Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
Battlemaster
Orders in:
Moving to 1113, facing 1212

Shooting the PPC, ER PPC, and LPLAS at the Catapult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

biosterous posted:

how it started:

how it's going:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

biosterous posted:

how it started:

how it's going:

:perfect:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Hoplite

Grandpa once again at least partially responsible for an assault mech losing its head.

propatriamori posted:

Even if the Hoplite also shoots at the Catapult, focusing it down seems important now that it can cover the entry ramp hex.

Sure, let's go with focused fire. Orders in, focusing down the Catapult.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Ravager - Thunderbolt

Yah I'm also after the catapult, turn 8 orders are in

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

part of me hopes we recover one of the Locust LAMs. What an awesome little deathtrap

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I want to play "No Pulse" from the Pacific Rim soundtrack...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Marik had a little LAM
Its feets were white as snow

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"Displaced into hex 1409 to make this fall make sense!" may be one of the best combat resolution lines I've ever read

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
It's going to be pretty cool to salvage the Stalker I think. I feel that there's some neat tech stuff to be found here

:ssh:

For fun I tried building the Stalker in Megamek Lab and to get everything to fit as listed on the weapons, armor, and heat dissipation you have to use some Clantech, unless I'm missing something obvious

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Holybat posted:

It's going to be pretty cool to salvage the Stalker I think. I feel that there's some neat tech stuff to be found here

:ssh:

For fun I tried building the Stalker in Megamek Lab and to get everything to fit as listed on the weapons, armor, and heat dissipation you have to use some Clantech, unless I'm missing something obvious

Yeah, that Stalker's a hum-dinger. The closest I can tell is that it's a SLDF Royal variant, but those gave up their SRM-6s for DHS and an ECM suite according to sarna.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Yeah, that Stalker's a hum-dinger. The closest I can tell is that it's a SLDF Royal variant, but those gave up their SRM-6s for DHS and an ECM suite according to sarna.

What started this up was the armor distribution lines up with 13.5 tons of IS ferrofibrous armor, plus it's rocking double heat sinks but with the weapons load and 16 IS DHS it can't fit the FF armor, but if you start to do some stuff like drop in Clan DHS or FF then it fits

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

speaking of the Stalker, the most recent update revealed the pilot has (had? yeah, I think Fire Support is dead) the Hothead SPA. I wonder what that is?

EDIT: I've also just realized that it's dead in the same hex it started in. yesssssssssssssssssss

propatriamori fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 8, 2024

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-9

One of the SnowCats vanished in a fireball that left Prodigal wincing. The locals knew this was risky, but she’d still assured them she’d do her best to keep them all safe. They were likely all pirates, but that didn’t make losing any of them easier. She leveled a withering-level of firepower against the enemy Catapult, but the Stalker-Lite kept its feet. Despite the heat spiking in the BattleMaster’s cockpit, Syntyche pressed it forward. She missed her Mongoose. It would’ve had the speed to close the distance, even if—even she had to admit—she’d have been vulnerable once she’d done so.

“drat, drat—Obligation Lance, defend those transports. Body-block the fakes if you have to.” She growled, fighting the controls as if extra force on her part would eke some extra speed out of her ponderous assault ‘Mech. “… C’mon, you overweight Shadow Hawk. Get in there!”

Movement Phase
[n/a]

AeroSpace Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1314!
- Fires LB-10X [Slug] at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (9/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (16/22 armor remaining)!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 3 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/2 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Left arm blown off! Conversion gear disabled, Unknown Light LAM 3 reverts to ‘Mech Mode!!
- - 3 damage transfers to Rear Left Torso (0/2 armor, 4/5 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - - Unknown Light LAM 3 suffers a critical chance to Left Torso: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Light LAM #3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 3 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Light LAM #3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 3 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Light LAM #3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 3 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 7, with a cluster roll of (7 + 2 = 9): 2 shells hit Right Leg (1/6 armor remaining), Left Leg (1/6 armor remaining)!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Head (0/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (3/12 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - Unknown Light LAM 1 suffers a through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 3, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2311!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining)! Crit! Pilot hit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Head: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Life Support hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires LRM-15 at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 minimum range + 1 heat = 10): rolled 6, missed!
- gains 20 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires PPC at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (6/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (0/22 armor, 12/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- gains 37 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Catapult
- Fires ER PPC at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Side (18/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Side (12/28 armor remaining)! TAC!
- - SnowCat 2 suffers a side arc through-armor critical chance: rolled 6, infantry hit! Mobilized Local Platoon 2 suffers 8 casualties!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Side (6/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Side (3/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Side (0/28 armor remaining)!
- gains 16 heat, sinks 32!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0810!
- Fires AC/5 [Burst] at SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (29/34 armor remaining)!
- gains 7 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Fires ER Large Laser at SnowCat 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Side (0/4 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- - Mobilized Local Platoon 2 rolls for survival: rolled 6, platoon destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 9): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (0/24 armor, 14/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Thunderbolt suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Automatic upper. Rolled 5: Jump Jet destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 9): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Thunderbolt (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit! Deals [((1 + 2 pulse laser) * 2 exposed infantry) / 2 armor divisor = 3] damage! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit! Deals [((2d6 burst = 7) * 2 exposed infantry) / 2 armor divisor = 7) damage! 7 troopers killed! Infantry unit destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (16/26 armor remaining)!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, missed!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, missed!

