Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

idiotsavant posted:

Semi-adjacent to sneakerheads are the dudes that unbox a brand new pair of sneakers on YouTube and then use them to slowly step in a big goopy mud puddle, over and over and over again for totally non-sexual reasons I’m sure

Between that and me finding a bunch of footage of old episodes of “what would you do” with people being hit with pies and such all on channels for dudes like that, I am starting to be concerned that there might be creeps on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Catastrophe posted:

All those high-earning Conservatives

Took me a sec to realize it said PA Ladies Love Trump and not Da Ladies Love Trump

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Between that and me finding a bunch of footage of old episodes of “what would you do” with people being hit with pies and such all on channels for dudes like that, I am starting to be concerned that there might be creeps on the internet

The call was coming from inside the house OP

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol He absolutely doesn't have $450 million in liquid cash

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Grey Cat posted:

Flip flops are for taking out the trash, that's it.

Also I own only one pair of shoes :shrug:

I've been in San Diego for 14 years and have come to adopt the flip flop as the go to shoe for any occasion outside of jobs that require business casual clothing or a formal occasion. People here don't give a gently caress and its awesome

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

lol He absolutely doesn't have $450 million in liquid cash

Then what? The judgement goes through and his property starts getting sold off at government auction?

..... poo poo I wonder if I can buy some memorabilia of the time the NY goverment took all Donnie's stuff.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Help I did so much terrorism that it’s hard for the FBI to keep track and it’s all their fault so they better fix this before I sue them!

https://x.com/laurenwitzkede/status/1759673636074463259?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Usually 30 days from the date of judgment in federal court. Note that federal appeals do not necessarily require the same bond as NY civil appeals.

hmm, the jury verdict form in the second Carroll case was filed on 1/26, which would be 23 days ago. Not sure that's the right date to start counting from tho.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Do you think we could file a civil suit against Trump for all the time we've had to spend posting in this thread due to the insurrection?

Hazo posted:

Help I did so much terrorism that it’s hard for the FBI to keep track and it’s all their fault so they better fix this before I sue them!

https://x.com/laurenwitzkede/status/1759673636074463259?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw
I know it's petty to revel in their big mad but here I am

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When you lose Eric loving Erickson though I think he wishes the anti semitism was more subtle

Meanwhile on the Blaze

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1759293965516284204?s=20

i am gonna be a nerd and say part of this is the slow fracture of the social right between the newer barstool conservatives(the thumbs who bitch about black people in movies and mad that its not 80s sensibiltiies for eveyrthing that was helped birthed by gamer gate and the comics gate and etc) and the trad evangelical types who just want a theocratic poo poo. there is alot of crossover with both but your seeing fractures because the barstool types dont really like the church stuff and just want to play fratboy and weird bullies forever and the trads loving hate that the barstoolers dont believe all the bullshit. Trump is sorta the unifiere but alot of folks on both sides really liked RON! too.

https://www.vox.com/politics/2024/1/10/24024341/calendargate-conservative-civil-war

good article on it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:sbahj:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

There is absolutely no reason the SA Awful Trump Thread posters cannot file a class-action suit.

As we are, of course, very, very nasty people, people who treat him very unfairly.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

OPAONI posted:

Then what? The judgement goes through and his property starts getting sold off at government auction?

..... poo poo I wonder if I can buy some memorabilia of the time the NY goverment took all Donnie's stuff.

After x amount of days of the judgment being entered (in my state, it's 10), then begin the collection efforts! These usually consist of garnishments, hearings on assets, and liens.

They could keep hitting banks with garnishments until he becomes unbankable (basically, the bank gets tired of processing garnishments that return little to the creditor), or maybe they hit the motherboard and come back with $25 million each garnishments round (lol!). They could also try continuing garnishments on those who owe him money (Information found via hearing on assets), but those are a pain and it's usually fraction of the continuing payments (like 25%).

Most likely, they'd subpoena him for a hearing on assets before a judge. He'd be sworn in, or an officer of his company to speak for it, and they'd be questioned as to their assets. This is fun and all, but most people bs their way through these and lie. It's hard to prove some dipshit with a judgment against them is hiding assets, but could be more of a possibility than with a common debtor.

The judgment creditor could just slap liens on whatever is owned by the debtors, which sounds like a ton of commercial property. The liens would be satisfied on the sale of the property, usually, in these situations.

