Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

Of all the ARPGs I've played though, Last Epoch is the one I feel least strongly about needing to be online for. That is assuming the SSF faction exists in offline mode.

I honestly prefer ARPGs to be offline, I like mods / save editors. Wish Path of Exile was offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Last Epoch is very good so far but the voice acting... jesus.. so bad.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shammypants posted:

Last Epoch is very good so far but the voice acting... jesus.. so bad.

What voice acting? Can't say I've heard any, besides maybe a couple of lines you hear while doing that one story dungeon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Aren't all the story NPCs voice acted? This is why you can't just skim their dialog and have to instead skip it entirely.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The campaign voice acting starts off terrible and gets better as you reach newer content. One of the more noticeable "hey we were a kickstarter" traits

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Honestly I seldom if ever play with folks, though there’s something about having a chat window open that, even though I’m playing SSF, makes it feel less lonely? I almost exclusively play alone but yeah.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Saxophone posted:

Honestly I seldom if ever play with folks, though there’s something about having a chat window open that, even though I’m playing SSF, makes it feel less lonely? I almost exclusively play alone but yeah.

I assume there's no equivalent of the POE numbered chat channels so goons can take over a specific one

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
probably should get the goon poe discord to reopen the last epoch channel for launch

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Played a Spellblade through the campaign yesterday, and wow was that rough. Eventually I got some sort of combo going, but overall it was the most awkward class I've tried (not that I've tried many). I really hope they at least switch the order you learn skills so you aren't stuck with the most boring ones for 40 levels. Ironically, Bladedancer feels way more magical to play than the actual sword-wizard class. Also, maybe I am just dumb, but it feels quite difficult to build both melee damage and spell damage at the same time? Yet a bunch of passives and skill trees trigger free spell casts, which did effectively 0 damage when I was built for melee (as in like 50 when my sword skill was critting for 10k). Seems awkward as well.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 18, 2024

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Today's blog shows some new base items as well as some uniques that change animations.

I like that sword...

The blog:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770?emclan=103582791464393854&emgid=4216001856252954258

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Saxophone posted:

The less lonely bit i understand.

For me that's when i fire up Twitch and have let a game relevant streamer do their thing as i play the game.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The devs can actually name classes that would want to use the gear they're creating.

Meanwhile D4 devs are windmill slamming "increase shrine duration" on all their gear.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lagidnam posted:

Today's blog shows some new base items as well as some uniques that change animations.

I like that sword...

The blog:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770?emclan=103582791464393854&emgid=4216001856252954258

Praying that that ice flask makes an acid flask build worth using.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Shift can throw flasks for free, so something something.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Has there been any talk of any kind of 'clan system' or whatever the hell for launch? Would be nice to have some kind of in-game organization tools.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pylons posted:

Praying that that ice flask makes an acid flask build worth using.
my question is how does it interact with hive mind? can i get cold bees?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Clarste posted:

Played a Spellblade through the campaign yesterday, and wow was that rough. Eventually I got some sort of combo going, but overall it was the most awkward class I've tried (not that I've tried many).

Spellblade has a generator/spender playstyle and not everyone likes it. Shatterstrike and Flame Reave are pretty great for leveling but they don't come fully online until you get Firebrand around level 40. It's kind of common to stick with generic mage leveling skills like Glacier and Frostclaw until you're able to full commit to melee. There are some leveling uniques like Sunwreath that make it smoother to go melee.

It's not really smart to build both spell and melee damage at the same time. The spell trigger side of things is more about stacking attack speed and spell damage together and ignoring melee damage. That type of build is heavily enabled by Dragorath's Claw and the Macuahuitl node in Frost Claw. This is what a full build for it looks like: https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/PAV4w7RB. The goal is to trigger 90 spell crits in 1.5 seconds or less to reset the cooldown on Static, which is a big multi-hit spell nuke on its own.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gnoma posted:

Shatterstrike and Flame Reave are pretty great for leveling but they don't come fully online until you get Firebrand around level 40.

