Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ninurta posted:

Well, at least you got Cull. I got...bull?

Back to the collection mines with me.

Semi-regular thread reminder that opening on a 1/4 week with fewer than 4 Keys is a bad idea and a worse value. Skip weeks whenever possible so that you can get more 2-4/4 weeks later down the line.

Additionally, even if you have the keys, only open 1/4 Spotlights if the card is a must-have meta staple or you're desperate to play whatever deck it goes in. Gambling for the new card every week on 1/4 cache lots is how the system tricks you into getting fewer cards, which creates pressure to spend more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I was saving up for Galactos, Zabu and Thanos and i got them all in 1 so i don't know what i'm going to do with my keys now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've been burning keys as I get them since I'm so new that every spotlight has 3 new cards for me. Even when I don't hit the real good stuff filling out my collection has been worthwhile.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CJ posted:

I was saving up for Galactos, Zabu and Thanos and i got them all in 1 so i don't know what i'm going to do with my keys now.

Horde them until something important comes along. Sooner or later, we'll get another pair of weeks like back in Nov. when Nico and WWBN dropped back to back and you might need the full 8 keys to nab both essential cards.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've been burning keys as I get them since I'm so new that every spotlight has 3 new cards for me. Even when I don't hit the real good stuff filling out my collection has been worthwhile.

Well, you're not losing any value doing it, but if almost every week is a 4/4 then you might have more fun looking at the release schedule and planning to open on weeks where the cards give you access to decks you want to play.

Either way, though, you're not losing any currency doing it the way you're doing it, so if you enjoy it more then go nuts.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 14, 2024

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Got Thanos on my third key (fine, my mystery card was GM who I already had and the consolation tokens let me buy Blob in the shop). One key left - do I want Cull?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I've been saving up for Corvis and Proxima; I feel like they're both going to be solid discard additions I'll regret not getting later if I don't pull for them now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

psychopomp posted:

Got Thanos on my third key (fine, my mystery card was GM who I already had and the consolation tokens let me buy Blob in the shop). One key left - do I want Cull?
If it’s guaranteed, why not

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I’d be amazed if those datamined Thunderbolts cards for April don’t get changed, but since little else interests me (maybe Cannonball, even if he’ll probably be bad) I’mma keep hoarding keys just in case they’re sick enough to drop White Widow as is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

double negative posted:

I’d be amazed if those datamined Thunderbolts cards for April don’t get changed, but since little else interests me (maybe Cannonball, even if he’ll probably be bad) I’mma keep hoarding keys just in case they’re sick enough to drop White Widow as is.

It’s an incredibly safe bet that the cards from April will be changed, with White Widow being chief among them. I can see Zemo staying as is. Maybe Red Guardian.

The accidental text change to Yondu yesterday (destroy lowest cost card in your opponent’s deck) was theorized to be from an April build because that Yondu is objectively worse, but has direct synergy with Zemo. So.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is there any reason why yondu destroying wolverine/x23 etc doesn’t trigger their effects?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

icantfindaname posted:

Is there any reason why yondu destroying wolverine/x23 etc doesn’t trigger their effects?

All I can figure is because it's being done while the card is in your deck, not your hand or in play.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

I think it's because they're not in hand/play yet, so their card text is effectively blank

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

icantfindaname posted:

What others have said, the card isn’t “on” until it’s in your hand or on board. Same reason Lamentis doesn’t spawn out your X23 and Wolverines.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Lamentis triggers Death though for whatever reason...

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Because there are still 'cards' being destroyed, the game just doesn't care what's written on them.

Edit: actually it must care about their power (and maybe cost?) because otherwise Knull wouldn't get buffed. So maybe it's just ability text that isn't read.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

Lamentis triggers Death though for whatever reason...

Yeah, as does Yondu. The Wolvie/X-23 Triggers aren't consistent with Death, for some reason.

Based on their card text, they should jump out, since they doesn't specify only Hand or In Play.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

victorious posted:

Because there are still 'cards' being destroyed, the game just doesn't care what's written on them.

Edit: actually it must care about their power (and maybe cost?) because otherwise Knull wouldn't get buffed. So maybe it's just ability text that isn't read.

Look at Blob. The cards still exist with stats (cost, power) but it isn’t “active” yet.

Does a Blob that eats a Knull in the deck get the power of the Knull…?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Can someone run down for me the list of what order cards get revealed in when there are MUTLIPLE "Reveal at end of game" conditions?

I just found out that Dark Dimension "supersedes" Super Giant. I.e., the cards "hidden" by Super Giant will reveal before those on Dark Dimension. I THINK Invisible Woman works the same way, that is, her cards also reveal before Dark Dimension.

But I've yet to have IW and SG interact, so that's up in the air.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Can someone run down for me the list of what order cards get revealed in when there are MUTLIPLE "Reveal at end of game" conditions?

I just found out that Dark Dimension "supersedes" Super Giant. I.e., the cards "hidden" by Super Giant will reveal before those on Dark Dimension. I THINK Invisible Woman works the same way, that is, her cards also reveal before Dark Dimension.

The fact that SD themselves haven’t released this info somewhere is hosed but, I do know Dracula is the very last trigger in the game

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

The fact that SD themselves haven’t released this info somewhere is hosed but, I do know Dracula is the very last trigger in the game

And because of his timing, he can't be Shang Chi'd.

