Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman just reading dril tweets as a promo has gotten me to agree with everyone saying he can't promo. It's just hack and sad. Like the cowboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's a terminally online freak, like his fans

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:ironicat:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I love everything about Eddie Kingston, including the fact that he (and his gear) look like crap and all his offense looks like stuff Dan Hibiki would use. A big whirlwind wind-up to one of the shittiest chops you've ever seen.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i don't think a wrestlers gimmick should be "i have depression". i also have that but you don't see me yelliong about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i don't think a wrestlers gimmick should be "i have depression". i also have that but you don't see me yelliong about it.

Where's your mustache, it might change things

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman just reading dril tweets as a promo has gotten me to agree with everyone saying he can't promo. It's just hack and sad. Like the cowboy.

i do think its funny that hangman came out looking like a huge crybaby loser and everyone booed him lol

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Idk if im supposed to be cheering for Hangman or Swerve at this point.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pretty obvious its swerve unless you're a dubmass

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s always been swerve

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

*Hears the increasingly loud crowd reactions for Swerve* Am I supposed to be cheering this guy or what???

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

cheer for whoever you like better its a whole new world you need to follow your heart

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

*Hears the increasingly loud crowd reactions for Swerve* Am I supposed to be cheering this guy or what???

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

neoaxd posted:

cheer for whoever you like better its a whole new world you need to follow your heart

This is the correct take. You should definitely be cheering for Swerve because he rules, but also why the gently caress would anyone ask who to cheer for? Just cheer or boo to whoever the hell you want.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

neoaxd posted:

More post modern “Death of the Booker” dreck

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Swerve is the babyface in this story but I would forgive you if you were confused since he broke into a dude's house and talked at his empty crib and the only accounting there's been for that in story is he went "ah y'know, it's just one of those things."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm cheering because of what he did to the baby. I'm not confused.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Samoa Joe deserves your support as well because he's huge and has huge guts

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

AEW storytelling is so bad you don't know if they are heel or face

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Swerve yelled at an actual baby but he also killed another, bigger baby(Nick Wayne) and the biggest baby(Hangman) making him a good guy because the two rights cancel the one wrong.

You'd have to be a dummy idiot to think they want you to cheer the guy who refused to extend the match 5 minutes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He's my scumbag

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm cheering because of what he did to the baby. I'm not confused.

Correct. Hangman and his wife abandoned their baby, and Swerve broke into their house so he could care for it. Swerve has always been the face in this feud.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hangman thinks Swerve is so cool he drank his blood. Everyone loves Swerve

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

At this point it's a story of three sickos who like to hurt people and you know what I'm just gonna cheer all three.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I am an enlightened wrestling enjoyer who doesn't need the clichéd "heels" and "babyfaces" to be clearly defined in order to have a good time. I do not get confused when a "heel" does something "good" or when a "babyface" does something "bad"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just really hate kids and root for the people who do too

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hangman’s running around being weird and manic and making dramatic excuses for everything and people are confused on what his affiliation is?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While it'd be nice to have something to explain away Swerve breaking into Page's house it is nice the Tony saw the massive cheers Swerve was getting and pivoted him to babyface. Trying to force him back into being a heel would have been a big error

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While it'd be nice to have something to explain away Swerve breaking into Page's house it is nice the Tony saw the massive cheers Swerve was getting and pivoted him to babyface. Trying to force him back into being a heel would have been a big error

This is the same thinking that killed MJF

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Taxman posted:

I wrote a whole-rear end column on what killed MJF. Clearly delineating the moment of his babyface turn is not what killed MJF.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Taxman posted:

Nah, Swerve is a dude who can work face convincingly. MJF is just very much in that category of "do not ever turn this person because you're losing everything that makes them work". Jay White is a similar example.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MJeff posted:

I wrote a whole-rear end column on what killed MJF. Clearly delineating the moment of his babyface turn is not what killed MJF.

Turning babyface killed MJF :colbert:

also I read the article, it was good!

E: I just don't think that Swerve needs to actively try to play to the crowd and poo poo; he can wrestle from the bottom and beat scumbags, but please don't ever make him give gladhanding promos

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 16, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJF's problem wasn't that he turned face - if he fully turned in fall of 2022 during the Mox chase he would of been a great face. It's just that being paired with Cole and turning face ramped up the cheese factor way to high

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJF booking his own stories and creating the suckiest-rear end NXT level main event scene is what killed him and almost the promotion

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

MJF booking his own stories and creating the suckiest-rear end NXT level main event scene is what killed him and almost the promotion

I agree

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJF's desperate need for acceptance (in character and maybe also in reality) made him a dumbass dork of a face and he wasn't as funny as Cody booking himself was to make up for it. Swerve is getting cheered by the audience but his motivations are ultimately still selfish instead of "Aw shucks you guys really like me"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't agree that it almost killed the promotion but it def cooled off the main event scene. The dude just doesn't understand what people liked about aew and was trying to make it more like WWE. Ew no thanks

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
I cheered Swerve more when he broke into Hangman’s house.

I hope he stomps Hangman’s baby to deafening cheers and thundering applause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

STONE COLD 64 posted:

an aew hell factoid nobody here wants to know about eddie kingston and baron corbin from wwe became friends in the last two years mostly over bbq recipes and football

Have em tag as ‘peak male performance’