Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Karach posted:

never apologize for this, you can't just let people run around loving up declensions

mors americae. mors israeli
a flumine ad mare palestina liberabitur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

skooma512 posted:

I think the most shocking thing revealed is that they actually seem to care about being seen as something other than the blue country's toadie and that they're not greenlighting Rafah. I would have expected it to be a fig leaf but still with full backing of the attack.

Anyway, double standards lol. Did anyone make a super cut of Blinken moralizing about Russians crimes in Ukraine but basically saying "vae victus" and war is hell when asked about Gaza?

they already green-lighted rafah its nothing but a pr game

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
Heh, declensions? That what you call your face? :smug:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

They have the same target as before. The creation of Israel is basically successful implementation of the madagascar plan, ship all the jews somewhere else. Hell, its now OK (even encouraged) to say Jews have a double loyalty and are all israel sympathizers.

How many months until they start saying Adolf was a great humanitarian whose project to protect the Jewish people was interrupted by the Allies Soviet Russia?

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Declension your buttholes about Latin grammar, nerds

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure who the older guy is but I think he's consistently held that fucker's feet to the fire with his questions. I'm genuinely surprised Miller is continuing to call on him.

I think he covers State for the AP.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

OctaMurk posted:

They have the same target as before. The creation of Israel is basically successful implementation of the madagascar plan, ship all the jews somewhere else. Hell, its now OK (even encouraged) to say Jews have a double loyalty and are all israel sympathizers.

This is going to be a bigger and bigger problem now that you can mask off say those things in polite liberal discourse

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Wow, incredible historic moment here.
Only a few years ago you couldn't have a poc announce the final solution on the air

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Real hurthling! posted:

Right of retvrn

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/202...af-dad756540000 (paywalled)
Opinion | Israeli Soldiers' Looting in Gaza Is Part of the Revenge

quote:

Almost beneath the public's radar, soldiers have been looting the property of Gaza Strip residents after taking over their homes. In the daily Yedioth Ahronoth, columnist Nahum Barnea quoted the testimony of one reservist doctor: "Smaller, less disciplined forces have looted telephones, Dysons, motorcycles and bicycles. Fair? I was embarrassed. At some point, I stopped commenting on it, because I was viewed as a nudnik."

A combat soldier in the Givati Brigade proudly showed Uri Levy, a reporter for Kan 11 public television, a large mirror taken from a home in Khan Yunis. On social media, soldiers post videos like the one of a soldier proudly displaying soccer jerseys taken from a Gaza home, while reservists boast of gourmet meals prepared from food they took from Gazans' kitchens.

This plethora of verbal testimony reflects a widespread problem. But the army seems to be having trouble preventing it.

Yaniv Kubovich reported in the Haaretz Hebrew edition in December that the issue has come up in the chief of staff's conversations with various units, but no systematic attempt has been made to prevent the looting. The chief education officer, who isn't in the chain of command, issued a letter to the troops on this issue. Its ambiguous wording was accompanied by repeated underlining, all devoted to the looting, to show that this problem bothers the army.
[...]

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
"beneath the public's radar," meaning they post their crimes on tiktok daily

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

:dogstare::staredog:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

skooma512 posted:

The only uh, democracy, in the middle east

holy poo poo

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

"beneath the public's radar," meaning they post their crimes on tiktok daily

"We usually don't report this" seems closer

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Proof that the hasbara money is gone

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

it would be so sad if a health or power system were to collapse within the borders of historic palestine. truly only a monster would cause that to happen....

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

In my experience, the way average "normie" liberals think of this basically boils down to "they simply trust that the Democrats in charge have good intentions." No matter what you tell them, they simply assume there must be some reason for the Biden admin to do what it does (and that any alternatives would be worse).

It's basically just blind faith. In the "story" that is American politics, it's a simple fact that Democrats are the good guys. Maybe they have some flaws or make mistakes, but the fact that they're "the right choice" is never questioned or doubted.

edit: With people like our D&D friends, who actually spend lots of time arguing about this stuff, they basically drive themselves insane because they share the same faith as their "normie" counterparts but try to prove that it's actually logical (an impossible task since, well, it's not).

though the warlike occident cultures claim no believe in any deity, they in fact practise a warped form of worship where an inner spirit has a direct connection to the divine. this has become twisted in the modern age to something even more brutish: worship of the individual self.

acts are judged not based on their outcomes, but on tribal members' inherit virtue. meanwhile, all actions of a designated other are interpreted as an obvious act of evil or perfidiousness.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

apatheticman posted:

lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the IDF is so dumb they haven't caught up to lessons learned from the First World War

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

First it was that asshat congressman from FL who said there are no innocent children in Gaza…and now this super asshat saying, “kill ‘em all”

https://x.com/joshuaphilll/status/1760096396412408193?s=46

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

apatheticman posted:

Yeah she’s gonna be welcomed with open arms, especially since she’s being sued for sexual assault of 2 minors. Ol’ tiffany will be in good company

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

apatheticman posted:

come and see

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Heavy clashes in northern Gaza.

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCommie/status/1760018667289317664

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCommie/status/1760018669441102188

Jenin is also fighting

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCommie/status/1760050099021885754

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCommie/status/1760050101999829392

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

crepeface posted:

perfidiousness

perfidy

i'm fixating on this tiny detail as a form of displacement to avoid processing the liberal straight up calling it the final solution in a press conference, goddamn is this bleak

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Feb 21, 2024

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Might be kinda Burger posting but has Kyrie ever gone to occupied Palestine?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...y-report-warns/
War with Hezbollah could cause frequent, extended power outages across most of Israel, Health Ministry report warns

Should a full-scale war break out between Israel and Hezbollah along the country’s northern borders, Israel’s health system could collapse and extended power outages could become the norm, the Kan public broadcaster reports.

Citing a report it obtained after it was presented to the relevant authorities by Health Minister Uriel Busso and Health Ministry director-general Moshe Bar Siman-Tov, Kan reports that a war with Lebanon’s Iran-backed terror group could result in frequent power outages across 60 percent of Israel, each one lasting two hours, multiple times a day.

As a result, Israel’s health system could be placed under immense strain, as ventilators and respiratory support systems would no longer be able to rely on the current energy infrastructure and will instead require a huge number of generators, the report warns.

As a result, Kan reports, the Health Ministry is seeking to establish energy and oxygen centers across the country, each of which could provide enough electricity for 50 rechargeable ventilators and other medical equipment that would be used on a rolling basis, removing the burden from the hospitals themselves.

“The goal of this is to prevent the health system from collapsing while it is already under heavy strain,” the report cites Siman-Tov as saying.

This is PR so assume it’s a hundred times worse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OctaMurk posted:

the israelis bragged for years and years about all their advanced tunnel fighting technology

The seismic tunnel detectors, the elite tunnel warriors equipped with robots and future weapons, the attack dogs

Lol

I would be fascinated to know if that was simply bravado or if the dog believed the tail wagging it.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

PawParole posted:

Heavy clashes in northern Gaza

are we having a tet offensive moment here?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
https://twitter.com/BertaAdvantage/status/1760024501969154299

US Ambassador to UN: “We will continue to actively engage in the hard work of direct diplomacy on the ground until we reach a Final Solution.”

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is going to be a bigger and bigger problem now that you can mask off say those things in polite liberal discourse

who is the boogeyman in this case? a massive contingent of traditional Bavarian fascists who also happen to yearn for Palestine free from river to sea?

if I had to guess - the actual end result will be anti Muslim rhetoric and violence will continue to intensify in the west

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BearsBearsBears posted:

https://twitter.com/BertaAdvantage/status/1760024501969154299

US Ambassador to UN: “We will continue to actively engage in the hard work of direct diplomacy on the ground until we reach a Final Solution.”

Final solutions are back on the menu. USA approved..

I feel like I'd more people were actually afraid of eternal hellfire we wouldn't be here. But I'm not a theological scholar.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

DancingShade posted:

I feel like I'd more people were actually afraid of eternal hellfire we wouldn't be here. But I'm not a theological scholar.

Its like the mcrib

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol how the hell can anyone:
  1. spout this gibberish PR speak
  2. listen to it without screaming incoherently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1D-u2vf_0"

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Vomik posted:

who is the boogeyman in this case? a massive contingent of traditional Bavarian fascists who also happen to yearn for Palestine free from river to sea?

if I had to guess - the actual end result will be anti Muslim rhetoric and violence will continue to intensify in the west

Yeah exactly,

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

but ultimately what enables these contradictions to be managed during the Cold War, when anti-Communism was as important as ever, was that the holocaust destroyed the European Jewry for all intents and purposes. Zionism enabled a Europe wide Madagascar plan. Israel provides an acceptable outlet to resolve what Marx referred to as the Jewish question. Europeans never reconcile antisemitism really, they just “reconcile” the Jewish problem by subtracting Jews from the equation.

parenthetically now we’re seeing pretty much all of the same dynamics re-created in real time, but with Muslims, because we again have waves of refugees entering Western Europe, then being exploited as urban labor, who are never absorbed into the national fabric. A wedge is created between them, and other workers, from having solidarity through the right mobilizing in defence of the social and economic order presided over by liberals, along this axis of Nationalism, Sectarianism and Whatever. So basically, nobody learned anything.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Marianhouk/status/1760046385192464883

Sisi is a dog in the form of a human. I hope he becomes to first person in history to ever choke on Mulukhia (let’s be honest, he’s eating imported French chicken) so let’s hope he chokes on that as well

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
my one dream is life is to see MBZ and Sisi die painfully

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

DancingShade posted:

if you need the threat of that to stop you from wanton murder and devastation then youre hosed anyways
and the worst of those guys are the OG sov cit thinkers but-for-afterlife anyways, less how can i avoid this and more how can i make sure everyone but me gets this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/Marianhouk/status/1760046385192464883

Sisi is a dog in the form of a human. I hope he becomes to first person in history to ever choke on Mulukhia (let’s be honest, he’s eating imported French chicken) so let’s hope he chokes on that as well

hm, yeah that guy seems like a real piece of poo poo but i am quite intrigued by this soup described as "mucilaginous" and made out of swamp fiber. i want the swamp rope snot soup!