Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

PostNouveau posted:

Hmmm they claim it's still releasing in July but it's College Football 2025 :thunk:

Because this will be the 2024-2025 season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I wonder why the coastal areas of Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina favor vinegar-based sauce and the western, mountain regions prefer tomato oriented sauces. I've had great barbecue in SE Virginia, and it's ostensibly an eastern North Carolina style sauce.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/easportscollege/status/1758159742109671874?s=46

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/PantherLair/status/1758131022812565800?ref_src=

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dude went from a G5 head coach to a position coach in the SEC

poo poo is wild

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My 360 finally died a couple of months ago and I decided to retire from video games.

Then yesterday my wife gave me a modded 360 that can run College Football Revamped (which I'd never heard of?). So I'm just going to continue being a weird old man stuck in the past, like those guys who play competitive electric football in hotel conference rooms.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah I've been close to biting the bullet on one of those modded 360s a few times, but the news that we were getting a CFB game put the brakes on that. And then they delayed it a year. I'm so ready for July, but hoping it comes out earlier in that cycle so it doesn't mesh up too poorly with my planned Olympics viewing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'm just assuming that this is going to be a reskinned Madden.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

this is really cool, is there a link where i can purchase the insane sc bbq manifesto

Sure thing: https://destination-bbq.com/scbbq-cookbook/
Also on his web site he maintains the "Interactive South Carolina BBQ Trail Map" which is a Google Maps overlay of all 300+ BBQ joints in the state. There is also a non interactive version but what fun is that? Dude is serious into SC BBQ, but he seems super chill about it being his passion.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

I miss Texas barbecue, it is good. Connecticut barbecue is not good.

there are more than enough brazilians and portuguese in connecticut that this is just false information

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

mcmagic posted:

I'm just assuming that this is going to be a reskinned Madden.

Considering this commercial has only the barest shots of the game and even those are still works in progress, that yes, they're just reskinning Madden. I don't know how they build a football game from scratch and have it ready to ship in about 6 months without borrowing heavily from Madden.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Considering this commercial has only the barest shots of the game and even those are still works in progress, that yes, they're just reskinning Madden. I don't know how they build a football game from scratch and have it ready to ship in about 6 months without borrowing heavily from Madden.

I mean they just reskin Madden every year so why would this be any different

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

At least before I thought Madden and NCAAF games were not just the same game and had some different game mechanics.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

At least before I thought Madden and NCAAF games were not just the same game and had some different game mechanics.

They'll probably have a "career mode" where you walk around a generic campus and do college student things that level up your stats for some reason.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

In the old days, NCAA Football was last year's Madden. Everything I've ever read was that the NCAA team was much smaller and that this arrangement meant that the team had the advantage of the system being more refined than it had been at Madden release. They could then direct resources at further refinements rather than the heavier modifications Madden was making year by year to keep that generation Madden running.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm fairly certain the point of trailer was to show how far they've gotten with legal and did the prerendered shots as a cute response to this game isn't happening talk

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

This is why I'm more excited for Legend Bowl's CFB game - It might be a Legend Bowl reskin, but it'll be a nicely priced reskin instead of a AAAA game price.

Edit: also the college and team names they use to be Legally Distinct will be amusing.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Connecticut has good barbecue, they just call it "abeetz"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm just gonna pop in to say gently caress WVU, those mountaineers suck poo poo

e: NCAA vidya game chat

The old one while it was built with the same graphics engine as Madden at the end, it was not really the same physics model. It was not built on the animations that madden even in 2014 was nearly as much, and the game flat out played faster and the rating scale was completely different from Madden. So while they shared some resources, NCAA was its own dev team and had its own distinct play flavor and operation which is vastly different from madden (i was really loving good at NCAA and could never get the hang of Madden's timing and pace of play).

I do also fear that they will just be importing the madden mechanics, but I sure hope not. They've said they know the actual gameplay needs to feel unique to the game so fingers crossed. The graphics engine is fine to use, its way more about how they implement the physics and play speed to me than a lot of the other bits. That said if they include all the button presses for passing that Madden does now I can't see myself sticking with it cause that shits annoying.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 15, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit that looks like a PS4 game for the last 12 years. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up which they will never do as long as they have the exclusive license.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

mcmagic posted:

Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit that looks like a PS4 game for the last 12 years. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up which they will never do as long as they have the exclusive license.

I need the NFL to let 2K sports revive their franchise. NFL2k-2k5 were loving amazing games

And yes Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit for yeah at least 12 years.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I haven't played Madden in at least six years.

