Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Why yes, when it comes to opposing a fascist dictator, the interests of one's foreign and political opposition are aligned in that very specific instance because the dictator wants to severely punish all of them.

Edit: I'm really not trying to make bad page snipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eh, it's a reasonable cartoony version of a Ticonderoga class missile cruiser.

Given how lazy most of these artists are, I was thrown off by how detailed that fucker was

For comparison-

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

axolotl farmer posted:

:patriot:Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling :patriot:

US liberals and leftist could actually take a hint from this.

It's probably worth noting here, for anyone that's confused, that Bolling is almost certainly using the modern US English definition of "liberal" as it is generally used in our media, etc. That is, "any person left of center", just as "conservative" just means "anyone right of center". (What a lot of online leftists call a "liberal" would generally be called a "left-leaning moderate" or "centrist" in this case.) Or, if it helps visualize it, what Rush Limbaugh was talking about when he was whining about liberals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paingod556 posted:

Given how lazy most of these artists are, I was thrown off by how detailed that fucker was

For comparison-

Ramirez loves drawing military hardware and aircraft and puts a lot of effort into it. Not saying you gotta hand it to him (you don't), but it makes a change from the usual lazy hacks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Islamic Shock posted:

Why yes, when it comes to opposing a fascist dictator, the interests of one's foreign and political opposition are aligned in that very specific instance because the dictator wants to severely punish all of them.

Edit: I'm really not trying to make bad page snipes

I don't think the cartoon is actually correct to begin with? Several leaders around the world have come out and said that they would prefer Trump getting elected.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

escapegoat posted:

A selection from the past few weeks.

Oh, I know he's always been posting his vile poo poo, but usually he gave it a veneer of "The mean ol Hamas is FORCING us to do this" while this was just straight up him admitting "When I say Hamas needs to be eradicated, I actually just mean the people of Gaza."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on food prices falling, although inflation remains stuck at 4% – Rising gas and electricity prices continue to weigh heavily on the cost of living"

Telegraph:

Rachel Reeves defends Labour vetting in anti-Semitism row

Matt:

Sussexes 'won't be stopped' from using coat of arms in regal rebrand

Independent:

Times:

‘Gaza George’ Galloway becomes Rochdale by-election frontrunner

Evening Standard:

'Rishi's recession': Blow to Sunak's key election pledge as Britain slips into negative growth

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ramirez loves drawing military hardware and aircraft and puts a lot of effort into it. Not saying you gotta hand it to him (you don't), but it makes a change from the usual lazy hacks.

I love when he draws an airplane with a fivehead

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Randalor posted:

Oh, I know he's always been posting his vile poo poo, but usually he gave it a veneer of "The mean ol Hamas is FORCING us to do this" while this was just straight up him admitting "When I say Hamas needs to be eradicated, I actually just mean the people of Gaza."

Not even just that, but "the only reason any of us say anything else is because we want people to think of us as the good guys".

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Braddon is the suburb in Canberra which Barnaby Joyce lay on the pavement on his phone, Taylor Swift on Australian tour.

Rowe:

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese engaged to partner Jodie Haydon (ABC).

Golding:

Wilcox:

One-third of Australian children can't read properly as teaching methods cause 'preventable tragedy', Grattan Institute says (ABC).

Knight:

Tens of thousands still without electricity after largest power outage in Victorian history (SBS). The blackouots are due to storm damage to transmission lines but the usual suspects are trying to spin this as a problem with a shift to renewables.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chris Bowen, energy & climate change minister.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So Barnaby Joyce lay down on the ground. But why?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

DEMOCRAT CONVENTION INVENTIONS
Cartoon published 02/15/2024

Chuck Schumer said Joe Biden was just fine and the Republicans were engaged in hyperbole and conspiracy theory (we’re paraphrasing) when it comes to Joe Biden’s mental acuity.

This will be the Democrats’ strategy when it comes to their rapidly dementing president: They will gaslight their way to Joe’s reelection. Or they will simply outright steal it.

