Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Just an intrusive thought, but if another 9/11 scale attack happened in NYC tomorrow, the “NEVAR FORGET” crowd would be celebrating in the streets. Kind of like all those imaginary Muslim folks Trump claims to have seen celebrating when the towers came down, but you know, real. And probably 100% white, bearded and wearing mirrored sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i knew "sneakers" was a type of person, i didn't know if the event was pre-planned or if it was another chud convention or what
because now i want chuds to take over every convention. trump starts a product for all conventions and just goes from convention to convention selling maga shirts and maga grills and maga farm equipment. basically just shoving as much maga as they can into everything they can.
the last time the country touched maga it recoiled like it placed its hand on a lit stove and i want that to keep rolling

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Trump can take my phaser from cold, Borgified hand

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
dress shoe, casual shoe , sport shoe. That's what you need. Flip flops don't count as shoes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

These people would never even go to NYC and likely imagine it as if it’s The Warriors.

Also any city over a certain size.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Harald posted:

dress shoe, casual shoe , sport shoe. That's what you need. Flip flops don't count as shoes.

Flip flops are for taking out the trash, that's it.

Also I own only one pair of shoes :shrug:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

steinrokkan posted:

PU foam sneakers "rot" because of hydrolysis, i.e. atmospheric water dissolves the foam compound until it crumbles into chunks. Vans are made from rubber, afaik, so this doesn't apply to them. The speed wit which PU succumbs to hydrolysis varies depending on climate, storage, etc., but sooner or later the shoes will fall apart on their own. Wearing them does nothing to prevent this.

Yes but you forget that Trump would use nothing less than the very best materials. Probably spent millions in R&D to develop new compounds that NASA would be jealous of. His unmatched sneakers will last a lifetime, never fade, and no doubt be handed down the generations as family heirlooms and be the new standard by which all future sneakers will come to be judged.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

bobjr posted:

These people would never even go to NYC and likely imagine it as if it’s The Warriors.

Curry shooting threes over me while draymond hard fouls me and then whines at the ref while I roll around on the floor in a pool of my own blood.

"Chance for a four point play coming up," is announced while I plead for medical care.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
Gimme the boot, doc.

No, no! gently caress, not that boot!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Sneakers was a great movie.

Also, chuds acting like they're actively boycotting NYC instead of just admitting that they're terrified of modern cities will never stop being funny to me.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
You posted this just to brag about your toaster right?

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

We have this toaster and it loving rocks.

Hello 3Os husband

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I regret to inform the thread that the Babylon Bee actually has another joke. And *GASP!* it's funny.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Cat posted:

Flip flops are for taking out the trash, that's it.

Also I own only one pair of shoes :shrug:

If you need to go to a job interview you'll want dress shoes, and if you want to go on a date you'll want casual shoes.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

I regret watching this, but appreciate RWW and no longer have Twitter/X account to follow them. As thanks for the mental scarring, have this

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's always "Boycott <impossibly large establishment> that we, the chuds, were primarily responsible for amplifying in the first place". It's never not funny. Their brand of humiliation fetish culture is wild because they all pretend they're not humiliated. I don't know why they can't just embrace it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Froghammer posted:

motherfucker how are you so good at this

-----

This picture reminds me of a time a friend and I were talking about stupid products/ideas that just take off (like the dude that made a $10 Kickstarter in order to make potato salad and got like $20,000 out of it), and I suggested making a toaster with Twitter functionality that would toast the tweets on your timeline onto your bread.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Buce posted:

i'm getting reports that nyc looks exactly like the division right now. the conservative truckers have won.

Now I really want a .gif of one of the Division 2 apparel loot boxes opening and the Trump shoes being the prize.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Donald Trump 'Girdle' Appears Visible in New Photos
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-girdle-sneaker-con-viral-photo-1871139

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1759205507103941000

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Nocheez posted:

I regret to inform the thread that the Babylon Bee actually has another joke. And *GASP!* it's funny.

Do you have to know who Dave Ramsay is for it to be funny?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

priznat posted:

:yeah:! I have noticed on SA over the years a lot of policing of people’s purchasing which is weird to me. People can have the things they like for whatever reason!

Also definitely get an indoor only pair of shoes, I preferred hi tops when I did play rec league just for the ankle support. I haven’t played in years though, :sigh: I still have my last pair (new balance I think) and I wonder if the foam is all dissolved or ready to crumble, probably.

It's just reasonable (well, sort of) extreme responses to the distorted social and political mores of the times.

There's really no space for being holier-than-thou in America, especially politically; hyperized leftism and rightwingerism or whatever are comfortable teddy-bears for people who were jilted by a clearly abusive putsch in the otherwise decent but imperfect apparatus, and bad math with enabling goads, usually either state actors or just idiots on the internet with extremist or just flat out brain disease/worms, caused people to disappear up their own asses and spend their lives getting into idiot slapfights on the internet, or worse, trot that out schizophrenically into the real world and public discourse. It remains irrelevant, and even embarrassing to talk about because it's that cringey to like 96% of the population.

It just makes you look like a loving idiot by one set of mores or another, and you basically turn into some frothing at the mouth partisan who isn't really grounded anywhere near reality, and instead subscribes to some weird perversion of what we're fed by the internet. It's no longer the fault of the "Mainstream Media" or anything like that, although reactionary style of reporting enables it to some extent; everyone's just knee-jerk responding to the blizzard of anger, paranoia, and just abject crap that the internet generates.

Some people even make sport of this, triggering the libs or what have you, and don't realize what embarrassing and lovely people it makes them, or how badly they're wearing it. I actually point to Ben Sharpio as a pioneering example of this; he's not an iconoclast, he's just an annoying waste of cum with too much money who gets adrenal kicks out of becoming the bully that probably hit him when he was a kid, but spreads it like manure all over the landscape and embedded himself in what he perceives to be modern philosophy, and he's so entrenched by people and sociology that enables him that he's just widely accepted as the dumb douche he is, because years of that have reconfigured his brain and moral compass in such a pleasant way cognitively that to him it's indistinguishable from personal growth, and he's just accepted that he's another "straight talker who deals in truth."

...just like every other 8chan snowclone, of course, who are all equally correct and have their astrology about it.

Neo-conservativism's fake and feigned success caused a weird death spiral into this bizarre form of social hyper-austerity backended by false interpretations of the bible because that's basically the auspices that they had to work with, and they're only carbonizing themselves further while having to the crimes they're guilty of like voter fraud and social disorder.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Stoatbringer posted:

Yes, and it's still not really funny

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

bobjr posted:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

-----

This picture reminds me of a time a friend and I were talking about stupid products/ideas that just take off (like the dude that made a $10 Kickstarter in order to make potato salad and got like $20,000 out of it), and I suggested making a toaster with Twitter functionality that would toast the tweets on your timeline onto your bread.

Too late.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/258723592/toasteroid-first-app-controlled-smart-image-toaste

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Stoatbringer posted:

He's a Christian conservative radio host who gives financial advice. It's not terrible for getting out of debt (see: the snowball method), but don't listen to anything else he says.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Harald posted:

This Mexican woman won an ultramarathon rocking these sandals.

She should give a speech at a Sneaker Con that shoes are for losers and then get pulled out to safety while the auditorium erupts in a display of violence

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Christ, that's him with a girdle!?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When you lose Eric loving Erickson though I think he wishes the anti semitism was more subtle

Meanwhile on the Blaze

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1759293965516284204?s=20

This may be the most hosed up thing I've seen online even more so that it was aired on television. Seriously what the gently caress. No one not one person in that studio thought it was wrong enough to run over there and stop that motherfucker.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Waffle House posted:

It's just reasonable (well, sort of) extreme responses to the distorted social and political mores of the times.

There's really no space for being holier-than-thou in America, especially politically; hyperized leftism and rightwingerism or whatever are comfortable teddy-bears for people who were jilted by a clearly abusive putsch in the otherwise decent but imperfect apparatus, and bad math with enabling goads, usually either state actors or just idiots on the internet with extremist or just flat out brain disease/worms, caused people to disappear up their own asses and spend their lives getting into idiot slapfights on the internet, or worse, trot that out schizophrenically into the real world and public discourse. It remains irrelevant, and even embarrassing to talk about because it's that cringey to like 96% of the population.

It just makes you look like a loving idiot by one set of mores or another, and you basically turn into some frothing at the mouth partisan who isn't really grounded anywhere near reality, and instead subscribes to some weird perversion of what we're fed by the internet. It's no longer the fault of the "Mainstream Media" or anything like that, although reactionary style of reporting enables it to some extent; everyone's just knee-jerk responding to the blizzard of anger, paranoia, and just abject crap that the internet generates.

Some people even make sport of this, triggering the libs or what have you, and don't realize what embarrassing and lovely people it makes them, or how badly they're wearing it. I actually point to Ben Sharpio as a pioneering example of this; he's not an iconoclast, he's just an annoying waste of cum with too much money who gets adrenal kicks out of becoming the bully that probably hit him when he was a kid, but spreads it like manure all over the landscape and embedded himself in what he perceives to be modern philosophy, and he's so entrenched by people and sociology that enables him that he's just widely accepted as the dumb douche he is, because years of that have reconfigured his brain and moral compass in such a pleasant way cognitively that to him it's indistinguishable from personal growth, and he's just accepted that he's another "straight talker who deals in truth."

...just like every other 8chan snowclone, of course, who are all equally correct and have their astrology about it.

Neo-conservativism's fake and feigned success caused a weird death spiral into this bizarre form of social hyper-austerity backended by false interpretations of the bible because that's basically the auspices that they had to work with, and they're only carbonizing themselves further while having to the crimes they're guilty of like voter fraud and social disorder.

Sir, the question was, is this your handwriting?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Nocheez posted:

what's the funny part?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Samovar posted:

They sure do. Keep in mind they tried to emulate Boney M's Rasputin with a shittier, Swedish disco song about Genghis Khan.

Lol this fuckin guy doesn't know poo poo.

A) Dschinghis Khan is a German song.
B) Dschinghis Khan owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AXlVZRpweI

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

nobodygetshurt posted:

Donald Trump 'Girdle' Appears Visible in New Photos

Shouldn't a girdle be sucking his body dimensions in and not sticking out MORE, though?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Almost Smart posted:

Just an intrusive thought, but if another 9/11 scale attack happened in NYC tomorrow, the “NEVAR FORGET” crowd would be celebrating in the streets. Kind of like all those imaginary Muslim folks Trump claims to have seen celebrating when the towers came down, but you know, real. And probably 100% white, bearded and wearing mirrored sunglasses.

No they'd be horrified like everyone else, until they were told otherwise from TRUMP

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

He means McGriddle

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Catastrophe posted:

Shouldn't a girdle be sucking his body dimensions in and not sticking out MORE, though?

ever heard of a dam bursting?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Bulletproof diapers are a core pillar of the gerontocracy.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Tha hornace of debt

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Catastrophe posted:

It's a belly lift girdle. New 21st century girdle technology to accompany the changing fads.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

JoeBangles posted:

It's a belly lift girdle. New 21st century girdle technology to accompany the changing fads.

at what point is it just paying to be given a wedgie though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

lol the look on his face