Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lol that trumq’s only a third of the way to alex jones numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
why do people who seem to have no empathy for anyone else in the world get so angry when just this one single guy loses a court case

some actually behave like it's hurting them personally, but wouldn't care at all when it happens to anybody else

is it all a fake display to demonstrate loyalty, or have they made him into an extension of themselves

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trump is the icon of their nouveau religion. As long as they keep believing Trump is the only source of the real truth, then they are still right. And being proven so wrong at this point, so fooled, would be worse than death. Humiliation. So anything that damages the icon, is a personal attack on themselves, and they react with pain and anger as if they were attacked, in self defense of protecting the lie that they are still right.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Three Olives posted:

This is really good news, we have know for awhile now that if someone is adherent to their anti-retrovirals, either HAART for people living with HIV or PrEP for people not, there is zero chance of transmitting HIV or seroconverting. Basically the primary policy in the US and abroad has been getting people at risk for HIV tested and either on HAART or PrEP and the biggest obstacle to that has been stigma on all sides. Testing and the refusal of people to admit that they are at risk or that they are living with HIV.

This bullshit profoundly harms our most important tool in eliminating HIV. It's ignorant and evil.

I'm completely ignorant on the subject, but because it's a retrovirus we can't immunize against it, right? Or is that the next miracle that mRNA vaccines are going to give us?

I remember being just old enough to understand what was going on when AIDS first became a mainstream thing, and holy cow, people were scared. And now it's,. what, two pills a day with no barely any side effects and you're free and clear?

poo poo on Big Pharma all you want, but when they're not producing hyper-addictive pain-killers, they're producing stuff that would be considered miracles even 50 years ago.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!
$300 million+ fine is a lot but he can probably raid the RNC + have his cultists donate enough to cover that in about 6-8 months so I wouldn't get too hopeful that this will be enough to cause him to face any real consequences.

Any appeal attempts are going to be bullshit but I don't doubt that even with his mediocre lawyers he'll be able to avoid paying out on that for years given how far they were able to stretch things with basically NOTHING factual or sensible.

Supposedly he got over $700 million in 2020 for his campaign for reference.

So this will probably make a dent in his and the ability of the RNC to campaign effectively, which is good, but I really doubt its sufficient on its own to be a game changer there either.

Would love to be wrong on this of course but the guilty verdicts for the criminal cases against him are what I'm really jonesing for.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

So this will probably make a dent in his and the ability of the RNC to campaign effectively, which is good, but I really doubt its sufficient on its own to be a game changer there either.

The RNC just had their worst fundraising year since 1993 lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"If Donald "TRUMP" can't get away with $cammin', who can!?" slowly, neutrally ponders man famously busted for $cammin'

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It won’t last much longer

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Does GoFundMe have any guard rails in place to stop people from creating official-looking email addresses and verification when poo poo like this happens? Because grifters looking to make money off of the Trump grievance crowd are looking to strike now (more than usual....maybe he'll have a WITCH HUNT-themed NFT coming out soon. If there isn't one of Engoron shirtless and jacked I'll be disappointed).

Edit: it took me longer than 3 minutes to write this so I didn't get to see Mr Ice Cream Glove's response

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 17, 2024

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

kazil posted:

I wonder if anyone has done a wellness check on catturd

Ahahaha no because he has no one who loves his stupid rear end

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

$300 million+ fine is a lot but he can probably raid the RNC + have his cultists donate enough to cover that in about 6-8 months so I wouldn't get too hopeful that this will be enough to cause him to face any real consequences.

Any appeal attempts are going to be bullshit but I don't doubt that even with his mediocre lawyers he'll be able to avoid paying out on that for years given how far they were able to stretch things with basically NOTHING factual or sensible.

Supposedly he got over $700 million in 2020 for his campaign for reference.

Would love to be wrong on this of course but the guilty verdicts for the criminal cases against him are what I'm really jonesing for.

IIRC correctly, per NYC law, Trump can't appeal without putting up at least the total (if not more, counting interest) of the $355 million judgement as bond. Even if he drains the RNC's coffers, and gets a shitload of donations, he still has other legal cases pending and at some point the people he owes money to are going to start seizing his poo poo. And short of filing for personal bankruptcy, there's nothing he can do about it (and potentially not even then, since bankruptcy courts tend to frown on people using bankruptcy to stiff their creditors, and that's not even considering that the judgement from a fraud case is likely to be ineligible to be discharged in bankruptcy proceedings anyways). And that's not even counting the $83 million he still owes from the defamation lawsuit.

