Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Genovera posted:

I have a Yanqing, and I'll be able to use him properly once my new Gepard is built, but he's just been aggravating to use and ineffective compared to all my other DPS (even the 4* ones). I'd love to get Jingliu on a rerun too.

I thought the same thing once I got Gepard built. It turns out Yanqing is still bad and does not do more dps than any other 5* dps who require a lot less conditions to be met. Plus so many bosses put dots on you that once it is on him, you can never keep his skill running.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
All I have to say about Acheron is that "Slashed Dream" is a terrible name for anything, and I hope the localization team rethink their life choices between now and the end of the beta.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually gently caress acherons ult this is the real leak

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

Sadly the leaker said she's 100% NPC which is a loving tragedy and should be criminalized. Like I know we have Robin but you don't make a woman that gay and not let me pull on her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf he only said '100% NPC' in the context of shes not the 4* for the next patch, i believe? theres been other characters who were introduced as NPCs and then became playable a fair bit later, like xueyi. her model looks too detailed for just an NPC i feel like

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

tbf he only said '100% NPC' in the context of shes not the 4* for the next patch, i believe? theres been other characters who were introduced as NPCs and then became playable a fair bit later, like xueyi. her model looks too detailed for just an NPC i feel like

I hope she's playable because, I mean. Yeah.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

Has Hoyo ever made a non-enemy humanoid NPC model look that good, though? Between Genshin and HSR I've been conditioned to assume that with a character model that detailed if she's not a boss she's going to be playable sooner or later

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Shinji2015 posted:

Has Hoyo ever made a non-enemy humanoid NPC model look that good, though? Between Genshin and HSR I've been conditioned to assume that with a character model that detailed if she's not a boss she's going to be playable sooner or later

Fujin in the recent Genshin patch. Maybe Liben counts as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fujin feels like a pretty different level. like shes unique but shes got resting npc face still.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

If we go on details on NPC being playable, then does that mean Colleen in the dream edge will become playable too?

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

hoyoverse female character wearing pants: about a 90% “no shot” for playability. it is a very nice model though, so who knows

i’m still waiting on something to happen to arlecchino

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Endorph posted:

fujin feels like a pretty different level. like shes unique but shes got resting npc face still.

Yeah, she's like a... 3* character compared to most NPCs. It's definitely an upgrade over most, but I honestly didn't register her as unique to start with.

I'm all for unique NPCs in Hoyo games (within reason), especially when there are several that show up in quests over and over. There's not anyone in HSR I can think of offhand that deserves that kind of treatment (maybe Adler, but gently caress Adler), but in Genshin Katheryne at the very least deserves an unique model, at this point the only characters who have shown up more than her are Paimon and maybe Venti

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

oh gently caress

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

At the risk of getting too much into HI3 lore <snip>

HI3 Lore, Star Rail and Genshin speculation, Genshin Fontaine spoilers.

I'm pretty sure the only Herrschers with that effect are Finality and Origin, who are both the two strongest ones and the two closest to the Coccoon Of Finality. So, it could either be a display of power level, or a calling card of Finality in general.

If it's power level, cool, I was vaguely curious about the power scaling. But man that reality hole in Bad Future Teyvat is loving big.

If it's Finality, which would probably be confirmed by Archeron, then that also confirms Finality at work in/around Teyvat, between Skirk, the whale, and the Bad Future.

I will say, however, Archeron is 110% not "our" Raiden Mei, there is no way after all of HI3 that they're gonna yank the main trio out of their happy ending any more than APHO temporarily does. But didn't Kiana become Herrscher Of Finality in GGZ, but in a bad way? Do Aeons have to respect linear time, or could she have ascended or something??? :tinfoil: Or she could just be a different Raiden Mei, the multiverse is loving big.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

Almost every other character has long flowing robes, hair, coat tails, etc., presumably so they look more dynamic when moving around. This model looks too “light” compared to everyone else. If I had to bet right now I’d say not playable. I’d love to be wrong but hoyo are slaves to unified design

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

padijun posted:

Almost every other character has long flowing robes, hair, coat tails, etc., presumably so they look more dynamic when moving around. This model looks too “light” compared to everyone else. If I had to bet right now I’d say not playable. I’d love to be wrong but hoyo are slaves to unified design

she does have a garter though with improves her odds. arm garter tho so maybe 50/50

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Captain France posted:

HI3 Lore, Star Rail and Genshin speculation, Genshin Fontaine spoilers.

I'm pretty sure the only Herrschers with that effect are Finality and Origin, who are both the two strongest ones and the two closest to the Coccoon Of Finality. So, it could either be a display of power level, or a calling card of Finality in general.

If it's power level, cool, I was vaguely curious about the power scaling. But man that reality hole in Bad Future Teyvat is loving big.

If it's Finality, which would probably be confirmed by Archeron, then that also confirms Finality at work in/around Teyvat, between Skirk, the whale, and the Bad Future.

I will say, however, Archeron is 110% not "our" Raiden Mei, there is no way after all of HI3 that they're gonna yank the main trio out of their happy ending any more than APHO temporarily does. But didn't Kiana become Herrscher Of Finality in GGZ, but in a bad way? Do Aeons have to respect linear time, or could she have ascended or something??? :tinfoil: Or she could just be a different Raiden Mei, the multiverse is loving big.

An idea that just popped up to me, especially in regards to Genshin.

So the Cocoon of Finality is a giant eye basically, from a fourth dimensional being, and probably belongs to Terminus. Irmin the last king of Khaenri'ah, is basically Odin, who cut out his eye and cast it into the netherworld to see there. There are two possibilities for how Terminus could look. One is something like the Commander of the Will, very eye themed eldritch monster. The other is he looks like Odin, missing eye, tying all the games super closely together.

As for her not being Mei, I mean this is the writer to do it. He killed Himeko. And I keep coming back to what her stigma said before she became the Herrscher of Thunder. "You will leave everything behind. You will lose friends and family. Mistrust and suspicion will hound you. You will be further down this lonely path. You will leave her for all eternity. You will no longer be by her side, nor see her smile, nor take her hand. There is no turning back once you step on this path." Regardless she absolutely has Mei's memories since she knows Welt and Sakura. And answering how she has our Mei's memories is important.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

padijun posted:

Almost every other character has long flowing robes, hair, coat tails, etc., presumably so they look more dynamic when moving around. This model looks too “light” compared to everyone else.

eh, she's got the little sidebelt. its not that much but theres characters in the game who barely have anything flowing. like sampo has two tiny coattails and thats it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Help, I think I'm gay for Gallagher.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

goon gallagay
so what

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

goon gallagay
so what

Pulling for 4 stars is a trap. And I'm sitting on a 5 star guarantee that's reserved for Aventurine. It sucks.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

An idea that just popped up to me, especially in regards to Genshin.

So the Cocoon of Finality is a giant eye basically, from a fourth dimensional being, and probably belongs to Terminus. Irmin the last king of Khaenri'ah, is basically Odin, who cut out his eye and cast it into the netherworld to see there. There are two possibilities for how Terminus could look. One is something like the Commander of the Will, very eye themed eldritch monster. The other is he looks like Odin, missing eye, tying all the games super closely together.

As for her not being Mei, I mean this is the writer to do it. He killed Himeko. And I keep coming back to what her stigma said before she became the Herrscher of Thunder. "You will leave everything behind. You will lose friends and family. Mistrust and suspicion will hound you. You will be further down this lonely path. You will leave her for all eternity. You will no longer be by her side, nor see her smile, nor take her hand. There is no turning back once you step on this path." Regardless she absolutely has Mei's memories since she knows Welt and Sakura. And answering how she has our Mei's memories is important.

There are eyes all over both Teyvat's weirder stuff and Penacony. "Here's a bunch of eyes" being a sign that Terminus is paying attention actually makes a lot of sense.

As for the whole thing with Mei, well, I'm also kind of annoyed that that all sorta got skipped over with no real apparent effort specifically towards it on Mei's part. But instead of working to get herself back from merging with her stigma, or doing horrible things for World Serpent that she needed to repent for, or losing her friends' trust for even a second, she spent pretty much all of her time separated from the main crew in the story in the Elysian Realm and it's arc. I guess it could be the long game with some sort of weird post-story curse, but honestly? If there is one writer I do not expect to bring Mei back to address how her big awful decision wound up being no big deal, it's the guy who was writing Mei when it should have been a big deal and wasn't.

Also, I'm not into dudes, but Star Rail definitely has the hottest dudes in the Hoyoverse, right? Gallagher, Adventurine, Dr. Ratio, Argenti, Jing Yuan, they even imported Welt and an Otto. Good for dude likers, glad to see you getting some attention.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 20, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Captain France posted:

There are eyes all over both Teyvat's weirder stuff and Penacony. "Here's a bunch of eyes" being a sign that Terminus is paying attention actually makes a lot of sense.

As for the whole thing with Mei, well, I'm also kind of annoyed that that all sorta got skipped over with no real apparent effort specifically towards it on Mei's part. But instead of working to get herself back from merging with her stigma, or doing horrible things for World Serpent that she needed to repent for, or losing her friends' trust for even a second, she spent pretty much all of her time separated from the main crew in the story in the Elysian Realm and it's arc. I guess it could be the long game with some sort of weird post-story curse, but honestly? If there is one writer I do not expect to bring Mei back to address how her big awful decision wound up being no big deal, it's the guy who was writing Mei when it should have been a big deal and wasn't.

Also, I'm not into dudes, but Star Rail definitely has the hottest dudes in the Hoyoverse, right? Gallagher, Adventurine, Dr. Ratio, Argenti, Jing Yuan, they even imported Welt and an Otto. Good for dude likers, glad to see you getting some attention.

