Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

NeonPunk posted:

Is Dancy, the puking partying guy, the only place where you can get more aideen tokens?

There's a guy at the Hotel front desk that will also start selling you coins, but they appear to pull from the same pool as puke guy (somehow) so I don't think so, no

Except the times you sometimes get some by screwing with Emo Dials of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like how his vomiting is just a state of mind. Of course I set him back to vomiting after letting him stop for a bit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kale posted:

Relax alright? Yeesh. And consider chilling with the ableist slurs please.

Yeah fine with that at this point. This thread went downhill fast in quality today anyway and people just feeling like being mad and hostile.

you keep posting the stupidest poo poo possible and then get mystified when people call you out on it

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Meowywitch posted:

There's a guy at the Hotel front desk that will also start selling you coins, but they appear to pull from the same pool as puke guy (somehow) so I don't think so, no

they are the same person

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

you keep posting the stupidest poo poo possible and then get mystified when people call you out on it

It's this OP.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I invested the zillions of relic leveling shards I got from Penacony into various follow-up set relics.

I now have some pretty decent stuff for that set. Topaz + Dr. Ratio is probably my best single-target damage.

It's been a little hard getting used to playing with a controller (well, Steam Deck) after playing this game almost entirely with a touch screen. It's great in combat, but awkward navigating various other menus/interfaces.

kirbysuperstar posted:

ngl "maybe this group in the Chinese video game Honkai Star Rail is representative of the alt-right" is a genuinely funny opinion. A truly profound level of obliviousness about the fact that the universe doesn't revolve around "a hyper-specific American internet-based cultural context."

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like how his vomiting is just a state of mind. Of course I set him back to vomiting after letting him stop for a bit.

My habit with the emo dial is to always go back to their initial state of self. Like yeah I'm going to mess with your mind here for free gaming tokens, but it's not permanent.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

ngl "maybe this group in the Chinese video game Honkai Star Rail is representative of the alt-right" is a genuinely funny opinion. A truly profound level of obliviousness about the fact that the universe doesn't revolve around "a hyper-specific American internet-based cultural context."

It reminds me alot of people who thought Persona 5 was an epic takedown against Trump.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It reminds me alot of people who thought Persona 5 was an epic takedown against Trump.

:dafuq:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well you see, it has a corrupt politician in it. And since the world revolves around America, clearly he represents Trump.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's dumb. Metal Gear: Revengance was a much better representation of Trump and that was just a coincidental accident

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To get your Trump-specific political commentary from Japan, you must of course turn to Touhou.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
This reminds me of a joke Genshin Impact video I saw once, during that event when monsters were running amok in Inazuma.

Paimon: "This must be where the monsters are coming from! A portal to another world!"
Paimon: (sticks head in)
*rapid gunfire*
Paimon: "It's America!!!"
Paimon: (final *bang*, Paimon falls down)

This has been your daily dose of American cultural commentary.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sandorius posted:

This reminds me of a joke Genshin Impact video I saw once, during that event when monsters were running amok in Inazuma.

Paimon: "This must be where the monsters are coming from! A portal to another world!"
Paimon: (sticks head in)
*rapid gunfire*
Paimon: "It's America!!!"
Paimon: (final *bang*, Paimon falls down)

This has been your daily dose of American cultural commentary.
theres a joke in hellsing abridged where a bus pulls up to a guarded gate and it goes

"Uhh, don't worry about us, we're just a college football team."
"Oh yeah? What college?"
*guys holding guns pop out of every window on the bus*
"The University of Texas!"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Good rule of thumb don't bring up Twitter/Reddit/Fandom bullshit on Something Awful except maybe if it's funny or interesting in some way (like the Chinese community stuff). You don't need to make an update that stupid people are being stupid especially when it seems to sincerely make you upset instead of actually making you laugh.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Xun posted:

Robin has lesbian flag eyemakeup I trust her with my life

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

theres a joke in hellsing abridged where a bus pulls up to a guarded gate and it goes

"Uhh, don't worry about us, we're just a college football team."
"Oh yeah? What college?"
*guys holding guns pop out of every window on the bus*
"The University of Texas!"

lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meowywitch posted:

I can't believe Sam is just a guy in armor instead of a proper robot

He's a Kamen Rider, OP

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sam is cool. Don't be hating on Sam.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Selenephos posted:

Sam is cool. Don't be hating on Sam.
It would be neat if we could pull for him at some point. He's one of those types of characters that you can burn through a lot of health, but destroy the opponent. Then again, we already have Blade (though I don't :cry: )

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

On Sparkle She hasn't taken any sides and she doesnt seem to have any ulterior motives except to call people out. In the companion quest, the red herring joke keeps on popping up, and Sparkle wears red and her skill has a giant fish animation.

