panic

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Blow posted:

Hairy Panic

Looks like Jack Thompson in Cleo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Peccadillo posted:

I saw this was on youtube and I am going to enjoy it with a lamington and one of those hosed up little pineapple lollies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5tlyKEoXU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

thats the joke

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Murray Ball, (the creator and artist behind Footrot Flats) is a oval office.

He subsequently wrote a book of comics called "The Sisterhood", where he lays all of society's ills at the blame of short haired opnionated women who dare to step out of the kitchen.

gently caress him!

Although I have always been curious as to what The Dog's actual given name is.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Murray Ball, (the creator and artist behind Footrot Flats) is a oval office.

He subsequently wrote a book of comics called "The Sisterhood", where he lays all of society's ills at the blame of short haired opnionated women who dare to step out of the kitchen.

gently caress him!

Although I have always been curious as to what The Dog's actual given name is.

The books were a big part of my childhood so I'm going to hang on to that memory and accept that Murray Ball is bad guy and not think about him. I leaned that NZ was a different place from Australia from those books

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
fucken kiwis

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

EoinCannon posted:

The books were a big part of my childhood so I'm going to hang on to that memory and accept that Murray Ball is bad guy and not think about him. I leaned that NZ was a different place from Australia from those books

Hi Roald Dahl

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What was his deal? Anti semite?

OK I read his Wikipedia, he was anti Israel for good reasons, but then he started making hosed up comments about Jews generally. He had Jewish friends who spoke up for him but I don't think that makes it ok

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 17, 2024

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

EoinCannon posted:

Yes.

Also in the books, the OompaLoompas were black skinned pigmies. Who were very happy and grateful to the white clolonialist who on his wanders around deepest darkest Africa saw them, and "saved" them by turning them into indentured slaves who sing and dance for his amusement.

What else are foreigners for?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

ChatGPT says:

"One example often cited is his portrayal of the Oompa-Loompas in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," which has been seen as racially insensitive. In the original version of the book, the Oompa-Loompas were depicted as African pygmies from "the very deepest and darkest part of the African jungle where no white man had been before." This portrayal was later revised in subsequent editions to make the Oompa-Loompas fictional creatures from Loompaland.

Additionally, some of Dahl's other works have been criticized for containing racially insensitive language or imagery, such as "The Witches," which includes references to stereotypes about witches from different countries, including a depiction of a witch with slanted eyes resembling those of Asian people."

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ban blow for using chatgpt

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I don't know about banning people but I agree with the sentiment of keeping AI poo poo out of threads except those ones specifically for that stuff

If I ask a question in a thread it's not because I'm too lazy to google or want AI to tell me, it's because I want to hear opinions and discussion from other people

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

At least I didn't try and pass it off as me own poo poo mate. I gave credit to the machine.

ChatGPT came in handy when I rinsed my mouth with hydrogen peroxide followed by sodium bicarbonate and wondered why it tasted like burning.

Me: explain the reaction of hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate

ChatGPT: When hydrogen peroxide, which is a liquid, comes into contact with sodium bicarbonate, which is a solid, they react to produce water, carbon dioxide gas, and oxygen gas. Additionally, sodium hydroxide (NaOH) is formed as a byproduct of the reaction.

Me: tell me about having Sodium hydroxide in ur mouth

ChatGPT: Having sodium hydroxide (NaOH) in your mouth can be extremely dangerous and is considered a medical emergency. Sodium hydroxide is a highly caustic substance that can cause severe chemical burns, tissue damage, and potentially life-threatening complications if ingested.

If sodium hydroxide comes into contact with the tissues in your mouth, it can cause immediate burning and pain. Swallowing sodium hydroxide can lead to burns of the throat, esophagus, and stomach, which can result in difficulty breathing, swallowing, and speaking. Ingesting sodium hydroxide can also lead to nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and in severe cases, perforation of the digestive tract, internal bleeding, and systemic toxicity.

If you accidentally ingest sodium hydroxide or have it in your mouth, it's crucial to seek immediate medical attention. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a medical professional. It's essential to contact emergency services or visit the nearest emergency room for prompt evaluation and treatment.

In summary, having sodium hydroxide in your mouth is a serious situation that requires urgent medical attention to prevent further harm and complications.

----

Drano.

:lol:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And here I thought the brief fad of people using chatGPT as a replacement for google had been laughed off the internet already.