Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How old am i that he has a coaching job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1758945738879336759?ref_src=
https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1758946444935856465?ref_src=
https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1758947093077524566?ref_src=
https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1758947704275652931?ref_src=

Football nerd stuff

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At this point, Michigan will just be rotating quarterbacks with packages for regular, single wing, and extra crispy

https://twitter.com/CSayf23/status/1759014690569801777?t=RQ-LWUPkhOPr-iYdkEuLlA&s=19

Tuttle the super-duper-duper senior is back!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jack Tuttle is old enough to rent a car without a daily surcharge.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
gotta be honest:
i had way too much weed tonight and accidentally did a pro-michigan rant. so now im even more hype about the win against ohio this year. drat that was sick as hell. we didn't even have our COACH there

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Radia posted:

gotta be honest:
i had way too much weed tonight and accidentally did a pro-michigan rant. so now im even more hype about the win against ohio this year. drat that was sick as hell. we didn't even have our COACH there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nezNr_O_aZ4

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

At this point, Michigan will just be rotating quarterbacks with packages for regular, single wing, and extra crispy

https://twitter.com/CSayf23/status/1759014690569801777?t=RQ-LWUPkhOPr-iYdkEuLlA&s=19

Tuttle the super-duper-duper senior is back!

Man, he couldn't even win the starting job at Indiana, I had no idea he was still around. Granted, most of that time he was competing against Penix.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Non-football rant, but jeeeebus I wish Purdue fans would not completely overreact to every MBB loss.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wernox posted:

Non-football rant, but jeeeebus I wish Purdue fans would not completely overreact to every MBB loss.

Tbf they lost to a team without a head coach

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Radia posted:

gotta be honest:

https://twitter.com/ChaseBachman/status/1728612520884347109?t=h5qDFuqkQhsZ0qlQJPTkGg&s=19

It was a very anxious game and could've gone the other way at many points, but it still ended up very funny and got basically everyone involved paid. Michigan players, Michigan coaches, tOSU players, and tOSU coaches basically all had a bag of money thrown at them during the off-season. Everyone won!

Except Ohio State, they didn't win. :v:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tbf they lost to a team without a head coach

one could argue that losing to a team without a head coach is something only elite programs do in other sports

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wernox posted:

Only because they are so hilariously overrated during the season every year that people's expectations get out of whack.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Only because they are so hilariously overrated during the season every year that people's expectations get out of whack.

Counterpoint: They have beaten 3 of the current top 10 and 6 of the top 20 this season and had not lost in almost 6 weeks. Heck, if they screw up next month it won't have anything to do with what happened yesterday.

Everyone drops a road game here and there.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
It seems like playing an oaf at center just doesn't work come tourney time and Purdue fans should accept that. It sure didn't with the Illini and Kofi a few years back. Even guys with a lot more mobility like Zion couldn't get it done.

Edit : after typing this I realized I'm wrong because Cameron Krutwig with Loyola Chicago was definitely an oaf and had great success. I think I just really hate Edey

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 19, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They typically don't have the big 10 refs to give them twice the number of free throws in tourney games which is also a pretty big factor.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Being in the Whack rear end Big 12 and it not even saving Arizona from hurtling towards the Jr leagues is a double blow but what're you gonna do.

Arizona to hire AD Desireé Reed-Francois amid budget woes.

Welp. She seemed good at Mizzou (not great) and but it's hard to argue with helping get football and NIL rolling. It's hard to feel good about someone leaving your SEC job for a school with a $175mm shortfall or whatever.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

mcmagic posted:

They typically don't have the big 10 refs to give them twice the number of free throws in tourney games which is also a pretty big factor.

I'm about to start screaming about the refs being so one sided in favor of Sean May that they fouled out the Illini's center in 9 minutes back in '05. It took me almost a decade to watch college ball again after that, especially after the '01 Arizona game where 6 Illini fouled out in response to the NCAA being furious that MSU had won a national title and instructed refs to go after big ten teams.

But I should probably go back to caring more about football and believing in Big Bert

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2024

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I am friends with a father and son who ref nationally mostly in the women's game. They both say Edey gets less than half the calls he should but that those games would be unwatchable.

They also say there are way fewer refs than people realize and there's no such thing as "big ten refs."

EDIT: I don't mean to derail anything, from what I watched yesterday OSU played better than Purdue and deserved to win. My displeasure is with my text and socials blowing up with so called Purdue fans whining like the stock market crashed on the day they retired.

wernox fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 19, 2024

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Edey is a lot closer to getting twice the calls he should than half of them.

If you watched conference games, you’d think there’s no legal way to guard him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

wernox posted:

I am friends with a father and son who ref nationally mostly in the women's game. They both say Edey gets less than half the calls he should but that those games would be unwatchable.

They also say there are way fewer refs than people realize and there's no such thing as "big ten refs."

EDIT: I don't mean to derail anything, from what I watched yesterday OSU played better than Purdue and deserved to win. My displeasure is with my text and socials blowing up with so called Purdue fans whining like the stock market crashed on the day they retired.

lol, motherfucker has a tea party in the paint and has gotten 0 3second calls this season that I'm aware of.

https://twitter.com/davidblattman/status/1752876465027207407
Here is a guy playing pretty much perfect defense outside of the restricted zone and the big 10 refs (which 100% is a thing) call a phantom foul to put the oaf at the line.

This is a football thread so i'll leave it alone now but it's hilariously obvious.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wernox posted:

They are full of poo poo lmao

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Hed posted:

Arizona to hire AD Desireé Reed-Francois amid budget woes.

Welp. She seemed good at Mizzou (not great) and but it's hard to argue with helping get football and NIL rolling. It's hard to feel good about someone leaving your SEC job for a school with a $175mm shortfall or whatever.

Bizarre move, especially with budgetary concerns that Arizona has. Maybe she likes a challenge?

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Metapod posted:

They are full of poo poo lmao

Believe me, its always fun to come to places like this, after games I know they worked, and hear people say how terrible and biased they are. They are just average D1 refs, they still need to hold down full time jobs, but I do think they know the rules better than most. And they were both pretty good players in their day too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wernox posted:

Believe me, its always fun to come to places like this, after games I know they worked, and hear people say how terrible and biased they are. They are just average D1 refs, they still need to hold down full time jobs, but I do think they know the rules better than most. And they were both pretty good players in their day too.

The average d1 ref basketball and football are full of poo poo so i believe you

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Metapod posted:

The average d1 ref basketball and football are full of poo poo so i believe you

Fun story, I used to work with Brian Bolinger, who was a big ten football side judge who made it to the NFL. I guess he made a 4th down spot in the OSU/Michigan game several years ago and he had the image blown up to a huge poster size and hung it on his office wall here.

He also reffed an NFL game in Buffalo when there was a huge snow storm and had a painting of that one made.

So yeah, maybe a little ego there.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

honestly that fuckin owns

"not many line judges could've spotted the ball on fourth down, but i did"

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

wernox posted:

Fun story, I used to work with Brian Bolinger, who was a big ten football side judge who made it to the NFL. I guess he made a 4th down spot in the OSU/Michigan game several years ago and he had the image blown up to a huge poster size and hung it on his office wall here.

He also reffed an NFL game in Buffalo when there was a huge snow storm and had a painting of that one made.

So yeah, maybe a little ego there.

Was it the 2016 game?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Bizarre move, especially with budgetary concerns that Arizona has. Maybe she likes a challenge?

part of it is that she's a UofA grad, but most of it is that the Board of Curators decided to run a power-play on her. they didn't like that DRF let go of a couple of AD staffers who would feed info about finances to the Board, which led to the creation of an "Athletics Oversight Committee" coincidentally timed right as the money started rolling in.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
why isnt ryan day fired yet?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Asproigerosis posted:

They need Chip Kelly to earn the HC spot.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

part of it is that she's a UofA grad, but most of it is that the Board of Curators decided to run a power-play on her. they didn't like that DRF let go of a couple of AD staffers who would feed info about finances to the Board, which led to the creation of an "Athletics Oversight Committee" coincidentally timed right as the money started rolling in.

Ah, classic dipshit powerplay move from idiots with no connection to the subject at hand

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Think it might be the 53-8 (0.869) record

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Asproigerosis posted:

I need to know whether you're an OSU fan so I can know exactly how funny this post is

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao
https://x.com/WildcatReport/status/1759701590556983603?s=20

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1759711190534557837?ref_src=

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s a shame that there’s not some city that Northwestern is the real Big Ten team of that has a professional football stadium they could use

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mikey Sainristil’s latest vlog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9arDSTT5wLA

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s a shame that there’s not some city that Northwestern is the real Big Ten team of that has a professional football stadium they could use

:airquote:professional:airquote:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Northwestern is still higher on the Big Ten football rung than UCLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

DC Murderverse posted:

They're going to play at every field possible except Soldier, aren't they? Wrigley, Lambeau, wherever the fire play, Evanston high school?