Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Ah just joshin' ya. The forums feel froggy for real and I guess it's contagious. Hope it works for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

You have no one to blame but yourself.

(Getting old sucks, the daily meds just keep adding up)

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I got the food court cookie. It was warm and soft, maybe too soft, to the point I think it was a bit underdone. Also it was a lot of cookie for one person. Glad I tried it, and definitely a step up from the churro, but I don't think I'll be getting it a second time.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Lisinopril? Big same buddy

Lisinopril buds :hfive:

Hoping I can drop it if I lose a bit more weight.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Never park under a pine tree. I found that out last summer when my car became a magnet for pine sap. Let me tell you, if you don't clean it off ASAP, it'll harden into a godforsaken goop that just does not come off. It'll absolutely RUIN a paint job. Had to spend hours cleaning that poo poo off.

gently caress.

Rubbing alcohol will take pine sap right off.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Eeyo posted:

Lisinopril buds :hfive:

Yo
What statin are you all taking

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

brunch with yr parents posted:

Rubbing alcohol will take pine sap right off.

Is this how you get the pine tar soap off your skin too?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Armacham posted:

Yo

Zero because my cholesterol is actually perfect. That's a purely genetics win though

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Armacham posted:

Yo

Atorvastatin, but more as a preventative, because my other meds. Hooray.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

None despite my levels because I have no family history and low BP.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Two Costco things:

1 - I had the cookie yesterday. It was a hell of a cookie. Will get again anytime I want to eat way too much cookie.

2 - The black and yellow storage bins were nowhere to be found. Are these seasonal? They didn't dare get rid of them, did they?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

WTFBEES posted:

Two Costco things:

1 - I had the cookie yesterday. It was a hell of a cookie. Will get again anytime I want to eat way too much cookie.

2 - The black and yellow storage bins were nowhere to be found. Are these seasonal? They didn't dare get rid of them, did they?

I was at Business Costco yesterday and they had shitloads of those storage bins in two sizes, but then again, it was also the Business Costco and they have all sorts of poo poo that isn't at regular Costco so who knows.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

WTFBEES posted:

Two Costco things:

they usually come back

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WTFBEES posted:

Two Costco things:

Mine went from having what appeared to be way too many to me not finding them but they were just moved. I don't think they're a shortage. They were even in sale, one dollar off.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Armacham posted:

Yo

Rosuvastatin :(

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Undeterred by my setback yesterday and inspired by $1 savings, I returned to Costco today and found the bins in a place they very much were not yesterday.

Thank you thread and thank you Costco!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

WTFBEES posted:

Undeterred by my setback yesterday and inspired by $1 savings, I returned to Costco today and found the bins in a place they very much were not yesterday.

Thank you thread and thank you Costco!

I guess someone really needed a lot of storage yesterday.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Checked out a new CostCo that’s slightly closer to me

The layout was noticeably different which was disorienting. Didn’t spot the Japanese BBQ sauce which was a bummer.

The hound approves of the bed

Also these beds look a lot smaller in an enormous warehouse than inside your home

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I bought the kirkland sweet heat snack mix to have a healthier snack option laying around and i ate the whole loving bag immediately

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Reek posted:

I bought the kirkland sweet heat snack mix to have a healthier snack option laying around and i ate the whole loving bag immediately

Lol we bought those too because we were surprised that there was a snack mix that didn't have peanuts in them for filler.

Bag lasted like a day and a half

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

david_a posted:

Also these beds look a lot smaller in an enormous warehouse than inside your home

A lot of costco stuff is like that. I bought one of those love sac bean bag chair things that Costco carries and it did not look nearly as big in the store as it does in my living room. Same with a lot of the frozen stuff. Doesn't look like it takes that much space when I'm at the store, but it can be a struggle to get everything I bought to fit in my small apartment freezer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Reek posted:

What it look like

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Reek posted:

I used to do this with the old Fruit and Nut Medley.

Bring back Fruit and Nut Medley!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

What it look like

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-sweet-heat-snack-mix%2c-24-oz.product.4000233544.html

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That sweet heat lookin’ good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

david_a posted:

The layout was noticeably different which was disorienting. Didn’t spot the Japanese BBQ sauce which was a bummer.

