Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ask the new EV plant that's opening up on the outskirts of Savannah, creating jobs.

Ask the studios in GA where a lot of movies and streaming shows are being made.

Does she go outside of her own district?

Does she talk to anyone beyond her own reflection in the mirror? (That's metaphorical, because I think she'd attack her own reflection like a parakeet.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

If you ever need to prove to anyone that Donald Trump is a cult leader, ask yourself if anyone on January 6 would've been there if their pastor asked them to do it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dementropy posted:

Ask the new EV plant that's opening up on the outskirts of Savannah, creating jobs.

Ask the studios in GA where a lot of movies and streaming shows are being made.

Does she go outside of her own district?

Does she talk to anyone beyond her own reflection in the mirror? (That's metaphorical, because I think she'd attack her own reflection like a parakeet.)

*shrug* It's the Sartre quote again. The words being used are hollow, meaningless vessels that will be changed out on a whim as soon as the direction of the conversation heads somewhere else. The only thing that matters to fascists is the emotional content of those hollow vessels. The hatred they contain, and the target they're shot at. LIBURALS BAD, HATE THEM. There, that's what she said. Any other interpretation is just chasing after your own shadow and giving in to the fascist framing of the conversation.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

pre:
US Greatest Generation	age 97-123	 1,603,429 
US Silent Generation	age 79-96	 9,520,249 
US Baby Boomers	age 60-78	 56,735,390 
US Gen X	age 44-59	 51,304,635 
US Millennials	age 28-43	 61,347,929 
US Zoomers	age 12-27	 65,097,762 

Reminder that there are more Boomers even now then there ever were GenX. Also somehow there are 1.6 million Greatest generation folks kicking around.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Bone Crimes posted:

pre:

Reminder that there are more Boomers even now then there ever were GenX. Also somehow there are 1.6 million Greatest generation folks kicking around.

I now feel inadequate as a GenX person.

E: And it's honestly pretty shocking that we have over 1.6 million walking fossils alive. That number is pretty amazing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just implement Carousel for 65

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gen X is a fake generation. The ones over 50 are boomers, the ones under 50 are geriatric millennials.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hollismason posted:

Just implement Carousel for 65

:smith: But I kinda want at least a few years of retirement and at the current rate that may not be until after 65.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Gen X is a fake generation. The ones over 50 are boomers, the ones under 50 are geriatric millennials.

:argh: I'm not a boomer! I shake my fist and stamp my feet at you!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aramis posted:

It'd be nice if they just straight-up acknowledged that the brunt of military spending is economic stimulus and government employment dog medicine wrapped in jingoism-flavored cheese.

When i'm bored i poke around on google maps and it's not only shocking how many military bases there are in rural america, It's clear it's the only thing keeping a lot of small towns alive.

There's a navy base in Tennessee. It is the same size as the nearby town of Millington. Tennessee doesn't have a coastline.

Also shocking just how many fighter jets there are just sitting around everywhere.

Trillions of dollars worth of fighter jets with a total combined air-air combat count of 1 weather balloon.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kw0134 posted:

You're basically selling the house in increments while you get to stay in it, so it's a product with a purpose, but it's so easy to abuse it, and at the same time it's marketed to a particularly vulnerable population so it's just sketchy all aroubd.

It really is the final "gently caress you" the boomers can give to posterity: a posthumous FYGM that leaves nothing real behind.

TrashMammal posted:

ain’t nothing ever been stopping you from punching back aside from your own cowardice

"As long as you don't kill 'em or something it's fine, we don't care." - a paraphrase of a truancy officer when talking about getting a kid 10-15 back into school through the use of violence.

There was a lot of heinous poo poo at the hands of lead-addled boomers during the 80s and into the 90s that victimized then-underage cohorts to the point of legislation, which the younger generations benefited from before being born. It's not an excuse, but it's hard to translate a whole life experience simply.

:laffo: Protect Georgia from what?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mistle posted:

:laffo: Protect Georgia from what?

economic relevance

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TrashMammal posted:

ain’t nothing ever been stopping you from punching back aside from your own cowardice

"Why don't abused children simply fight back against the older, stronger, more skilled adult?"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Locator posted:

I now feel inadequate as a GenX person.

E: And it's honestly pretty shocking that we have over 1.6 million walking fossils alive. That number is pretty amazing.

I don't think they're doing much walking tbh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

the thing that has kinda hosed the GOP is they have become the loud braying dickheads who inject their politics into everything. sure you can make arguments that weird online lefty types gave rise to the barstole conservatives but no one outside the chuds and other lefties care about that. poo poo like this is what annoys the indies and moderates, they want goverment to do stuff and be boring and not insert itself into everything and also not make everything partisan. the GOP is doing that now. they are loving furious about loving everything and never shut the gently caress up and always cry about being the victim and i think alot of people are sick of it judging by elections.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nah regressives have always been the first to bark about poo poo.

look at comedy central classics such as bush era Daily Show stuff, or the character trope busybody Karen banning poo poo in the 90s, 80, ....50s, etc.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I also, sadly, think this is the truth. There were never enough of us relative to other generations to have our own identity, and this division splits right down my family. My oldest sibling is a total boomer, whereas I identify with the millennials.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yah but we get to beef about the younger millennials.

I find zoomers to be more fun to talk to as they usually have the same cynicism and nihilism as people in my age range (late 40s). And we can both rip on millennials.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Millennial are not going to save us.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

the character trope busybody Karen banning poo poo in the 90s, 80, ....50s, etc.

