Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia's tax system is worse than it was 15 years ago, and young people are paying the price, Ken Henry says (ABC).
Asbestos crisis hits Sydney as hazardous material found in mulch at parks and schools (Guardian).

Rowe:

Knight:

A Taylor Swift concert happened at a football stadium.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Immigration minister Andrew Giles, who the opposition have been constantly attacking since the High Court ruled last year that indefinite detention was unlawful.

Leunig:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I hope “running choko vines over outdoor dunnies” is as magical as it sounds to me.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Somehow, Leunig returned

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

what the gently caress is Leunig on about

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He's stupid and feels superior about it

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

The title of this one is "Days of Whine and Roses"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Something along the lines of "Lula said that Israel kills women and children." "What an injustice against us!"

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

NEMØ

The person we're supposed to agree with: Darth Vader. The person we're supposed to think is dumb and bad: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Patrick Chappatte

Pedro X. Molina

Pia Guerra

https://www.thedailybeast.com/witness-told-feds-she-was-paid-for-sex-parties-with-matt-gaetz

Randall Enos

Rivers

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: He's Like Us*

Ted Rall posted:

Despite Donald Trump’s long history of racism, a growing number of Black voters say they support him. Some analysts believe they identify with him because, like them, he has had problems with the legal system.

First Dog on the Moon: Get ready for the wedding of the century Australia!!! Toto Albanese is planning the big day

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: He's Like Us*

This is the first Rall to ever make me laugh out loud.

Not at all for the reasons Rall intended.

Good for you, Rall. You talk down to those Black people in their sweater vests who insist that Trump's criminality makes him just like Black people. Those people wholly imagined by GOP activists and propagandists.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah definitely the plan all along was to get long-beloved DNC-darling Kamala Harris to be president

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

:laffo: at Lindsay Lohan looking down from heaven :angel:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah definitely the plan all along was to get long-beloved DNC-darling Kamala Harris to be president

The murky and dangerous conspiracy of a President retiring for age related reasons and being replaced by the Vice President

How dare she be so ambitious and underhanded as to fulfill the legal order of succession

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pedro Molina

Nick Anderson

Jen Sorensen

Tom Tomorrow

Brian McFadden

Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Clay Jones

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Edit: gently caress it nvm

Willatron fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 17, 2024

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

skeleton warrior posted:

The murky and dangerous conspiracy of a President retiring for age related reasons and being replaced by the Vice President

How dare she be so ambitious and underhanded as to fulfill the legal order of succession
I'm still just reeling that he thinks Harris was anyone's first choice, let alone to the extent she was conspired to be smuggled in 4 years later.

Technowolf posted:

Clay Bennett

See, I hate this poo poo. It's implying, by contrast, that Trump is not also old. Or that Biden is not evil.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

See, I hate this poo poo. It's implying, by contrast, that Trump is not also old. Or that Biden is not evil.

It's reductionist as hell, because Biden isn't just old. His brain is swiss cheese. He is experiencing noticeable cognitive decline.
Old is one thing, outright senility is another.

And that's to say nothing of "Oh, well obviously only one candidate is evil" when they're both wretched pieces of poo poo and the debate has been about which one is the "lesser" evil since 2020.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Labour bandwagon – Labour is celebrating after leaving the Conservatives in the dust in the Wellingborough and Kingswood byelections"

Telegraph:

"Reform is not just a flash in the pan, these results show it holds the key to Tory re-election"

Matt:

Khan renames Overground in tribute to multiculturalism

Independent:

After Adolph Menzel.

The i paper:

Putin told Russia must face consequences after Alexei Navalny dies in prison

Times:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Technowolf posted:

Pedro Molina

Kellies nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Amjad Rasmi

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Jeff Danziger

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Randall Enos

Walt Handelsman

Ward Sutton

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Good job on keeping your pattern going there with the panel labels, bub.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Your natural aggression

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jesus christ, that Hur.

Kellies Nomination: Least concealed bigotry

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Jeremy Hunt leads Rishi Sunak towards electoral extinction – The economy is turning a corner, claims the chancellor. But look what’s lurking in the shadows"

Sunday Telegraph:

Navalny’s body found bruised in Arctic morgue

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Forgot to post these on Friday.

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

I feel like this visual metaphor would be a whole lot more effective if Putin and Trump were flipped.