Just $1.50 for that dog? PBUC

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Anyone have experience with costco cat trees? Any of them good? Particularly in the cleaning piles of cat hair off it department.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

My sisters have a Costco cat tree from several years back with a bunch of hammocks and such that they say cleans well and their cats enjoyed. I have a much older (10ish years?) Costco one that’s pretty plain, just a few tiers, but my cats like it. Needed more frequent cleaning of hair than I gave it, though, as even going at it with the upholstery cleaning attachment on my vacuum now doesn’t really get it fully clean. Probably more my fault with being lazy about cleaning in the past than that of the tree, it’s held up remarkably well otherwise.

What they have now may not be the same as these but there’s at least a history of quality in what they sell?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Ayndin posted:

My sisters have a Costco cat tree from several years back with a bunch of hammocks and such that they say cleans well and their cats enjoyed. I have a much older (10ish years?) Costco one that’s pretty plain, just a few tiers, but my cats like it. Needed more frequent cleaning of hair than I gave it, though, as even going at it with the upholstery cleaning attachment on my vacuum now doesn’t really get it fully clean. Probably more my fault with being lazy about cleaning in the past than that of the tree, it’s held up remarkably well otherwise.

What they have now may not be the same as these but there’s at least a history of quality in what they sell?

Thanks, I'll give it actual consideration then. :cheers:
Current tree he absolutely loves but he's shredded to poo poo in 2 years and the little padding things inside the beds is impossible to vaccuum and it's stapled to the structure so not great for cleaning. Looking to reduce his love of getting hairballs by having him not lay in a pile of hair all day.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Reek posted:

That stuff is good. I've had to shake some into a small bowl and immediately put the bag back in the pantry and it probably still won't make it to the next trip.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Picked up the Japanese BBQ sauce and gave it a shot with some chicken and rice. Really good, but definitely not teriyaki sauce like some folks were claiming.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

its all nice on rice posted:

Picked up the Japanese BBQ sauce and gave it a shot with some chicken and rice. Really good, but definitely not teriyaki sauce like some folks were claiming.

I'd say it's closer to a simple stir fry sauce than teriyaki. I did make something chicken teriyaki adjacent with it recently, but added a bit of honey and corn starch and some other stuff I don't remember offhand. I like that it's not as sweet as a typical bbq/teriyaki sauce would be, makes it more versatile for my uses.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

Thanks, I'll give it actual consideration then. :cheers:
Current tree he absolutely loves but he's shredded to poo poo in 2 years and the little padding things inside the beds is impossible to vaccuum and it's stapled to the structure so not great for cleaning. Looking to reduce his love of getting hairballs by having him not lay in a pile of hair all day.

do you either own tools or have a community you can borrow them from? if so, you’d be better off taking a trip to your local hardware store (or obsessing over craigslist for a few weeks for construction scraps if you’re extra cool) then ripping off this overpriced garbage. or just build a standard kitty condo out of scraps

cats are picky bitches about most things, but they don’t really care about what they’re jumping and scratching on so long as it has some carpet remnants and a view

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

david_a posted:

The bed is big

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&pagenumber=296&perpage=40&userid=0#post489153725

This post was from fuckin 2018 and I've been thinking about this recipe the entire time.

Finally got around to making it today, A+, would recommend, it's incredible. My wife and I ate an embarrassing amount of what was supposed to be a pasta sauce straight out of the pot.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

TrashMammal posted:

do you either own tools or have a community you can borrow them from?

No and no :(
I could definitely make something if I did. But don't have the scratch to really get any tools. Got some screwdrivers hammers and wrenches that's about it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

No and no :(
I could definitely make something if I did. But don't have the scratch to really get any tools. Got some screwdrivers hammers and wrenches that's about it.

does anything pop up when you search for tool library + your town’s name?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

TrashMammal posted:

does anything pop up when you search for tool library + your town’s name?

Yes, but we're moving in a couple weeks and new town doesnt, it looks like I'd have to drive all the way to denver which would be very inconvenient for tool renting to say the least.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Free tools :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
alright who's willing to admit they bought the triple chocolate cream pie and then how fast did you consume it