Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
FADE IN:

INT. MY rear end - NIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

tar was pretty funny, good comedy

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

There is a very good found footage horror film called Borderlands that I can’t recommend enough. Creepy as gently caress.

Sunk Dunk posted:

FADE IN:

INT. MY rear end - NIGHT

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

FADE IN:

INT. MY rear end - NIGHT

Honestly there's a pretty good chance that would cause enough reader spit takes to make the blacklist

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Failson posted:

Milla Jovovich denied a second video game franchise.

She could have had a Monster Hunter franchise if the first movie didn't bomb.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A road trip sex comedy where a poster tries to meet his favorite B-movie actress and former penthouse model

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kramer vs Kramer mixed with Michael Richards' racist meltdown.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

henkman posted:

A road trip sex comedy where a poster tries to meet his favorite B-movie actress and former penthouse model

Hmmmmm “Meeting Monique”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Never forget Jamie Lee Curtis complained extensively and repeatedly that Coldplay were too punk rock because their shows started after 5pm.

She is right.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Endless Trash posted:

There is a very good found footage horror film called Borderlands that I can’t recommend enough. Creepy as gently caress.

i want to trust you but your posts are all tongue in cheek so i'm worried this might be a terrible movie

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

yeah, the end of Tar was specifically rewritten in response to her experiences working on Borderlands. I thought everybody knew this

lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i want to trust you but your posts are all tongue in cheek so i'm worried this might be a terrible movie

it's a decent found footage horror. I'd put it on the same level as stuff like grave encounters, creep, or as above so below.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

no it’s good, conditional on your love of the genre. Mine is probably slightly above average.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's a very middling non-found footage horror movie called Borderland that I can't recommend- enough!!

but when we saw it in theaters there's a scene where rider strong's character runs for his life from the satanic cult and the guy in front of us scoffed and said "coward." and we all laughed

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Endless Trash posted:

no it’s good, conditional on your love of the genre. Mine is probably slightly above average.

found footage horror is my secret shameful love, I'm looking at this and it seems right up my alley

same category, has anyone seen the most recent VHS? i just remembered I never saw it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

AARD VARKMAN posted:

found footage horror is my secret shameful love, I'm looking at this and it seems right up my alley

same category, has anyone seen the most recent VHS? i just remembered I never saw it

it's alright, I'd rank it around the middle of the VHS series

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't expect to ever enjoy a v/h/s segment as much as I enjoyed the indonesian cult one from 2

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

I don't expect to ever enjoy a v/h/s segment as much as I enjoyed the indonesian cult one from 2

that one was insanely good. VHS 2 was my second horror movie ever, watched in a pitch black room with friends, and any time we get together now 10+ years later someone will just go "PAPAAAAAaa...."

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
yeah in the 4 movies since there hasn't been a segment nearly as good as the cult one

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The one with the people getting shot at on a boat in the middle of a lake started could have been one of the most unsettling entries but then the story went in the dumbest direction after that.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Stink Billyums posted:

yeah in the 4 movies since there hasn't been a segment nearly as good as the cult one

the one in 3 with the snake dick really stuck with me for some reason but not as good. #1 had the succubus story i thought was decent but all my friends loved

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Vakal posted:

The one with the people getting shot at on a boat in the middle of a lake started could have been one of the most unsettling entries but then the story went in the dumbest direction after that.

I feel that's kind of the point. Suicide Bid in VHS 99 was pretty disturbing until the supernatural parts. Something has to make it fun

The only VHS movie I didn't care for was Viral, but I also haven't seen it since it came out.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's good, I watched it on Halloween a couple years back

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm waiting for them to get to D/V/D

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Kingo Ligma posted:

This doesn't apply to writers.
You have the tools to write the best screenplay in history, currently being used to poo poo post right here.

I believe in you, off you go.

CHIP
Yes

ROCCO
I thought I was daed
but I manuged to get
the drip on him.

BEAUTIFUL GIRL
Thank You!!!

ROCCO
I must be loyel to
my capo.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Holy poo poo there was a Starman tv show?

Holy poo poo the new Columbia 4K set comes with new HD scans of the Starman tv show!?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Failson posted:

Milla Jovovich denied a second video game franchise.

Man, Monster Hunter really did not make an impact.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

Holy poo poo there was a Starman tv show?

Holy poo poo the new Columbia 4K set comes with new HD scans of the Starman tv show!?

Yeah it's got that dude from Airplane! in it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Nah that’s a real movie. It’s not bad. Held back by the budget a bit but still worth watching.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched existenz at the alamo

my first cronenberg. I liked the practical effects. also I didn't realize it before but jude law is way over hyped as an actor isn't he? I mean he's not bad, just not as good as you would expect. maybe it's his accent. anyway I was a little bit disappointed by the film. I like the punchline at the end, I just wish I had gone in expecting a tight body horror exploitation flick instead of something more grand in scope. I spent most of the movie wondering why the plot was complete bloody slimy nonsense instead of vibing

kalel fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 21, 2024

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

She could have had a Monster Hunter franchise if the first movie didn't bomb.

?

Gripweed posted:

Man, Monster Hunter really did not make an impact.

???

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

kalel posted:

maybe it's his accent

agreed, I spent the movie wondering why he's trying to do a canadian accent

at least they try to tie up ian holm's inexplicable accent at the end

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they're thinking of manhunter

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I like Monster Hunter and the Milla Jovovich Resident Evil movies, so I was basically the target demo for the Monster Hunter movie.

But then they made it a weird Isekai where Jovovich is a troop even though her being a troop has zero effect on the plot, and they decided the monster that should get the most screen time is the loving Nerscylla, literally the least iconic monster in the lineup, and the movie spends the first two acts in a cave, and they only get to something that feels Monster Huntery in the last act when it's clearly too late, and then the final fight is with a Rathalos and it's pretty lame, and there's some weird plot about this being a threat to both worlds, it's a loving Rathalos it's not a world threat, it's literally like the first big boss you fight, which is another huge mistake she should've fought the Rathalos early on and then reveal the big threat, especially if it's supposed to have some kind of world consequences, it really should have been an Elder Dragon, and not having Jovovich wear Kirin armor is basically the biggest own goal in cinematic history, how do you gently caress that up?

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Is the Expanse any good cause I’m a season in and I’m not entirely feeling it. If I just gotta power through another season for it to gel for me I’ll do it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

Is the Expanse any good cause I’m a season in and I’m not entirely feeling it. If I just gotta power through another season for it to gel for me I’ll do it.

If you aren’t feeling it by now then I’d just drop it.

The final season is garbage

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

Keep going but I can’t promise pay dirt until halfway into season 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

UnleashedDad posted:

Yes it's good. At least the first 3 seasons. But if you don't like it after season one I'd say stop and go watch something else.