Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

You should really use your private jet less frequently, Ms. Swift.

How else do you expect me to get things from the other side of my house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
But I like lurking, it's comfortable and I don't want to be seen

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1758425498101707002

Tell me who your audience is without telling me who your audience is, The Economist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Otoh it may just be a strange response to all the "I'm not racist, but the Pakistanis all marry their cousins and their children have terrorist brain" articles in far cuntier papers like The Spectator.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Never occured to me to wonder why there was a smiley of Gerry Adams with his eyes popping, and I've never had any doubt that's what that smiley was. This news of Swiss football fans is shattering.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

live shot of me posting

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Otoh it may just be a strange response to all the "I'm not racist, but the Pakistanis all marry their cousins and their children have terrorist brain" articles in far cuntier papers like The Spectator.

The problem with cousin marriages has always been less "terrorist brain" and more "congenital disabilities". (And I think even the cuntier papers go down this route, albeit in far more racist ways (they never seem to comment on European royalty, for some reason)).
There's actually been quite a lot of work done in communities where cousin marriages are more common, to educate young people about this. A bit of genetic screening goes a long way.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Or a pro-monarchy piece.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Posting as instructed. It's funny how people drift in and out of the thread. I've not seen Rarity post in ages, hey :) . Nice to see Azza Bamboo about after what seemed like a long break. Then there's people like Jose and Jedit who are active in other threads but seem to have given up on the UKMT?

I really miss ober and learnincurve. Not to mention dearly departed twisto and Camrath ofc.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kingturnip posted:

The problem with cousin marriages has always been less "terrorist brain" and more "congenital disabilities". (And I think even the cuntier papers go down this route, albeit in far more racist ways (they never seem to comment on European royalty, for some reason)).
There's actually been quite a lot of work done in communities where cousin marriages are more common, to educate young people about this. A bit of genetic screening goes a long way.
Yeah they usually mention congenital issues, but I've seen a few go in deliberate "encourages tribalism and the criminal element" directions where that may be a valid point about European landed gentry but they're actually just being racist to the extent where they just sound like Paul Golding yelling about 'the paedo gangs'.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

WaffleACAB posted:

Posting as instructed. It's funny how people drift in and out of the thread. I've not seen Rarity post in ages, hey :) . Nice to see Azza Bamboo about after what seemed like a long break. Then there's people like Jose and Jedit who are active in other threads but seem to have given up on the UKMT?

I really miss ober and learnincurve. Not to mention dearly departed twisto and Camrath ofc.

I'd like to think that ober is in a better place (getting pegged by his american fling)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I lurked for years as I don't really have much politics to say myself as I read this thread primarily to stay informed as it tends to catch stuff that I miss.

Then after a few posts I realised how lovely the community in this thread is and how supportive. I got so many PMs about my mum recently. You all are very good people and lurkers should post more.

The way I view it is that this isn't so much a debate politics thread...it's a chat thread where politics is allowed. Which keeps the other threads clear when you really just only want to poo poo post about pies or other UK related things.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

As a relative late comer to this thread I hope my posting isn稚 too annoying

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

is a terrible poster, a real piece of poo poo!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

:ironicat:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sorry to quote someone drat near everyone has on ignore but ...

Like really, what on earth do you have against them? Are you just gimmick poo poo stirring for giggles? Why? There's enough actual negative poo poo going around without you painting the walls of an actual pleasant space because the mess makes you chuckle.

Not like they need me to defend them but there's objectively nothing wrong with Josef bugman or their posts. Ease off dude.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jose is the absolute worst, it's fun to slag him off in here as he had D&D viewing removed by the admins (by request) so he can't read it

I heard he smells awful

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Jose is a very annoying poster id have to agree. Josef Bugman on the other hand rules and is a long time thread fave, and I hope he gets up to lots of nice things this weekend.

I still miss Seaside Loafer and that makes me feel ooooollld (in thread terms, in actual age terms I知 one of the young置ns).