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Vib Rib posted:

Your natural aggression

It's hilarious because there are dozens of other sports and options that don't involve brain injuries. Hell, wrestling is probably one of the best examples there are for a sport that's as full contact as it is possible to be, while still being quite safe for participants.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I find the decent to good mac comics infuriating as it shows he can actually do decent stuff but he stills pumps out so much vile poo poo.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

Kellies nomination: Worst Song Parody

Even I can tell that's nowhere close to the original

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened"

Look at that traced clip art. A bloody handprint on the front of the trophy that remains straight even as it goes around the side of it. "Confetti" littered that is literally the shape tool with a color fill, copied&pasted dozens of times along with copied&pasted bullet shells, none of which have any weight and a bunch of which are, unchanged, dropped on the bottom of the trophy. Look at that shell on the lower right corner of the base of the trophy! It is literally overlapping the trophy but has the same angles as the other bullets! And the litter is designed in such a way as to seem like you're looking at it from the top down, while the trophy is from the bottom up! And it's literally copied from the first link available in Google! https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...QAAAAAdAAAAABAI

To top it off, this is Stiglich, whose response to a mass shooting is "obviously this was caused by a poor DA who doesn't lock up every criminal for life"

This is the political cartooning equivalent of those "thoughts & prayers" e-mails GOP politicians send off when a mass shooting happens.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

FANI WILLIS’ CREDIBILITY IS DESTROYED. YOU BETTER BELIZE IT.
Cartoon published 02/15/2024

Fani Willis and her boyfriend Wade took lovely vacations to Aruba, Belize and Florida. Amazingly, all on the same continent—although Fani wouldn’t know that.

Much was revealed at the evidentiary hearing about alleged misconduct of Soros-backed Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis as the judge weighs evidence on whether Willis should be disqualified from the Trump RICO case. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Fani Willis “financially benefited” from a romantic relationship with Trump prosecutor Nathan Wade.

“I think it’s clear that disqualification can occur if evidence is produced demonstrating an actual conflict or the appearance of one,” Judge McAfee said in Monday’s hearing. “The state has admitted a relationship existed. And so what remains to be proven is the existence and extent of any financial benefit, again if there even was one. And so because I think its possible that the facts alleged by the defendant could result in disqualification, I think an evidentiary hearing must occur to establish the record on those core allegations.”

Like Ben’s Cartoons? Buy Ben A Virtual ‘Coffee’ Mmmmmm
Click to serve up a hot cup!

Fani Willis took the witness stand on Thursday, and she was hostile, arrogant, and showed her intelligence as she could not name the continent that Belize was located on. She also revealed a taste for ‘Grey Goose’ vodka and stashing stacks of cash in her home. Her boyfriend, Nathan Wade, also took the stand and testified under oath that he paid for all the vacations he took with Fani Willis and Fani reimbursed him in CASH for expenses. No one bothered to keep the receipts.

Fani’s credibility was destroyed because she lied to the court. Therefore, she should be disqualified.

Fani takes the stand once again on Friday morning. Considering what happened on Thursday, Friday should be very interesting.

—The Grrr Team

quote:

New York Kangaroo Court Fines Trump $355 Million

Cartoon published 02/17/2024

In a trial as ugly as Judge Engoron’s face, Trump was found guilty of being the biggest threat to the Deep State’s Joe Biden. Charged with financial fraud that never existed, the corrupt judge ruled Trump must pay over $350 million dollars—even though there was neither a crime nor a victim. Testimony showed that the bank who loaned trump money was paid back faster than expected and very happy with Trump as their client, but the judge said Trump overstated his collateral. Engoron abused his position as judge and made up figures out of his imagination. He invented a crime out of his imagination as well. What a crock. What an outrage. What a farce! It resembled a Soviet show trial.

New York Attorney General Letitia James ran on the platform of ‘getting Trump.’ She colluded with her ally, the anti-Trump Engoron, to achieve that goal, which consisted of humiliating Trump in the eyes of the voters, and in the process deliver a big financial blow to the former President. What they have done amounts to election interference. The Democrats are always mewling about their ‘democracy,’ but if necessary they’ll happily trample upon it to achieve their goals. That includes warping and tramping on our system of justice.

SHARE OUR NEWSLETTER LINK WITH YOUR ULTRA MAGA FRIENDS- SIGN UP TODAY FOR GREAT CARTOONS AND MORE DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! CLICK TO SHARE
Judge Engoron loved mugging for the TV cameras throughout the trial and he became downright gleeful when delivering his decision. Biased and corrupt, he actually laughed as he served up the verdict.

Trump will appeal the decision and he will probably win unless the next tier is corrupt as Engoron’s court. Is the Supreme Court also corrupt? When personal prejudice overrides written law, then there’s not much hope for our country. If the decision is allowed to stand, the Democrats will be emboldened to go after anyone who poses a remote threat to their rule.

The Marxist Democrats, with the help of the Uni-party RINO Republicans, want permanent control. Their operatives populate the FBI, CIA, and the NSA and many other government departments. It’s known as the ‘Deep State.’ Democrat operatives also exist in the court system—especially in the blue states. They have rigged the voting system. Everything has been weaponized against their adversaries. The United States now resembles the old Soviet Union. The Soviet, er, Democrat Party will be emboldened to crush their opposition if this decision is allowed to stand.

