Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the main reason trade sanctions would work on America even though they never worked on any other country is that America is chemically dependent on coffee and cutting off the supply would cause riots.

Good news, with another 50 years of climate change we'll be able to grow coffee in Appalachia and finally give that region a way to wean itself off coal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
they could do what the turks did and dedicate an entire province to caffeine production
rize is garbage but they're now no longer vulnerable to a blockade sending the entire population into caffeine withdrawals
turn florida into a coffee plantation

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Ohtori Akio posted:

same but i took something different

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

turn florida into a coffee plantation

its already the nation's sugar plantation

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

florida could easily grow the world's worst coffee at its majestic 340 feet of elevation

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

they grow coffee in hawaii but its a gourmet niche thing

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
glad to see the coffee thread taking off. Hope you're all whacked out on buzz beans

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
coffee time.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Benagain posted:

Good news, with another 50 years of climate change we'll be able to grow coffee in Appalachia and finally give that region a way to wean itself off coal.

they'll just roast the coffee over coal, in "the way of our ancestors"

having a coffee now. Hope it improves my posting

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

they'll just roast the coffee over coal, in "the way of our ancestors"

having a coffee now. Hope it improves my posting

It's working :)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
having a coffee now. hoping it improves my making GBS threads

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Ohtori Akio posted:

having a coffee now. hoping it improves my making GBS threads

It will

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

smoobles posted:

It's working :)
:)

Having a second now. I'm going to OP a post

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I bought a warming plate for my Chemex so I can make more coffee and enjoy it longer

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

it did

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

👍

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

:george:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
if yr doing pre-ground target’s house blend isn’t bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mags posted:

if yr doing pre-ground target’s house blend isn’t bad

drinking this now it’s good

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol that there's a caffeine subreddit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drank a large amt of coffee / tea today

1x green tea (over ice) morning
1x coffee (french press) (over ice) late morning
1x green tea lunch (over ice) lunch
1x coffee (hot) afternoon
1x espresso (my neighbor made, also came with donut) early evening
1x coffee (over ice) evening

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

drink less tea and more coffee imo

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

drink less tea and more coffee imo

doing this

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
The hand doctor said caffeine could be worsening my carpal tunnel issues and asked how much I drank. I told her we usually make 14 heaping tsp of cold brew in a 64oz container at night and then and I drink about 2/3 of it

She said that's maybe a bad idea, so I'm maybe trying to find another hand doctor that's not a crazy anti drug weirdo

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Cabbages and Kings, this is your doctor speaking. I'm advising you to keep brewing and drinking that poo poo.

021824_2
Feb 19, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bout to have one last coffee

Sep 26, 2020

Just got back from a trip to El Paso (well, the gorgeous National Parks of Southwestern America, but we had to stay somewhere) and the coffee scene there is underrated.

• Despite the name, Cafe con Leche serves great single origin espresso with exclusively oatmilk. The cafe itself is in a converted garage and covered with record sleeves. Probably my top recommendation in El Paso!
  • Casa Cafetzin is in a motel, but impossibly cool. I got an oatmilk cortado and their chai and I could not choose a favorite -- plus I just loooove handmade drinkware. Nifty little place.
  • The coffee at Savage Goods was excellent, but the vegan burritos were even more excellent
  • Not the best atmosphere (it's in a food hall) but Glia's Coffee Co. has great espresso.
  • If you like flavored coffee, 787 Coffee has beans infused with various spirits. A little too gimmicky for me, so I did not try the infused beans.

Anyway, we brought home a few bags from the shops above. Excited to have something in the house that isn't Highlander Grogg my bf's grandma keeps shipping to us. Truly one of the worst smells a coffee can have.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

57001 posted:

Highlander Grogg

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

bout to have one last coffee

rest in peace, goon

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
coffee time... bitch

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach posted:

coffee time... bitch

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Had coffee all day since my job got delayed 8 hours. Got home, made myself a half-caf as a night cap.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DaysBefore posted:

Coffee is ftw, truly the greatest of Treat

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

coffee time for me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

said like peter parker says "pizza time"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
*primitive caveman voice* Coffee???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

*primitive caveman voice* Coffee???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7DCntRB3pA