OR…Joe might deteriorate still further and stare blankly into the camera like a frozen deer in the headlights. More like a vegetable in the headlights.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION TO GRRRGRAPHICS, WE ARE SUPPORTER FUNDED, CLICK TO DONATE TODAY!
There are millions of Democrats out there—it seems odd that they are sticking with Sleepy Joe and maybe they aren’t. It looks like Biden’s handlers might decide to switch horses midstream and go for a candidate they might think is more electable. I predict this will happen during the Democrats’ convention. Possible candidates are featured our latest cartoon, some serious and some just fantasy. The Democrats are backed into a corner for 2024, they can run cover with unpopular and hated, Joe Biden, or find a new candidate. They need Biden to get the delegates until Biden becomes the nominee and then the switch will happen.

All President Trump needs to do is point out to the American people the Deep State Agenda, do you want four more years of open borders, inflation and war?

It’s going to be a wild election season. Stay tooned.

— The GrrrTeam

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The Curious Case of Barnaby Joyce Lying in the Street Talking Obscenities on the Phone in the Middle of a Parliamentary Week, a Junior Sleuth Mystery (difficulty one quarter magnifying glass).

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Oh no! not Peace!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Not even Garrison can find anything wrong with Bernie Sanders. AGC.

... Except that loving SHOULDER.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Donald "Bone Spurs" Trump proudly serving in the metaphorical military.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Phil Hands

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Seriously, what the poo poo is this.

Kellies nomination: Worst product placement

Kellies nomination: Worst Overall

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I can't wait for Kirschen to die so we can transition smoothly to what will inevitably turn out to be his somehow even more depraved son or nephew.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He was apparently drunk and yelling at his wife.
Said wife was the staffer he got pregnant while cheating on his (now ex) wife.
At the same time it's believed he had affairs with at least 2 other women, one of whom he was spotted going to an abortion clinic with.

Truly a stellar example of a Deputy Prime Minister

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

I hate this. We knew this one was coming, but this is just flat out saying "Jews are the real Nazis!" There is no 'least' concealment here, and False Equivalence is technically a write in category so...

EDIT:

Byzantine posted:

I can't believe someone compared the brutal nationalist militaristic ethnostate currently conquering territory for livingspace and slaughtering everyone dwelling there to a famous historical example of the same. Th-thats antisemitic!!
I am not in a right state of mind as of late and fell for the conservative party line. The war is a tragedy, the cartoon is competent.

Austin S fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 16, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

idonotlikepeas posted:

Oh I believe in evil, Yaakov.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Austin S posted:

I hate this. We knew this one was coming, but this is just flat out saying "Jews are the real Nazis!" There is no 'least' concealment here, and False Equivalence is technically a write in category so...

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting Cartoon
I'm pretty sure that's the Israeli flag

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

idonotlikepeas posted:

Robert (R.J.) Matson

I actually like this one. It's well made, well composed, not over labeled, gets its message across without treating the reader like a moron. An actual good cartoon.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

idonotlikepeas posted:

Should probably break all ties to the US, y'know, since their university graduates support evil and all that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Austin S posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting Cartoon

Have you never seen a Latuff before, this is one of the more justified ones

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah I'll cop to getting the symbolism mixed up, after the deluge of Branco et al conflating the factions and their desires on purpose.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I swear to god these are getting stupider.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Despite what you'd think, most stores don't even mark down valentine's candy anymore since they know people swoop in and buy it the day after. I saw maybe a 5% markdown last year, even a week later.
So yeah, 50% off would be impressive.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

You'd think the bar couldn't be lower, but then Bok

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Bok" is the sound it makes when your head hits the bar

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Discendo Vox posted:

Political Cartoons 2024: I swear to god, these are getting stupider

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I can't believe someone compared the brutal nationalist militaristic ethnostate currently conquering territory for livingspace and slaughtering everyone dwelling there to a famous historical example of the same. Th-thats antisemitic!!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

Should probably break all ties to the US, y'know, since their university graduates support evil and all that.

He has a degree from a US university. Queens College '61. He probably has a cutoff time from when Americans became "evil" though or everyone he champions would be.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

i mean i guess you can consider that senility but tv remotes have been having buttons to talk into them for like a decade now

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
granted i'd probably look insane if you saw me going "play house MD *pause* PLAY HOUSE MD"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

the_steve posted:

Political Cartoons 2024: I swear to god, these are getting stupider
Seconded.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
thirded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Britain’s ‘technical’ recession – The retrospective detection of an downturn proves a headache for Rishi Sunak"

Telegraph:

Why a Russian nuclear weapon in space could be so devastating

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins: