Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hazo posted:

I’ve read this multiple times and I still have no idea what this lunatic is trying to say.

Does she think Texas shares a border with another country besides Mexico?

https://x.com/lauraloomer/status/1759351435316363479?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

edit: Spoiler: she does not, in fact, get on one of the pirraguas
i think she wants the us to do border patrols in another country without thinking why that's insanely dumb on every level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It's almost like no US government agency at the US border has any way to count or estimate how many migrants are coming across? :shrug:

Why does she have to go to Panama?

Why doesn't she just join one of the Migrant Caravans™ that are apparently crossing in I-405 volumes on the daily

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I still think Buchanan is worse than Trump but that's subject to change
I think this is still a correct take, and to offer a defense of the other side (that Trump is worse than Buchanan) you would need to make the case that Buchanan was just merely ineffective, incompetent and unable to lead during the prelude to the Civil War rather than being actively hostile towards the process (which you can point out for Johnson during early reconstruction),

quote:

The dispute over Kansas became the battlefront for control of the Democratic Party. On one side were Buchanan, the majority of Southern Democrats, and the "doughfaces". On the other side were Douglas and the majority of northern Democrats, as well as a few Southerners. Douglas's faction continued to support the doctrine of popular sovereignty, while Buchanan insisted that Democrats respect the Dred Scott decision and its repudiation of federal interference with slavery in the territories

Bleeding Kansas shows where his position lied with the sentiment at the time and when you add how he handled himself shortly after Lincoln was declared the victor of the election in his last Congressional speech...

quote:

With Lincoln's victory, talk of secession and disunion reached a boiling point, putting the burden on Buchanan to address it in his final speech to Congress on December 10. In his message, which was anticipated by both factions, Buchanan denied the right of states to secede but maintained the federal government was without power to prevent them. He placed the blame for the crisis solely on "intemperate interference of the Northern people with the question of slavery in the Southern States," and suggested that if they did not "repeal their unconstitutional and obnoxious enactments ... the injured States, after having first used all peaceful and constitutional means to obtain redress, would be justified in revolutionary resistance to the Government of the Union." Buchanan's only suggestion to solve the crisis was "an explanatory amendment" affirming the constitutionality of slavery in the states, the fugitive slave laws, and popular sovereignty in the territories. His address was sharply criticized both by the North, for its refusal to stop secession, and the South, for denying its right to secede.

I could see somebody making the argument Trump is worse than Buchanan solely because the former actively sought and encouraged interfering in the electoral process for personal gain, compared to Buchanan being an ineffective administrator at at time of the biggest political crisis for the country (but you have to also accept Buchanan fully supported the Dred Scott decision from the Supreme Court as valid, meaning that black people were property and property did not have standing to litigate a case before the Supreme Court).

There's a reason why Buchanan and Johnson are the two easy pulls for the worst President, and that's because the former screwed up enough to give the Confederates the best hand heading into the Civil War and the latter ensured their victory in Reconstruction. The fact that Trump is in comparison with those two men in particular should be more than enough to show where he lies in the Presidential ranking.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

2022 ranking

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

No it is not true.

Trump died in the toilet.

The rumors are he needed to order one of those hippo toilets for people who keep hippos as inside pets. Super wide bowl and automatic robotic hippo tail inside the bowl to spray poo poo everywhere every time you go. And yeah as he stood their mesmerized by this automatic robotic hippo tail just fling poo poo around the bathroom, in his trance like state he just plopped straight into head first, into that gain hippo toilet bowl. And yeah once you're in one of those things you're not getting out.

When will people learn, people should use people toilets. :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hazo posted:

I’ve read this multiple times and I still have no idea what this lunatic is trying to say.

Does she think Texas shares a border with another country besides Mexico?

https://x.com/lauraloomer/status/1759351435316363479?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

edit: Spoiler: she does not, in fact, get on one of the pirraguas

We need to bomb Panama.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

We need to bomb Panama.

Hey maybe Project Plowshare could finally have a chance to see if digging another channel with a whole bunch of nukes would actually work!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Honestly surprised GW isn't in the bottom 5. Invaded a foreign nation under false pretenses and caused the US to get involved in a string of wars and "police actions" that persist arguably to this day. His leadership made the nation and the rest of the world demonstrably worse. At least Trump was lazy when it came to attacking other countries.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

We need to bomb Panama while loomer is there

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

Honestly surprised GW isn't in the bottom 5. Invaded a foreign nation under false pretenses and caused the US to get involved in a string of wars and "police actions" that persist arguably to this day. His leadership made the nation and the rest of the world demonstrably worse. At least Trump was lazy when it came to attacking other countries.
Civil War really affects the historical rankings, hence why Pierce, Buchanan and Johnson are there in the top 5 lowest ranked only separated by Lincoln in succession between the latter two for four Presidents within the same time period. Harding gets a ton of (deserved) poo poo over the Teapot Dome Scandal, which was at the time the biggest corruption scandal for a Presidential Administration leading to somebody doing prison time, but I think Trump's personal actions go far beyond that since the former was mainly a single corrupt government contract compared to actions during a Presidential tenure targeting the electoral process in multiple corrupt schemes (that are ongoing).

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Golly

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mannerup posted:

but I think Trump's personal actions go far beyond that since the former was mainly a single corrupt government contract compared to actions during a Presidential tenure targeting the electoral process in multiple corrupt schemes (that are ongoing).

So when the Democrats retake the house are the ever going to start an investigate the whole 2 Billion dollar Saudi deal with trumps son in law? Or has there alraady been an investigation into that. Because yeah that was some of the most insanely shady poo poo and it just seems to of been forgotten.

Plus him having to pay back two billion dollars would be hilarious.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Devils Affricate posted:

At least Trump was lazy when it came to attacking other countries.

He straight up assassinated the top military leader of Iran. I'm honestly surprised they didn't smuggle nukes into the USA for retaliation by now.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Philthy posted:

He straight up assassinated the top military leader of Iran. I'm honestly surprised they didn't smuggle nukes into the USA for retaliation by now.

Ok, now imagine if he invaded another country with the full force of the US military, boots on the ground, planes in the air, and not only killed/imprisoned several of its top governmental leaders but also their head of state.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chilling.

https://x.com/lauraloomer/status/1759354588224946590?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Philthy posted:

that specific action really goes against the whole Maureen Dowd-esque "Donald the Dove" narrative, guy straight up ordered a missile strike on a high-ranking Iranian military leader in the most overt fashion in a third party country (Iraq). Say whatever you want about Soleimani, but I can't think of a more overt attack on Iran besides firing missiles in Tehran. Bolton would be proud of such a maneuver.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

God drat, I usually pass through this thread and kind of chuckle at the lovely right but this invoked anger in me. Evoked? Well, I'm angry, anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mons Hubris posted:

What’s the over/under on Trump dying on the toilet? I’ll take the under.

How could he die under a toilet. He'll be over it

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Lol remember when Obama had Iran under control with some president deals then Trump tore up all those deals because OBAMA.

The Repubs in congress wrote the Iranians letters while it was happening saying this deal is no good at the time.

Then Trump murdered Soleimani for a sound bite. I read somewhere the Pentagon offered that up because they always offer a crazy option to the president for them to say no, then walk back to some less crazy options. But Trump was like "yep kill him" and they had to do it.

Now Iran won't deal with us politically and it's gonna be a problem.

Because of the libs

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

You can just feel the roiling hatred she feels for all of those children in those pictures. loving serial killer energy.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What is wrong with her??

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Poor kids, got LOOMERED :(

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

These poor kids dragged along for the invasion :(

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

vaginite posted:

Lol remember when Obama had Iran under control with some president deals then Trump tore up all those deals because OBAMA.

The Repubs in congress wrote the Iranians letters while it was happening saying this deal is no good at the time.

Then Trump murdered Soleimani for a sound bite. I read somewhere the Pentagon offered that up because they always offer a crazy option to the president for them to say no, then walk back to some less crazy options. But Trump was like "yep kill him" and they had to do it.

Now Iran won't deal with us politically and it's gonna be a problem.

Because of the libs
The JCPOA was the best possible deal we were going to get from Iran at that time (and nobody who drafted the agreement was dumb enough to believe it would prevent Iran from ever getting a viable nuclear weapon but rather slowed progress towards it by providing us comprehensive and verifiable evidence via the IAEA they were compliant with enrichment yields and inventory of subterfuges centrifuges lol).

