Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jonas Gray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Sammy Morris was a cool AFC East special teams dude.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Sammy Knight was a guy

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

He was late to one meeting

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cordy Glenn

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The butcher of indianapolis

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Playing a fun game with myself where I try to remember the picks from the Millen era Lions who weren't first-round busts. Besides Megatron all I can think of are Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola (and Ernie Sims who I already mentioned).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Playing a fun game with myself where I try to remember the picks from the Millen era Lions who weren't first-round busts. Besides Megatron all I can think of are Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola (and Ernie Sims who I already mentioned).

Who was that white defensive end who used to wear contact lenses and talk like a pro wrestler on the field? Was he a Millen guy?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you want to watch 10 minutes of a guy following blockers in 22. He had more broken tackles then I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDyRUVZf7LE

C-Euro posted:

Cory Redding was pretty solid right? Like no star, but clearly a dude you'd be happy with as long as you didn't draft him in the top 10.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sage Rosenfels

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Who was that white defensive end who used to wear contact lenses and talk like a pro wrestler on the field? Was he a Millen guy?

Kyle VandenBosch! He was a FA who followed Jim Schwartz over from the Titans. Was briefly The Culture Shift Guy on the roster until the amount of draft capital we spent on that line pushed him into irrelevancy. I remember liking him.

Kalli posted:

Cory Redding was pretty solid right? Like no star, but clearly a dude you'd be happy with as long as you didn't draft him in the top 10.

Probably, but I absolutely do not remember who that person is. TBH this would probably be an easier exercise with the mediocre picks from the Mayhew era of Detroit.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Gus Frerotte

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Terrance McGee. An undersized but good corner who eventually succumbed to a bad case of perpetually injured.

Tim Anderson. A bad DT.

Coy Wire. A box safety who was really bad in coverage.
He was good on special teams. Apparently went to the Falcons after being released on an injury settlement after five years with the Bills and is a sports reporter for CNN now?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Todd Collins

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bill Gramatica

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gus Frerotte

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Kyle VandenBosch! He was a FA who followed Jim Schwartz over from the Titans. Was briefly The Culture Shift Guy on the roster until the amount of draft capital we spent on that line pushed him into irrelevancy. I remember liking him.

Probably, but I absolutely do not remember who that person is. TBH this would probably be an easier exercise with the mediocre picks from the Mayhew era of Detroit.

That's right! IIRC He retired cause Gronk broke his neck.

I remember Gary Barnidge who was good for like 4 games as a panther and one year as a brown

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Peyton Hillis

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Kirios posted:

Peyton Hillis

Josh McDaniels’ wife.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Corey Dillon. Mostly because the last time my high school had a good football team he was on it. It turned pretty firmly in to a basktball school by the time I went there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tomb Raidy

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

that one gay dude that went to canada

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Steve Breaston

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Forrest on Fire posted:

Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Aka Law Firm

Fat Jesus posted:

that one gay dude that went to canada

Michael Sam

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Devin Aromashodu

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Beanie Wells

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
David Johnson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trindon Holiday

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Brad Pyatt

His only highlight was a 90~ yard kickoff where he was tackled short of the goal line that basically sparked the crazy Colts comeback against the Bucs in 2003.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Olandis Gary

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Andrew Walter.

His Wikipedia picture amuses me for a bad Raiders QB from the mid-00s:

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Chris Hovan

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Darrin Chiavarini

Kevin Johnson

Courtney Brown

Nick Spegal

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Marcus Cooper

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Brian Hartline
Devone Bess
Derek Hagan
Roger Lewis

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

LenDale White

But lest we forget: Ron Dayne

Black Lighter fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 15, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Weebly posted:

Kevin Johnson

The one the Texans inexplicably took ahead of Marcus Peters? Or a different one?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Drew Stanton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Moran Norris