Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MassRafTer posted:

I saw the strategic leader of the WWE Universe praising this camera angle and it looks so funny. Just a bad idea for how to capture the action except for maybe the second of the hot tag.

https://twitter.com/JulianWks/status/1757215251261702391
Is this a Borash thing? He's probably set to be HHH's production guy going forward. Kind of funny thinking about how much of an impact that TNA had on the wrestling industry despite being a massive trainwreck most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tampa Bae posted:

Is this a Borash thing? He's probably set to be HHH's production guy going forward. Kind of funny thinking about how much of an impact that TNA had on the wrestling industry despite being a massive trainwreck most of the time

No there's some new guy they hired who I won't be bothered to remember the name of.

But enough with the funny claims that WWE is doing anything good, here is WWE doing what they do best.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1757475530012529096

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
escaping from a graveyard seems counterproductive for a undertaker

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I thought WWE was trying to keep the bodies *in* the graveyard

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

I saw the strategic leader of the WWE Universe praising this camera angle and it looks so funny. Just a bad idea for how to capture the action except for maybe the second of the hot tag.

On the plus side they held the camera shot for over 10 seconds

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

I think it's fine but it shouldn't linger on that angle too long. Sting used to get a similar angle on the Stinger Splash and that owned.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the simple fedbrained oafs are dazzled by simple camera tricks and angles

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
AEW was doing that as far back as 2020 at least

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

it was a WCW camera angle in the 90's and I'm not even sure they innovated the turnbuckle cameraman

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

it was a WCW camera angle in the 90's and I'm not even sure they innovated the turnbuckle cameraman

Can't wait for the return of the Refer-eye Cam

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's fine but it shouldn't linger on that angle too long. Sting used to get a similar angle on the Stinger Splash and that owned.

It's a good shot for someone diving into the corner. It's not a very good shot to linger on someone's shoulder taking up most of the frame.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fish eye but the subject is very far away and in the center of the camera is a real brave choice

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bring back the stridex blimp and put a camera on it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

Is this a Borash thing? He's probably set to be HHH's production guy going forward. Kind of funny thinking about how much of an impact* that TNA had on the wrestling industry despite being a massive trainwreck most of the time

I believe it is spelled "ipmact"

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

No there's some new guy they hired who I won't be bothered to remember the name of.

But enough with the funny claims that WWE is doing anything good, here is WWE doing what they do best.

jamal khashoggi presents

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
watching Next Level Chef and one of the contestants described himself as a former WWE star

looked him up (guy's name is Mada Abdelhamid) and discovered that the extent of his pro wrestling experience is getting eliminated halfway through season six of Tough Enough lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Barry Bluejeans posted:

watching Next Level Chef and one of the contestants described himself as a former WWE star

looked him up (guy's name is Mada Abdelhamid) and discovered that the extent of his pro wrestling experience is getting eliminated halfway through season six of Tough Enough lol

Yeah I saw this too and also looked him up. He said "I was a WWE Superstar" and I almost convinced myself he was one of the AOP guys for a second there lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Amateur of Pasta

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Wait is this for mania season or are they finally making a physical hall of fame now that Vince is gone and it’s in loving Saudi Arabia?

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

At least it's something different. WWE suffers from every bit of content looking exactly like the last with just a tiny bit of squinting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shinjobi posted:

Amateur of Pasta

Hulk Hogan?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought KSA frowned upon spooky nonsense because it’s all blasphemy or some poo poo, like how Alastair Black wasn’t allowed to go because of all his spooky tattoos

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

it's obvious Vince would never allow this, the wide angle makes everyone look so small

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The D in Detroit posted:

it's obvious Vince would never allow this, the wide angle makes everyone look so small

Tiny Cody needs the Andre angle

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

I thought KSA frowned upon spooky nonsense because it’s all blasphemy or some poo poo, like how Alastair Black wasn’t allowed to go because of all his spooky tattoos

the undertaker is blessed by allah, brother

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

but cody is haram

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

but cody is haram

Chickens made of unnatural material are haram

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Eat My Fuc posted:

great promo from rollins and cody. they were using new camera angles it worked well.

Seth looked like he was always about a half second from staring directly into the camera and asking "Did you all get that at home?" like Rick Moranis in Spaceballs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Intruder posted:

Seth looked like he was always about a half second from staring directly into the camera and asking "Did you all get that at home?"

I have no delusions about being an extremely
low IQ individual, but I think the story has been good so far even going back to Cody’s return. Truth be told my mother used alcohol when she was pregnant with me so that might have something to do with it. I also never passed algebra and failed algebra 1 three times en route to dropping out of high school.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

The lore of the EMF

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have no delusions about being an extremely
low IQ individual, but I think the story has been good so far even going back to Cody’s return. Truth be told my mother used alcohol when she was pregnant with me so that might have something to do with it. I also never passed algebra and failed algebra 1 three times en route to dropping out of high school.

are you cody?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

NO

I SAID

ARE

YOU

CODYYYY

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
🗣️🗣️🗣️ 👇👇👇

https://x.com/the_weidmanator/status/1757169343761125745?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

super macho dude posted:

See the child. He is pale and thin, he wears a patriotic leotard and displays a dumb neck tattoo. He stokes the scullery fire. He wishes he could finish the story.

Chiming in to say that I hope I'm not the only one who got the Blood Meridian reference

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What a mark.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd just like to say I also have brain damage from birth but it doesn't make me watch WWE. Wrestling? Without a doubt. But not WWE.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Personally I wouldn't use anecdotes about Vince McMahon or Brock Lesnar in my tweet about why Cody is the Chosen One but that's just me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wrestling has more than one royal family..... wait how many is one uhhhhhh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/wrestlelamia/status/1757407872068030527?s=20

one thing i really love about hhh’s booking is the long term storytelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet