Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

so Attuma wont destroy himself if hes with other cards at the end of turn 6 right? cause its end of game not end of turn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If he's behind something like IW yeah. If him or another card are played on T6 that still counts

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
The end of turn 6 is not the end of the game. Attuma will die.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

but cyclops wont trigger end of turn 6?
im trying to understand how this happened.

my cyclops didnt shoot even though i had 1 energy unspent. i enchantressed t6. i thought attuma would die and cyclops would -2 power from left lane and neither happened

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Attuma was not showing up at the end of turn, meaning when both players clicked the button. If the game had continued on, he would have lived on the board until the next end turn state and then bit the bucket. As far as Cyclops goes, was he behind the Supergiant fog of war? Because same deal there. If he was out on the board before that, not sure why he didn't trigger.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Kly posted:

but cyclops wont trigger end of turn 6?
im trying to understand how this happened.

my cyclops didnt shoot even though i had 1 energy unspent. i enchantressed t6. i thought attuma would die and cyclops would -2 power from left lane and neither happened

Cyclops should have triggered but if Attuma was behind Supergiant he won't die.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've definitely had times where HE stuff just doesn't trigger on t6

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
It looks like the cyclops did fire though (gladiator is at 5, -1 scorpion, -1 turn 4, -1 turn 6)
I'd guess they played supergiant on 5 which let their spiderwoman dodge the cyclops and their Attuma dodge the enchantress.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

oooh, maybe. i wasnt watching close enough, i was expecting him to shoot everything at the end after everything flipped. but youre probably right

also unrelated but i dont care what anyone says this game is absolutely setting up mirror matches. ive been playing HE since season start, switched to a surfer deck i just made and ive been matched against 3 surfers in 4 games when i hadnt run into a single one all season. with my HE it was all other HE decks and destroys.

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 18, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

same for me with Thanos but I assumed that was due to people picking him up in the spotlight

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
SR Flaviano Spectrum? OK, I'll take it.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

any brainless decks this season or is it still just HE

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
If you want autopilot decks, HE and Shuri still feel like the go-tos to me. Time tested enough that you should pretty much always know when to fold and when to hold.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Marx Headroom posted:

Summer Vacation Coulson is really dark if you watched Agents of SHIELD (he had hosed up experiments performed on him and they replaced his memory with a summer vacation) and that's why it's the only one I'll ever use.

Speaking of, Quake is really funny and I'm liking her over Scarlet Witch lately.

Quake is empirically the better card. They both effectivley serve the same purpose. Scamming 8 Cubes once in a blue moon, but quake is way better at it, and better on average in any given game. Simply because SW will always find a way to cost you those 8 Cubes you scammed down the line. ALWAYS.

Unrelated I have a question about Skrull, I've been playing a ton of onslaught into mystique shell decks and keep winning 8 Cubes against people who play Skrull last turn, but I can't figure out why.

Sometimes he should be worth like three onslaught effects for my opponent? Does he only copy one unique ongoing effect per opponents ongoing cards?

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 18, 2024

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

GarudaPrime posted:

Unrelated I have a question about Skrull, I've been playing a ton of onslaught into mystique shell decks and keep winning 8 Cubes against people who play Skrull last turn, but I can't figure out why.

It's because of Onsalught's card text.

Onslaught posted:

Ongoing: Double your other Ongoing effects here.

Mechanically, all of the stuff Skrull takes is rolled into his single Ongoing, so it doesn't meet the "other" qualifier. He'll grab multiple Onsalughts effects, but unless there's another Ongoing card at the location, they won't have anything to buff.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Skippy McPants posted:

It's because of Onsalught's card text.

Mechanically, all of the stuff Skrull takes is rolled into his single Ongoing, so it doesn't meet the "other" qualifier. He'll grab multiple Onsalughts effects, but unless there's another Ongoing card at the location, they won't have anything to buff.

Ahh pays to actually read the cards I guess, thanks.

I'll give back by updating the "dies to enchantress deck" KM featured one or two months ago.

I've fallen in love with the deck this season, and if you follow the creator on Twitter. Hella Enjoyer he put out one tweet a few weeks ago to update the deck to add Mr Negative over Wave, and it really is gas for the deck.

His version on ladder is now
Zabu
Ramona
Magik
Mystique
Negative
Ms Marvel
Jubilee
Ironman
Sera
Blue marvel
Onslaught
Tribunal

This is not to serve as an endorsement that the deck is an easy cube earner or anything, but if you liked it before really do stick in Negative, he adds really good flexability to help hide turn 7 card placement/power output.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 18, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

No Iron Man? I take it you're getting most of your power output from Onslaught / Ms. Marvel?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Problem with Iron Lad is I can never remember what's left in my deck. The number of times I've turned him into Lizard in a full lane or something equally stupid.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Tunga posted:

Problem with Iron Lad is I can never remember what's left in my deck. The number of times I've turned him into Lizard in a full lane or something equally stupid.

Howard The Duck solves all problems.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

canyonero posted:

Howard The Duck solves all problems.

That's what I named my deck tracker also

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'll never play either of them, but I'm still mad that Hercules and Cull are both Series 5. They are the most Series 4 cards imaginable.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Devo posted:

No Iron Man? I take it you're getting most of your power output from Onslaught / Ms. Marvel?

Sorry Ironlad is supposed to be Ironman

Also if anyone gets really interested in the deck he had a vod on twitch where he plays it to make top 8 of a tourney on Sat, which will conclude next week.

I'm not sure his exact twitch handle, but it's got to be some variation of Hela Enjoyer.

He cuts Ms Marvel for superskrull when playing conquest.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 18, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

GarudaPrime posted:

Sorry Ironlad is supposed to be Ironman

Also if anyone gets really interested in the deck he had a vod on twitch where he plays it to make top 8 of a tourney on Sat, which will conclude next week.

I'm not sure his exact twitch handle, but it's got to be some variation of Hela Enjoyer.

He cuts Ms Marvel for superskrull when playing conquest.

Ok, now the deck makes WAY more sense

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Devo posted:

Ok, now the deck makes WAY more sense

It does!

However when I first started playing the deck really wasn't intuitive to me so I got frustrated and played a very similar, but stripped down different deck that does work just by using Ms Marvel. It was by playing that one that the Tribunal version really clicked.

In fact if anyone wants to really learn the above deck try cutting your teeth with this one.

Howard
Yondu
Zabu
Maximus
Mystique
Magik
Crystal
Ms Marvel
Shang
Leech
IronLad
Onslaught

This is the linear on rails combo deck that only has one primary wincon. It also has several different versions on untapped, the only real required cards are Magik, Crystal (debatable), Ms Marvel, Onslaught, Mystique.

Play Magik anytime by turn 5 (preferably earlier so you can play leech on 5) to one of the side lanes and also play cards of the right cost configuration to enable Ms Marvel by turn 5.

With that set up play Onslaught on 6, into Mystique into Ms Marvel on turn 7. You can vary this a bit by playing Marvel early, the only thing that really matters is that you play Onslaught on 6 and then play Mystique on 7.

This is the only real combo in the deck and it makes the two side lanes get 30 power from Marvel so you end up with about 35 power in both lanes and that is usually enough to win most games.

The deck is probably the best Leech deck that exists in that there is no drawback to playing a three power 5 drop when you add 30 power to his lane by the end of the game.

If you squint hard enough you can see it's also a bootleg Zabu, Ms Marvel tech deck when you don't have the ability to play for Magik, which can also win some games, but really be aware that you are mostly just here to do the Onslaught into Mystique into Marvel line.

I really did enjoy playing this deck, but like I said it's really the training wheels for the other deck. Which is way more flexible and powerful when played with experience. This deck also has what I feel to be a ceiling dictated by the games location rng. In that it really gets disrupted alot by locations. Since it has such a linear game plan any thing that prevents you from playing the exact configuration of cards to the exact lanes you need to make it loose too often IMO. Having said that I discovered this deck by playing against a high infinite player who only (and I mean only) plays this deck so it can be done.

If you get interested in either deck I highly encourage you to practice in the proving grounds before you try it out on ladder.

In case anyone is really new to these interactions the most important thing to understand is that Onslaught copied by mystique is vastly more powerful then your ongoing card copied by Mystique with Onslaught in a lane.

So for a simple example:
Playing Ironman, then mystique, then Onslaught to a lane is an order of magnitude less powerful then, playing Ironman, then Onslaught then Mystique.
The real power comes from Mystique copying Onslaught in these decks.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 18, 2024

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I wish they'd lower the occurrence rate on Crimson Cosmos. It seems like it appears way, way more often than The Big House.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Opponent hadn't seen the Super Skrull yet, and welp

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Devo posted:

Opponent hadn't seen the Super Skrull yet, and welp

this still makes no sense to me, where are the numbers coming from?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ijyt posted:

mystique copying super skrull

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

ijyt posted:

The onslaught citadel and SS means he gets two Onslaught effects on his 2 ironman effects.

It's basically the principle from above where two onslaught effects together make numbers go BRRRRR...

Just in this case he also had an extra Ironman (from mystique) so they went BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

GarudaPrime posted:

The onslaught citadel and SS means he gets two Onslaught effects on his 2 ironman effects.

It's basically the principle from above where two onslaught effects together make numbers go BRRRRR...

Just in this case he also had an extra Ironman (from mystique) so they went BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Yep, this is it.

Iron Man x2, Citadel x2, Mystique x2, Citadel x2
Then Onslaught comes in and basically squares that number, and then Citadel squares it again.
This makes one little Blue Marvel in the right lane worth literally thousands of points.

e: Looked again and breaking it down, the middle lane is worth 8 times 2^12. So it got doubled 12 times. They actually changed Onslaught way back about a year ago or it would have been doubled 16 times I believe.

Devo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 18, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Someone actually played Martyr against me.

It moved and they lost.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

It moved and they lost.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Devo posted:

It moved and they lost.

Same thing happened to me today. Was yours playing Cerebro 5 too?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

godogg posted:

Same thing happened to me today. Was yours playing Cerebro 5 too?

Nah, was some sort of Ka-zoo deck. Their Martyr was up to 7 power and they were winning the lane by 4. But I had Knull in another lane that had an open spot. Whoopsie.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Anyone having success with "power couple" decks? Been running the following with decent results:

# (1) Forge
# (1) Agent 13
# (2) Okoye
# (2) America Chavez
# (3) Brood
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Sebastian Shaw
# (4) Cull Obsidian
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3VsbE9ic2lkaWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2ViYXN0aWFuU2hhdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9rb3llIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Captain America and Agent 13 is probably the best couple.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ive gotten so sick of annihilus decks that ive just started putting him in my deck to send that poo poo back

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

ijyt posted:

ive gotten so sick of annihilus decks that ive just started putting him in my deck to send that poo poo back

your in good company, I forget who I was watching the other day but a high infinite player lost 8 Cubes when his opponent had just added Anni in as a surprise tech card.

Unrelated but why do some people retreat every time on round three in Conquest. Some wierd booster farming thing? They clearly aren't botting, as they good game me almost every time.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GarudaPrime posted:

Unrelated but why do some people retreat every time on round three in Conquest. Some wierd booster farming thing? They clearly aren't botting, as they good game me almost every time.
Three turns is the minimum you have to play for mission progress to count. Especially useful for stuff like "win a location with one card" where you can just quit whilst that's still true and get the credit.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I do that basically every time I get the win lanes with one card mission. The meta right now makes that borderline impossible if your opponent doesn't retreat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Round three or turn three? Because I dunno why the former but the latter makes sense for the aforementioned reason