Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not really, since the numbers already went up before the story starts. It's mostly a comedy about someone with no social skills but maxed stats because she spent her entire childhood grinding monsters.

Unlike I'm thinking of something else; I'm not watching it either but I think I read the manga a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No that's level 99 villainess. Level 999 is a bog standard fantasy go to dungeon grind for loot story from what little I've heard about it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The names are very similar!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One's about a tank and is boring, one's about a lady and is funny. If you use more of the drat title there's no confusion.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

yea the lv99 one.

was lacking for an episode or two, but this week's is a good one with a decent punchline, felt like a good little contained arc in one go.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kwyndig posted:

One's about a tank and is boring, one's about a lady and is funny. If you use more of the drat title there's no confusion.

If one was about getting reincarnated as a tank with treads and a gun in a medieval setting it could be fun.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Villainess Lv 99 is good; as others have said the leveling is already done, so it’s basically a slice of life/comedy about a musclehead with no social skills trying to deal with other people who are (rightfully) wary of her.

The Ultimate Tank is pretty meh, or at least the manga was. It’s a more typical power fantasy where the MC is already super strong but just continues to get stronger, all for the sake of his sick little sister. While it’s probably not awful, the manga was so bland that I’d be hard pressed to give the anime a try, even as filler.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

If one was about getting reincarnated as a tank with treads and a gun in a medieval setting it could be fun.

Reincarnated as Tank but it's as an Anzio tank in GuP

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
it doesnt help they seem to be screening on the same day

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spookydonut posted:

it doesnt help they seem to be screening on the same day

Except they don't at least based on when CR puts out the episodes.

Kwyndig posted:

No that's level 99 villainess. Level 999 is a bog standard fantasy go to dungeon grind for loot story from what little I've heard about it.

Strictly speaking neither is level 999 since they had to make the tank one 9999 because number go up.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 14, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: missed an entire page

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Right I can't remember all the details about lovely number go up anime.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nemo2342 posted:

The Ultimate Tank is pretty meh, or at least the manga was. It’s a more typical power fantasy where the MC is already super strong but just continues to get stronger, all for the sake of his sick little sister. While it’s probably not awful, the manga was so bland that I’d be hard pressed to give the anime a try, even as filler.

It's also one of those "I was fired from the Hero's party but then I discovered I had a secret power which is completely OP" fantasies, and everyone has RPG game stats.
It also has some dungeon management game elements going on, which I haven't seen before. So not only does he have to level up his own powers and his own party but now he has to level up the dungeon he's in control of so it'll generate new and bigger monsters to keep the town's economy growing

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's also one of those "I was fired from the Hero's party but then I discovered I had a secret power which is completely OP" fantasies, and everyone has RPG game stats.
It also has some dungeon management game elements going on, which I haven't seen before. So not only does he have to level up his own powers and his own party but now he has to level up the dungeon he's in control of so it'll generate new and bigger monsters to keep the town's economy growing

I wish they actually did anything interesting with that mechanic, but the manga just has him cheese it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Oh no, not Doctor Elise having a dance scene that’s EXTRA lovely, especially in comparison to 7th Time Loop, the other reincarnation anime.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is Doctor Elise actually good or is it patient needs mouse bites to live level of medical drama? It's a bit late in the season to add a whole show but I can put it on my backlog if it's good. I actually watch shows on my backlog, just not with the same intensity as new releases.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Kwyndig posted:

Is Doctor Elise actually good or is it patient needs mouse bites to live level of medical drama? It's a bit late in the season to add a whole show but I can put it on my backlog if it's good. I actually watch shows on my backlog, just not with the same intensity as new releases.

The medicine, once it gets to it, is pretty cool. It feels like a mixture of modern methodology with rudimentary materials of the past. Not gory at all, if you're expecting guts or something. If it follows the manwha, the story gets better and the cases get even more interesting.

But don't expect it to be a pretty anime. It's weird; sometimes the bones of the anime, so to speak, look great. Other times, like the dance scene I mentioned above, they REALLY cheap out on animation.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pan Dulce posted:

The medicine, once it gets to it, is pretty cool. It feels like a mixture of modern methodology with rudimentary materials of the past. Not gory at all, if you're expecting guts or something. If it follows the manwha, the story gets better and the cases get even more interesting.

Yeah they play the medicine angle pretty straight, it's set in a Napoleonic/pre-Industrial era where medical science is fairly well advanced but still a long way short of the modern era so she can pull off some fairly complicated surgeries and the other doctors are astonished but not completely bewildered. She comes across as a medical genius and not a wizard with godly powers

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh no, not Doctor Elise having a dance scene that’s EXTRA lovely, especially in comparison to 7th Time Loop, the other reincarnation anime.

Frieren also had a dance scene recently where the animators were straight up showing off, lol.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Well she's not Dancer Elise.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i like that her handwriting is terrible, and i'm like 'yes she is a doctor'

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

didn't care that the dance scene in Elise was bad, lol its just the frame bobbing up and down.
Since it wasn't a highlight like the big flex in Frieren where it was the highlight of the episode.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

But don't expect it to be a pretty anime. It's weird; sometimes the bones of the anime, so to speak, look great. Other times, like the dance scene I mentioned above, they REALLY cheap out on animation.

Haha yeah theres a few ones this season that just yank me right out with how janky the animation is. Level 99 Villainess' lousy with poor cgi everywhere

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/XBusiness/status/1757566794171117868?t=e9J2jS2q1liJfDeol-VbRw&s=19

Twitter is now anime hosting and that sounds like a terrible idea.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i watched the first two episodes of elise. does she ever stop being so incredibly meek?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Oh my God I think we're about to have a new undisputed champion of "worst anime streaming platform", Twitter video is dogshit

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thank God for the people who want to actually want to watch the show it'll be on Crunchyroll.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i watched the first two episodes of elise. does she ever stop being so incredibly meek?

Never

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh. guess it's not for me, then.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't know if meek is the right word. She never stops being way too nice and polite but she's also very assertive when it comes to actually treating people.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Synthbuttrange posted:

Level 99 Villainess' lousy with poor cgi everywhere

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if you can’t get enough of bad cgi and generally low stakes isekai fluff, lvl99 villainess will hit the spot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think I'm gonna drop Metallic Rouge from a weekly watch and catch up when it finishes. It's halfway between an episodic and a serialized story and isn't doing particularly well at either. It has its positives, sure, but a lot of the execution feels incredibly sloppy. I thought some of the abrupt cuts might have been a stylistic choice but now I think it's just bad editing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Delicious in Dungeon is so delightful. Thanks goons for hyping that up and making me watch it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cant cook creole bream posted:

Delicious in Dungeon is so delightful. Thanks goons for hyping that up and making me watch it.

this week is so good

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

all caught up on Bravern up to episode 6 and I dunno where this train is going but I’ve got my ticket punched for the end of the line

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

losing bit of interest in Fluffy Paradise.
Weakest Tamer going up in pts.

need to catch up on Isura and trying to catch up Daigo alll the way from ep5 from last season

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I randomly decided to run through Sasaki and Peeps and I'm struck by two things
1) They keep adding new types of anime to this anime and I'm not sure why. And for some reason I like it better as a genre mashup than I did Recreators

2) why do the action parts look so weirdly bad

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i appreciate that he just tldr's the isekai land portion because I don't really care about that side after he solves one or two minor problems there.

Weakest Tamer 06
uh oh
Ivy is being happy...time for the rug to be pulled from under her :(

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 17, 2024

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

i appreciate that he just tldr's the isekai land portion because I don't really care about that side after he solves one or two minor problems there.

Weakest Tamer 06
uh oh
Ivy is being happy...time for the rug to be pulled from under her :(

The emotional suffering of this series is on a different level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GateOfD posted:

trying to catch up Daigo alll the way from ep5 from last season

If you skip the OP and ED and the episode recaps the episodes are only 15 minutes long so you'll fly through them :v: