Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Cached Money posted:

I love this proguct

AliExpress: I love this proguct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Do combined shipping items get the same tracking number on ali? I can't tell if the thing I got in the same package as something I ordered is just a random thing that got packed in by mistake, or if I've been shipped the wrong thing — I ordered a laptop stand, and this package has what I assume is some sort of cellphone holder.

The other thing in the bag was correct, but looking on ali they've got two different tracking orders (and also both unhelpfully say they're at usps).

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Serak posted:

AliExpress: I love this proguct

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Old Time Hockey!
Like Eddie Shore!

Good quality. Like a normal replica hockey shirt. The numbers, badges etc are all stitched, no lame printing poo poo here.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Do combined shipping items get the same tracking number on ali? I can't tell if the thing I got in the same package as something I ordered is just a random thing that got packed in by mistake, or if I've been shipped the wrong thing — I ordered a laptop stand, and this package has what I assume is some sort of cellphone holder.

The other thing in the bag was correct, but looking on ali they've got two different tracking orders (and also both unhelpfully say they're at usps).

Combined shipping often gets me the wrong product

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Old Time Hockey!
Like Eddie Shore!

Good quality. Like a normal replica hockey shirt. The numbers, badges etc are all stitched, no lame printing poo poo here.

Sorry to disappoint you but they got the colors for the chiefs all wrong

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Old Time Hockey!
Like Eddie Shore!

Now buy a bucket of aliexpress fake blood along with some eyeglasses with thick plastic frames and very strong prescription lenses to complete the look.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
genuinely curious does Ali sell male to male cables

edit: yes. yes they do

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

male to male adaptors are for audio and sexual gratification only!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Typically mine get the same tracking number.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

By popular demand posted:

male to male adaptors are for audio and sexual gratification only!

you made me curious so i tried a bunch of search terms but it seems like aliexpress won't easily sell you a suicide cord

(never buy or use these)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

you made me curious so i tried a bunch of search terms but it seems like aliexpress won't easily sell you a suicide cord

(never buy or use these)

nobody start a derail about how these are actually safe please

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

They are safe as long as you do not plug them in.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Without a flared base, I don't think anyone would consider this safe.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone suggested a certain seller I think on AE and I got a hockey jersey and sweater. Jersey was great, premium quality. Zip hoodie was poo poo, low quality, especially for its price.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It is a perfectly safe conversation piece.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Cached Money posted:

I love this proguct

Lost fingat post mote later?

Lucky for you it will also vacuum those severed appendages right up!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

(never buy or use these)

But what if I have a labor dispute with my boss?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Old Time Hockey!
Like Eddie Shore!

Got a link for that one? Years back I got a very decent Penguins throwback jersey (pale blue, all stitching) and then got a modern jersey that ended up just being printed on number and name. I’ve been wary every since.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Are we allowed to ask why they will kill you? It seems obvious but i dont know if ive ever heard it explained

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ZeusCannon posted:

Are we allowed to ask why they will kill you? It seems obvious but i dont know if ive ever heard it explained

You plug one end into the outlet, and the other end is now bare electrified metal.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

They are used for two "applications"

1: dumb people string their holiday lights the wrong direction. They use this adapter to be lazy. The bare plug on the other end of the light string is now hot.

2: to plug a generator into a home power socket, to backfeed into house wiring to power things in the event of a service outage.
If the house main panel is not properly isolated, it can backfeed into the grid and threaten the lives of lone workers who think a section of power wiring is safe.
And even if "oh i flipped my main breaker", ground leakage can cause the same problem.

Do not use these.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Imagine just plugging your entire house into one outlet on daisy chained extension cables lol

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

moist banana bread posted:

Imagine just plugging your entire house into one outlet on daisy chained extension cables lol

I, too, have lived in lovely student housing.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

moist banana bread posted:

I had an ex who moved into an apartment that did not have a kitchen (there wasn't even a place for pipes coming out of the wall) and whenever you flushed the toilet, the lights would flicker. Super cool stuff! Very legal and up to code.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I bought Scrub Daddy knock offs and they suck. They're just sponges. They're not like Scrub Daddy at all what a bummer. But hey it was only $3.84. I should have expected as much.

"Magic Dishwashing Sponge Scratch Free Multipurpose Dish Sponges For Stain Odor Resistant Kitchen Scrubber Tableware Cleaning"
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805892686467.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.36ba1802DCcM2M&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is a scrub daddy not just a sponge? I've mostly avoided them due to the name turning my stomach

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

Is a scrub daddy not just a sponge? I've mostly avoided them due to the name turning my stomach

its a sponge but the material properties are what make it special

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I think the search term you're looking for is melamine sponges

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nah theyre not melamine. melamine is a resin, scrub daddies are made of some sort of biodegradable thermoplastic

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Killingyouguy! posted:

what i'd really love if aliexpress had a replacement for is a pot scraper. i dunno how to get another one of these, the one i got was a hand-me-down from like my grandma's kitchen stuff when she died. but it's a piece of plastic, roughly the side of a credit card, with slightly curved sides coming to an edge. it's just the best at scraping off absolutely blackened/caked on poo poo when you've hosed up or done something absolutely hardcore, and i keep looking at various kitchen/cleaning supply places and no one seems to make that kind of poo poo any more.

e: you know i guess i forgot to ever put it in google because there you go https://www.amazon.ca/Pan-Scrapers-Durable-Skillets-Cookware/dp/B074ZTMGVF?th=1

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Arivia posted:

what i'd really love if aliexpress had a replacement for is a pot scraper. i dunno how to get another one of these, the one i got was a hand-me-down from like my grandma's kitchen stuff when she died. but it's a piece of plastic, roughly the side of a credit card, with slightly curved sides coming to an edge. it's just the best at scraping off absolutely blackened/caked on poo poo when you've hosed up or done something absolutely hardcore, and i keep looking at various kitchen/cleaning supply places and no one seems to make that kind of poo poo any more.

I've definitely bought those from Ali before. Mine were shaped like birds and the beak part is great for getting into nooks

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've definitely bought those from Ali before. Mine were shaped like birds and the beak part is great for getting into nooks

Yeah I just found four on Amazon I’m an idiot

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They're a cool thing I haven't seen before, anyway.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Killingyouguy! posted:

The plastic is hard and very scrubby with cold water then softens up under warm water for less scrubbiness

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
So I managed to get Australia Post to send me an email saying "we never received item with tracking number XYZ from AliExpress-Cainao".

The guy I ended up talking to said he had no way of knowing if it was true or not, but was happy to help.

The seller refused to refund even with that "evidence", so I went to customer service as all my appeal options had already been burned. They told me they'll be banning the seller from the platform I'm the next 48 hours as he was required to refund in the event I have proof of non-delivery.

It's still unclear if I'll get my $3 back.

By the way, this is their guide for evidence of non-delivery. A helpful service agent supplied me with the document. You may wish to use it as an example when explaining to your postal carrier what you need.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 16, 2024

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You mean there is a separated customer service on aliexpress besides the dispute process? I have no idea.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

You mean there is a separated customer service on aliexpress besides the dispute process? I have no idea.

Yes, there is! Visit the help center, then press the little picture of the robot in the lower right corner. From there you can click "chat with agent".

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Literally A Person posted:

I think the search term you're looking for is melamine sponges
Melamine is the code word for magic erasers, which are yet another different cleaning sponge type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I bought a couple of nerdy tshirts. I picked the largest size because ali sizing isn’t made for fat white guys and they actually seem to be 6x which is really huge.