There's more obscure methods like till taps on the trimmy bar & grill or whatever, but those most likely wouldn't be fruitful enough to do.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
Agent Trump, we need you to do a few more things to completely destroy and embarrass the GOP.

1. Work to appoint your incompetent and completely delusional daughter in law Lara, you know her as "Laura" to RNC co-chair.
2. Slap your name on some golden high-top sneakers and sell them for $400.

We do not need another round of Trump NFT trading cards at this time. Agent Tump, we could not do this without you. We will be in contact soon. GOD SPEED

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MrMojok posted:

There is absolutely no reason the SA Awful Trump Thread posters cannot file a class-action suit.

As we are, of course, are very, very nasty people, people who treat him very unfairly.

I will be unable to appear for the subpoena because I don't want my posting history introduced as evidence tbh

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
My bunghole, it will speak now! It goes RAKA-TAKA! RAKA-TAKA! And then sometimes it goes Toko-too-wa! Bwa-Bwa-Bwa! Pbbbllltttt!!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

JoeBangles posted:

Most likely, they'd subpoena him for a hearing on assets before a judge. He'd be sworn in, or an officer of his company to speak for it, and they'd be questioned as to their assets. This is fun and all, but most people bs their way through these and lie. It's hard to prove some dipshit with a judgment against them is hiding assets, but could be more of a possibility than with a common debtor.

Isn't there a court appointed monitor for his business so he doesn't pull this kind of nonsense?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Harry_Potato posted:

My bunghole, it will speak now! It goes RAKA-TAKA! RAKA-TAKA! And then sometimes it goes Toko-too-wa! Bwa-Bwa-Bwa! Pbbbllltttt!!!!

This alternative to thinking about baseball goes too far

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Infomaniac posted:

Agent Trump, we need you to do a few more things to completely destroy and embarrass the GOP.

I don't care for the risk of him possibly becoming president again, but if he wholly owns the GOP nom in 24, 28, 32 and 36 losing each time I'll buy me pair of those Trump sneakers in solemn gratitude.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dark Brandon strikes again

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I will be unable to appear for the subpoena because I don't want my posting history introduced as evidence tbh

I object. As the current thread all-star, who has arguably taken the title from A Fancy Hat, your posting history will likely sway the judge more to our side.

(if AFH is still reading this thread I’m sorry but I haven’t seen you in a while)

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

kazil posted:

Isn't there a court appointed monitor for his business so he doesn't pull this kind of nonsense?

Yes, there is, but I'm not sure if the receiver can get in on a hearing on assets. Sorry, I am not familiar with NY law, but I suspect that the juicy stuff would be the trimmys personally: dinny, dunny, and elric.

The fun would be to subpoena their personal bank records. And examine them in court/under oath.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Harry_Potato posted:

You know these are not muscle guys here, they’re muscle guys up here.
And they calmly walk to us, and ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding…
They’ve only got 17 seconds to figure this whole thing out.
Boom. Okay. Missile launch. Woosh. Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWf09SMyVvc&t=13s

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I've been in San Diego for 14 years and have come to adopt the flip flop as the go to shoe for any occasion outside of jobs that require business casual clothing or a formal occasion. People here don't give a gently caress and its awesome

depending on your job you can spring for Rainbows or some other leather flip flop and they qualify as business casual

the new development of the ankle biter mosquitos suck poo poo though

also when chuds talk about boycotting NYC, this is all I can think of

:clint: get a rope :clint:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 19, 2024

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m convinced they will not file appeal. They won’t be able to get the money together in order to do so. Just wait. Soon, in about 3 weeks, the narrative will become, “they made it impossible to appeal!!” And they’ll push that narrative so hard until their supporters believe it, too.

Is this the same case where they forgot to ask for a jury and then later said they were denied a jury?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

HappyHippo posted:

Is this the same case where they forgot to ask for a jury and then later said they were denied a jury?