Don't forget that the last action by Dracula is a discard, which can create multiple game effects. (Morbius pump, creation of Ebony Blade, Wolverine/X-23 drop, Apocalypse pump, etc.)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Look at Blob. The cards still exist with stats (cost, power) but it isn’t “active” yet.

Does a Blob that eats a Knull in the deck get the power of the Knull…?

Yeah that's what I said, power definitely exists in deck, and cost must also because otherwise 'draw 1 cost cards' wouldn't work.

I suspect Blob eating Knull would add 0 because Knull gets his power from his Ongoing text, which most likely isn't active until he's in hand.

Edit: Actually, Sauron complicates this because he removes card text from cards in the deck. So either card text does exist in deck, or that is actually only happening once they leave the deck and the game checks if Sauron has been played...

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't think Supergiant, Invisible Woman, or Dark Demenion "supersede" any of the others. They should follow the basic End of Game ordering where cards Reveal in the order they were played, with whoever had Priority on the last turn Revealing all of their cards first, followed by the other player.

So, if you played a card under Supergiant on T5, and then played however many cards into DD on T6, the Supergiant card will flip first. If you played those game DD cards on T2, then those should flip first.

But keep in mind that these are different from the "At the end of the game" text used by Cap. Marvel and Drac, both of which trigger after "until the game ends" text used by SG, IW, and DD.

The order of operations should be,

1. End of Game Phase
2. Until the game ends effects trigger for each player, with whoever had priority on the final time going first, and the triggers occurring in play/reveal order.
3. At the end of the game effects trigger for each player, with the triggers occurring in play/reveal order. (I.e. always play your Capt. Marvel after their Drac!)

Edit: it is possible SG's effect adds a new item to that list since her effect is an On Reveal where DD and IW aren't. I haven't tested it personally, but it wouldn't shock me, given Second Dinner's soupy mess of mechanics and coding.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 14, 2024

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

This might be the most boring “balanced” meta there has been. It’s literally just zabu marvel and chang in every deck and then hope your big stats are higher. No room for fun or off meta fuckery.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Capt marvel still acts earlier than Dracula no matter what iirc

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fate Accomplice posted:

I think it's because they're not in hand/play yet, so their card text is effectively blank

Counterpoint: mbaku/Angel

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

IllusionistTrixie posted:

This might be the most boring “balanced” meta there has been. It’s literally just zabu marvel and chang in every deck and then hope your big stats are higher. No room for fun or off meta fuckery.

the secret to having fun right now and forever is to play quake or legion to gently caress around with locations

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm having fun with Move but I really just enjoy watching cards fly around everywhere. Silk is especially good for this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

It’s an incredibly safe bet that the cards from April will be changed, with White Widow being chief among them. I can see Zemo staying as is. Maybe Red Guardian.

The accidental text change to Yondu yesterday (destroy lowest cost card in your opponent’s deck) was theorized to be from an April build because that Yondu is objectively worse, but has direct synergy with Zemo. So.
Red Hulk seems super busted right now

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I can't find a setting to make it do this so I'm going to say minorly irritating glitch, but my collection is single file now.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I've had that happen sporadically over the last few days.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, it should go away on its own, I had the same thing happen.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think this can be characterized by the last two card releases as well. Supergiant, a weirdly technical card that can allow for some unfathomable bullshit, is actively worse than Cull Obsidian, because Cull Obsidian is just a big stat stick. That is as boring as it gets.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Nikumatic posted:

the secret to having fun right now and forever is to play quake or legion to gently caress around with locations

This is the way.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'm starting to see Cosmo and Leech everywhere, FWIW

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Leech has been around for a good bit now, since he was pretty prevalent when InSheNaut became a thing

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Hand discard Dracula does pretty good against Leech, people always underestimate how much power you can put out on T6 with that deck, and if he leeches your Infinaut/Destroyer, you're golden

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

xarph posted:

This is the way.

Put Magik in there for the rug pull

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Finally hit Infinite after the hardest slog through the 90s I've ever had. 70s and 80s took a day each, then I was stuck at 93 (yo-yo-ing between 89 and 95) for five days before finally doing 94-100 in less than a day. Played Shuri/Annihilus up to 90, then Destroy for the final push with all the extra infinity stones around from the hot location. Time to delete all my meta decks and play random combos for the rest of the month.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
God I hope they nerf HE decks soon. They're incredibly unfun to play against- I feel like unlike other decks, to neutralize a HE deck you need to cover a lot of avenues at once.

With other decks I've come across (e.g. Destroy), they're completely wrecked if the opponent has one or two counters (e.g. say, a Cosmo and Armor). HE has such good synergy with cards that every chucklefuck is going to have it's infuriating to see those dumb gold bubbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Synonymous posted:

God I hope they nerf HE decks soon. They're incredibly unfun to play against- I feel like unlike other decks, to neutralize a HE deck you need to cover a lot of avenues at once.

With other decks I've come across (e.g. Destroy), they're completely wrecked if the opponent has one or two counters (e.g. say, a Cosmo and Armor). HE has such good synergy with cards that every chucklefuck is going to have it's infuriating to see those dumb gold bubbles.

Run luke cage?