Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

One of the daily Carnivale missions is to win games with Carivale Variants in your deck.

Am I crazy, or is the $10 Sunspot Carinvale bundle the only one? I haven't seen any other pop up in my store.

You don't need that quest to get the final reward for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DrBouvenstein posted:

One of the daily Carnivale missions is to win games with Carivale Variants in your deck.

Am I crazy, or is the $10 Sunspot Carinvale bundle the only one? I haven't seen any other pop up in my store.

You can get Wong here: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/Topup/262304/us-en

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Apparently an OTA went out accidentally? Luke got changed again?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
My phone sent me a push notification that there was a new series 4 card available, but Cull is in my shop as a series 5. Lame.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

My phone sent me a push notification that there was a new series 4 card available, but Cull is in my shop as a series 5. Lame.
He was supposed to be a Series 4 until the last patch

Had to use all four keys to get everything

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

Apparently an OTA went out accidentally? Luke got changed again?

Did he? He's still 3/4 for me, which is what he got changed to when they reverted his ability back to global?

Edit: V Oh poo poo, mine does say "cards here" now. V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 13, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

They made his ability one lane again, presumably by accident.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was supposed to be a Series 4 until the last patch

Had to use all four keys to get everything

That sucks. “Better Crossbones” is basically the definition of what a new series 4 card should look like.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t even know why they bother with the Series 4 or 5 thing anymore when they are mostly just going to release them as Series 5

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Red posted:

I got the pixel Jubilee from the Carnaval/Carnival thing, so do I just ignore it now or

I was like... the premium variant is at the end? We have a few days before that comes up still. Then I saw later posts and I completely didn't know about this extra BS on the website. :sigh: Started the daily grind now.

On a lighter note, I need to be more aggressive with snapping apparently. I need to get out of the 50's, I'm snapping conservatively like I'm in the 90's

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
new card seems powerful but that's a lame constraint

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

You can play the required 1-cost card on the same turn as Cull, it doesn't need to already be in the lane. Black Swan might have a use.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Hobo Clown posted:

You can play the required 1-cost card on the same turn as Cull, it doesn't need to already be in the lane. Black Swan might have a use.
I meant more that it's just kind of a lame card

I was wondering about the same turn thing though so that's good to know

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, if he had been 3k tokens I might've just bought Cull, but just being another 4-cost 10-stick with a downside I'm fine waiting until he shows up in a future spotlight. I'd rather run Sentry+Annihilus or Mary+Sauron/Luke if I'm utilizing that niche in a deck.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Oh cool they added a second Hipp collection and I already own 12/12. Nice little surprise

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Quackles posted:

They made his ability one lane again, presumably by accident.

Might be a bug. His effect is still global, only the text box is reverted.

Other differences,

Yondu: target lowest cost card
Mantis: copy card played there
Miek: you can move it next turn

But none of the mechanics changed, just the text boxes, and,

So probably not an actual early patch leak, just a fistful of bugs.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 13, 2024

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Skippy McPants posted:

So probably not an actual early patch leak, just a fistful of bugs.

AND Yondu!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, I played Cap and Agent 13, and they got bonuses. I played Agent 13 and then Cap later, and no bonus. So something's hosed up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ijyt posted:

idk i've not seen him go higher than 4 in these decks

New helicarrier lets you collector on 2, Sif on 3, buff him by 3-4 power

Then you can ghost rider the 10 power heli on 4, transform a full hand with Loki on 4, and sometimes dump loads of stuff. With Dino wanting a full hand too you have loads of hand stuffing poo poo anyway

Having fun with this deck a lot

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There are currently no more Series 4 cards scheduled going forward, so I wonder if they are just going to stop with releasing cards at S4 entirely

I think Cull is much better than the other 4/10s in the game (Attuma, Typhoid Mary, Sentry). It sucks that he's not invulnerable as originally datamined though, because he doesn't work with Caiera.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah, if he had been 3k tokens I might've just bought Cull, but just being another 4-cost 10-stick with a downside I'm fine waiting until he shows up in a future spotlight. I'd rather run Sentry+Annihilus or Mary+Sauron/Luke if I'm utilizing that niche in a deck.

yeah, hard to know how good he'll be, though I'm leaning towards pretty darned good - his downside is easier to get around than many and doesn't really require drawing a specific card, so he may form a very nice compact or incidental package

but idk if it'll be impactful or just an alternative/also ran - i.e. does he form some sort of critical mass with Skaar/bring anything to Thanos that it lacked/give zoo the ability to go tall enough in a given lane to not be total poo poo/etc.?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think Cull is much better than the other 4/10s in the game (Attuma, Typhoid Mary, Sentry). It sucks that he's not invulnerable as originally datamined though, because he doesn't work with Caiera.

I actually think, while his downside is easiest to overcome, he’s more boring than those other cards though. No “package” to run him in, he’s just a high power card.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I actually think, while his downside is easiest to overcome, he’s more boring than those other cards though. No “package” to run him in, he’s just a high power card.

I don't know that he's really any more boring than Mary or Attuma are, you can't really leverage their downsides in a positive way and they're ultimately just sort of dumb beaters - Cull is also a "package" since you need some critical mass of 1 drops to get him on the field + there are positioning implications even without the need to set him up in advance, its just that you can decide what goes into that package from all the available 1 drops in the game + cards that create 1 drops (thanos, debrii, etc.)

Sentry is sort of the standout among those, since he has a method of negation that makes him an effective 4/20

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Hood + Sentry + Cull + Annihilus?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I put Cull into my Shuri deck and he seems to fit pretty well there

My current deck for that is-

1 Ebony Maw
1 Zero
2 Armor
2 Lizard
3 Sauron
4 Cull Obsidian
4 Enchantress
4 Shuri
5 Red Skull
5 Taskmaster
5 Vision
6 Skaar

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Donating Titania to your opponent on turn 6 and filling your own lane so she doesn’t hop back on 7, stealing all the C3 buffs :thurman:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Donating Titania to your opponent on turn 6 and filling your own lane so she doesn’t hop back on 7, stealing all the C3 buffs :thurman:

I had a guy try that on me but he was forced to play in the same lane on 7 because he was losing it and I got the buff back

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Does Titania still switch sides if you donate her through Oz Tower? It used to be her card effect didn't work if she was donated with Viper, so I'm wondering if they ever fixed that.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Pairs well with Skaar in a Thanos/Lockjaw shell.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lol rip. Finally got got on a key.

On the plus side I'm now sitting at 6k Tokens.

Ms. Marvel is still the pull for that yeah? Cull seems rad but not quite rad enough to trump a pinned Ms. Marvel?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ms. Marvel is still the pull for that yeah? Cull seems rad but not quite rad enough to trump a pinned Ms. Marvel?

Caiera seems the most desirable to me, but YMMV.

I think most people would recommend Jeff, Thanos, or High Evo.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Shang-Chi sure is played a lot these days.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Red posted:

Ms.Marvel is waaaaaaaaay more valuable than Caiera. Thanos and Evo are both very good as well. Caiera is a card I would classify as "neat".

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Red posted:

I have Caiera already. Pinned Ms. Marvel a long while ago when I saw her mostly on knee-jerk "oh she's good right" reaction.

I guess I could unpin her and hope to see one of the others rotate around? Decisions are hard...

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Ms. Marvel is 14 power worth of stats for 4 energy, OP

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Devo posted:

Ms. Marvel is 14 power worth of stats for 4 energy, OP

You're right I do overthink things.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Joink posted:

Shang-Chi sure is played a lot these days.

always has been

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

FOH second dinner with your for you bundles

https://imgur.com/XsjSnbO

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well, at least you got Cull. I got...bull?

Back to the collection mines with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Haha. After being smart with my keys for so long, I got it in my head that I wanted Cull and had 3 keys to try for him. Of course, my generally good key luck ran out and I did not pull him. Cool Thanos variant, anyhow.