It's a case that would not have a jury regardless of which boxes Habba did or did not check

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Lol the look of absolute disgust at touching a poor

Trump looks pretty repulsed too :v:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Smeef posted:

Took me a sec to realize it said PA Ladies Love Trump and not Da Ladies Love Trump

Pa ladies do love him, he's a major hit with the 90-95+/cryptkeeper crowd!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Vampire Panties posted:

also when chuds talk about boycotting NYC, this is all I can think of

:clint: get a rope :clint:

Did you know there's a weird movement in upstate NY to separate from the city+ Long Island because people up here believe we're the economic engine of the state? People up here are incredibly loving stupid, but hate NYC mostly because it has the majority of the population and counters their chud rear end beliefs.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Hazo posted:

lol at thinking SSSS actually means you can’t fly

also lol at thinking the feebs care about rental cars, you probably just didn’t pay your last rental car bill and now you’re on their do not rent list

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Lazyfire posted:

Did you know there's a weird movement in upstate NY to separate from the city+ Long Island because people up here believe we're the economic engine of the state? People up here are incredibly loving stupid, but hate NYC mostly because it has the majority of the population and counters their chud rear end beliefs.

and its always dumb racist bullshit by idiots who could not count above ten without removing their shoes. A buncha sisterfuckers in the hills north of Sacramento have wanted to leave California for a while The state would have a population less than Sacramento, and would be one of the poorest in the union, but hey they dont want to pay taxes supporting liberal cities so everyone else should pay a shitload more in administration and overhead to support their stupid child fantasies.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

kazil posted:

What do they even appeal on? Judge is mean to dumb lawyers?

From what I’ve seen, they really can’t appeal the Carroll case because of Habba. There’s nothing to appeal.

For the fraud case, I’d guess something is there? The barrier seems the cash there.

If anything, I’d like to see what would happen given the perjury charges on the defense witnesses.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Grey Cat posted:

Cohosted by Hidetaka Miyazaki

I fukken love how canon this is.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

HappyHippo posted:

To be specific, it did not originally have a jury, because it is not that kind of case. However, they can petition for a jury trial, just by asking for one, and they would have gotten it if they had asked. They did not ask. Either side could ask technically. Yes, it certainly was Hanna’s job to ask and her gently caress up for either not knowing that or forgetting to. Their MO is to scream the lie louder than the truth. So, “we weren’t given a jury” was screamed very loudly. I expect the same for, “they made it impossible to appeal.”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jelly posted:

This alternative to thinking about baseball goes too far
Banging a trash can is still technically thinking about baseball for Astros fans.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

lol He absolutely doesn't have $450 in liquid cash

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So is that a Trump stamp?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

PuttyKnife posted:

From what I’ve seen, they really can’t appeal the Carroll case because of Habba. There’s nothing to appeal.

For the fraud case, I’d guess something is there? The barrier seems the cash there.

If anything, I’d like to see what would happen given the perjury charges on the defense witnesses.

This is correct. Habba did a truly terrible job in the Carroll case. Every once in a while she would raise an appealable issue but quash it with her own actions and arguments so fast. There’s nothing left open to appeal.

Engeron wrote the NY civil judgement in a way that’s quite difficult to appeal. Most of that case comes down to judgements of character of those who are testifying. Appeals courts do not like to re-judge the character of a witness like ever. Engeron’s arguments universally hold his judgements of character up to what the documents show, basically saying “I believe this person because x and y they say matches the documents, and I don’t believe this person because what they say doesn’t match the evidentiary documents at all.” It’s pretty simple. As well, the monetary penalty and non-monetary penalties are not exorbitant. They are very middle of the road. Appeals courts will have no reason to change them.

Trump is hosed, even if he could raise the money appealing will do nothing but waste said money.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is correct. Habba did a truly terrible job in the Carroll case. Every once in a while she would raise an appealable issue but quash it with her own actions and arguments so fast. There’s nothing left open to appeal.

Engeron wrote the NY civil judgement in a way that’s quite difficult to appeal. Most of that case comes down to judgements of character of those who are testifying. Appeals courts do not like to re-judge the character of a witness like ever. Engeron’s arguments universally hold his judgements of character up to what the documents show, basically saying “I believe this person because x and y they say matches the documents, and I don’t believe this person because what they say doesn’t match the evidentiary documents at all.” It’s pretty simple. As well, the monetary penalty and non-monetary penalties are not exorbitant. They are very middle of the road. Appeals courts will have no reason to change them.

Trump is hosed, even if he could raise the money appealing will do nothing but waste said money.

ah, but you're forgetting the appeal on the grounds of "judge energon is transtifa plant"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

Banging a trash can is still technically thinking about baseball for Astros fans.

:pusheen:

This is up there with the Leopold 2 joke