Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

they removed the Iranian state media account's gold check yesterday lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao finally got my current Twitter account suspended for hoping the gay matador gets injured

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Uncle Wemus posted:

Imagine Back to the Future but with a cybertruck

you can only go to april 20th 1969 "for the lolz"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao finally got my current Twitter account suspended for hoping the gay matador gets injured

The what now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gorson posted:

Elon and Jon Delorean are the same guy. Stainless steel is not stainless. It corrodes. It picks up every tiny smudge. It's a bad material for body panels and we know this because we figured it out decades ago. At least the Delorean still looks loving cool and can be repaired and improved because it's just a car, in 5 years when the Cybertruk's electronic systems or software shits itself, who is going to be qualified fix it? And at what cost? It's a useless consumer product that has no lifespan.

would be interesting to see the chemical analysis of the stainless. very much doubt he used the good stuff.

did they avoid carbon steel tooling in manufacturing? not a chance.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

there was some fluff story about how there's an openly gay matador in Spain now, and I replied with something to the effect of "who cares if he's gay, I still hope a bull gores him"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao I appealed it and said "got suspended for not liking bullfighting" and they immediately unsuspended it

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

coconono posted:

did my malay weed man get arrested?

The army sided with him and now he's the Weed King IMC I

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

well this is new lmao

"You have reached the limit for seeing posts today. Subscribe to see more posts every day."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao I appealed it and said "got suspended for not liking bullfighting" and they immediately unsuspended it

Lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

OH MY BAD posted:

you can only go to april 20th 1969 "for the lolz"

Rolling up to Hitlers 80th birthday in Agrentina in my cybertruck

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

i thought this was talking about an SA ban for a second

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Spergin Morlock posted:

Seems like it's hard to actually get banned unless you are a posting enemy of one of Musk's groupies. Like you can just cry about cancel culture or whatever and get reinstated.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Spergin Morlock posted:

well this is new lmao

"You have reached the limit for seeing posts today. Subscribe to see more posts every day."

How many unregretted user minutes do you have?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

RealityWarCriminal posted:

would be interesting to see the chemical analysis of the stainless. very much doubt he used the good stuff.

did they avoid carbon steel tooling in manufacturing? not a chance.

The delorean used 304, which is food grade stainless, so the stuff used in kitchens, cafeterias, etc. easy to clean, very rust resistant, etc. Still very much not ideal for use on a vehicle.

The cybertruck uses 301. 301 is cheaper and has less galvanic resistance, with a slightly better impact performance, but the panels are so thick that does not matter. They cheaped out lmao.

https://www.marlinwire.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-301-and-304-stainless-steel-with-regard-to-corrosion-properties

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Karach posted:

How many unregretted user minutes do you have?

I regret every minute I spend on twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i am logged in

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
looking forward to seeing a cybertruck here in MI making the other rusted out cars look amazing by comparison.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am logged in

i never logged out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Heard about a certain wrestler will be driving a Cybertruck to the ring at Wrestle Mania.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a.lo posted:

Heard about a certain wrestler will be driving a Cybertruck to the ring at Wrestle Mania.

brock lesnar was erased from history OP

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

a.lo posted:

Mac McClung gonna dunk over a Cybertruck at the All Star dunk competition

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
How long do the batteries last in these cars before they’re so terrible they can’t maintain a decent charge or distance?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it depends, do you love the car?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Grock make me an image of Herman Cain and Miles holding up today's newspaper

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh look, another thing Putin and Elon align on.

Putin urges Russians to have more kids, says ethnic survival at stake

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Glumwheels posted:

How long do the batteries last in these cars before they’re so terrible they can’t maintain a decent charge or distance?

reports seem to be 5-10 years (if some other issue doesn't total the car before then)

a friend of mine has a 2012-ish model s (he's not a Tesla guy but the kind of nerd that put together his own home solar setup to charge the car and tie back into his house etc) and his apparently is still good for 50-70% of the original range depending on if you need the heat/ac etc

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
And when the batteries die you can recycle them right?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Fascinating, spending so much money on a car and in 5-10 years you’re getting half the range you should be. Then you have to spend $20k or more I guess to install new batteries or get a new car. Very environmentally friendly.

I have no plan to ever get an electric vehicle with batteries.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Glumwheels posted:

Fascinating, spending so much money on a car and in 5-10 years you’re getting half the range you should be. Then you have to spend $20k or more I guess to install new batteries or get a new car. Very environmentally friendly.

I have no plan to ever get an electric vehicle with batteries.

username checks out

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Desert Bus posted:

And when the batteries die you can recycle them right?

yep, you throw them into the ocean (their home) and buy a new car

real talk though, imo most people that buy a tesla are not the kind of person that keeps a car for more than a couple years anyway. teslas are garbage intended to be thrown away after several years, but they're only barely worse than most other new cars, especially new evs

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Feb 16, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I'm going to start a company that uses lithium from used EV batteries to produce meth.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

range degradation over time is user error for not keeping their personal transportation vehicle charged precisely between 30% and 60% always and never driven more than a few thousand miles a year

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
looking at the thread that article linked there's not actually any rust lol, it's just flecks from the factory or transport, and the op was told that they were all rusty as gently caress by his tesla guy??

hitpiece against the saviour of humanity

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Spergin Morlock posted:

I regret every minute I spend on twitter

You mean you regret every minute you spend on the X platform, engaging with your favourite posters and brands

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i never logged out

LOG OFF!!!

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Just making sure I understand, so tesla stock is rising because the company is incorporating in a different state so that the CEO can drain the company of 50 billion dollars, but also there's a significant chance it won't even work because if a shareholder sued again in Texas it'd go to a jury instead of some Delaware business friendly judge?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/mtaibbi/status/1758230628355485979?s=61&t=MwiVngS9F-DTnbB7CvREng

Matt sure got fleas from the dogs he laid down with!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the first amendment doesn't say you can't shadowban somebody :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

imagine talking like that to loving elon musk of all simpering pieces of poo poo what a pathetic slug