Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Black Lighter posted:

LaVar Arrington

I wanna remember, was he a linebacker? For the Cardinals?

Dan Gronkowski
Hyper deep cut: Maurice "Mo Chedda" Fountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Linebacker, yes. Cardinals, no. He played for Washington and then the Giants and IIRC had a career ending knee or leg injury against Dallas in what was Romo’s first serious action (Maybe the game where he replaced Bledsoe?).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

https://youtu.be/g6CslpftOe4?feature=shared

And I believe he strongly defended Jerry Sandusky because Jerry was his coach at Penn State

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Big Jeff

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Jeff Faine

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Logan Mankins had a productive career for the Patriots. He was an excellent guard, but had the misfortune of being drafted after the first run of SBs and before the second run of SBs.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Komet posted:

The Bears were always my first choice in playing against other people in Tecmo Super Bowl because that offense was just versatile enough with Neal Anderson running or catching screens that it was hard for a human to play defense against, and Mike Singletary had God tier speed which allowed you to play him in coverage and break up every pass.

I had a mini stroke and read Mike Singletary as Mike Shanahan, and had a further stroke, prolly partially primed by the Harbaugh chat

Corey Dillon. My older brother and I chose the bengos in NFL 2k/2k1/etc for reasons and he was the Sonic QB and I was the Tails RB. Neither of us remember who the bengals qb(s?) were during that era, but we remember Corey Dillon.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 18, 2024

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Akili Smith

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

Linebacker, yes. Cardinals, no. He played for Washington and then the Giants and IIRC had a career ending knee or leg injury against Dallas in what was Romo’s first serious action (Maybe the game where he replaced Bledsoe?).

I'll always remember him as part of the failed Dan Snyder Super Team that included Deion and Bruce Smith. They were supposed to stomp the NFC East that year, but went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, which in no way previewed the next two decades of Washington football.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quiet feet remembered lavar arrington but i bet they also sort of remembered...

jj arrington

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Cavauro posted:

quiet feet remembered lavar arrington but i bet they also sort of remembered...

jj arrington

Jj stokes

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Lavar was supposed to be Micah Parsons. he was solid from what I remember but no star.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Criminal Minded posted:

Lavar was supposed to be Micah Parsons. he was solid from what I remember but no star.

He was a 3x pro bowler and a 2 time 2nd team all pro before he got injured in his fifth year. He was very good.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I forgot he got hurt, the past recedes into a haze...

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
All-Pro linebacker Brian Orakpo!!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Wayne Gallman

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Let us remember the three-headed dragon of Bears quarterbacks known as Shane Matthews, Jim Miller and Cade McNown.

Actually, let's not. Those were dark days.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim Druckenmiller

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Erik Kramer

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Erik Flowers

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Hakeem Nicks

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Mario Manningham

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Aaron Maybin

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I always confuse him and Jason Babin.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Victor cruz

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Ramses Barden

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Mark Chmura

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Toby Gerhart

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

you should write more words about your football guys

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is the remember a guy thread, not a describe a guy thread

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I want more words about Najee Davenport making GBS threads in someone's laundry basket

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Black Sunshine posted:

I want more words about Najee Davenport making GBS threads in someone's laundry basket

the content we crave

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Fat Jesus posted:

Aaron Maybin was a massive draft bust tweener one-year wonder type who did nothing for the Bills and had one good game as a Jet against the Bills.
He also seemed like a loving bitch.

Hmmm...oh! Brian Brohm. Did you know Brian Brohm started a game at quarterback for the Bills?
He was loving awful, and I've seen some terrible drat QBs. He wasn't even the first Green Bay wash-out QB we tried: we also had Craig Nall at some point, and he was somewhat less terrible but still really bad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

paul pozlusny

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

paul pozlusny

I remember him! Played LB for the Jags right?

Patrick Chung had kind of an odd career. He was drafted fairly high and tasked with being a single high safety. He never really panned out in that regard, but he went to the Eagles for awhile, then came back as a good box / TE cover safety.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The number of guys who Belichick coached up and who left for big contracts they never lived up to is pretty wild.

Anyway, Ty Warren, who was the other 1st round pick DL on those early Patriots teams that wasn't the HoF caliber guy Richard Seymour or Vince Wilfork were, but was still a very solid player for like 7 years before fading away.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Anderson Koopa posted:

I remember him! Played LB for the Jags right?

Started with the Bills and then ended up with the Jags. He was one of those linebackers with a square head and a massive neck, like Takeo Spikes.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

Ok so someone else already said Brandon Jacobs. His whole deal was that he was a running back who could run a 4.4 but was the size of a linebacker. He was beastly for awhile but as you might predict, his legs got shredded cause he couldn't get low enough. Everyone was just diving at his knees in order to stop him. Anyway. He has an even bigger son who just committed to Clemson.

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 19, 2024

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Dominic Rhodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Forrest on Fire posted:

Remember Kevin Kolb? He doesn't.

:wave: I'm never getting rid of my Kolbatar, his curse is contained for now.

For a guy though, has anyone said Legedu Naanee? 5* Just a Dude name.