It was Christmas and my then 11 year old nephew was like "Uncle Sash will you play Madden with me." I was up 14-0 after two plays before I remembered that I'm obligated by adult law to hold back.

Now I just do that "maybe later" thing instead of "yes I'm up 35-0 in the first quarter, you're old enough to drive so deal with it."

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sash! posted:

I haven't played Madden in at least six years.

It was Christmas and my then 11 year old nephew was like "Uncle Sash will you play Madden with me." I was up 14-0 after two plays before I remembered that I'm obligated by adult law to hold back.

Now I just do that "maybe later" thing instead of "yes I'm up 35-0 in the first quarter, you're old enough to drive so deal with it."

I haven't played in probably 15 years but my 9 year old son asked me to play a few weeks ago. He quit before the second quarter. Sorry pal, that jet sweep ain't working here.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If they put out a poo poo game they’re going to piss off sooooooo many people.

I used to buy NCAA every other year more or less, tried to get into Madden after it disappeared and Jesus what a mess.

I’ve been jonesin for some console football but I can’t even make myself reinstall whatever old rear end madden I have. It was just plain Not Fun.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If it is the same as this gens madden itll be fine. we arent here for the gameplay, we are here for the recruiting

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
drat

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1758247950294421974?t=Jgi9TaJhRi3e9NTQWYesoQ&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Will the new NCAA game have a Fulmer Cup?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Every few years an LSU player must commit some horrific crime to charge the super gauge so they can win another title.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rules for thee, not for me.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m 100% positive that College Football 25 is going to feature NIL-themed microtransactions.

“Pay real world money to sway this 5 star digital WR into decommitting from Texas Tech! Hit B to purchase the Peyton Manning Overall 99 Superfractor Card for $19.99, now with a transfer portal ability you can use in the College Ultimate Teams mode!”

The money EA is about to make from this, regardless of whether or not it’s a finished, polished product, is going to make their Madden income seem like a drop in the bucket.

The gameplay itself will be absurd AI making impossible plays, inbetween 1 out of every 8 pass attempts turning into a tip drills sideshow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Madden 24 plays perfectly fine except for the occasional glitch.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I've been playing NCAA 2014 modded to the modern season by some people on github and honestly that scratches my itch if NCAA 25 turns out to be doodootrash

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gonz posted:

I’m 100% positive that College Football 25 is going to feature NIL-themed microtransactions.

“Pay real world money to sway this 5 star digital WR into decommitting from Texas Tech! Hit B to purchase the Peyton Manning Overall 99 Superfractor Card for $19.99, now with a transfer portal ability you can use in the College Ultimate Teams mode!”

College Ultimate Team is going to be loving wild and bankrupt some people here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I downloaded the new Madden since it's on GamePass, and woooooooo boy is there a lot of bullshit on the screen at all times. They sure expect you to process a ton of poo poo in between plays. Also it forgot my request to only play offense at halftime and the announcers don't seem to know who is in the lead at any given moment.

And it wants me to set weekly goals for my coaching staff and then that gets me upgrade points so I can upgrade my coaches and poo poo. I dunno man this seems a bit much.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

There was a base football engine that the two teams worked off of and innovations were fed back into. But functionally all new features went to Madden first then flowed into NCAA. Or as least that was true up until the canned the NCAA game.

Source: I worked for EA at the time in the Tiberon studio but not for the Studio itself but corporate EA. It was a thing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PostNouveau posted:

I downloaded the new Madden since it's on GamePass, and woooooooo boy is there a lot of bullshit on the screen at all times. They sure expect you to process a ton of poo poo in between plays. Also it forgot my request to only play offense at halftime and the announcers don't seem to know who is in the lead at any given moment.

And it wants me to set weekly goals for my coaching staff and then that gets me upgrade points so I can upgrade my coaches and poo poo. I dunno man this seems a bit much.

Does it still have that momentum mechanic where it goes shakeycam because you allowed a TD while up 30?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does it still have that momentum mechanic where it goes shakeycam because you allowed a TD while up 30?

I dunno I'm playing as Derek Carr and I keep throwing picks so I have yet to be up by 30

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno I'm playing as Derek Carr and I keep throwing picks so I have yet to be up by 30

If it’s in the game. It’s in the game.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
UK’s new offensive coordinator had his first press conference today. I just hope Hamdan sticks around for a couple of years. We really need some consistency at OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
EA’s t-shirt saying “the game will, in fact, be out this summer” is raising questions already answered by the t-shirt.