Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kvantum posted:

Blame the NBA all star game.

they should have cancelled that poo poo for pro wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
The NBA all stars should have been forced to fight the Bang Bang Scissor Gang on Rampage if they wanted the Collision timeslot, terrible booking.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Collision was cancelled. They're coming for Dynamite any day now...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Did anyone say Nick Jackson should Dick Jacksoff yet.

Thank you, for this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punk-less, FTR-less Collision is fraudulent anyway, good riddance

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

NienNunb posted:

Punk-less, FTR-less Collision is fraudulent anyway, good riddance

ftr is on collision like every week!!!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony has failed us yet again

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
remember when we only had 2 hours of AEW a week.

Thank god we have 4 hours now, except for this week (and maybe forever if rumors are true and there will be an nba all-star game weekly)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i googled collision and hit the news tab once for aew news and said, ohhhh, oh no thats sad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Collision did an all time low rating last night 😔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hirez posted:

remember when we only had 2 hours of AEW a week.

Thank god we have 4 hours now, except for this week (and maybe forever if rumors are true and there will be an nba all-star game weekly)

we Have five hours

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Colliders........we lost. 😞

this was the CC’s goal all along

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
nba all star stuff last night sucked to watch. how comes Tony couldnt get Collision on TBS for a day smh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

nba all star stuff last night sucked to watch. how comes Tony couldnt get Collision on TBS for a day smh

fake sports tend to be bad

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we Have five hours

rampage doesn't count

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
we had five hours before it was called aew dark

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m glad tony doesn’t hold his staff hostage in daily’s place until 3am anymore

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m glad tony doesn’t hold his staff hostage in daily’s place until 3am anymore

I'm not, he's getting ripped off and can't even properly extract labor correctly. Dude is a failure

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yep. his dad must be so disappointed

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony Khan trying to explain to the AEW board of directors (his dad) why most of his employees only work one day a week at best

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony just isnt carnie enough, jack

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Collision did an all time low rating last night 😔

Tied with the last week of 2023. 😞

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Bucks whole character is feuding with CM Punk who isn't there anymore is peak

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i do not care for the bucks

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

same, but at least they're not ftr

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RBX posted:

The Bucks whole character is feuding with CM Punk who isn't there anymore is peak

I mean that’s not what they’re really doing. They’re just leaning into the internet rumors about them that everyone believes without looking at it any deeper.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

The Young Bucks are the best tag team in the world.

You disagree? Maybe you prefer the Hardy boys? Didn't think so.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

They’re so gotten to that it’s pathetic. Sometimes it feels they’re genuinely trying to “kill the business” of aew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're leaning in super hard on the CM Punk stiff which is honestly kind of cowardly after they no sold the guy so hard when he was in the company but the character work itself is solid gold and maybe the best stuff they've ever done in AEW so I'm cool with it.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

August 2023 i left professional wrestling

August 2026 i'm back

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder why they didn’t poke fun at the fragile tantrum man more while he was still in the company :thunk:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Young Bucks spent all that time writing material for a CM Punk feud and they're not gonna just throw that away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wonder why they didn’t poke fun at the fragile tantrum man more while he was still in the company :thunk:

Because they didn't want to work with him and if they had, he would still be in the company.

I'm not questioning the effectiveness of their methods.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

They're leaning in super hard on the CM Punk stiff which is honestly kind of cowardly after they no sold the guy so hard when he was in the company but the character work itself is solid gold and maybe the best stuff they've ever done in AEW so I'm cool with it.

this is where i’m at. it’s good stuff now but the california cabal stonewalling punk was not healthy for the company

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CM Punk is back with his friends and comrades and doesn't have to pretend anymore so I'm happy for him!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is where i’m at. it’s good stuff now but the california cabal stonewalling punk was not healthy for the company

I mean I can go either way on that. I understand Punk has the old school perspective of, we fought it out, now let's make some money. But the Bucks have real legitimate reason to feel like they were essentially baited into an ambush for something they genuinely seemed to have nothing to do with. If they wanted to no sell Punk, I think they had every right to, but doing this stuff after he's gone is just hypocritical enough that I'm gonna point it out even if I immensely enjoy it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I mean I can go either way on that. I understand Punk has the old school perspective of, we fought it out, now let's make some money. But the Bucks have real legitimate reason to feel like they were essentially baited into an ambush for something they genuinely seemed to have nothing to do with. If they wanted to no sell Punk, I think they had every right to, but doing this stuff after he's gone is just hypocritical enough that I'm gonna point it out even if I immensely enjoy it.

i think if someone wants to make amends with you, even if you don’t like them, as someone not in high school you just do it. you don’t have to be their friend. it wasn’t the first or last fight in a locker room.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hiring Punk was the worst decision Tony made and speaks to his inability to run a business because it's run entirely on fanboy sensibilities. Oh let's just hire my favorite action figure as a child. Does he have a dark history of abuse, betrayal, and "hard to work with"-ness? Doesn't matter I need my favorite toy the numbers are going to be so good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i think if someone wants to make amends with you, even if you don’t like them, as someone not in high school you just do it. you don’t have to be their friend. it wasn’t the first or last fight in a locker room.

I understand that perspective and I understand the perspective that they should've just done it to make money for the company. I also understand the perspective that if a guy insults you and then attacks you for seemingly no reason, you have a right to not have to interact with that guy at least until he proves he can go a few months without flipping out and, well.

Like, the Bucks ain't the ones that went into business for themselves on Punk on national TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also he tried to kill people. That was later but pretty good evidence he never should have been hired.