What if she is a literal red herring to distract us from the plot?
lmao

Meowywitch posted:

Ugh, so I'm timegated from keep on doing the games? With my luck, I won't ever get the top prize from the capsules

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

NeonPunk posted:

What if she is a literal red herring to distract us from the plot? lmao

It's failing then because I don't think anyone really cares about her relevance to the plot.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The next banner is Sparkle + Jing Yuan with 4 stars Sampo, Qingque, and Hanya

Future banners alleged by leaks

2.1:
Acheron + Fu Xuan
Adventurine + Topaz

Robin+ ???
Firefly + ???

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sparkle: Space Racist or not? Find out from the dregs of the internet.

Penacony was good. The little game play gimmicks landed well and didn't outstay their welcome. I thought Topaz's Numby find chests passive was dumb when I first heard about it but now I love it. Looking forward to the side quests since their writing tends to be more interesting then the main quest. So far, Quinn mini has stuck to be the most though I'm very curious about the other route for the Fallen Angel achievement.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

2.1:
Acheron + Fu Xuan
Adventurine + Topaz

Robin+ ???
Firefly + ???

so many good characters to roll...this is actually gonna be pretty tough

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mycot posted:

Good rule of thumb don't bring up Twitter/Reddit/Fandom bullshit on Something Awful except maybe if it's funny or interesting in some way (like the Chinese community stuff). You don't need to make an update that stupid people are being stupid especially when it seems to sincerely make you upset instead of actually making you laugh.

A good rule of thumb is probably something like asking yourself "would my friend/parent/whoever who isn't familiar with this topic find this interesting?" Like there's some internet stuff that might actually be interesting, but is it something that would actually be interesting or comprehensible to an "outsider"?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

My goal is e1 sparkle and 2 qqs to e6 her

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pulled a good one today

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
As a relatively new player, I think I absolutely have to save everything for Fu Xuan, I always use her as support on my weekly boss fights

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fu is a very safe bet. If you can afford it, get her and Adventurine. Unless you already pulled Gepard, you're going to want 2 very strong sustains for endgame content.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm sorry for using the r-word slur. I got heated.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

2.1:
Acheron + Fu Xuan
Adventurine + Topaz

Robin+ ???
Firefly + ???

i'll be pulling on sparkle and was hoping to get aventurine (or huohuo in hopefully an upcoming rerun), but 2.2's robin is really really tempting me since she seems like ruan mei but better for dots (which is already a bonkers thing to say). also though, is the firefly entry there not meant to be sam's entry? i think there's some sort of svarog esque partnership going on with those two, right?

e: the thing would be that if i skipped aventurine i'd basically be continuing on with the knife edge full offense pulls i have where the only 5 star sustain/defender i have is bailu lol

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Meowywitch posted:

I can't believe Sam is just a guy in armor instead of a proper robot

Sam is a toku guy, he even does a rider kick!

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
God I hope the rerun leak is correct. I was so scared Topaz would be in part 1. I want to go all in on follow up attacks, so having the freedom to pull for Topaz's LC/E1 after I get Aventurine would be such a relief.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 18, 2024

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
On second thought, E2 Sparkle for party wide ignoring of 24% enemy defence sure sounds swell. I have enough 5 Star DPS I better go all in on Sparkle and hope for the best.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

franks posted:

As a relatively new player, I think I absolutely have to save everything for Fu Xuan, I always use her as support on my weekly boss fights
Can't go wrong with Fu Xuan - all the currently released limited 5-star sustains are strong units, but she is the only one of the three that stops characters that aren't building defensive stats from getting 1-shot by strong attacks in endgame content.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I mean, while the Alt-Right specifically is probably too specifically American, the 4chan style internal trolls with their "ironic" racism and everything is a pretty international phenomenon, isn't it?

Sparkle is definitely a Space Troll.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean the entire point of Aha is gleeful nihilism. Like the birth event of Aha is contemplating the totality of existence and how all of reality is meaningless in the face of non-existence, and laughing when they saw a child fall down and cry. The description of the Masked Fools starts with a loving Rick Astley joke, so....yeah, soulless internet trolls that tear people to shreds because they totally lack empathy and only get off on causing chaos is spiritually in line with the group. In the spirit of "What an Aeon is, and what people believe it to be" that comes up with the Preservation and the IPC, the Elation has the Mourning Actors too. Who deny joy in all forms, and preach stoicism and growth through suffering. And who are, in the end, just as blessed by Aha as the Masked Fools. Laughing at everything because it's all meaningless and denying joy because it's meaningless gets to the same point in the end. The Elation isn't about the laughter, it's the meaningless part that matters.

Basically "Why so serious?" is doubly perfect because it's meme-lord bullshit and because Aha is very literally a sociopathic clown in the vein of the Joker.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

A ha is a laugh

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I think this part of games is always the most fun. Speculating and theorizing on where the story is going. Which characters are important, etc.

Youtube suggested this CatWithBlueHat who does some pretty good interpretive videos from what I've watched and the one it suggested to me this morning is basically saying Firefly isn't all that important to the story in the end (potentially). Which is fun because everyone seems the most enraptured by her so far in 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHK9R6VBK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

biggest thing to look forward is the culture of the Pepeshi people.
will touch the fluff ball. maybe they make up a 4* one