I wonder if we値l ever do a a thread meet. I for one would enjoy shouting and slurring my posts at you all rather than typing.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I'd like it if there was one. There are people here I'd like to buy a drink for.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Isomermaid posted:

I was going to post last night cos I was drinking this weird blue beer that strained my tongue and tasted of Refreshers but thought naah better not.

we call this mouthwash here

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i would also register my interest for any goon pints in london

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

I still miss Seaside Loafer and that makes me feel ooooollld (in thread terms, in actual age terms I知 one of the young置ns).
Pouring one out for Fluo too.

Into my mouth of course, because he would never want anyone to waste a pint.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
RIP Seaside Loafer and Fluo of course.

Azza is the youngest poster I reckon, you're like late 20s, maybe 30, right Jak? I turned 34 last month.

I'd be up for a goon meet tbh. Validate my parasocial relationship with my favourite posters.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I liked Jose and his method of surviving floods by drinking his way through it.

Edit: aye and of course Fluo was a good lad. He tried to give me a Platinum upgrade a few years before he passed. I decided I didn't want to get DM's from Pissflaps and politely declined and had him on Steam instead. Still my only friend on that thing, and I get a wee bit sad when I realise he's been gone for as long as he has by his last login every time I load it up.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 17, 2024

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I知 29 in about 2 weeks! I致e been posting on these forums for longer than my entire adult life lol.

Raised by Goons. Terrifying.

Also think Seaside Loafer is still alive?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I think I was the last goon to see Fluo before his death. He gave me some gorgeous summer fruit wine and a bunch of stouts that i then passed on to my Dad. He was a pretty chill guy and pretty lovely irl.

Starting to think I might be the one person here who has met the most (UK) goons irl :thunk:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Actually no, I guess someone like Fudge Man might have because of Goons seeing him at Markets and stuff? Idk

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
poo poo I can't remember. Was it just that he was heavily disabled from his illness and unable to post? I vaguely recall him saying he might be back in the future now you mention it.

SL - if you are still with us I miss you too!

Testro
May 2, 2009

WaffleACAB posted:

poo poo I can't remember. Was it just that he was heavily disabled from his illness and unable to post?

Yeah, that's what I remember.

Lurking is a weird state; you read every day so everyone is a regular in your life, but the regulars have no idea that you exist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
+1 vote for a goonmeet where we all do a poo poo on a railway platform in Sea Loaf's honour :patriot:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Never meet your heroes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
RIP Bristol Temple Meads, condemned after being covered in multiple goon shits.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I met a goon once. I don't know if it counts since he'd already been my brother for at least 20 years by that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

RIP Bristol Temple Meads, condemned after being covered in multiple goon shits.

Oh it was condemned way before we got there

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

RIP Fluo and all our fallen goons

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jakabite posted:

I知 29 in about 2 weeks! I致e been posting on these forums for longer than my entire adult life lol.

Raised by Goons. Terrifying.

Also think Seaside Loafer is still alive?

I have wondered about that guy, last I heard he wrote a message that said it was cure or kill. Not sure we heard anything more since?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

TACD posted:

This does answer the question and yet still leaves me wondering who the gently caress is that?

the origin of the SA smilie is indeed

but there's at this point a whole persona associated with :mcrappe: that has nothing much to do with anything

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

kecske posted:

we're all just some guy tbf

Some of us are some gals :colbert:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

His Divine Shadow posted:

I have wondered about that guy, last I heard he wrote a message that said it was cure or kill. Not sure we heard anything more since?

I think he went in for surgery, and whatever happened, he had a stroke or aneurysm or something that left him with aphasia. He came back and made a couple of posts but they were hard to read - and probably harder for him to type out - but I don't remember anything since then.
Aphasia sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Do emojis still cost $40?

$30. Source, I bought this when Musk bought twitter: :twitter:

Also yeah RIP to Fluo, I was rather cheered to see that Internet Comment Erik was apparently a friend of him too:

For those who have not been blessed by his classes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbAsndSKXA