Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I said come in! posted:

No need, it will be mailed to you.

As a chud let me say Get Your Hands Off Me Big Government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I refuse to buy the Princess Peach game because of my staunch anti-monarchist views.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snake Maze posted:

I refuse to buy the Princess Peach game because of my staunch anti-monarchist views.

Honestly this is a valid view.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snake Maze posted:

Women can't do anything these days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr.Acula posted:

Do i have to be a misogynist to not want to drop $90CAD on a game clearly aimed for little girls?

Unfortunately yes

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I am hyped for Peach but I will wait for reviews, if you can beat it in like 3 hours I'll wait for a while

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe there's a post game hard mode where you play as Peach's understudy

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Peach’s Showtime could be fun but honestly it looks a bit too simple gameplay-wise to me.. at least from what they’ve shown. I know it’s for kids but it looks bare.

I played through Yoshi’s Crafted World, so I can do simple but that game had bonus optional stuff to complete. Hopefully Showtime has something more to it too, otherwise it might be a pass for me.

My niece will love it thou, so will be a good gift for her.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Nintendo does not make their games challenging or overtly long, not for kids, but as a favor to Gamers. The wisest know that Gamers will merely waste their days, instead of being productive at work, enjoying the outside and spending quality time with your friends and family. It's a simple argument of Quality > Quantity.

Thanks, Nintendo.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
I hate the way mario sounds when walks when hes upside down. does anyone have the link for the hack that restores all the old music and sound effects and adds the seth rogan laugh when donkey kong does the keyhole thing thanks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nice to see a mermaid Peach. Too bad they couldn't make it a powerup

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Just finished PoP. A fine game. Highlights include being able to press A to speed up credit speed and the glorious mechanics. So many bits taken from Hollow Knight.

Edit - 95%. No desire to 100% it. Three flasks and 4 lore items to find.

Sad Panda fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 18, 2024

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wizard2 posted:

Nintendo does not make their games challenging or overtly long, not for kids, but as a favor to Gamers. The wisest know that Gamers will merely waste their days, instead of being productive at work, enjoying the outside and spending quality time with your friends and family. It's a simple argument of Quality > Quantity.

Thanks, Nintendo.

:hmmyes:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sad Panda posted:

Just finished PoP. A fine game. Highlights include being able to press A to speed up credit speed and the glorious mechanics. So many bits taken from Hollow Knight.

I really loved the puzzles where you have three "lives" to make a little timeloop, each life building on the last. Made my brain feel good.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Sad Panda posted:

Just finished PoP. A fine game. ... So many bits taken from Hollow Knight.
It's pretty remarkable how the team examined and took the best from many recent Metroidvanias and Soulslikes, but also in contrast to them, it's remarkable the extent to which the team added accessibility/difficulty options.

Hollow Knight fans in particular defend the difficult combat of that game, especially the "wall bosses", and often claim that adding difficulty modifiers (beyond charm builds) would either be impossible or ruin the game. Yet PoP did it just fine, so folks are free to engage and enjoy the game on their own terms and if you want the vanilla experience that's fine too.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Talking about Metroidvanias, I find it funny Blasphemous 2 went the opposite direction of the original game: early game is extremely open thanks to being able to choose your initial weapon, but now I'm on the second half (?) and it's felt more linear. Mostly cause I want to get the drat relics for all those out of place things tantalizing me. But this Salt Penitent sure is reaping the salt out of me.

That being said I'm sure I did a boss earlier than I was meant to (the one under Mother of Mothers) and I didn't find the Fervor/Rosary upgrade NPCs until recently because I thought their area was meant for later.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

External Organs posted:

I really loved the puzzles where you have three "lives" to make a little timeloop, each life building on the last. Made my brain feel good.

Yeah these were great. I really enjoyed the platforming and combat mechanics in that game in general. A lot of the extended jumping sections where you couldn't touch the ground felt great to pull off, and the boss fights were uniformly rad.

Pinning screenshots to the map is also just such an awesome feature for that type of game.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I will not buy Princess Peach until the day it comes out when I read people raving about how great it is and won't be able to resist buying it because I want to play it but I will never find time to finish it and will forget all of this when the next game comes along and the process repeats again because I'm an idiot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Murdstone posted:

I will not buy Princess Peach until the day it comes out when I read people raving about how great it is and won't be able to resist buying it because I want to play it but I will never find time to finish it and will forget all of this when the next game comes along and the process repeats again because I'm an idiot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is probably not that long of a game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gonna buy a physical edition of Peach for my toddler, she's gonna flip her tail (she is a mermaid, or as she says, "wormaid")

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1759404045213798807
Pyoro starting Direct hints.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Murdstone posted:

I’m putting myself on a schedule.
By the end of February I want to finish Links Awakening.
March: BotW and Mother 3.
April: Mario wonder and probably Princess Peach, illusion Island.
Summer looks like Fallout 4, and that clears the way for me to take on something big like Xenoblade 1/2/3.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
A Daisy game would just have her decking opponents. No transformations or nothing she'll approach a shyguy and coldcock him in the center of his mask and keep moving.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Do you have to play Xenoblade Chronicles in order?

I have 3 (just arrived), but 1 is also on its way, and 2 is kinda hard to get but really I love the idea of X and the mechs and tbh I want to start with 1

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

23 Skidoo posted:

I have 3 (just arrived), but 1 is also on its way, and 2 is kinda hard to get but really I love the idea of X and the mechs and tbh I want to start with 1

Imo 1 and 2 are stand alone, but if you're going to play 3 you probably want to do them all in order. X is like off on its own with no relation.

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 19, 2024

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

You can pretty much play xenoblade 3 without playing the others. There is a bit with the main character from 2 but otherwise you don't really need to know their story.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
2 has nothing to do with 1 until the very very end (and then it has a lot to do with 1) and 3 is generally referential without being like "HEY IT'S [CHARACTER] FROM XENOBLADE 1!" Your experience will definitely be better having played 1 and 2 but it's fine to play without one or both if you must. 3's DLC is much more obviously referencing the earlier games and X is completely unrelated to the rest of the series.

You know how Chrono Cross has nothing to do with Trigger until the very end before it's revealed to have been a secret sequel? And like, the connection is there but you gotta squint a little bit and it probably would have been better as a standalone thing since it was already mostly doing that? That's kind of how the Xenoblade sequels go.

Artix fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 19, 2024

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I picked up Metroid Prime Remastered for my kid today. He seemed skeptical at first, saying it was just a spruced up old game. He enjoyed the small amount of Metroid Dread he played, so I told him to trust me. I wasn't surprised to find him hours later fully engrossed in the world of Tallon IV.

Another Metroid fan is born. It's wild to think that I also became a huge fan of Metroid playing the same game, at roughly the same age.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Metroid Prime is an old...game....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ragequit posted:

Another Metroid fan is born. It's wild to think that I also became a huge fan of Metroid playing the same game, at roughly the same age.

Doing some quick napkin math here to decide if I should call you a freak or not. Brb

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You passed. Continue on.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Math with no given numbers, good work Will Hunting

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

You passed. Continue on.

Appreciate the approval of a fun parent moment.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a solved question. They had their kid when they were 22.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

lol this guys a Tier 1 reliable source, alongside the guy that's been saying Switch Pro for literal years

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Len posted:

lol this guys a Tier 1 reliable source, alongside the guy that's been saying Switch Pro for literal years

lol

For what it's worth, Pyoro's accurately provided hints for multiple Directs before in advance of them dropping. Like Mario vs. DK, F-Zero 99, Another Code: Recollection, NSO emulation stuff. Likes to be cute and make people guess, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would bet it's one of those non Pokemon game freak games like Tembo the Badass Elephant or that middling Rhythm game on 3ds

Game Freak is a partner in that they are not the same thing as The Pokemon Company. They even make games on other consoles sometimes

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

new Pocket Card Jockey confirmed

please

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

23 Skidoo posted:

You forgot Torna, which is like. Quasi-DLC but is its own standalone game really. I bought my copy from Japan during the pandemic and you can find it cheaper now. I think there are some versions which come with a copy of xbc2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

otter posted:

You forgot Torna, which is like. Quasi-DLC but is its own standalone game really. I bought my copy from Japan during the pandemic and you can find it cheaper now. I think there are some versions which come with a copy of xbc2.

Yeah, unfortunately all of the cheap copies I can find on eBay of Torna are European and as an ausgoon I’m not sure the DLC would work :-/