Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lets go Pens. Please lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Playing Ludvig over PoJ is insanely loving stupid.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the powerplay continues to give up better chances than they generate and nothing changes

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the powerplay continues to give up better chances than they generate and nothing changes

Sure they have! They split Sid and Geno up! Taking 2 of your most talented players away from each other is sure to work!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This game is gonna get dumb

why must the Panthers be such unceasing shitheads

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Because it’s fun.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Because it’s fun.

didn't seem like much for them when their leading scorer had to sit out a must-win cup final game with a broken sternum

that's what "playing physical" invites on your team
it doesn't set a tone, it just gives nothing players on the other team free reign to wreck your good players

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

This game is gonna get dumb

cats ftw

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Just like they drew it up?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

didn't seem like much for them when their leading scorer had to sit out a must-win cup final game with a broken sternum

that's what "playing physical" invites on your team
it doesn't set a tone, it just gives nothing players on the other team free reign to wreck your good players

3 games from winning the whole thing vs barely cracking the playoffs when we had just skilled players and no toughness. If they thought it was the wrong path to go down last year, they’re showing it in a funny way.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Fantastic defensive responsibility from Rust.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Crosby had a wide open net there and passed it back to center

and then 2 goals against immediately

Dubas
please
I'm begging you

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

3 games from winning the whole thing vs barely cracking the playoffs when we had just skilled players and no toughness. If they thought it was the wrong path to go down last year, they’re showing it in a funny way.

Yeah fantastic grit to go from .900 to .915 goaltending.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Yeah fantastic grit to go from .900 to .915 goaltending.

In the time it took you to post that, we scored twice.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

they wouldn't be the first team to take the wrong lesson from a successful season (last season they were near bottom of the league in hits, this season they're near the top)

and chasing hits is not a winning strategy, especially not during the regular season
that's a rookie team mistake that gets half your team busted before you make the post-season

I'll eat my crow if they end up going the distance but tough-guy teams just haven't since like 2011
it's chasing a dead trend

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Golly this is the sort of game that should get some people traded/fired

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'll eat my crow if they end up going the distance but tough-guy teams just haven't since like 2011
it's chasing a dead trend

I don’t think anyone in the fanbase really thinks we’re some kind of powerhouse team that will be the new Bolts or something, but we want consistent playoff appearances and having fun along the way. We’ll see how conditioning is in the push this year and take it from there, but I don’t think they’re forgoing talent for going too hard on hits (hell it’s really only one or two players that relish that, and one of those people is hated by the fanbase anyway) and I think so far tonight is a pretty good example of the team right now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t think anyone in the fanbase really thinks we’re some kind of powerhouse team that will be the new Bolts or something, but we want consistent playoff appearances and having fun along the way. We’ll see how conditioning is in the push this year and take it from there, but I don’t think they’re forgoing talent for going too hard on hits (hell it’s really only one or two players that relish that, and one of those people is hated by the fanbase anyway) and I think so far tonight is a pretty good example of the team right now.

I only voice my concern as a fan of the team that was pre-Tkachuk (love Barkov) and whose own team abandoned talented forwards after a back-to-back cup win in the pursuit of "toughness" which lead them into their current... state.

That said as long as they're not lusting after Ryan Reaves I think the panthers are still a far cry off from that level of loving up but the allure is intoxicating to coaches and GMs
always bigger, always tougher until oh poo poo we can't skate anymore

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No chance on that one, Bob

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I am gonna miss the hell out of Guentzel
I hope he goes somewhere good

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

In the time it took you to post that, we scored twice.

Lets go Pens. Please lose.

Great reading you're doing terrific.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry if me having fun that we scored twice in a 30 second period against a team you don’t want to win hurt your feelings somehow.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Extremely lol Pens.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lol that goal

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

:toot: GET IN THE BIN PENGUINS

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

lol :shepicide:

someone suggested I stop watching them and watch a good team instead but I'm too attached to them now. it's too late for me

actually I kind of like the panthers now although I half expect one of them to nearly die every game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

As a Pens fan you are never allowed to like the Panthers due to all the rats.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

As a Pens fan you are never allowed to like the Panthers due to all the rats.

and because of their horseshit indulgence of the Staal brothers they basically helped kill pride jerseys around the NHL

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

and because of their horseshit indulgence of the Staal brothers they basically helped kill pride jerseys around the NHL

Ah, I didn't know that. Never mind!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think that’s a bit unfair, the Staals were shitheads and we’re glad to see them both gone, but they weren’t the first nor last to get pissy about the jerseys and the rest of the team happily wore theirs and the org as a whole has always, and continues to push, Pride night. Other teams cancelled their night outright last season. I know a fair amount of LGBTQ Panthers fans and they’re vocal when unhappy, and none of them seem to have an issue with our org in this aspect.

The NHL can brunt the full weight of that stupid decision by themselves.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

It started with Provorov and Torts lighting torches and Dolan throwing them into the building. Once the Flyers got away with their bullshit it was only a matter of time, but an owner doing it? Yeah you're done.

I stand by holding my grudge over the rats.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol leafs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hey if Giordano can't take his skates on and off without pain just stop loving playing him maybe?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Obviously you don’t want to give away clean breaks, but it is notable to me how Samsonov is always an open net on breakaways, like on average goalies save 2/3 of those kinds of chances and he might as well be automatic

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah that's probably it for Wheeler this season. Yikes.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jake Evans scoring in back-to-back games feels illegal.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers have lost every single puck battle this game lol

What a garbage first period, you gotta be able to make some passes or win some puck s every once and awhile

Montreal just plays a standard conservative defense and rangers don't know what to do

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Beautiful goal by Bo Byram

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Zibanejad passing up a shot to try to make an impossible pass to Kreider who wasn't driving the net anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tavares probably should’ve stayed out sick tbh