Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I saw "DEBT" dead center of this and immediately thought it was a return to form for Ramirez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

so what's the message here, only take drugs that aren't Fentanyl? Ok!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Yaakov Kirschen, folks. Can't live with him, can't... well, no, just that part.

I can only read this as Kirschen being disappointed he can't tell the world he's fighting Gazans. The word "forced" carries a lot of weight there.

Gnome de plume posted:

so what's the message here, only take drugs that aren't Fentanyl? Ok!

...so an endorsment of full legalization of marijuana?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Only I Can Beat Him. Only I Have Ever Been Allowed To Run.

Ted Rall posted:

American voters are trapped in a rematch nobody wants, between former President Donald Trump and current President Joe Biden. Driving the rematch are a number of factors, one of which is ego: both of them think that they are indispensable.

First Dog on the Moon: Are you ready for the collapse of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation? No, you are not

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Kikas posted:

I can only read this as Kirschen being disappointed he can't tell the world he's fighting Gazans. The word "forced" carries a lot of weight there.

My brain wants to reject this as it's so uttery loving horrible but I can't see any other way to interpret it. Kirschen what the gently caress is wrong with you

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Austin S posted:

Excellent palette cleanser, thank you. Reminds me of the Pawel Kuczynski collection that was posted a year or two back. Incisive commentary, no labels needed.

Glad you all liked them. I’ll sift through their articles more often but this was easy as they made the collection themselves.

However labels may be unnecessary but context sure is, without the article title or the blurb explaining them there are a bunch that I would find baffling. The Moroccan sex-ed one is still weird to me.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

idonotlikepeas posted:

So when Benyamir Putinyahu says "Hamas must be destroyed in its entirety", he means Gazans. Thanks Yaakov.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wild to see someone just going 'no no please don't misunderstand me, I want to be allowed to declare war on every human being living in Gaza' with a funny cartoon man

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Only I Can Beat Him. Only I Have Ever Been Allowed To Run.

Is it something nobody wants? The United States has a well-entrenched, institutionalized primary system, where party members can vote for the candidate they would like to see compete in the presidential election on behalf of their party. If it's true that Americans don't want this rematch, it didn't stop them from (so far) voting for Biden and Trump, respectively, by overwhelming margins, or at least they didn't bother to show up to vote for anyone else. So no, it's not about them not 'letting' anyone else run, they clearly have the support of their respective primary electorates.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Wild to see someone just going 'no no please don't misunderstand me, I want to be allowed to declare war on every human being living in Gaza' with a funny cartoon man

Yeah, that sort of guileless hatefulness is peak Kirschen. Most pro-war cartoonists would frame it as Gaza being liberated from Hamas tyranny, no matter what was actually happening on the ground. Not Kirschen. Just straight up, we're here to destroy Gaza.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

the sex ghost posted:

That's the One Weird Trick: Kirschen doesn't recognize Gazans as people :eng101:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, that sort of guileless hatefulness is peak Kirschen. Most pro-war cartoonists would frame it as Gaza being liberated from Hamas tyranny, no matter what was actually happening on the ground. Not Kirschen. Just straight up, we're here to destroy Gaza.

Kitchen is surprisingly honest about his genocidal bloodlust. Don't forget he did the cartoon declaring, "The world is already acting like we are flattening every inch of Gaza, so why aren't we?"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

35. Les promesses du chiffrement homomorphe pour traiter les données privées/The promise of homomorphic encryption to deal with private data from January 4, 2023 by Julien Pacaud

Homomorphic encryption is basically witchcraft. It's witchcraft that allows you to encrypt data but still allow certain mathemagical operations on the encrypted data. So you could encrypt data to be processed by a less trusted third party.

It's a pretty advanced topic to cover in a magazine for the ordinary public. No cryptocoin connection.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Homomorphic encryption is basically witchcraft. It's witchcraft that allows you to encrypt data but still allow certain mathemagical operations on the encrypted data. So you could encrypt data to be processed by a less trusted third party.

It's a pretty advanced topic to cover in a magazine for the ordinary public. No cryptocoin connection.

Well, I understood very little of that. Sure seems impressive anyway. Le Monde is a daily paper. Probably France's equivalent to the NYT. The illustrations showed up online at any rate. I don't know if they were printed on paper as well.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I read Le Monde myself, but only the website, so I never get to see pretty covers. :v:

And yes, it's literally witchcraft.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Well, you gotta admit, the Cool Ranch Condom wasn't one of Biden's better ideas.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Every Payne is the world's most boomer rear end poo poo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Every Payne is the world's most boomer rear end poo poo.

Everyone is smiling in that cartoon though so, though on the surface it looks like a SOME GIZMO, I'm willing to be charitable and say it's a cute cartoon about the evolving methods of finding love :3:

Regular Payne returns Thursday with VROOM VROOM

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Very few of them can draw a recognizable Taylor Swift even though she has pretty distinct features, closest they get is 'blonde white woman', although to be fair Payne has always drawn literally everyone in the exact same pointy-nosed style. I seem to remember snooty Obama back in the day

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

This is possibly the most effort and thought Stantis has put into a comic in a long while, and it's still just bad.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

skeleton warrior posted:

This is possibly the most effort and thought Stantis has put into a comic in a long while, and it's still just bad.

“They only like Ike… “ is mildly amusing

Which for prickly city is quite the accomplishment

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Keir Starmer’s Rochdale woes – The Labour leader’s decisions regarding the party’s byelection candidate have been described as shambolic"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Starmer faces fresh crisis over anti-Israel remarks

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Central Line meltdown: Commuters face years of chaos as whistleblowers give inside track on clapped-out trains

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

the sex ghost posted:

I've my doubts he even considers Palestinians to be human given, well, *waves vaguely at every comic he's ever drawn on the subject*

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Ambitious Spider posted:

“They only like Ike… “ is mildly amusing

Which for prickly city is quite the accomplishment

I'm mildly curious - prior to the Great Orange One, Reagan was the person worshipped as the conservative god. Was Reagan's worship ever as intense, or was he just someone that most folks liked because movie star?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Corner Kelly: The real CHIPs Act.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:golfclap:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

:vince:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It's amazing that the art quality matches so closely the original, if it was just monochrome lineart then no one would believe that the Yaakov character is a real Kirschen

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Kellies: Best Edit/Parody

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

idonotlikepeas posted:

how is his art getting worse? can we hope twas another stroke?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Well I mean the only reason why he hated Bleached Bones was because his self-insert touched a Gazan

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

:perfect:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Closing the Gap: Anthony Albanese condemns ‘inexcusable’ findings on Indigenous disadvantage (Guardian) "PM announces funding for jobs, communications and justice as damning report finds only four of 19 areas on track for improvement and four getting worse".

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Linda Burney, Minister for Indigenous Australians, with Albanese.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Just gone full-on mask-off at this point. It's oddly refreshing to see him outright state he wants to kill all the Gazans. No dancing around it, no mincing words, just "Hey, I really want to kill everyone in Gaza."

Hurry up and die already, you decrepit piece of rancid cow poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Randalor posted:

Just gone full-on mask-off at this point. It's oddly refreshing to see him outright state he wants to kill all the Gazans. No dancing around it, no mincing words, just "Hey, I really want to kill everyone in Gaza."

Hurry up and die already, you decrepit piece of rancid cow poo poo.

A selection from the past few weeks.