Those agreements where the consensus of experts (this is to slow them, not stop them) ran into public consensus (they are giving Iran billions of dollars to build more nukes and blow up America) and lost.

One of the worst arms control mistakes of the 21st century was pulling out of the JCOPA unilaterally imo.

mannerup fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 19, 2024

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

How the hell do you post this good?
They're gonna have to goldmine your post history.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Does the right wing attempt to resolve their cognitive dissonance with suffering migrant children by declaring that their parents are trafficking them?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Also it wasn't that specific tweet that got Liam banned, he was the one who publicly outed Elon's John Barron alt account, Adrian Dittman.

He seriously got banned for that?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Buchanan gets dinged for sitting on his hands while the nation slid into civil war, but I think a strong case can be made that it would have required someone with supernatural skills of suasion and diplomacy and no such person existed, the nation having kicked the can of slavery down the road for generations and all the compromises and discussions and talks spent itself in the lead up to the 1860 election. If we had elected Buchanan in 1816 he'd been remembered much more fondly, or at least allowed to slide into historical obscurity with grace. He was the wrong person at the wrong time, but there was no right person to substitute. Buchanan was terrible because he couldn't stop the breakup that had been papered over since the founding and took the most passive approach to it. But I'm not sure what the alternative would have looked like.

Trump actively ran the country into the ground through his pathological nature. We can easily see what a less crazy president would have been like with just the pandemic response alone, because it was something other nations navigated with a lot more ease because their leaders had a modicum of sense.

Buchanan actively worked to turn the west into slave owning states and upset whatever equilibrium existed before he came to power. The last thing I thought I would be seeing is Buchanan apologia lmao

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Thesaurus posted:

Does the right wing attempt to resolve their cognitive dissonance with suffering migrant children by declaring that their parents are trafficking them?

They have dehumanized them to the point that this isn't a problem.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I hope during that photo the child was gasping in horror as loomer sneeringly gazed upon him, then sought shelter before she dropped down on all fours and unhinged her jaw in pursuit

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Buchanan actively worked to turn the west into slave owning states and upset whatever equilibrium existed before he came to power. The last thing I thought I would be seeing is Buchanan apologia lmao
The fact he believed the Dred Scott decision was correctly decided and should be the basis for reconciliation between the Northern and Southern States should've been an easy giveaway he clearly favored one side in the dispute.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mannerup posted:

The fact he believed the Dred Scott decision was correctly decided and should be the basis for reconciliation between the Northern and Southern States should've been an easy giveaway he clearly favored one side in the dispute.

The guy actively pressured the court to vote the way they did!

quote:

In secret consultation, Buchanan urged Justice Robert Grier to join with the majority to issue a broader interpretation of the Constitution, undermining congressional authority to decide on the status of slavery in new states.

https://civilwaronthewesternborder.org/encyclopedia/buchanan-james

He was hell bent on making America a slave owning country hell or high water.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My dad is 76, and turns 77 this year.

He got himself a TESOL certificate from Monash Uni. and is spending his retirement as an assistant at the local TAFE helping newly arrived migrants learn English. Something he is very passionate about, as a migrant himself.

Also today was his first day as an assistant at a local primary school where he works with a program for "disadvantaged kids". And he texted me about how he spent the morning helping some ADHD kid by sitting with him and shooting hoops on the basketball court.

I tell you all this to brag about my dad. But also show that not all 77 year olds have millions of dollars in debt and rape acusations against them.

If an old brown skinned man living in the suburbs of Melbourne can do it, then why the gently caress can't a born NY millionaire living out of a Florida country club?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to do anything of value

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Buchanan turning the dial labeled SLAVERY and looking back at the electorate

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

New Saw movie is looking way too scary. Where is society going?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement?utm_source=customer

Go fund me has removed all comments

Not sure if it was the owner of go fund me or go fund me themselves

NEVER SURRENDER! DONATE NOW TO HELP TRUMP COMPLY!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mons Hubris posted:

What’s the over/under on Trump dying on the toilet? I’ll take the under.

Why are you like this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

just curious about the view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

MrMojok posted:

Good evening, Night Krewe!

There is only ONE rule in effect in this thread tonight.

Do not come.

Do NOT come.

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzhW2YGidSk&t=191s