Heavy Tracked APC #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Fires Fluid Gun at hex 1010: Automatic hit, hex becomes slick ice!

SnowCAT #2 (Ally)
- Fires Machine Gun at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Fires Fluid Gun at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit! Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 loses 5 heat! Unknown Heavy ‘Mech becomes iced up and must pass a piloting test to run!

Shooting End Phase
Catapult
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!

Melee Phase
Ostsol (Player)
- Punches Unknown Light LAM 1 with both arms (4 piloting + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8)
- - Rolled 7, missed!
- - Rolled 7, missed!

Unknown Heavy Mech 2
- Kicks SnowCat 2 (4 piloting + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 kick = 6): rolled 5, missed!

Melee End Phase
Unknown Heavy Mech 2
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 piloting + 0 missed kick = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
[n/a]

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2
- Must pass a piloting test to run (4 piloting + 2 iced up = 6): rolled 10, succeeds!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture the Enemy DropShip (0/1)
- - Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength (42/46)
- - Turns until the Turncoat is Overwhelmed (8/12)

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (2/4)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (Complete):
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (Failed)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Glacial Exposure: Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks
- Weapons with a range of 3 or less only have a short range bracket.

PTN's note: Sorry this one took so long.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 13, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

So what does life support damage do, game-wise? Is that mech on a turn countdown until the pilot has to eject or die?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Going to stand and deliver on the Catapult, pending clarification.

PTN, should there be a consciousness check for that pilot hit?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

quote:

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Fires Fluid Gun at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit! Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 loses 5 heat! Unknown Heavy ‘Mech becomes iced up and must pass a piloting test to run!

Is this a water cannon ??

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Akratic Method posted:

So what does life support damage do, game-wise? Is that mech on a turn countdown until the pilot has to eject or die?

Sarna suggests that for environments incompatible with life it will kill the pilot outright (space, underwater, Venus, etc) otherwise it has a chance for pilot damage if the mech gains heat. It's unclear whether this means ANY heat over zero at end of round, or above a threshold. answered below

I would say that while not inimical to life immediately, the cold might be worth a pilot hit, or a time limit (but likely one expiring well after the mission does)

ilmucche posted:

Is this a water cannon ??

Goons, I would like to suggest an extremely audacious aimed shot...

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 12, 2024

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Akratic Method posted:

In a normal game, the pilot would start taking damage at +19 overheat or higher on the heat scale. A second Life Support hit would cause pilot damage at any amount of overheat.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Battlemaster

I desperately want to charge the Catapult. I'm pretty sure I have the MP to do so, though my pre-emptive turn toward 1212 cost me a little. It won't save the infantry, but it will make me feel a little better about them all getting killed. I think it'd be 26 damage (85 tons / 10 * 3 intervening hexes = 25.5) in five point clusters which is...comparable to what I'd get shooting at it with the lasers. It isn't much of a fall, either, but still. it's Battletech. Shoving your enemy down next to their lance leader just seems intrinsically satisfying, even if it might not be a kill.

Honestly if I insist on charging it might be more practical to hit the light LAM (Stinger LAM? but a pulse-boat variant of the Kurita STG-10? the SLDF Royal STG-A1?)...except wait, 1010 is slick ice now. That's probably not worth the trouble. Wonder why it shot at 1010.

More sensibly, even just walking to 1111 means I can put a LOT of firepower into the Catapult or the LAM or the Dragon. I don't think there's anything that'll stop them murdering the rest of the infantry though :(

It could conceivably matter for the Thunderbolt's positioning/target choices, so: the Catapult's rear armor is untouched. Getting into the rear arc would actually be worse at this point for hitting everything but the left torso (and the left torso would absorb a lot of damage either way). You probably already know that, but I made a living as an engineer and so have learned to say the obvious things.

Volmarias posted:

Goons, I would like to suggest an extremely audacious aimed shot...

I don't understand what you mean

propatriamori fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 12, 2024

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
A kick from a level up happens on the punch table and is both easier, won't stop your guns, and will be more likely to do crippling damage.