To put it bluntly: Trump is hosed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Maybe putting full names on a go fund me is a bad idea

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

MrQwerty posted:

The RNC just had their worst fundraising year since 1993 lmao

Yeah I saw.

Still if the dent that and this makes isn't big enough to lose them a seat in the Senate and/or some seats in the HoR that they should've won otherwise then I'd say its not a game changer.

Big donors might not be giving much to the RNC because they're worried Trump will steal it but they're still plenty of capable of dumping truck loads of cash to various PAC's at will.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

To put it bluntly: Trump is hosed.
If he has to sell off nearly everything including his FL estate then yeah he's hosed and I will be thrilled to be wrong about this.

Until then, unfortunately, no he is not hosed and I'm not going to get too excited or optimistic about this until I see said sell off occur.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

notwithoutmyanus posted:

lol that gofundme is just a freeper orgy in the comments: https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

quote:

Trump isn't bulging

I beg to differ.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

If he has to sell off nearly everything including his FL estate then yeah he's hosed and I will be thrilled to be wrong about this.

Until then, unfortunately, no he is not hosed and I'm not going to get too excited or optimistic about this until I see said sell off occur.

He's absolutely hosed, this is just doomering on your part.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

If he loses his NJ properties what happens to Ivana's remains? I'm assuming they come with the property.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Roll with the lols instead of trying to manifest this poo poo into terrible news imo

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

The rapist Donald J Trump paying his sexual assault victim would surprise me.

Hey! hey... the liable sexual assaulter Donald J Trump currently owes over half a billion dollars in damages. I'm so sick of people messing this up with their which hunts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What I tell myself is while yes financial stuff is a blow to Trump… the stress and rage this produces from that fucker is putting him closer to a stroke/heart attack/death

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Roll with the lols instead of trying to manifest this poo poo into terrible news imo

Exactly! For example: even if Trump gets enough money from the RNC (which, IIRC, is having their own fundraising woes at the moment) to pay off hundreds of millions of dollars in legal fees and judgements and penalties, that's also money he no longer has available to spend on his presidential campaign. If someone can't see just how hosed he is from that alone, well I dunno what to tell 'em.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just remembered Trump is a broke rear end motherfucker and I started laughing again.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Trump has no liquid assets everything he has is leveraged this 100% absolutely butt fucks him he has no way out he is completely broke he will have no money to campaign on and it couldn't have happened to a shittier person

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Who knew that trump loudly and publicly saying over and over again that he's a smart, genius super brainiac because he doesn't pay his taxes or comply with financial law would come back to bite him?

also lol @ having to pay 1 million dollars a day, every day, for a full year (with interest)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god yes

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Three Olives posted:

It's also really specific with commercial real estate, new class A+ in the right locations is actually doing surprisingly well, the problem with buildings like Trump tower is they are absolutely awful in efficiency, infrastructure and usable density are just completely in the tank.
There are a looooot of buildings in downtown SF that have been charging premium rent for at least the last two decades and deferring any kind of real maintenance or modernization and surprise, surprise, ain’t no one going to pay market rate for bad office space with ancient hvac/power and 40-yo finishes when vacancy rate is like 20%

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

drat they really just fired 95% of truckers over night.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

I donated $100

Will u match me?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Refusing Loads for Trump

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I hate how "it'll get overturned on appeal" is such a meaningless, nebulous claim that it's everyone's first and last thought. It's "we'll take this all the way to the supreme court!" applied to someone who thinks the supreme court applies to everything ever, and also that they owe him a solid so it's a done deal.

Clueless jackass morons

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Juat got an email from a Trump fundraiser.

"Donate 350million and I'll let you see it." 🍄

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What a great day for loling at this fat stupid traitorous rapist piece of poo poo getting owned

“Wull ackshually” doomers vacate

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

This is an outrage! I was told no loads would be refused!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

MrQwerty posted:

Agree with this sentiment alot but I wasn't trying to turn this into terrible news either here.

Just tamping down on expectations on how hosed Trump is here or what this would mean for the RNC.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He's absolutely hosed, this is just doomering on your part.

I'm not doomering at all. I think this will hurt him and potentially the RNC some but its more psychological in that terms than real. I want to see some real suffering for this rear end in a top hat not just a hit to his wallet.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

If he loses his NJ properties what happens to Ivana's remains? I'm assuming they come with the property.
His FL estate. Its way overvalued (I think Engoron even mentioned this) but he can still live in luxury if he keeps that.