Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

BigDumper posted:

They should have made a short little fat version of Shadow like they have for Sonic, who cares if Shadow never had a past design like that

That's Knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mega64 posted:

That's Knuckles.

Honestly I’d still take it

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just give us a Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go...hmm... Marill? I'm gonna say Marill for the Pikablue meme.

Alternatively, Pokemon Legends Celebi.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just give us a Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go...hmm... Marill? I'm gonna say Marill for the Pikablue meme.

Wooper.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Odama please

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Nintendo life played an hour of peach showtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLU680NLQ9o

Pretty much confirms what we were all expecting. Super simple. A to jump, B to do an action, X to remind you the controls. Super easy...but charm out the rear end. You're on a stage the whole time so everything looks like a prop, like at one point she's riding a wave and you can tell it's made of cardboard. Tons of little details, like he mentions when she's ninja peach and goes into water, she sticks a bamboo above the surface to breathe through.

Frame rate dips during some transformations, otherwise it looks really good. The reviewer left feeling more excited for the game! God it looks loving rad

In conclusion, once again nintendo has insulted us hardcore gamers with more zero effort trash, and when the gamers eventually rise up nintendo will loving pay for this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (the best game on Switch btw) has the perfect balance of casual + collection/completionist + hardcore challenge. Sad that every other dev is simply too lazy and hides behind the "it's a kids game" shield when 70% of the people who will buy it are 35 year old men.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

American McGay posted:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (the best game on Switch btw) has the perfect balance of casual + collection/completionist + hardcore challenge. Sad that every other dev is simply too lazy and hides behind the "it's a kids game" shield when 70% of the people who will buy it are 35 year old men.

Yeah I watched my son 100% Kirby and it was surprisingly deep and challenging. He kept making me help on the very last few bosses but I would just die immediately and get in the way

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

mdemone posted:

Yeah I watched my son 100% Kirby and it was surprisingly deep and challenging. He kept making me help on the very last few bosses but I would just die immediately and get in the way

One of my kids plays Kirby on switch online SNES and when they play the one where you can hit a button to summon a helper bud they call it Blueberry and while I was watching them play once it killed an enemy and I heard “why thank you blueberry.”

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Eternal Darkness Expanded Universe titles with a remake, sequel, boomer shooter, and kart racer

I would love to see someone try to make a kart racer with a hallucination inducing sanity meter :D

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mavis Beacon may teach typing, but Kirby apparently teaches manners and gratitude.
My youngest got Kirby /Forgotten for his 7th(?) birthday and he devoured the game in a few days. He goes back and replays it every couple of months. He hasn’t been nearly as excited about Return to Dreamland, Star Allies, or any of the other ones. Something about the 3d viewpoint vs 2d side scroller just hits his little brain differently.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Nintendo life played an hour of peach showtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLU680NLQ9o

Pretty much confirms what we were all expecting. Super simple. A to jump, B to do an action, X to remind you the controls. Super easy...but charm out the rear end. You're on a stage the whole time so everything looks like a prop, like at one point she's riding a wave and you can tell it's made of cardboard. Tons of little details, like he mentions when she's ninja peach and goes into water, she sticks a bamboo above the surface to breathe through.

Frame rate dips during some transformations, otherwise it looks really good. The reviewer left feeling more excited for the game! God it looks loving rad

In conclusion, once again nintendo has insulted us hardcore gamers with more zero effort trash, and when the gamers eventually rise up nintendo will loving pay for this

It's funny to me that the controls have three buttons and one of the buttons functions is just to tell you what the other two buttons do

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

One of my kids plays Kirby on switch online SNES and when they play the one where you can hit a button to summon a helper bud they call it Blueberry and while I was watching them play once it killed an enemy and I heard “why thank you blueberry.”

Can’t even count how many times I said “nice shot Tulin” while playing totk when he’d headshot a bokoblin or whatever

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

Burnout Paradise. Red Faction: Guerrilla or RDR ain't bad though. Comedy option: L.A. Noire, or any of the Saints Row games.