Yeah, that was my main complaint for leveling. Like, you can spam those skills, but it's really boring until Firebrand, which is the skill that Allows You To Function as a swordmage. So it's weird you don't get it way sooner.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

bamhand posted:

The devs can actually name classes that would want to use the gear they're creating.

Meanwhile D4 devs are windmill slamming "increase shrine duration" on all their gear.

+Damage Against Healthy Enemies :barf:

+Damage Against Hurt Enemies :barf:

The worst mods

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lucky Hit (10% Chance): 3% Chance to Increase Physical Damage by 1.7% against Healthy Enemies

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

mcvey posted:

Has there been any talk of any kind of 'clan system' or whatever the hell for launch? Would be nice to have some kind of in-game organization tools.

They've said guilds/clans won't be 1.0.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

heres hoping this game is good and playable this week

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would be surprised if the online is playable on the 21st. A lot of big name content creators for Path of Exile have been singing Last Epoch's praises ahead of its release, so the PoE community is going to rush this game hard.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Luckily we'll have several free days to read through all the patch notes.

I don't think it's a reasonable expectation for them to survive a rush from bored and curious Diablo and PoE players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, it's no big deal imo since we have offline. The game will be playable either way, just our preferred gameplay mode might not be.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Are you forced to go through the campaign once or every season or every character?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
every character. You can duck out early even on your first, but you still need your idol slots and passive points from sidequests.

they've said you need to get to like, act 9 on a character to unlock the merchant's guild and circle of fortune, but after that they'll show up earlier in the campaign for alts.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Completing act 9 also gives you permanent +1 to all the base stats. Which is something, but not huge.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah with there not being a league at launch I have no problem just playing offline to dink around.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The game is going to have a rough going at first (but what game doesn't....) but it's way more complete/fun and there's an actual endgame unlike the other ARPG we all like to bash

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
After playing a few days this game feels almost exactly like PoE with a slightly better crafting system, which isn't really enough to make me want to play it more.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

After playing a few days this game feels almost exactly like PoE with a slightly better crafting system, which isn't really enough to make me want to play it more.

I got to monoliths with a few characters and dropped it, between the mp issues killing it for my play group and the combat feeling kinda weightless I lost interest

I do like the systems design in general, so I'll check out the 1.0 release to see how it feels (even if the campaign still not being done is pretty lol)

I'm mostly curious to see if they've improved gamepad support and mp. If not, well, grim dawn has an expansion coming this year and D4 is getting an itemization revamp next season and an expansion as well

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah I know it's been mentioned before but the the damage stuff just lacks some oophm. It's not satisfying at all

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah that I do agree with, not sure what it is but killing stuff in last epoch does not feel as good as popping packs in PoE, wether its an animation thing or sound or what but nothing feels as good as popping a screen with ice shatters or explodies in PoE.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Is this with the combat weight changes that were listed as coming in 1.0? I agree that previous versions lacked that satisfying feel but I was hoping that 1.0 would address that

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Is this with the combat weight changes that were listed as coming in 1.0? I agree that previous versions lacked that satisfying feel but I was hoping that 1.0 would address that

We'll know on Wednesday

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

That should be mentioned in the upcoming patch notes I think, since it was scheduled for release.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

patch notes are live:
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-1-0-patch-notes/62536

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wait, item factions are "player trading" and "self-found"? That's kinda funny...but I welcome a way to bypass player trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Bosses are no longer pushable!

Fully offline mode requires restarting to swap between modes.

Enemy hp increase, corruption scaling increase, mob density reduction?

Added Parry as a new defense type and as a new Affix type
Parry is a defensive mechanic that grants a chance to negate all damage taken from hits. However, unlike Dodge, Parrying does still count as being hit and as a result of that ailments can still be applied to you when you parry a hit
Parry has no effect against Damage over time effects and is capped at 75%