Trump is our last hope to make America great again—and they can’t stand that he might regain office. They worry that even with dead people voting and their mail-in ballot fraud scheme…it may not be enough.

Like Ben’s Cartoons? Buy Ben A Virtual ‘Coffee’ Mmmmmm
Click to serve up a hot cup!

Our Founding Fathers would be very disappointed if they could see just how far America has fallen. Our borders are wide open while we are engaged in foreign wars and entanglements. Criminals are allowed to go free, while innocent citizens such as Trump are harassed with law-fare. If our legal institutions are corrupt and it’s only further proof that our nation has fallen.

Our Republic is being replaced by a banana republic.

UPDATE: Truckers are now refusing to deliver goods to New York, after the court ruled Trump had to pay over $350 million fine for fraud. The Strike is set for Monday, February 19th.

— The GrrrTeam
By "truckers" I assume he means like one dude because I certainly haven't heard anything about this.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Technowolf posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst Song Parody

Even I can tell that's nowhere close to the original

Honestly it's pretty close. A few lines scan oddly, but this is easily top quarter of political cartoon song parodies. That's damning with faint praise for sure though

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Speaking of people who should be locked up for life, it's time once more for

Oh, good, nice to see we went there. I mean, it's not surprising, since we already went everywhere else.

I'll say this for Ishida: he keeps on finding worse ways to engage with pronouns than That One Joke.

A good cartoon.

(Also: Gandalf, notably someone that can be killed.)

I'm now wondering if he thought this pun up first and then wrote the whole rest of this arc to contain it.

I think Ishida has some serious misapprehensions about what most people would want heaven to be like.

Orcs are, very literally, demon spawn, so we're back to "it turns out immigrants were demons and/or aliens all along". Do I need to keep pointing out that this is all being said by someone whose name is Tatsuya Ishida?

Could we maybe, like, stick to one metaphor for how people are evil for a while? A year or two, perhaps? They're already demons and supervillains and now I guess they're ringwraiths too. But you can only see that if you... give in to Zionism? I don't even loving know.

I'd also like to take a moment to say that JRR Tolkien was at one point (about a year before WW2 started in earnest, I believe) contacted by the Nazi government to have his work published as pure Aryan fiction. (A lot of people think Lord of the Rings is a metaphor for the second World War. It's not, or at least Tolkien always maintained that it wasn't; he had most of the major plot elements down before WWII even happened; it is, of course, informed by Tolkien's personal experiences in the first World War, which is why his opinion of war in general is so negative.) In any event, he gave his publishers two letters with which they could respond to the Nazis, one polite and one not polite, and told them they could send whichever one they wanted. It's not entirely clear which one they sent, but this is the one they didn't send:

JRR Tolkien posted:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

I trust you will find this reply satisfactory, and

remain yours faithfully,

J. R. R. Tolkien

I like to imagine that this is the polite version. Anyway, just thought that might be worth mentioning as we get into more antisemitic Tolkien stuff. That's not to say there wasn't an element of (possibly unconscious) antisemitism in his depiction of dwarves (whom he definitely thought of as being Jewish), but he would be absolutely appalled at what Tatsuya is doing with his work here, and not just for artistic reasons.

Pettyfest

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It literally has just become him superimposing whatever right wing insanity he most recently imbibed on whatever piece of popular culture he last watched, hasn't it?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

It literally has just become him superimposing whatever right wing insanity he most recently imbibed on whatever piece of popular culture he last watched, hasn't it?

I wonder if he isn't just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.
"Ok, ok, what if I make the trans jews ringwraiths? Maybe THAT will go viral for me. gently caress, no. Ok, next week I'll try Palworld with child strippers."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is he just going to retell the entirety of Lord of the Rings, but replace all the good parts with overt bigotry...?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is he just going to retell the entirety of Lord of the Rings, but replace all the good parts with overt bigotry...?

good news, no! he's going to get distracted after a week or two and never return to it again

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

A good cartoon.
You're not even white yourself, why are you sucking up to the neonazis so much

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

idonotlikepeas posted:

A good cartoon.

(Also: Gandalf, notably someone that can be killed.)

I'm now wondering if he thought this pun up first and then wrote the whole rest of this arc to contain it.

I think Ishida has some serious misapprehensions about what most people would want heaven to be like.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like these three strips in particular have the stank of AI "art" on 'em. Especially the one with the dude in heaven looking at the back of the map for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like these three strips in particular have the stank of AI "art" on 'em. Especially the one with the dude in heaven looking at the back of the map for some reason.

It's just you