I wish Test Drive Unlimited still existed; i would just drive around in that game listening to podcasts all the time.

I can report that Test Drive Unlimited works fairly well on the Steamdeck if you simply copy over the game from a PC. Annoying to set up all the keybinds unless you connect external KB+mouse, though. Shouldn't be too crazy to port to the Switch considering it's using tiny amounts of power on the Steamdeck, but I wouldn't be surprised if the source code has been lost considering neither that version of Atari or the studio exists anymore.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Balatro came out today btw.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

For best results, google "Peach cowgirl" on your work computer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

playing now on switch 🃏

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Bofast posted:

I would love to see someone try to make a kart racer with a hallucination inducing sanity meter :D

At least finally include a runic spell system

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffle! posted:

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

American McGay posted:

It is so loving good

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Waffle! posted:

What am I missing here?
There's nothing :nws:
What am I missing? :confused:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Is that you? :stare:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"Cowgirl" is an epic 90s techno track by UK group "Underworld" which played in the film "Hackers".

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Apple Arcade exclusive baybee

I have it on 3ds, what you talking about?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

B33rChiller posted:

I have it on 3ds, what you talking about?

There's a newer one

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There's a newer one

Cool. I wasn't aware.

For other open world kind of play, there's lego city cit undercover, aka gta jr.
It's full of collecty stuff and lots of cars to steal. Often on sale cheap. Cars drive like a lego car would though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

How is it on Switch? Was gonna get it on Switch unless it's somehow more amazing on Steam Deck (don't really use mods for roguelikes so that part is irrelevant) but want to make sure it's a good port first.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"Cowgirl" is an epic 90s techno track by UK group "Underworld" which played in the film "Hackers".

This.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Non Compos Mentis posted:

sorry guys, i said #PokemonPresents
Goddammit

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

tinfoil hat time.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/02/it-looks-like-gold-and-silver-will-feature-in-the-next-pokemon-presents

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

instead of Let's Go they should do something more ambitious. I think I would have been vaguely interested in Let's Go if they at least made Kanto feel a little fresh rather then it basically being Gen 1 with watered down gameplay.

but then again, it is TPC/Game Freak, so ambitious is not exactly in their lexicon.

Also, today I learned in an alternate reality they got Let's Go Psyduck.

quote:

According to Masuda, he decided to make Eevee the mascot of the other game due to its popularity and abundance of fan art. He had previously considered Psyduck but ultimately changed his mind, stating that it was due to Psyduck having a headache.[18]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The hd rumble in balatro is so good

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Coincidentally, I was listening to that album (Dubnobasswithmyheadman) last night.
Even 30 years later, it's such a damned dirty epic record.
For that matter, anyone who doesn't have it, and also Second Toughest in the Infants needs them both.Those are a couple of the cds I will never, ever get rid of.

otter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 20, 2024

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Mega64 posted:

How is it on Switch? Was gonna get it on Switch unless it's somehow more amazing on Steam Deck (don't really use mods for roguelikes so that part is irrelevant) but want to make sure it's a good port first.

On a technical level, pretty much 1:1 playing it on Switch vs Deck except for Steam specific stuff like achievements and obvious stuff like comparing scores against Steam friends.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

DC Murderverse posted:

BotW doesn’t count as a rerelease because “re” implies two release and they came out simultaneously.

yes it does

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1760036600954921102

Convincing myself that we are going to get another top tier Monkey Ball game after 20 years.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Honestly I hate that guy more than the soyfaced YouTube freaks. At least they own it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dont be rude him, Hes sacrificing a lot telling us what game ads will be in the ad show a day in advance. You should be bowing down and praising the wario ware bird guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hatty posted:

Dont be rude him, Hes sacrificing a lot telling us what game ads will be in the ad show a day in advance. You should be bowing down and praising the wario ware bird guy

Agreed, it's nice a guy is giving us fun stuff to speculate about instead of trying to monetize youtube content.