EDIT: also the trend of players disabling enemies by just loving killing them every single time may eventually be a cool story hook. It's been a funny kind of drawback for the mystery aspect but "anyone who doesn't surrender now will not survive to surrender later" is hard.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 12, 2024

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

propatriamori posted:

I don't understand what you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VyvOhPmA0&t=30s

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
E: Nevermind, should have refreshed.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Strobe posted:

A kick from a level up happens on the punch table and is both easier, won't stop your guns, and will be more likely to do crippling damage.

I don't see the opportunity to do this. I can't get to 0610 to do it to the Dragon or maybe-Stinger-LAM and the Catapult and I are on the same level

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Rifleman

Moving to 1719 and having it out with LAM 3

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

RIP Marine Platoon Charlie

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

propatriamori posted:

I don't see the opportunity to do this. I can't get to 0610 to do it to the Dragon or maybe-Stinger-LAM and the Catapult and I are on the same level

I was looking at the Stalker, oops.

EDIT: I would still kick it instead of charging.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Damnit, why haven't I killed either of them yet?

Ostsol

I'm thinking I'm going to hit that Unknown Heavy (Dragon, whatever) from the left. And then chase after the LAM in the next turn. Sorry, best I can do. There's only so much murder available to me in a single turn.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Battlemaster

I'm going to guess that the Thud will go after the Catapult to make two units engaging it. Three might be overkill, so I'll go after the LAM instead, which I figure is on a +3 move mod (6 hexes and a jump) but I'll be right next to it in 1111 so that'll mitigate things some (shooting on 7s for the MLAS, 5 for the LPLAS, and 9 for the PPC?). I'll probably whiff the PPC, but I can fire everything but the ER PPC and still be heat negative so I'll do that.

It's strictly less fun than charging the Catapult but oh well. Hopefully we can get some of these pulse lasers off the board.

Orders in. I might amend them if we don't have two units engaging the Catapult but last time I amended I made a rookie mistake.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hoplite

I'm probably tagging the Catapult, yes. However,

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Head (0/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining)! Crit! Pilot hit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Head: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Life Support hit!

Was there a consciousness check made for these pilot hits? That could change a lot. Catapult and Light LAM 1's record sheets are showing the missing head armor but not the pilot hits. (The catapult had one marked the previous round but not the extra from this one.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Copy/paste error, sorry!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Copy/paste error, sorry!

Did we come close to knocking them out?

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Did we come close to knocking them out?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shooting End Phase
Catapult
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!

no :(

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Not yet. Orders in. Shotgunning the catapult.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

One of the things about the Catapult is every time there's a side-torso-crit-chance on it I get all excited before I remember it's the PPCpult

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-10

A hail of submachine gun fire clattered off the Falconer’s shoulder. With her ‘Mech in the way, most of the harassing fire the Järnprins’s marines couldn’t reach the SLDF troops massing in the engine bay. She fired off another burst from her rear-mounted machine guns, hoping to keep the massing marines suppressed for just a little longer and grimaced as the counter dropped to near empty. It wouldn’t be long before they realized her ‘Mech had no way to stop them if they decided to swarm her—she was honestly surprised it hadn’t happened yet. Only the threat of her medium laser and the potential damage her Falcon could do to the ship’s engines was keeping the marines at bay.

As if on cue, a pair of the locals snow tractors rattled up one of the Järnprins’s boarding ramps. Little more than heavily-armored tractors, they grumbled to a stop amidst a cloud of alcohol-fueled smoke, and under-equipped men in parkas with a motley collection of shotguns and hunting rifles piled out. She half expected to see them toting six packs of whatever the locals passed for beer. She was almost surprised not to see any until she remembered that frigid lacked a cannery, and the locals were as likely to be carrying hard liquor in their canteens as they were to be carrying water.

“Right—form up and move out!” Lt. Cordozo shouted for the benefit of the locals. “Marines up front—shield the locals with your boarding suits. Locals, follow close behind and pick off whatever you can. Move out!”

En masse, the collected infantry stormed up the boarding ramp and into a hail of fire from the mixed weaponry of the Järnprins’s marines. They mostly carried light weaponry—combat shotguns and submachine guns—enough to suppress rioters, but nothing heavy enough to cause significant damage to the Union-class DropShip’s internals. That was well enough against unarmored targets, but the marines from the Dimetrodon were sporting heavy hostile environment suits. Only the luckiest or closest-range shots were likely to penetrate. They probably could’ve taken the ship without the extra numbers—but the casualties would’ve been high.

