Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
They made a sequel to kingsmen called kings man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anonymous Robot posted:

Prequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs6qZt3kVuo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

The first one is called Kingsman btw.
Kingsman: The Secret Service

This is the one that made me give up on Vaughn

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kingsman, fighter of the Knightman

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

The first one is called Kingsman btw.
Kingsman: The Secret Service

Huh this just Berenstæin'd me, and it's the same a/e dichotomy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does Carol Danvers have a character yet or is it still just other characters talking about how powerful she is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Her character is MIC girlboss

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
She's a space princess and the evil kree empire is conspiring to steal the air from her planet

Tragically no maid shaped ships are involved

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

Does Carol Danvers have a character yet or is it still just other characters talking about how powerful she is

I thought she had a decent amount of characterization in her first film. Endgame yeah she was just kinda there.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

She's a little sassy, prefers to work alone and deal with problems by herself, isn't comfortable with letting people in or dealing with emotional stuff.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

She's a little sassy, prefers to work alone and deal with problems by herself, isn't comfortable with letting people in or dealing with emotional stuff.

Amazing! How do they come up with this incredible stuff?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Air Skwirl posted:

I thought she had a decent amount of characterization in her first film. Endgame yeah she was just kinda there.

Iirc they filmed her Endgame scenes before they filmed Captain Marvel so that’s probably why.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Iirc they filmed her Endgame scenes before they filmed Captain Marvel so that’s probably why.

Endgame also had like 30 million characters, not a lot of time for characterization for anyone other than RDJ

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

therattle posted:

Amazing! How do they come up with this incredible stuff?

Hey now! When they wrote this they probably only had access to ChatGPT-2 , version 3 at most.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Kingsman is some real Tory poo poo. The big bang of "I've never interacted with someone of Eggsy's socio-economic standing, but this is what they are like and what they need" coming off it is truly powerful.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitch.tv/madameweb247

This channel has now been streaming Madame Web for over 48 hours at this point without any takedown.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Someone's gonna get morbed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The snippet I just watched still looks just like One Tree Hill. Lame

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

One Tree Hill wasn't a terrible show, and there's a goon that was in it (none of the stars).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I love The Beekeeper . Possibly the dumbest film I've ever seen.

It's like they watched John Wick and said "This is way too subtle and cerebral we need to pump this up to 11"

the film takes place over maybe three or four days in which The titular Beekeeper (Adam Clay) kills dozens, injures far more, and dismantles a several billion dollar criminal enterprise without breaking a sweat. All the while spouting really earnestly simple beekeeping metaphors. I don't think he even smiles for the entire film he's just 100% committed to bees and justice.

The bad guy is just a techbro version of Hunter Biden except his mom is Hillary Clinton and he funded her campaign by scamming old people . At one point one bad guy pleads for his life by offering Adam Clay (The Beekeeper) some rare NFTs. This does not work because Adam Clay only knows about beekeeping and murder.

Also I'm fairly sure there's some actual dummies being thrown off roofs and bridges and stairs whatnot and not just digital doubles.

Pure Cinema. Zero brains.

I hope they make many many more of these.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Today I watched two movies, both of which star actors who I don't generally link to really good movies, but both movies were really good!

First was A Force of One. A mashup of 70 crime thriller and lots of kung fu. I gotta be honest, I get Chuck Norris's career now. He really sells the fights. He absolutely comes across on screen as a guy who is extremely good at martial arts, and the fights showcase it well. It's got me a little interested in that whole genre of 70s/80s American martial arts movies. That's a genre I don't have much experience, aside from Billy Jack, but now I'm thinking I should investigate further.

After that cam Game Night. I had heard good things about it from multiple people, but I held off because for some reason I have this idea of Jason Bateman movies being generally not very good. But Game Night is great! A scripted comedy that was made this century, who knew? Really funny, very tightly plotted with twists and stuff. the right amount of zany, very few "well that happened" style jokes. A classic good comedy. It's not on the god level of Clue, but it's definitely in that family.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Right in the bullet hole.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Today I watched two movies, both of which star actors who I don't generally link to really good movies, but both movies were really good!

First was A Force of One. A mashup of 70 crime thriller and lots of kung fu. I gotta be honest, I get Chuck Norris's career now. He really sells the fights. He absolutely comes across on screen as a guy who is extremely good at martial arts, and the fights showcase it well. It's got me a little interested in that whole genre of 70s/80s American martial arts movies. That's a genre I don't have much experience, aside from Billy Jack, but now I'm thinking I should investigate further.

After that cam Game Night. I had heard good things about it from multiple people, but I held off because for some reason I have this idea of Jason Bateman movies being generally not very good. But Game Night is great! A scripted comedy that was made this century, who knew? Really funny, very tightly plotted with twists and stuff. the right amount of zany, very few "well that happened" style jokes. A classic good comedy. It's not on the god level of Clue, but it's definitely in that family.

Way of the Dragon is pretty cool, The Octagon is funny, if you want some more Chuck Norris.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Includes the great Tracey Walter in an uncredited role, as well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Air Skwirl posted:

Way of the Dragon is pretty cool, The Octagon is funny, if you want some more Chuck Norris.

The DVD started with the trailer for The Octagon, and it definitely got me in the right mood and made me interested in The Octagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UunAE9sbk0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The DVD started with the trailer for The Octagon, and it definitely got me in the right mood and made me interested in The Octagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UunAE9sbk0

You ever see a short clip of Chuck Norris with a voiceover of him just saying "Ninjas"? That's The Octagon.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Kingsman is some real Tory poo poo. The big bang of "I've never interacted with someone of Eggsy's socio-economic standing, but this is what they are like and what they need" coming off it is truly powerful.

It leans slightly more liberal imo but it is deeply elitist either way

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's all garbage politics like all of Millar/Vaughn. I only ever read one Millar comic that didn't make me roll my eyes and it was only just fine. Him and Vaughn are a marriage made in hell. And not in a cool way.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope they make many many more of these.
:hai:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I watched two movies today, War-Gods of the Deep and The Marvels.

War-Gods of the Deep was a lot of fun. Vincent Price as a menacing sea captain, lots of Jules Verne style turn of the century scuba suits, mermen, actual guys in full body merman costumes swimming around and getting into fights the Jules Verne guys, big classic cave sets, a Scottish man with a chicken. Just a fun olde timey sci-fi time.

The Marvels was a bit of a mess. It serves as a sequel to three things; the Ms. Marvel show no one watched, a minor subplot from the Wandavision show, and, and this one's the largest factor, a Captain Marvel movie that does not exist. Like, do you remember at the end of Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel says she's going to go gently caress up the Kree for being bad guys? And then that's just never mentioned again? Well, we discover through flashback like half an hour into this movie that she did do that off screen between movies. She destroyed the giant computer that ran their society and was their god, and also boiled their seas, wiped out most of their atmosphere, and extinguished their sun. And this movie is about one evil Kree lady trying to steal other planet's oceans, atmosphere, and sun in order to save the Kree homeworld.

These fuckin late era Marvel movies are trying to do way too much poo poo.

Wait, Captain Marvel committed omnicide offscreen?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

McCloud posted:

Wait, Captain Marvel committed omnicide offscreen?

Wikipedia indicates she just killed the god computer, and then they had a civil war that torched their atmosphere, dried up their seas, and crippled their sun. So still sort of but not exactly and then she fixes their sun at the end

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Marvels was really a loving mess of a movie, which I hated because I like both the comic book characters the main actors were portraying and the actors portraying them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It could be worse. You could be one of Sony's joints and have to scam actors into signing on by telling them they'll be in the real MCU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Wikipedia indicates she just killed the god computer, and then they had a civil war that torched their atmosphere, dried up their seas, and crippled their sun. So still sort of but not exactly and then she fixes their sun at the end

Oh so it's just good old US interventionism then. Perfectly in line with the Air Force mascot, actually

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DeimosRising posted:

drat, at least High Moon understood the fun to be had in actually depicting the civil war that destroyed a civilization made up entirely of giant robots.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

McCloud posted:

Oh so it's just good old US interventionism then. Perfectly in line with the Air Force mascot, actually

Explicitly in the movie, Captain Marvel's unilateral decision to simply kill the Kree Empire's evil AI ruler and leave is portrayed as a really bad decision, something Carol deeply regrets, and she directly blames herself for the planet-crippling outcomes of the civil war that followed. So it's entirely possible it's an intentional critique.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really have a big resolution apart from her working to restart the Kree's sun at the end, but given how much editing seems to have been done last minute, more might have been left on the cutting room floor.

Melusine fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 21, 2024

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's not entirely fair, she also ruins a peace talk which results in (another) massacre of the Skrulls. Whoops!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Mordiceius posted:

https://twitch.tv/madameweb247

This channel has now been streaming Madame Web for over 48 hours at this point without any takedown.

I clicked on this and Dakota Johnson was casually eating Chinese food in the office and said "I was a model foster kid, I peed outside and everything" haha what the gently caress does that mean

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

She plays a total weirdo who is incapable of interacting with regular people without embarassing herself.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
You hate to immediately recognise the temp track they told the music guys to copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56t7upa8Bk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
This is amazing

https://hard-drive.net/hd/entertainment/every-best-picture-winner-ranked-by-how-good-a-muppets-version-would-be/?ref=thebrowser.com