Yeah, but hey second chances are a thing too. There's a lot of explaining he needs to do regardless...

As for guys, HSR actually got me to pull as and play as dudes, and I'm typically not really a fan of playing as men in general. Yet I have Luocha (no choice there he's Otto), Blade, Daniel, and Argenti and I love all of them. None of Genshin's dps dudes were cool enough for me to play, I only went for Kazuha and Zhongli. I also built Welt once I got him, but like Luocha that was preordained.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I finally did the prison break event, and while I thought the minigames were basically fine during the story, even with how quick the event was to finish I felt pretty done with them and didn't care much for the event anyway. I guess the pinball thing is so braindead easy that it was fine, but the Hanu stuff is just boring, and I actively dislike the wall walking.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bad Video Games posted:

Pulling for 4 stars is a trap. And I'm sitting on a 5 star guarantee that's reserved for Aventurine. It sucks.

You can choose him with your free 4* pick.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

eh, she's got the little sidebelt. its not that much but theres characters in the game who barely have anything flowing. like sampo has two tiny coattails and thats it

Look at her back though, from what I can see the coat is flat material. Every other playable character has all kinds of crazy crap visually interesting design elements there

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I would enjoy running around as her.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

padijun posted:

Look at her back though, from what I can see the coat is flat material. Every other playable character has all kinds of crazy crap visually interesting design elements there

don't ruin this for me

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

You can choose him with your free 4* pick.

poo poo, I forgot about that! Now I can put together the boys. Ratio, Aventurine, Trailblazer, and Gallagher. They won't be effective, but they'll look pretty drat good. :D

Do we know if Gallagher and Aventurine will have new Stagnant Shadow bosses? I'd like to pre-farm if possible.

On a different topic, how the hell are people beating MoC 12 without Ruan Mei and/or Black Swan? Because that second phase of the meme feels loving impossible.

It amuses me very much that I can do a Kafka hypercarry with Tingyun and Hanya and still body Gepard in 5 cycles. :)

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

padijun posted:

It could also just be the base mesh and the dynamic pieces that need to be rigged and setup as dynamic cloth aren't there yet. Not super confident that's the case, but it's a possibility.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

poo poo, I forgot about that! Now I can put together the boys. Ratio, Aventurine, Trailblazer, and Gallagher. They won't be effective, but they'll look pretty drat good. :D

i want this to be a me and the boys edit

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

On a different topic, how the hell are people beating MoC 12 without Ruan Mei and/or Black Swan? Because that second phase of the meme feels loving impossible.

I didn't use either on that side. I went with Fu Xuan/Silver Wolf/Ratio/Tingyun and took it in five cycles.

The secret is for phase two, let your sustain/support get snagged and then just ignore the gimmick and burst the meme back to hell.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I feel like I’m hitting with pillows in non-Ruan Mei team setups after experiencing the power

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

We obviously see the Bloodhound often as they're very prominent, and it make sense since they do all of the security stuff and we usually find troubles. The Iris family is the musicians, entertainment, and service workers. The Alfalfa family is all about marketing, the moneymakers, and the bankers. The nightingale is the constructors of the entire dreamscape.

So what the heck does the Oak family do? Just tell the other families what to do? That doesn't sound very harmonious to me at all. Like I thought all of the Family are equal and they all contribute to Peacony, but it sounds like the Oak is just another manager who's all "We're all in it together team!" while they get to keep all of the bonuses to themselves

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

I feel like I’m hitting with pillows in non-Ruan Mei team setups after experiencing the power

It's funny because on an Imaginary-weak target my Ratio feels almost as good as my double DoT comp in hand-me-down Genius gear. :v:

100% defense ignore is a hell of a drug.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

NeonPunk posted:

So what the heck does the Oak family do? Just tell the other families what to do? That doesn't sound very harmonious to me at all. Like I thought all of the Family are equal and they all contribute to Peacony, but it sounds like the Oak is just another manager who's all "We're all in it together team!" while they get to keep all of the bonuses to themselves

Theme park administration has to be pretty complex before you even bring dreams into it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

that gay lady will definitely be playable

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

GateOfD posted:

She's absolutely spoiled me lol

And now I have a new Black Swan to play with :unsmigghh:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Does Sparkle generate enough SP to allow for a DHIL + Bronya team setup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

I didn't use either on that side. I went with Fu Xuan/Silver Wolf/Ratio/Tingyun and took it in five cycles.

The secret is for phase two, let your sustain/support get snagged and then just ignore the gimmick and burst the meme back to hell.

That did it. Thanks!

Weirdly, when I killed first phase, he instantly ganked Topaz and Ratio before either took a turn. Still managed to clutch it out on the very last hit. Topaz + Ratio + Ratio's bathwater is a very scary combination.