With the locals backing them, incoming fire from the Järnprins’s mostly-empty ‘Mechbay died down almost immediately. It wouldn’t take them long to break into fireteams and secure the rest of the ship—especially if the crew and officers were smart enough to surrender. They’d have to be on high alert after for saboteurs, but with her Falcon covering the engine anything they accomplished could likely be repaired.

Movement Phase
[n/a]

AeroSpace Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1314!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 3, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Catapult (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 5): rolled 12, with a cluster roll of 10: 8 submunitions hit Left Torso (19/22 armor remaining), Head (1/3 structure remaining (Crit! Pilot hit!)), Right Torso (11/15 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (18/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (18/22 armor remaining), Left Arm (9/10 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (14/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (17/22 armor remaining)!
- Catapult suffers a critical chance in Head: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Rolled 6: life support destroyed!
- Catapult suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 5, no critical hit sustained!
- Catapult suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 12, 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink destroyed!
- - Double Heat Sink destroyed!
- - Medium Pulse Laser hit!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1718!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (0/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heat = 9): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range + 1 heat = 11): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Light LAM 3 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range + 1 heat = 11): rolled 6, missed!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (4/14 armor remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Left Lower Leg Actuator damaged!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (7/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (7/27 armor remaining)!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2311!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 heat = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 heat = 9): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (6/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!
- Fires LRM-15 at Catapult (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 heat + 2 minimum range = 11): rolled 9, missed!
- gains 19 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (1/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (7/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!
- gains 37 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Catapult
- Fires ER PPC at SnowCat 1 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Side (18/28 armor remaining)!
- - SnowCat 1 suffers a chance for motive system damage: rolled 5, no effect!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at SnowCat 1 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Front (28/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at SnowCat 1 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at SnowCat 1 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Side (12/28 armor remaining)!
- - SnowCat 1 suffers a chance for motive system damage: rolled 5, no effect!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 28!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0810!
- Fires AC/5 [Burst] at SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 12, with a cluster roll of 7: 1 shell hit Rear (17/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Rear (12/22 armor remaining)!
- gains 7 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Holds fire!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Rear (9/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against SnowCat 3 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Rear (6/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (3/16 armor remaining)!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Rotates turret to threaten hex 1009!
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (1/27 armor remaining)!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (3/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Left Arm:
- Fires SRM-2 at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, with a cluster roll of 11: 2 missiles hit Head (0/3 structure remaining (’Mech destroyed!)), Left Arm (1/10 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- - Catapult suffers a critical chance in Left Arm:
- Fires SRM-2 at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, with a cluster roll of 9: 2 missiles hit Rear Left Torso (6/8 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (6/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Catapult (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Rear Right Torso (4/8 armor remaining)!

Heavy Tracked APC #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2
- Must pass a piloting test (4 piloting + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 3, fails!
- - Falls (rolled 2) forward facing hex 0709!
- - Suffers 6 damage in the fall to Right Arm (9/14 armor remaining), Left Torso (6/16 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 piloting + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 10, succeeds!

Melee Phase
Rifleman (Player)
- Unable to kick Unknown Light LAM 3: target not in front arc!

Ostsol (Player)
- Unable to punch Unknown Heavy Mech 2: target too low!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Kicks Rifleman (5 piloting + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (16/20 armor remaining)!

Melee End Phase
Rifleman (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 piloting + 1 kicked = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
Thunderbolt (Player)
- Must pass a 4+ Automatic Shutdown test:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2
- Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 piloting + 2 iced up + 1 actuator damage - 2 careful stand = 5): rolled 9, succeeds! Stands facing hex 0809!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Converts to AirMech!

SnowCat 1
- Deploys troops in DropShip hex 1308!

SnowCat 2
- Deploys troops in DropShip hex 1308!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture the Enemy DropShip (Complete!)
- - Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength (53/46 Complete!)
- - Turns until the Turncoat is Overwhelmed (Complete!)

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (3/4)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (Complete):
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (Failed)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Glacial Exposure: Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks
- Weapons with a range of 3 or less only have a short range bracket.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Heyo, let's roll up that last ground pounder, probably the LAMs will screw off then.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

oh my god. I didn't think those Snow Cats were going to make it. Holy crap.

Also I missed soooooo many 7s :sigh:

I think I'm going to turn and continue shooting at the Stinger? LAM. Our folks close enough should probably try to help the Rifleman with the Medium (Phoenix Hawk?) LAM and Locust LAM, though I think it was hilariously cute that the little guy kicked. I guess the PSR was potentially dangerous.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

lol at all the fire poured into that Catapult and then it just gets head-sniped by the little APC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hoplite

Another pilot hit for Grandpa, tag teaming with that Marsden to render another mech headless. Good times.

vorebane posted:

Heyo, let's roll up that last ground pounder, probably the LAMs will screw off then.

A plan I can get behind. Orders submitted.