Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I am not a computer toucher, but does it seem more likely the chatbot was programmed to steer customers away from the bereavement rate?

It's just a stupid piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I am not a computer toucher, but does it seem more likely the chatbot was programmed to steer customers away from the bereavement rate?

Native ChatGPT is likely far more capable than whatever they made by feeding a bunch of their policies into a LLM and figuring nothing bad would come of it. And either will give you semi-unpredictable answers that may contain random bits of wrong policy text that seem correct.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

they're not going to be able to 'fix' ai with more different data

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

ai owns on its own it doesn’t need to be “fixed”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the ai trained on reddit will not be meaningfully different than the ai trained on twitter or the ai trained on facebook. but hey, it's not my money

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the ai trained on reddit will not be meaningfully different than the ai trained on twitter or the ai trained on facebook. but hey, it's not my money

the ai trained on these forums - is it conscious?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Why the hell can't I buy a 2024 Prius with money. Why is the economy this way where I want to spend money but I can't even get to spend my money.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

mawarannahr posted:

It will be born with a terminal case of retard aids

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Atoramos posted:

Native ChatGPT is likely far more capable than whatever they made by feeding a bunch of their policies into a LLM and figuring nothing bad would come of it. And either will give you semi-unpredictable answers that may contain random bits of wrong policy text that seem correct.

nah utilizing existing info works better, you just cant copy/paste all your existing poo poo and pretend itll magically work. the problem with anything like this is while it is potentially a cost saving measure (it probably isnt), all anyone is going to see is 'reduced costs' so they wont actually do it right because they just want the cost number to go down and also no one understands LLMs at all.

they're not going to be able to 'fix' ai with more different data

the bigger the dataset gets, the harder it is to "generate" a correct answer from what i can tell. its sort of like if SEO worked by just giving you the page thats repeated most on the internet.

if 20 answers on reddit are 'eat a banana' for the potassium and 10 say 'dont eat the banana' because its poison, if someone asks 'should i eat this poison banana?' its goign to tell you to eat the banana lol

anime was right has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Feb 17, 2024

Morbus
May 18, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Too big to fail.

ARM: +111% in the last 5 yrs
AMD: +613%
NVDA: +1724%
TSMC: +221%
QCOM: +187%
AVGO: +350%
MU: +87%

INTC: -17%

Looks like maybe too fail to big imo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the point of this AI thing is to juice investors or have a dataset they can sell for profit. the remaining outcomes are meaningless to reddit.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

skooma512 posted:

I got Gamepass for that, Forza, and Cities Skylines 2. All were bad. The only decent recent game on GP was Football Manager. I let that poo poo expire.

this year unless it’s things like older Zelda’s coming to switch, I’m trying to not buy any games until Black Friday or if/when I build a gaming/AI PC I’ll drop at most $100 on steam on my wishlist. instead, I’m slowly going through my backlog of “great games”. and you know what? it’s a great experience. never beat Elden ring. going back to it is great. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to have to have the newest right now. (minus Nintendo games).

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The advice it gave is nearly the opposite of the static page,

Which makes me think, Air Canada could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just using the webpage.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ughhhh posted:

Why the hell can't I buy a 2024 Prius with money. Why is the economy this way where I want to spend money but I can't even get to spend my money.

send me your money and I will be of great assistance

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Karach posted:

We will grant personhood to AI in Canada in small claims court and kick off the cyberpocalypse

in the pursuit of fairness, AI will be offered mAId.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

the milk machine posted:

send me your money and I will be of great assistance

This but to me

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

i thought that was that rutibex guy or whatever

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Morbus posted:

ARM: +111% in the last 5 yrs
AMD: +613%
NVDA: +1724%
TSMC: +221%
QCOM: +187%
AVGO: +350%
MU: +87%

INTC: -17%

Looks like maybe too fail to big imo

lol intel

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

It got kicked out the door half finished, had an extremely grindy and tedious progression system, is still always-online which pairs great with the awful netcode that makes every game lag hell, and in the face of all this the devs fixed nothing and instead pushed out new overpriced DLC.

So you know, basically your typical modern AAA release.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

its gonna have a lot more longform incest and cuck erotica in its training set which could be fun

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

lol when my mom died, out of curiousity i called one of the airlines with a direct flight - i think it was alaska airlines about a bereavement rate and they said I needed the loving death certificate and folks, if you've never dealt with a death - it takes months to get a death certificate. I got my mom's like 3 months after she died. My dad's was a little faster at a month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

lol when my mom died, out of curiousity i called one of the airlines with a direct flight - i think it was alaska airlines about a bereavement rate and they said I needed the loving death certificate and folks, if you've never dealt with a death - it takes months to get a death certificate. I got my mom's like 3 months after she died. My dad's was a little faster at a month.

I knew this bc of Seinfeld.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Kanthan2030/status/1758623853558092157

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LionArcher posted:

this year unless it’s things like older Zelda’s coming to switch, I’m trying to not buy any games until Black Friday or if/when I build a gaming/AI PC I’ll drop at most $100 on steam on my wishlist. instead, I’m slowly going through my backlog of “great games”. and you know what? it’s a great experience. never beat Elden ring. going back to it is great. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to have to have the newest right now. (minus Nintendo games).

AI PC lol.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

interesting recipe

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Biplane posted:

AI PC lol.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

The gaming PC already knows the gamer word, you don't need AI

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

gradenko_2000 posted:

is Super Micro Computer actually materially involved in any AI stuff or is it just people mistaking it for something else

Nvidia GPUs in a supermicro server is a big chunk of stuff.

baja gaijin
Jan 30, 2024

I went to Target earlier this week and almost all of the personal hygiene products, like two or three aisles, were all completely locked up. it's like what's the fuckin point of me even being in here??

If you look at the subreddit for Target they've also been severely cutting the hours that the self checkouts are open, too. some of them are only letting people SCO for 3 hours a day.
Some folks have suggested that both of these things are done for the purpose of driving people to use the pick up or delivery services but that doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me. nor can I imagine that Target has that much more shrink than any other retailer?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is depression

Concerning!

skooma512 posted:

Only if I lose interest in things that used to interest me for 2 consecutive quarters

lmao

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

baja gaijin posted:

I went to Target earlier this week and almost all of the personal hygiene products, like two or three aisles, were all completely locked up. it's like what's the fuckin point of me even being in here??

If you look at the subreddit for Target they've also been severely cutting the hours that the self checkouts are open, too. some of them are only letting people SCO for 3 hours a day.
Some folks have suggested that both of these things are done for the purpose of driving people to use the pick up or delivery services but that doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me. nor can I imagine that Target has that much more shrink than any other retailer?

they have to keep up the kayfabe of there being an insane rise of theft to keep closing stores and loving with employees

Apr 7, 2003

baja gaijin posted:

nor can I imagine that Target has that much more shrink than any other retailer?
most shrink is employees, but there's been a huge push over the past four years to make shoplifting a social problem instead of a business problem, I imagine so the cost of security can be pushed off onto the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYCqSxNRi7Q

surprise, this whole thing was contrived

https://newrepublic.com/article/165146/union-pacific-package-theft-panic

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvm misread i think

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

baja gaijin posted:

Ah so that's why when I went to target the other day to pick up a prescription the entire self checkout section was roped off at 3PM. I was like drat, every machine is broken I guess???

Anyway idk why anybody would do actual shopping at Target at this point unless you like, desperately needed some specific hygiene product right this second? They're overpriced as gently caress, you constantly have to ring loving bells to get some poor stocker to come over and unlock the cage to let you buy deodorant, and they're all laid out as giant sprawling messes that require you to circumnavigate the entire floor to get 3-4 things. Also they're all pretending to be grocery stores now except their groceries are both more expensive and lower in variety and quality than you'd find at any normal rear end major chain grocer, let alone a nice local place. I would never feel the need to step into one if not for the fact that the one near me has a CVS pharmacy attached.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

shopping at target no
sitting on toilet yes

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

online shopping at target while sitting on the toilet (optionally in a target)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

Yes, but it got permad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
they got the dang undies in the lockbox at target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
stalking target for the finest latina retail associate to unlock the undies box thereby imbuing them with her divine essence

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)