Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dreamer's defense on Busted Open is "I'm part of the team, I'm not the head, if I were the head I'd be world champ soon"

Not inspiring confidence tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And to be fair to everyone Joe Lanza said Tommy is positioned to become the most powerful person on the team but is not yet.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Delirious in 2024?!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Delirious in 2024?!

but enough about US politics

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I never dreamed I’d see the day where we had to drag LOLTNA out of the vault

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

it's my fault, i killed tna

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I never dreamered I’d see the day where we had to drag LOLTNA out of the vault

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MancXVI posted:

it's my fault, i killed tna

What took you so long?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've never been more certain that the name TNA itself is cursed as a wrestling company than seeing poo poo immediately go off the rails once they changed back to it after years of them not loving up much as Impact

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What’s the issue with Delirious as booker? The promotions associated with him are only recently accessible without difficulty where I live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he is a very conservative and slow booker who only pushes either his friends or people he knows aren't a risk of being scooped up elsewhere.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

edogawa rando posted:

What’s the issue with Delirious as booker? The promotions associated with him are only recently accessible without difficulty where I live.

His time as ROH booker can essentially be summed up by being really boring. Although part of that is probably that he was in the job for far too long.

ROH was the biggest it ever was during his tenure, granted mostly because of NJPW & Bullet Club, but when people reminisce about the company it's mostly stuff from the Gabe years: DG 6 man, Joe Kobashi, Joe Punk 2, Danielson McGuinness, Danielson Morishima, AJ London, KENTA Low Ki, Daniels Ki Danielson, MCMG Briscoes, the ROH CZW 6 man, Cage of Death, etc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Original ROH falling off a cliff almost completely coincided with him getting the book and pushing his friends. In-ring in ROH he was fine, booking in ROH he wasn't, and 2010 or 11 he took over as head booker replacing Adam Pearce. Between that and Danielson and McGuinness leaving around that time, what it was before and what it was from then on were two very different things

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

imagine if ecw never died but there was the same giant talent schism that occurs in 01 and ecw is left with cw anderson, justin credible, and simon diamond as its main event scene.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I missed the Jorge Barbosa bit earlier - that's actually cool, those Fight Network Diaries were excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js1UlzFP6UI

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

imagine if ecw never died but there was the same giant talent schism that occurs in 01 and ecw is left with cw anderson, justin credible, and simon diamond as its main event scene.

Is CW Silas Young in this analogy?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

delious can leave wreatling forever for his crime of waiting too loving long to give kyle o'riley the roh championship, which hurt me the kyle o'riley mega fan at the time (still am).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Delirious solo booking ROH was much better than Cornette ghost booking in Delirious' name and much better than when Bully Ray got all over the product. There were some really good things in there like The Young Bucks Bullet Club run with AJ.

He had some boring tendencies and maybe some worse than boring tendencies depending on who you believe but the product was pretty good when he was in sole control.

He's kind of like D'amore in the sense that people who watched it thought it was good but people tuning in would be turned off or bored a lot of the time when they had big opportunties to grow. Plus booking friends.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Dreamer's defense on Busted Open is "I'm part of the team, I'm not the head, if I were the head I'd be world champ soon"

Not inspiring confidence tbh

Well, at least we have a canary if he's head booker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I haven't seen TNA viewership in awhile, but this is probably another reason Anthem was ready to move on from Scott.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...ampaign=dlvr.it

86,000 viewers this week and a .02 demo. Last known number was 102,000 on January 25th. They hyped up Trinity a lot last summer and didn't get a bounce, and now post rebrand they hyped up they have seen no growth in their viewership.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Josh signed a 2-year extension the first week of March 2022

https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1759668458764091564?s=20

Was a no-brainer extension when D'Amore was around
Immediately gives new life to Ethan Page's AEW/ROH career if he heads over

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
If Alexander leaves Anthem really should just fold TNA once and for all, there's no coming back from chasing away your most dedicated performer (again)

(though selfishly I would indeed enjoy seeing him in the TK-verse for all the fresh matchups)

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 19, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
TNA isn't useless though, it's got one of the most important tape libraries in North America to both AEW and WWE. At this point they've kind of pissed away all good-will they had recently but how many times has TNA done that in the past and still survived anyway

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SpeedballBailey/status/1759692548606497256?s=20

When Speedball said in 2022 he was staying he outright cited D'Amore as a reason why https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/12/20/speedball-mike-bailey-im-gonna-be-with-impact-wrestling-for-a-few-more-years/

The PPV Saturday is going to be the first time since the firing everyone's really in the same building. Something's gonna give

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
well, $5 was worth having some pretty good impacts to watch through and see whatever happens at this surely to be totally normal ppvbut it may be the only $5

ill admit, i kind of find it annoying how much d'amore is on or referenced on the recent impacts ive watched, but really not a great sign for whats left in the wings if vets like speedball and josh alexander are ready to cut bait

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/SpeedballBailey/status/1759692548606497256?s=20

When Speedball said in 2022 he was staying he outright cited D'Amore as a reason why https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/12/20/speedball-mike-bailey-im-gonna-be-with-impact-wrestling-for-a-few-more-years/

The PPV Saturday is going to be the first time since the firing everyone's really in the same building. Something's gonna give

Everyone who can get a better deal will leave everyone who can't will stay, anyone who can get the a slightly better deal elsewhere but a better push in TNA will flip a coin. Same as always.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1759691623934337528

Honestly don't see where guys like Speedball or Maclin fit in outside of TNA unless Khan is interested in bringing them in as primarily ROH guys or something. Bad moment to be a disgruntled talent who isn't quite "can't miss"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I just remembered when TNA were ahead of the game and streaming their shows weekly on Twitch, then they got banned because of RVD's girlfriend's girlfriend having her nipple out. Not going to say I've watched every TNA/Impact show for the last year but at least the stuff I've seen was better than GCW shows so at least they clawed their way up to being better than the average indie show.

It's no DPW or PWG though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1759691623934337528

Honestly don't see where guys like Speedball or Maclin fit in outside of TNA unless Khan is interested in bringing them in as primarily ROH guys or something. Bad moment to be a disgruntled talent who isn't quite "can't miss"

Triple H probably will want some free agents he can say he won a bidding war over but not spend too much on. Assuming he still has a job.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Josh had an opportunity to maybe go to AEW at some point but did not want to be "a tag guy again" and thought he'd get lost in the shuffle. And fair point because if he signed now, it'd be even more crowded in the midst of the 3 biggest free agent signings in recent AEW history. Have heard he hasn't spoken to Ethan since he left so I do not see The North reforming ever. I think maybe he'd do really great in the WWE setting.

Speedball was always way too loving good to be stuck in TNA, again idk if AEW would sign him right after they got Ospreay but Bailey would be fantastic in Japan, or really anywhere except WWE where they'd certainly waste him akin to how Ricochet is treated now.

Maclin, I have no idea where he'd fit if he left? Seems like he'd be in a great position to be top guy if Josh and Speedball left so maybe it'd work out better, presuming they don't just loving put Moose as champ again.

the only name I'd say is 2000% bound for WWE when the contract is up is Jordynne Grace, she eventually wanted to be there and the Rumble was absolutely a dress rehearsal. she got received really well at it anyway.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speedball is absolutely can't miss imo

Maclin yeah, booking-wise his best bet is staying put. He's the one whatever in the pile so far in-ring

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jordynne makes way too much money on OnlyFans for WWE to match since she'd have to shut that down.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
People who say wrestlers in TNA would be better pushed in AEW should look at the wrestlers who made the same jump since 2020 - they all fit the pattern of “get a push, briefly, then slum in in ROH”.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

People who say wrestlers in TNA would be better pushed in AEW should look at the wrestlers who made the same jump since 2020 - they all fit the pattern of “get a push, briefly, then slum in in ROH”.

Big Bill is thriving.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I forgot about the Kingdom as well.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

is there another money mark out there that wants to spin up another wrestling company

there's enough high level talent floating around to do it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ivypls posted:

is there another money mark out there that wants to spin up another wrestling company

there's enough high level talent floating around to do it

There definitely isn't. If you were to create another American promotion based on unsigned people and people with expiring TNA contracts you'd have another promotion with no TV running multiple tapings at a time in front of 800-1,000 people. It'd be like what happened when Wrestle-1 formed out of All Japan, not good for anyone.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Praying for Josh Alexander in the G1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

There definitely isn't. If you were to create another American promotion based on unsigned people and people with expiring TNA contracts you'd have another promotion with no TV running multiple tapings at a time in front of 800-1,000 people. It'd be like what happened when Wrestle-1 formed out of All Japan, not good for anyone.

Imagine MLW but smaller!

apophenium posted:

Praying for Josh Alexander in the G1

While a risk I'd probably say Josh/Speedball if leaving TNA should look at doing New Japan or Japan for a year to get some more hype before going to AEW cause if they go now they'll be in the large group of good wrestlers that don't stand out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
NJ might also be especially inclined to push them at this moment given their current dearth of top gaijin talent