Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Aramis posted:

So he wants MORE weapons sent to Ukraine all of a sudden? (lol, of course not, complete mushbrain)

To him, the disaster is that Russia didn't win immediately

President Trump will fix this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scam Likely posted:

Trump saying NATO is delinquent on its protection money is such transparent mafia thinking. Chuds fuckin love how he approaches foreign policy like it's some shakedown of the local small business owner. Unreal.

chuds are literal terrorist brained lowlifes, that's why they're so involved in evangelical church.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The amazing thing with trump is it seems he still thinks the 2% spending is what countries pay the US directly. Sure some will come to the US via defence contracts but I don’t think that is his thinking. Same with how he never seemed to understand how tariffs work.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah it sounds like the type of thing you'd see in a mafia movie with a shakedown of a dry cleaner's or whatever, except it's geopolitics

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

HJE-Cobra posted:

isn't this just like, pretty blatant extortion attempts? like "hey Europe, pay up or we'll let Russia do whatever they want"?

trump always wanted to be a mob boss

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

weg posted:

I registered as an independent 20yrs ago when I signed up to vote for the first time. I've pretty much exclusively voted for Dem/Independent candidates since. I'd say I'm a good bit further left in my political leanings than the core of the Democratic party but the main reason I've never registered as a Dem is because the people in charge are loving morons who should be easily dunking on Republicans every time but somehow cannot figure out how to market to young people.

if you’re just gonna vote dem anyway, why not start voting in the dem primary? stop those morons from getting on the ballot to begin with

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

priznat posted:

The amazing thing with trump is it seems he still thinks the 2% spending is what countries pay the US directly. Sure some will come to the US via defence contracts but I don’t think that is his thinking. Same with how he never seemed to understand how tariffs work.

Trump doesn't understand much outside of yelling right wing slogans to his cult.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

'Staff Exodus' Hits Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Campaign — And That's Not All, Report Says

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f-kennedy-staff-exodus-mediaite_n_65ccbfaee4b065628a616fb5

quote:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s campaign has been hit with numerous resignations amid concerns over “lavish spending” and “self-serving” leadership, Mediaite reported on Tuesday.

Citing multiple unnamed sources, the news outlet wrote that Kennedy24 lost 12 of its 25 field staff members, along with two main staff members, after they quit in January.

One source close to the independent campaign partly blamed campaign manager Amaryllis Fox Kennedy for the disarray. Fox Kennedy, RFK Jr.’s daughter-in-law and an ex-CIA officer, was accused of hiring her “inexperienced” nanny to be chief of staff.

Five-figure monthly payouts to companies allegedly tied to officials in the campaign have also become an issue,
according to Mediaite.

“When the reports came out and everyone saw the obscene amount of money some people are making, while they are often paying for their own promotional materials out of pocket and can’t get their gas stipend covered, many people started thinking those people are scamming and skimming to line their pockets,” a campaign worker told the news website. “This is out of alignment with the message of the candidate.”

Fox Kennedy defended the turnover in a statement to Mediaite.

“With over a hundred staff members and tens of thousands of volunteers nationwide, Team Kennedy has great folks come and go depending on the needs of each phase of the campaign,” she said.

HuffPost has reached out to the campaign for additional comment.

Axios previously reported that Kennedy24 was “burning through cash.”

Kennedy raised $7 million from October to December but spent $7.7 million, according to an FEC filing the news outlet cited.

Always Be Grifting

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tai posted:

Trump doesn't understand much outside of yelling right wing slogans to his cult.

Yeah it’s still shocking to me how someone that pigheaded ignorant got to where he did. Just how far an utter lack of shame and scruples will take you along with a big wodge of money from dad.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

priznat posted:

It also works the other way around. CHUDs who love to complain about foreign aid rarely seem to grasp that a lot of it is contingent on the money being spent on American stuff.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 14, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

Please inform our uninformable President

A. That's not how NATO works
B. European countries contributed more than the US.

E: Donald would be really upset if he could read this

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

TrashMammal posted:

if you’re just gonna vote dem anyway, why not start voting in the dem primary? stop those morons from getting on the ballot to begin with

Who says they aren't? Not every state has a "you have to have registered as a member of X party to vote in their primary" rule.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Scam Likely posted:

Trump saying NATO is delinquent on its protection money is such transparent mafia thinking. Chuds fuckin love how he approaches foreign policy like it's some shakedown of the local small business owner. Unreal.

Trump just doesn't understand how NATO works, it's really breathtaking.

It's 100% Chinese hacking infiltration of infrastructure systems, which was already publicly disclosed a few days ago along with their SIGINT on the US being much more advanced than people realize post balloon.

We already know that they have a major SIGINT spy station on Cuba and there have been many more balloons.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757803920573780106

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I mean... He'd just point out that he was clearly only referring to military spending, for which your graph kinda supports his point, Germany aside.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

'Staff Exodus' Hits Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Campaign — And That's Not All, Report Says

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f-kennedy-staff-exodus-mediaite_n_65ccbfaee4b065628a616fb5

Always Be Grifting

The guy who never had a chance to win and was running to try to peel off poorly informed voters was trying to line his own pockets? :aaaaa:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aramis posted:

I mean... He'd just point out that he was clearly only referring to military spending, for which your graph kinda supports his point, Germany aside.

Yeah trumps whole thing is NATO is first and foremost a military alliance and Europe isn’t really pulling its weight. Which is true even if ultimately that was never the point. NATO was always about US domination not about being equal partners

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Three Olives posted:

It's 100% Chinese hacking infiltration of infrastructure systems, which was already publicly disclosed a few days ago along with their SIGINT on the US being much more advanced than people realize post balloon.

We already know that they have a major SIGINT spy station on Cuba and there have been many more balloons.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757803920573780106

Kari Lake has been wearing a wig and sunglasses and he thinks she's Melania

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Always Be Grifting
Same thing Tim Scott pulled. Seems like they kind of just allow you to do it.

quote:

Mr. Scott entered the 2024 race with a war chest of $22 million, and his campaign raised $5.8 million from April through June. In that same time, he laid out about $6.6 million, a significant clip — but most of it cannot be traced to an actual vendor.

Instead, roughly $5.3 million went to two shadowy entities: newly formed limited liability companies with no online presence and no record of other federal election work, whose addresses are Staples stores in suburban strip malls. Their minimal business records show they were set up by the same person in the months before Mr. Scott entered the race.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/28/us/politics/tim-scott-money-campaign-funds.html

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Being wrong, admitting it, and learning are weakness, and Trump will never show weakness.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TrashMammal posted:

This thought has crossed my mind but I haven't bothered yet as I live in a pretty red area of South Carolina and there have been more than a few races where a Dem candidate isn't even on the ballot lol. I should probably get around to it though.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TrashMammal posted:

Watching the dems rat-gently caress the candidates people actually liked in the lead up to 2020 showed me why that’s a waste of time. Harris was so unpopular she had to drop out in the first round but now she’s the vice president. Funny how that works.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aramis posted:

Well he should say that, then.

Europe just doesn't have a thousand tanks sitting in a desert doing nothing.

But yeah everyone should crank it up a few notches.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m sure a not insignificant part of that cash from the EU goes to US defense contractors for ammunition etc as well.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

wash bucket posted:

Watching the dems rat-gently caress the candidates people actually liked in the lead up to 2020 showed me why that’s a waste of time. Harris was so unpopular she had to drop out in the first round but now she’s the vice president. Funny how that works.

Also yeah this. The party is such a poo poo show, but at least they are nowhere near as bad as the Republicans lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

weg posted:

I registered as an independent 20yrs ago when I signed up to vote for the first time. I've pretty much exclusively voted for Dem/Independent candidates since. I'd say I'm a good bit further left in my political leanings than the core of the Democratic party but the main reason I've never registered as a Dem is because the people in charge are loving morons who should be easily dunking on Republicans every time but somehow cannot figure out how to market to young people.

you are now 40 years old, you don’t know anything about young people now either. sorry, but that’s the law.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Young people like those Ticky Tocks, right?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

A. That's not how NATO works
B. European countries contributed more than the US.

IIRC the DOD has been undervaluing outgoing stock to fit more materiel into a military aid package, so the number may be accurate, but the impact is harder to discern when you're purposefully committing rounding errors on $44 billion of milsurp

mobby_6kl posted:

:lol:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

wash bucket posted:

I'll never forget that by the time I could vote for the Democratic primary in 2020, everyone else had dropped out.
I lived in New York, only a few million people there.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Merkinman posted:

I'll never forget that by the time I could vote for the Democratic primary in 2020, everyone else had dropped out.
I lived in New York, only a few million people there.

You want a big state like New York to go first in the primaries? That'd practically guarantee that only big-name establishment candidates would get nominated.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

NoiseAnnoys posted:

you are now 40 years old, you don’t know anything about young people now either. sorry, but that’s the law.

I'm two years shy just let me have this last bit of youth I'm begging you

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

So something is going down

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

weg posted:

This thought has crossed my mind but I haven't bothered yet as I live in a pretty red area of South Carolina and there have been more than a few races where a Dem candidate isn't even on the ballot lol. I should probably get around to it though.

ah, yeah, born and bred charlestonian here. get that feeling of futility. solved it for myself by leaving and never looking back

wash bucket posted:

:lmao: you’re a dumbass

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

weg posted:

I'm two years shy just let me have this last bit of youth I'm begging you

Sorry, you're an Old now. Just turn on NPR in your car and start being very concerned about the state of your lawn.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its probably something ridiculous like Russian hackers have compromised Social Security or some poo poo.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

DaveWoo posted:

You want a big state like New York to go first in the primaries? That'd practically guarantee that only big-name establishment candidates would get nominated.

I didn't say first, but so late as to not matter because the winner has already been decided isn't great either.

I'd want NY to go "First" only if it meant we remove the archaic method of trickling states to get to vote and instead do like the general and everyone votes on the same day.

Lol tdump. I don't want to derail.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DaveWoo posted:

I can’t tell if this is a joke

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wash bucket posted:

I 'member this Bernie word. It was a word alright.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Mike Turner is like, “tell us about these Russian security threats, we’d like to know about how to join them and use it to our benefit in the election.”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

So something is going down

is turner pro or anti ukraine? i could see him trying to push this out to force johnsons hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TrashMammal posted:

ah, yeah, born and bred charlestonian here. get that feeling of futility. solved it for myself by leaving and never looking back

I moved here from Florida to be closer to my family and help them out as they get into their prime presidential candidate years. I bought a house near them recently so I'm probably not going anywhere for a while.

SC is dumb as gently caress but at least it's not insane and dumb as gently caress like FL is lmao

bird food bathtub posted:

Sorry, you're an Old now. Just turn on NPR in your car and start being very concerned about the state of your lawn.

NPR sucks now lol