Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
attention General Dog

https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collections/mascots/products/miss-rev-texas-am-tee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man this cat is cool, first day in the house, swapped the dog into our room and letting the cat have free range downstairs. You’d think the little turd was raised here. Just comfortable as hell. Think we lucked out. As long as the dog doesn’t think she’s just a weird squirrel that lives here this might just work.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cats are indeed cool, but I think the bigger issue you're facing is actually the cat deciding the dog is the weird squirrel, and bossing it around.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Cats are indeed cool, but I think the bigger issue you're facing is actually the cat deciding the dog is the weird squirrel, and bossing it around.

Sorry was gonna post about how neurotic the dog is but got distracted by the new cat trying to absolutely murder the wife’s yarn collection

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1759342263740629487?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Covid #5 woooooooo

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

She's so cute and I wanna pet her.

The worst experience I had supervising was having a conversation with someone I was supervising about the fact that she never, ever washed her hands after using the bathroom. I got told she didn't need wash her hands because hamd sanitzer exists and they never washed their hands when she was my age and it was fine.

Yeah, I’m not really much of a germaphobe but I will always open bathroom doors with the paper towel I used to dry my hands with especially at work, because if I had a nickel for everytime I was in a stall doing a #2 and the person in the stall next to me doing the same thing finished up their business before me and waltzed right on out of the bathroom without even thinking about running their hands under the sink, I would only have like five or six nickels, but I shouldn't have any! Especially if you’re poopin!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

My mom and dad are very capable and cognitively 100% as they near 70, yet a couple years ago they got a call from the [county] sheriffs department telling them there was a warrant for her but they’d clear it if they gave him 300$ in gift cards immediately. When she asked for a badge number he started screaming that he was going to put her in jail so she hung up and called me crying and wondering if she was going to jail.

Like, no, and they’d just come arrest you. Also you’re a 68yo middle class white woman who’s never broken the loving law, take a breather. But they’re really good at getting people nervous and desperate.

I normally don’t answer for numbers I don’t have saved, but did this time. Got the fake sheriff bit. I got him with Hugh Jass, Ligma, etc jokes a handful of times over the course of a few phone calls. Surprised he called back after the first one since I pissed him off so much he started yelling lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Big Jesus posted:

I normally don’t answer for numbers I don’t have saved, but did this time. Got the fake sheriff bit. I got him with Hugh Jass, Ligma, etc jokes a handful of times over the course of a few phone calls. Surprised he called back after the first one since I pissed him off so much he started yelling lol

Doin the lords work

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

That's a lot of bukkake.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

It's a good design but I don't buy white/light gray shirts; I'd spill coffee or pizza sauce on it day 1, and that would be that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think I made a pretty good case for why I should be fired in my employee self-evaluation for this year (1.68/4, mentioned that I've "failed to establish a culture of accountability" with my team), but I also declined to claim most of the benchmarks for my annual performance bonus, so it should balance out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actual movies on streaming platforms are loving dire.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Get your bonus

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I made a pretty good vegetarian lasagna the other day where I replaced 1 lb ground beef with a pound of diced mushrooms and half a cup of bulgur. The bulgur drinks up a lot of water, so I precooked the lasagna pieces whereas I usually assemble the lasagna with them uncooked and let it cook in the oven.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I made a scalloped potato/chorizo/egg/poo poo load of cheese breakfast casserole. Was good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao last week tonight last night.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wait, Stewart is back on the Daily Show?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

FizFashizzle posted:

I have a huge list of what I want to watch on the Justwatch website, but honestly the best thing about streaming platforms are huge amounts of international action movies. I can probably feast happily forever on what's just currently in production, and none of these would ever be on a big screen in America so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

It's shockingly hard to narrow down the trash though so I pretty much just follow like 10-20 guys who put out consistently good work.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a neat cape posted:

Wait, Stewart is back on the Daily Show?

Just on Mondays. He has already pissed off centrist liberals by lobbing the mildest of criticisms at Biden (he old). This has been taken by perfectly sane people as an endorsement of Trump and he is doing "both sides" stuff.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Saying Biden is old is partisan now?

Motherfucker probably wears a stocking cap to bed and carries around a little dish with a candle on it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, up in arms over an amazing bit where he hears 5 differently staffers (including VP) say biden is sharp and with it, taking command of meetings, etc... and Stewart innocently asks "did anyone...film it?"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fat Jesus posted:

well just imagine you drove a b double livestock truck and couldn't shower for up to 3 days at a time. At least i had fresh underwear and pants packed away, everyone in this industry smells somewhat rich. But we scub up nicely on the weekends if we get one
Cattle hauler? :stonk: A job I would never do, I could barely stand it if I was in the downwind fuel bay from a cattle hauler.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

We couldn’t find anything to watch the other night, but then I saw Hulu had Weekend at Bernie’s and GF had never seen it. She loved it. They unfortunately did not have Weekend at Bernie’s II, and that’s like example #2,346 of streaming services having only one or not all of the movies in a series which is loving annoying. Amazon Prime has it, but I cancelled and won’t be going back anytime soon.

And then her brother stopped by yesterday to say goodbye to one of our kitties (:smith:) and was talking about how we should get Helldivers II which reminded me she’s also never seen Starship Troopers which is conveniently not streaming on anything that I can find right now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Max has a pretty robust collection, especially if you're looking for older stuff (like pre-1960s). But yeah, the rest are really tv-focused for the most part.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The linear passage of time is now woke. Or chud. I dunno.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I just want jon to rant about Chicago pizza again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

a neat cape posted:

I just want jon to rant about Chicago pizza again

Too bad you're just getting politics jon once a week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Get your bonus

I'm fairly compensated; I'm not going to take money beyond that that I don't feel I earned.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

I'm fairly compensated; I'm not going to take money beyond that that I don't feel I earned.

You stupid?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You’re in a one sided relationship because your company doesn’t feel the same way but you do you

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

Take the money and give it to me tyvm

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We’ve done this song and dance before with GD not taking bonuses because he doesn’t think he’s worth it

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I simply don't cash my checks the weeks when I don't work a full 48 hours a week.

Just kidding. I work 2 hours a week every week if at all possible because I'm not a complete idiot

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

swickles posted:

Just on Mondays. He has already pissed off centrist liberals by lobbing the mildest of criticisms at Biden (he old). This has been taken by perfectly sane people as an endorsement of Trump and he is doing "both sides" stuff.

I saw the replies to a tweet with the video and yeah the centrists were super mad about it. Disgusting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

GD’s gimmick is much better than most because he never pushes it past the realm of plausibility

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

Saying Biden is old is partisan now?

Motherfucker probably wears a stocking cap to bed and carries around a little dish with a candle on it

Criticizing Biden for any reason means that you're giving people a reason to vote Trump in centrist lib minds

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

GD’s gimmick is much better than most because he never pushes it past the realm of plausibility

QFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

It's pretty funny because he was always fairly critical of dems but the culture has changed to the point where any mild criticism of Biden is treated as an endorsement of Trump by liberals