People like Joe Lieberman and Tipper Gore led the moral outrage over music and video games through the 80s and 90s

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Millennial are not going to save us.

No one's saving anybody AFAIK.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

nah regressives have always been the first to bark about poo poo.

look at comedy central classics such as bush era Daily Show stuff, or the character trope busybody Karen banning poo poo in the 90s, 80, ....50s, etc.

sure, but culture for the first time in a while is pretty socially liberal and even socially progressive, big corps wouldnt be doing any of rainbow capitalism poo poo if the markets wernt there and there wernt a good chunk of people in those companies who wernt also sorta socially liberal. the martkatble majority has changed and chuds are mad about the world changing and them being the minority because they got told that they were the silent majority.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the thing that has kinda hosed the GOP is they have become the loud braying dickheads who inject their politics into everything. sure you can make arguments that weird online lefty types gave rise to the barstole conservatives but no one outside the chuds and other lefties care about that. poo poo like this is what annoys the indies and moderates, they want goverment to do stuff and be boring and not insert itself into everything and also not make everything partisan. the GOP is doing that now. they are loving furious about loving everything and never shut the gently caress up and always cry about being the victim and i think alot of people are sick of it judging by elections.

Its like a pastiche of what they think triggered liberals are, except, well, bad news on that one...

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I currently help feed and care for my grandfather, 96 and grandmother, 95, a couple times a week. I love them but they have been absolutely poisoned politically by my aunt and her husband, who are giant maga idiots. It pains me, but I hope one or both kick it before the election. They will absolutely vote trump because of my aunt and uncle.

When my reasonable side of the family cares for them, we talk about what they need, what the weather is doing, what's going on with the house, what do they want to eat this week, pleasant things that let them think things through and engage them. When my aunt is over there, it's literally about how Biden is the antichrist and how trump is a holy man and he's fighting for them while Biden is trying to take everything away from them.

I would not doubt for a second that if they were to die close to election time, there would be mail in ballots in their names for trump.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Thank goodness we here in Georgia have MTG to protect us from evil globalists like Larry David

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Exit polls are coming in from NY03 and darkhorse candidate Seorge Gantos is pulling ahead of the competition

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

We had ALF and you can’t take that away from us.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There are millenials and there are boomers

choose wisely.........

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Waffle House posted:

Its like a pastiche of what they think triggered liberals are, except, well, bad news on that one...

exactly. they became the thing they hate and think everyone agrees with them, and sure some people might on some levels, they go to far or their rhetoric is too loving insane. sure we poo poo on :decorum: but thats kinda whats hurting the GOP, people want school districts that just run normal poo poo. not carol ann who will ban every book that has a black in it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Bone Crimes posted:

I also, sadly, think this is the truth. There were never enough of us relative to other generations to have our own identity, and this division splits right down my family. My oldest sibling is a total boomer, whereas I identify with the millennials.

Yeah, I’m 45, and my life experience definitely feels like the Millennials, except maybe I lived with a rotary dial phones and TV antennas a bit longer than most of them.

I’ve seen the transitional years referred to as the Oregon Trail generation, but at that point it seems like you’re narrowing things down way too much.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Millennial is a fake generation. If you had internet and cell phones at elementary school age your childhood was completely different from the people who were born a decade prior.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Stink Billyums posted:

Millenial is a fake generation. If you had internet and cell phones at elementary school age your childhood was completely different from the people who were born a decade prior.

millenials didn't

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It's all fake, just an organizing principle to simplify biases

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Droogie posted:

I said *unauthorized.* the token ones we know and love? Here are fine.

i feel validated

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I only know eat hot chip and lie

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Droogie posted:

I currently help feed and care for my grandfather, 96 and grandmother, 95, a couple times a week. I love them but they have been absolutely poisoned politically by my aunt and her husband, who are giant maga idiots. It pains me, but I hope one or both kick it before the election. They will absolutely vote trump because of my aunt and uncle.

When my reasonable side of the family cares for them, we talk about what they need, what the weather is doing, what's going on with the house, what do they want to eat this week, pleasant things that let them think things through and engage them. When my aunt is over there, it's literally about how Biden is the antichrist and how trump is a holy man and he's fighting for them while Biden is trying to take everything away from them.

I would not doubt for a second that if they were to die close to election time, there would be mail in ballots in their names for trump.

if they try to dead vote thats fraud and you should bust them.

them also being the grandparents if they dead vote for your aunt and uncle.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

jokes posted:

millenials didn't

that's the thing, some of them did so the years of the generation split are wrong

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Stink Billyums posted:

Millennial is a fake generation. If you had internet and cell phones at elementary school age your childhood was completely different from the people who were born a decade prior.

Do you think most children had cell phones by 1990?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bone Crimes posted:

pre:

Gene kind of skews the data because he's immortal

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RVWinkle posted:

It's all fake, just an organizing principle to simplify biases

the younger generation will always hate the older generation because the young do not have wealth, and the older generations do

it's always just class warfare

funnily enough pretty much every boomer i know-- who made a lot of money or otherwise-- are either broke or extremely rich. it's weird, lol. doesn't mean every boomer thinks they're rich-- probably because of their house being worth millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

PhazonLink posted:

if they try to dead vote thats fraud and you should bust them.

If something comes to pass, and I have any suspicion, I would not hesitate to do so